Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

JOHN CENA posted:

the pregnant lady is being sarcastic.

The baby is Mox's, it'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You really think a pregnant lady with a well-known history of sarcasm would really do that, go on the Internet and lie? :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Paige's mother wrestled while pregnant and she turned out fine!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Paige's mother wrestled while pregnant and she turned out fine!

I agree, WWE would absolutely be better with Ron Howard narrating it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/jonmoxIeys/status/1323001378227343360

Big Yeehaw

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I have decided I want Nyla and Riho to become friends and team up for a while.

I don't care if they ever explain how this occurs, I just want to see how Nyla's shitposting morphs with Riho around

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The Small Monster & The Native Beast, I like it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There is only one tiny Japanese wrestler that Nyla should be tagging with

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Hangman is uhhhhh probably one of the hottest dudes in the world

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Hangman is uhhhhh probably one of the hottest dudes in the world

He is not even top 3 after Jungle Boy, Ricky and Sammy after Brandi has done his makeup.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Nyla: still the best

https://twitter.com/nylarosebeast/status/1355245925418098690?s=10

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This is great but what it really does for me is I want to see Takumi and Nagayo show up in AEW for a one-off so Excalibur can flip the gently caress out over Nagayo

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

MassRafTer posted:

He is not even top 3 after Jungle Boy, Ricky and Sammy after Brandi has done his makeup.

Fair enough but can we at least agree Hangman got a good butt?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

frankenfreak posted:

The Small Monster & The Native Beast, I like it.

sounds like you want the big kaiju, actually

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Are they doing mecha shiva?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MECHA-SHIVA! MECHA-SHIVA!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Imagine thinking anyone shitposted with more power than Nyla

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is goddamn incredible :stwoon:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

🐐 the GOAT AEW Twitter and it’s not even close

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/1355370569517166592?s=19

My boys :unsmith:

Yes, Kevin Owens wore my boys shirt on the smackdown before the rumble and Roman came in with this.

Huge pop.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Fair enough but can we at least agree Hangman got a good butt?

:chast2b:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Grosdoriane/status/1355187610302500867?s=19

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

super big yee-haw, not gonna lie i've watched this like 10x straight

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Hirez posted:

super big yee-haw, not gonna lie i've watched this like 10x straight

you're not alone

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/ShutUpExcalibur/status/1355633664969719809

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I dunno if Taz has always had a sense of humor or if he's just happy in his job right now but lately he's killing it for sure

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

I dunno if Taz has always had a sense of humor

he did not

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm glad he turned the corner then because he's pretty fun nowadays

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/realscottyriggs/status/1355526547336286213

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Tazz definitely had a sense of humor by the time he was a Smackdown commentator with Cole circa 2002-2005 but I'm guessing he either did not have one or didn't think it would be good to show it in his ECW heyday.

There was also a relatively narrow window where Tazz had found his rhythm as a color commentator before he got shipped off to the rebooted ECW and slowly got ground down until he walked out. Then he was clearly phoning it in 99% of the time in TNA, culminating in him finally winning Worst Announcer in the WON Awards in 2013. But in that Smackdown era he was consistently in the Top 3 vote getters, only surpassed by Jim Ross and Mike Tenay. It's a lower stakes version of Tony Schiavone getting his groove back in AEW.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 31, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Working for WWE drains you of personality who knew

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Seams posted:

Working for WWE drains you of personality who knew

I mean I figured that was the case but Taz never seemed like a guy that could poke fun at himself until recently so I didnt know if it was the WWE curse or just finally letting himself have fun

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In TNA he'd routinely just get silly on the secondary shows like the One Night Onlys. I think he's just got his on character and then his goofy self.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I enjoy his goofy self so I'm glad he's finally mixing the two

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Taz and Tenay laughing at each other for accidentally saying the copyrighted names were probably the best part of that ECW Nostalgia PPV TNA ran.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Orange Carlisle posted:

I mean I figured that was the case but Taz never seemed like a guy that could poke fun at himself until recently so I didnt know if it was the WWE curse or just finally letting himself have fun

As laid back as the AEW locker room seems to be, I'd imagine it's had a positive effect on him.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Taz was funny while in ECW, just maybe unintentionally, as Mick Foley found out.

quote:

The other commercial-making experience was in reality nothing more than an audition in New York City, but was memorable nonetheless. I was working for Extreme Championship Wrestling during the spring of 1995, when Paul Heyman, the mad professor of sports-entertainment, told me about an audition for an American Express commercial starring Jerry Seinfeld. Only a few wrestlers were going to be there, Paul assured me, before adding that he felt I was the odds-on favorite for the gig.

It was a cattle call. Not only was every guy who'd laced up a pair of boots in the last ten years there, but every tattooed biker and musclehead in the tri-state area as well. I knew in all probability that it was much more important to look good than to actually be good, and with the knowledge that I carried about as much muscle on my body as an inactive twelve-year-old, I felt that my chances weren't all that good. Nonetheless, I waited my turn and changed into my working gear when called upon.

"You've got quite a few scars on your arms," the casting director noted quite accurately. I took this to mean that my chances of being picked were slimmer than Calista Flockhart surviving a hunger strike. "Where did you get all those from?" I tried to explain my propensity for Japanese barbed-wire matches as a means to paying my mortgage in as quick a way as possible, but the director's look of disgust lasted long after my story had ended.

"If we pick you for this story," the lady inquired, "what can you do to Jerry without hurting him?" In this situation, I did what every wrestler worth his salt would do when questioned about his talent. I lied my rear end off. I rattled off the names of moves that I hadn't tried in years, some that I'd never even attempted, and some that hadn't even been invented yet. Hell, I think I even told her I could dropkick. Oddly, despite my stated mastery of every move ever performed, and my ability to perform them all without harming a hair on Jerry's head, I didn't get the part. In fact, nobody did, as the proposed commercial was scrapped.

A few days after the cattle call, I was talking with a few ECW wrestlers and comparing notes on the commercial audition. Like me, the other wrestlers' lists of moves they could perform without hurting Jerry ranged from slight exaggeration to outright whoppers. All except Taz, who at five-foot-seven and 270 pounds of muscle was known as "the human suplex machine." Taz opted instead for the honest approach. "Hey, I told 'em I couldn't guarantee nothin'," he told us in his Red Hook, Brooklyn, accent. "I told 'em that if Jerry gets in there with me, he's kind of taking his chances"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmfao taz rules

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I am claiming Youtube as social media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIEYMWFxaJw

AJ Styles is such a sooky baby when it comes to video games. I mean the whole point of UpUpDownDown is to have silly childish fun. But he always takes it so seriously and gets so tantrummy angry when he loses.

I mean, seriously mate, you are playing old video games with your friends who are hooping and hollering and laughing. Why do you care so much when you lose, why do you make schoolyard blaming the tools excuses for your loss, and where the gently caress is your sense of humour?

I suppose it's good he gave up his twitch for the good of the corporate overlords. Because I can't imagine watching him play would have been at all fun or entertaining.

On the other hand, Tyler Breeze is so charismatic. I love the others pantomime booing him. It is a true mystery why WWE couldn't do more with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Taz has always had a sense of humor but he always took himself and certain things really seriously. Now he only acts like he does to gently caress with people.