Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I stayed up late last night watching Santa's Summer House on the stream and that is one bizarre movie.

One thing I picked up on that Kevin, Mike and Bill missed was that Mike the driver was played by this guy, Woo a two time Survivor player ( unless they chose not to crack a joke on it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New Bridget and Mary Jo riff, Earth Angel a movie that stars Cindy Williams, Mark Hamill, Erik Estrada, Roddy McDowell and Daran Norris.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

New Bridget and Mary Jo riff, Earth Angel a movie that stars Cindy Williams, Mark Hamill, Erik Estrada, Roddy McDowell and Daran Norris.

quote:

WRITTEN BY: Bridget Nelson, Mary Jo Pehl, Matthew J. Elliot

CONTRIBUTING WRITERS: Zac Shatzer, August Nelson, Karyn Vanderkooy

Is August one of Mike and Bridget's kids?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Andy Dick is in the movie for exactly one line.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Awful to see Matthew J. Elliot getting more work over long time Rifftrax contributor Matthew J. Elliott

Barudak fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 24, 2021

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Never liked that guy, down with Matthew J. Elliot bring back Matthew J. Elliot!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not sure if this is a prelude to anything but the Rifftrax Youtube channel just uploaded an older short (Good Health Practices)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Not sure if this is a prelude to anything but the Rifftrax Youtube channel just uploaded an older short (Good Health Practices)

Its a prelude to me watching it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

I stayed up late last night watching Santa's Summer House on the stream and that is one bizarre movie.

One thing I picked up on that Kevin, Mike and Bill missed was that Mike the driver was played by this guy, Woo a two time Survivor player ( unless they chose not to crack a joke on it).

Is that the one that has Cynthia Rothrock but not, I don't know, breaking up a drug ring at the North Pole?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

Is that the one that has Cynthia Rothrock but not, I don't know, breaking up a drug ring at the North Pole?

It does! She's Ms. Claus and wears a red satin dress and big dark sunglasses the whole time, completely unrecognizable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Earth Angel is one of those movies where things would have probably turned out the same without the main character. Angela has to use her ghost powers to break up Cindy and Mike but Cindy only started dating Mike because Angela pushed her to. Similarly Cindy's mom didn't seem like she needed a lot of help in seeing that Duke was a d-bag.

I guess you could say that the ultimate goal was to show Angela that she was wrong but the afterlife shouldn't be dragging other people into her (after)life lesson.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Mark Hamill was 40 and Erik Estrada was 42 when that movie came out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They only play teenagers for the opening, then there's a time skip to "modern" day and they play characters more their age.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1353802320669270019

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Dawgstar posted:

I'd like to think David Decoteau cast her because he's a fan, and not just because he could hire her dirt cheap.

I saw bits of that movie on the Twitch channel and couldn't make any sense of it. It's like A Talking Cat!?! if you took out anything interesting about it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's a fair assessment.
That movie got two awesome martial artists and couldn't be arsed to give us a single high kick or whatever. And don't tell me the non-existent plot could not have supported a short training scene.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

By popular demand posted:

That's a fair assessment.
That movie got two awesome martial artists and couldn't be arsed to give us a single high kick or whatever. And don't tell me the non-existent plot could not have supported a short training scene.

Guy from Future War is awesome?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

No but Kathy Long is.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

By popular demand posted:

No but Kathy Long is.

Oh wow I didn't realize she was a martial artist as well. We're they casting for a martial arts movie and they forgot to write the script or get props etc?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Could have had something worth watching if they just dumped the cast in the house a day before the shoot starts and told them to come up with their own plot.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Billy Gnosis posted:

Oh wow I didn't realize she was a martial artist as well. We're they casting for a martial arts movie and they forgot to write the script or get props etc?

"I order the martial arts weapon Satan claws, not... Santa Claus! Now how'm I going to make my movie...? Wait! I've got it!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1354844940505919491

ROTOR is quite good, and by that I mean quite bad, if one has never seen it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's intensely wack, watch it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The main character of this movie is DR. BARRETT COLDYRON.

