Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

I never got into Pachinko.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Teddy Thunders posted:

That's literally exactly how it works except it's happening inside a little machine that makes a very quiet hum for a while, and then it beeps and there's soup.

It's a Philips something or other. You literally dump everything in raw and it just happens. It's magic as far as I'm concerned (I'm not a hardware engineer don't ask me).

Today's soup was bnut squash with oat cream and a bunch of sage and garlic; the machine even blended the hot soup for me. I enjoy soup.

Philips made my shaver, my toothbrush, my electric corkscrew, and they also invented the cassette tape and collaborated on CDs. Magical soup-making machines is just the next step in their evolution.

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

I just bought a house :stare:

Buying a house is a good thing for some people to do. I love my house, which I bought.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Philips made my shaver, my toothbrush, my electric corkscrew, and they also invented the cassette tape and collaborated on CDs. Magical soup-making machines is just the next step in their evolution.

It's true. They also made my toothbrush, my bf's shaver, and my sound system things. They are okay sometimes.

Finger Prince

I just watched this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQFOPEtWOk

immediately followed by this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIjVuRTm-dc

OMFG.

Escape From Noise

alnilam posted:

I just bought a house :stare:

Does it have a lawn I can crash on?

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

i like that chanel

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

thinking we need a third offical byob song. maybe a country byob epic?

https://vocaroo.com/hYlZmoiq8E8

(kaiser schnitzel made that!)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

my post my have been a call for this song cause i don't have it handy. i really should save a bunch of vocaroos before they disapear, the british reading of one of my posts from the bump this thread thread that i gassed is one of my favourite things of all time and i am right now realizing i don't know how to find it

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Finger Prince

aldantefax posted:

i like that chanel

I just discovered it like last week. I love it. It's so good.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
the whole fantasy series is deep

Bingo Bango

I had never heard this before and I love it!!

Derpies

by sebmojo
Looking for good vibes here send em on over

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Heather Papps posted:

thinking we need a third offical byob song. maybe a country byob epic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGwQU0xiC0M

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Robot Made of Meat

Derpies posted:

Vibing the H*CK out of you!

cruft

Wow, yobbers are having big life events today! Congratulations to alnilam, whose username the app doesn't spell check, and how wonderful!!

I hope you've both put a nail in a wall.

Heather Papps

hello friend

this really does supersede them all, even buck skin coat

Finger Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfpDZdVEqTY

Manifisto

:catstare:

have you checked out the other songs?

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

The epic byob country song is either this:
https://youtu.be/eEOFQfXYbBM

Or like, all the John prine songs distilled together into one, but especially with strong elements of Spanish Pipedream, Paradise, and ‘when I get to heaven’
https://youtu.be/l0EiV423j0M

Gosh dang I miss John prine

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Manifisto posted:

:catstare:

have you checked out the other songs?

checking out the animals video to see if he's hunting women

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

checking out the animals video to see if he's hunting women

somehow it's worse than i thought it would be

Manifisto

Heather Papps posted:

oh god

and yet I feel compelled to check it out, why am I like this

e: wow

it is a rather big lol that the rest of the band really does get maybe 10 seconds of screen time

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 30, 2021

Wilmott Snipes

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I have a whole house to myself after my parents died. Any orbs who need to have a rest come to Arizona. All I can guarantee is weird beer and somewhere to sleep lol.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Manifisto posted:

oh god

and yet I feel compelled to check it out, why am I like this

don't ask the man who is like this, friend!

alnilam

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Does it have a lawn I can crash on?

Not exactly! I mean there's space but it's mostly mulch and plants and raised beds, as it should be :hai: mulch is plenty nice to pitch a tent on tho

ty manifisto

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

blaise rascal posted:

But that’s not all folks! We’re going out in style, with a brand new version of a song from Beauty and the Beast, with custom lyrics written by myself. I request you go into this one blind, and only after you’ve listened to it, check out my lyrics in the next post.

https://vocaroo.com/1142LiIrtHrI

I forgot about this one too!!!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

I think it's like some kind of rule of maroon 5 videos. It's always worse.

