Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2: Legendary Co-op

The shittiest of the campaigns I think. The Covenant weapons feel really awful in this one and you have to use them for most of it.

Nope. the best part of any of the campaigns are the parts where you play as the arbiter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Klowner posted:

Nope. the best part of any of the campaigns are the parts where you play as the arbiter

The Klowner posted:

Halo 2 (Normal)

Oh ya and fill out the MTG poll, it closes at 2100 MST today.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

Super Castlevania 4 - the diagonal and upward whipping and the stairs being more forgiving were definitely major upgrades, but I think 3 is still a better game.

yeah agreed. aesthetically Super Castlevania 4 is the poo poo, just really great moody atmosphere throughout, but it's too long and the whole first half of the game is a complete cakewalk so it's kind of a drag to play repetitively

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its one of those games that suffers from being an early release and the devs wanted to show off all the cool new snes features so theres a bunch of padding so you can sit back admire the mode7 or whatever

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Castlevania Adventure (Game Boy)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 100% Complete

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
4. Final Fantasy 15: Royal Edition (No Easy Mode, Terra Battle Event Quest, Final Fantasy 14 Event Quest, All July 2017 Trophies, Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Episode Ignis, Episode Ardyn)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

herculon posted:

The game isn't very good but the soundtrack is incredible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

Castlevania Adventure II kicks rear end, in case you were on the fence about playing the sequel

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thumper: left my save halfway the penultimate level and after like 2 years i decided to finish it. cool as hell game, had to relearn everything during some hard parts. the final stage is cool as poo poo but a bit bullshit. cool game

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ff9. big thanks to whoever recommended the moguri mod for the steam version. the game felt way shorter than i remembered but i feel like all final fantasies are like that

cant believe i hadnt replayed it since basically release

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge - this is the first time I've played it and it's a legit top 15 Game Boy game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3) Ys Origin (Nightmare/Toal) - 1/28/2021

So drat good, Toal is such a blast to play as. There were a few roadblocks on Nightmare but overall it wasn't too bad difficulty wise. Love the true final boss

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 28, 2021

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Castlevania: Bloodlines - the only game I have left in the anniversary collection is Kid Dracula

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. No More Heroes (Mild, True Ending, All T-Shirts): As a teenager I couldn't get passed Holly Summers in the Wii version so I've finally had my revenge. Amazing game overall and I think they tweaked it a bit since the Wii version. There's a tutorial in the first mission that explains the combat pretty in-depth that helps a lot, and having the high/low sword/melee attacks be button specific instead of based on WiiMote orientation was a lot easier.

Most of the bosses were amazing but ones like Shinobu and Bad Girl despite being really hard in a cool way just took way too long because they were so passive and Bad Girl in particular had like three separate moves where you just had to stand still and not approach her. Just absolutely class the whole way through. I really liked he dumb part time jobs they were so stupid I wish they paid more than the assassinations which were kind of lame to just do again and again to grind. I didn't find the grind that bad over all even though I bought all available items but I wish they'd made the part time jobs worth more or that you could quickly redo assassinations. As soon as you unlock the one right beside the assassination centre there's no reason to do anything else. It's worth the most and closest.

Almost certainly going to break my no new games policy to buy NMH2 and TSB before 3 later this year.

e: Also I remember a guy on a forum I posted on a lot in the 2000s saying that Letz Shake was insanely hard and his hands nearly fell off from flailing the wiimote and I couldn't even get past Holly summers so lol now that I played that fight

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
beat ganon's tower in legend mode on hyrule warriors. thought i'd get credits or something and be able to make an official games beat post here but maybe i need to do the two remeaining linkle and cia missions too i guess? but that just might unlock more missions

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

beat ganon's tower in legend mode on hyrule warriors. thought i'd get credits or something and be able to make an official games beat post here but maybe i need to do the two remeaining linkle and cia missions too i guess? but that just might unlock more missions

yeah those unlock the last set of missions which you need to do for adventure maps

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Life Is Strange

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

welcome posted:

Life Is Strange

agreed

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

2. A Link to the Past - was replaying this for my son's pre-dinner half hour of video games. I forgot how hard it is compared to modern Zelda, some of the trap rooms in Ganon's tower are brutal. Was awesome to relive it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i know hes just young but i like the idea of telling your kid he can play for 30 minutes and never handing him the controller

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Super Mario Bros. 3 - All Levels

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)