It is some fantastic 'dumb person trying to be smart' cinema.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Really if you haven't seen ROTOR treat yourself to a good time tonight.

Personally, I'm more of a Future Force / Future Zone guy, those movies have a stranglehold on me.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Another Bill posted:

Really if you haven't seen ROTOR treat yourself to a good time tonight.

Personally, I'm more of a Future Force / Future Zone guy, those movies have a stranglehold on me.

come back to papa carradine

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I once watched Future Zone and Kill Bill Vol. 2 on consecutive nights. It is astonishing how different an actor’s presence on screen can be affected by the quality of the material he’s given and his affinity for it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/torgospizza/status/1354936036212711428

Fun while it lasted, I guess.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1354844940505919491

ROTOR is quite good, and by that I mean quite bad, if one has never seen it.

They had to postpone it.

https://twitter.com/torgospizza/status/1354936036212711428

EFB

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Fun while it lasted, I guess.

It's not that bad. They posted on Patreon about Scener being "in the process of a major update in their backend that will make things even smoother, but right now their site is having technical difficulties."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
RiffTrax just never has luck doing these things.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

RiffTrax just never has luck doing these things.

Why do they keep loving around with that when they've got a Twitch channel? They own the streaming rights for their movies; they literally stream them on Twitch already. Do they not have a teenage child they can ask to set up OBS for them?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bedurndurn posted:

Why do they keep loving around with that when they've got a Twitch channel? They own the streaming rights for their movies; they literally stream them on Twitch already. Do they not have a teenage child they can ask to set up OBS for them?

It's true, the Twitch tag does say 'watch party with the MST3K gang' but I'm not sure they've ever even come to the Twitch chat more than once or twice.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Bedurndurn posted:

It's hard to do live commentary from multiple sources synced with a movie. Even a half-second delay somewhere can completely kill comic timing.

Syncing up multiple chats with a movie is Scener's whole thing, although it obviously has major reliability problems.

The correct answer is to just pre-record it and sync each of their local streams for the playback, but then it's not really "live".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Trace and Frank do their livestreams over Zoom so it works but it can still end up with awkward moments like stepping on each others lines or just random technical issues.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

WhiteHowler posted:

It's hard to do live commentary from multiple sources synced with a movie. Even a half-second delay somewhere can completely kill comic timing.

Syncing up multiple chats with a movie is Scener's whole thing, although it obviously has major reliability problems.

The correct answer is to just pre-record it and sync each of their local streams for the playback, but then it's not really "live".

If you know, what exactly does Scener do?

Live commentary from multiple sources seems hard from a physics standpoint. If the delay exists at all to start with between Mike/Bill/Kevin's method of communication, the best scener could do would be to delay the broadcast feed by X seconds, and integrate the Mike / Kevin / Bill feeds offset by however many seconds they were behind. It would give the illusion of no lag. That's still your 'just pre-record it' solution, just executed more quickly. They would still step over each other's words a lot because in the moment they were talking, they had not received the other guys' words to react to yet.

It's the same reason there's AFAIK no good way at all to play live music with people over the internet. You can't play in response to anyone due to lag. The best you could do is each play to a click track, have some server sync up your recordings and show you the result, but again that's the same as the 'just pre-record it' solution.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 29, 2021

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
probably a longshot, but does anyone know if the soundtrack for missile x: the neutron bomb incident is available anywhere? it’s got a sick groove

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It doesn't look like it, but the composer has a lot of albums to his name.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/10860-Alberto-Baldan-Bembo

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

nishi koichi posted:

probably a longshot, but does anyone know if the soundtrack for missile x: the neutron bomb incident is available anywhere? it’s got a sick groove

Yeah I've had what I like to call the "danger theme" stuck in my head for a long time now. It think my favorite part is when the female Russian agent tries to bully Peter Graves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Some of the tunes on these albums sound similar enough. Which makes sense, because it's the same composer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCfV4JkvjG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvGg3f3sKDw

Wait a sec...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKwOubXexgE

Maybe the soundtrack does exist?