Manifisto

im freaking the heck out posted:

I have a whole house to myself after my parents died. Any orbs who need to have a rest come to Arizona. All I can guarantee is weird beer and somewhere to sleep lol.

alnilam posted:

Not exactly! I mean there's space but it's mostly mulch and plants and raised beds, as it should be :hai: mulch is plenty nice to pitch a tent on tho

oh man, a post-covid byob road trip does sound p appealing after a year of this crap

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I can’t wait to like, get drunk and scream with a crowd of other humans

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

alnilam

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Heather Papps

hello friend

thank loving light unendying byob exists right now. i have not done a great job coping with the last calendar year but i hate to imagine how much worse it'd have been without the resource of an island of chill in an ocean of madness.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Heather Papps posted:

thank loving light unendying byob exists right now. i have not done a great job coping with the last calendar year but i hate to imagine how much worse it'd have been without the resource of an island of chill in an ocean of madness.

Finger Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jAIQFaRWpY

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

Yeah, it's been rough.

Congratulations, new home owners! :c2b:

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Prof. Crocodile

Derpies posted:

Always down 2 vibe :wom:

Prof. Crocodile

Manifisto posted:

oh man, a post-covid byob road trip does sound p appealing after a year of this crap

Gassin up the byorv

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Advice from one homeowner to another:

You want the cordless electric weed eater with an extra battery pack.

The Kitchen Aid dishwasher is expensive but it really is nice and it actually works better than the Bosch, trust me.

If you can hear water but can't see it, but it's loud, that's bad, call a plumber.

DON'T TEST THE PAINT FOR LEAD BY TASTING IT, HOLY poo poo.

It's called a foyer no a FOI-YAYand yes it's the stupidest room of your house so get used to paying more in electric bills.

Yes it does cost extra but you really do need more instance coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Teddy Thunders posted:

Advice from one homeowner to another:

You want the cordless electric weed eater with an extra battery pack.

The Kitchen Aid dishwasher is expensive but it really is nice and it actually works better than the Bosch, trust me.

If you can hear water but can't see it, but it's loud, that's bad, call a plumber.

DON'T TEST THE PAINT FOR LEAD BY TASTING IT, HOLY poo poo.

It's called a foyer no a FOI-YAYand yes it's the stupidest room of your house so get used to paying more in electric bills.

Yes it does cost extra but you really do need more instance coverage.

Ooh can I do some too?

Cordless electric power tools are friggin awesome, I wound up with Ryobi One+ but just because that's what my dad already had. You can power a hedge trimmer, chainsaw, handheld vacuum cleaner, screwdriver, car polisher, shop vac, and jigsaw, all with the same battery.

Kitchen Aid mixers are built like tanks and haven't changed since 1930. If you can score a hand me down, take it. Otherwise plan to give the one you buy to your grandkids.

When you buy smart home stuff, ask yourself whether the manufacturer is going to provide software updates. If not, and you absolutely have to have it, put it on your guest network at least. I'm partial to the Ikea Tradfri / Philips Hue, because they don't do wifi, they go through a gateway. I don't want to worry about n unpatched vulnerability in my lightbulb.

You can use cardboard boxes to store things. Write what's inside with a marker. Also try to put spare parts near the thing they're for, and label them too. Everybody gets older eventually and runs out of room to remember what the hell that part is in the unlabeled baggie.

Play around with turning off the water to your house. Do it now, so when poo poo's going crazy, you don't have to figure it out while panicked.

Sleep number mattresses are overpriced.

When you paint the wall, you can buy these little paint pots with a brush built in to the lid. Pour leftover paint in them, label what room they're for, and now you have easy touch-up paint.

cruft fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 30, 2021