Next is gonna be Hitman 3

3. Hitman 3 (1/27)

Next is gonna be Cyber Shadow

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 30, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

i know hes just young but i like the idea of telling your kid he can play for 30 minutes and never handing him the controller

lol

I actually do periodically, but he usually gets himself stuck in a menu and asks me to take over.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

1. Cyber Shadow

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
5. The Lego Ninjago Movie (86% Completion)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video

great creepy atmosphere in this game. definitely going to keep going with it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

3. Disco Elysium. Really liked this. I didn't expect so many of the sidequests to tie into the ending. I'm normally a hopeless competionist but I was only tempted to reload once: I failed a check I had over 80 percent to make in my signature skill, Empathy, and someone committed suicide and even that I just decided to live with. There were a couple of quests I never finished (never found the music for the kids and I missed out on at least one piece of the armor), but it felt right to end it. Not sure how I feel about them making a full sequel, but I'm interested to see what ZA/UM tries in the future.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

disco elysium easily claims the title of greatest rpg of all time by removing the combat layer aka the worst part of ALL crpgs whether j or w :twisted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
There's a (free) expansion for Disco Elysium coming out in March with literally full voice acting for everything in the game (which is insane with all the text involved with the skills talking to you and stuff) and some new quests, apparently. Glad I've put off playing it a second time because I beat it at launch and I've had a hankering to do it again

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i finished the hit Doom megawad "eviternity" which was pretty amazeballs all around. the ice levels [with ice physics!!!!] and the hell levels [aka ALWAYS boring] were my favorite parts tbh. lots of cool memorable fights.

i wont ever be able to uv pistol start maps 32, 19, and 29 w/o saving so did i really finish it? idk. also the custom end boss is awful, which i guess is still an improvement over the icon of sin.

the "fun factor" is not as high [4.5] as ancient alients [a 5] however.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i finished the hit Doom megawad "eviternity" which was pretty amazeballs all around. the ice levels [with ice physics!!!!] and the hell levels [aka ALWAYS boring] were my favorite parts tbh. lots of cool memorable fights.

i wont ever be able to uv pistol start maps 32, 19, and 29 w/o saving so did i really finish it? idk. also the custom end boss is awful, which i guess is still an improvement over the icon of sin.

the "fun factor" is not as high [4.5] as ancient alients [a 5] however.

i really cant think of any good fps boss fights off the top of my head so im not surprised

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

There's a (free) expansion for Disco Elysium coming out in March with literally full voice acting for everything in the game (which is insane with all the text involved with the skills talking to you and stuff) and some new quests, apparently. Glad I've put off playing it a second time because I beat it at launch and I've had a hankering to do it again

I think the full voice acting would drive me nuts but I'm excited for more content. maybe next time I play I won't be the sorry cop :(

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

i really cant think of any good fps boss fights off the top of my head so im not surprised

the best ones i can think of atm are the ones in amid evil altho they're merely "okay."

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

alexa find c drive gog screenshot. edit: wrong window

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

alexa find c drive gog screenshot. edit: wrong window

the expak boss in blood is truely amazing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. No More Heroes (Mild, True Ending, All T-Shirts)
3. Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty (Hard Mode all 299 Mudokons saved): I had this as a kid and started it so many times but could never beat it, it was so hard. To be honest i proabably wouldn't have beaten it this time if they hadn't added Quicksave and load. They had that in Abe's Exxodus though so clearly they realised even back then the original should have had it. Mostly i found it tonnes of fun but the game doesn't control super precisely so it was at it's best when the rooms were just focused on figuring out the puzzles rather than both that and really tight platforming that it wasn't really equipped for. There was also a handful of areas where the timing of a few things seemed broken and i wish they'd tuned those parts of it. Not sure if they were an issue in the original. There were some rooms I thought were total BS then when i figured out the best order to do things they were easily reproducible. The end game also got too fond of soft locking you out of saving Mudokons for arbitrary reasons. In the final level theres two separate puzzles rooms but if you do the first one first you make it impossible to do the second due to a very absurd reason lol. Despite all this i liked it a lot and might even do the speedrun at some point.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

[b]1.
[b]3.

Advanced list inflation techniques.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3.1) Ys Origin (Nightmare/Hugo) - 1/30/2021

Always thought Hugo was pretty boring so I never finished a playthrough with him, but his overpoweredness kind of lends itself to Nightmare mode. The final boss was really good with him. Now I've unlocked the bonus modes for the first time ever I so I may give EX Yunica a try on Nightmare as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Im going to beat bloodstained this year. I will hold myself to this.