Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

En Family Mook posted:

I like it quite a bit; if you can get over the initial hump of the lead dude being an edgy/chuuni, misanthropic dipshit there's a lot of good character growth that takes some of his more gooberish tendencies to apart. Lead lady is goofy fun and also pretty aggressive/forward once she has a handle on her feelings and the general arc of the relationship is pretty fun, as the dude gets increasingly more moe with his big girlfriend.

also pretty horny at times, so whatever your personal tolerance for that may apply (although lately the author has clearly started to thirst and she's drawn the dudes butt and/or hips at every opportunity).

also also :

I can live with horny, and live without it - but I can't stand chuuni. How long is that part, if you remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I can live with horny, and live without it - but I can't stand chuuni. How long is that part, if you remember?

Well arguably the chuuni never quite leaves, but even in the first chapter you see his ~MuRdErOuS~ persona immediately crumble under the weight of human interaction and after a very quick check, i dunno by ch 8? seems like the alot of the chuuni facade drops? Most of the time after that he's interacting with Anna who doesn't really let him try to be cool. Actually I'd argue a big part of their relationship arc is based on them realizing they don't have to try and be cool around each other.

alternate answer: the chuuni stays with him for the rest of his life as a brutally cringe-inducing memory.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

One's dark history can never truly be escaped.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

En Family Mook posted:

alternate answer: the chuuni stays with him for the rest of his life as a brutally cringe-inducing memory.
Isn't that the purpose of chuuni

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

chumbler posted:

Amusingly, Dark History is the name of a villainess manga where the MC reincarnates into her utterly cringy and edgy novel that she wrote as a teenager and she desperately tries to remember the plot that she spent her adult life trying to scrub from memory.

It isn't as good as it could have been.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

chumbler posted:

Every time my wife calls me a weeb i remember when i was a bigger weeb and i die from cringe.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ai mai sansen~

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

You know how communication is important when you love someone? Well, it can be very powerful.

Chocolate is also very powerful.

In addition to the above, there are also three more manga in the Yuliquer: Alcohol x Yuri Anthology.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oh poo poo, I missed three more chapters of the tall witches and sometimes small witch and their apprentice.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 22, 2021

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Will These Words Reach You: Hong Kong Edition

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Not gonna lie, I have a soft-spot for these recaps that cut out basically everything. Makes me laugh every time.

Also, how is this series of oneshots just so adorable?! :kimchi:

EDIT: How about some :nws: black hair x blonde hair x red hair polyamory?

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 24, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my first love was a beautiful "girl" ended, a bit abrupt but I didn't hate the ending. People predictably complaining about it but I'm okay with the uncertainty. Wish there'd been more, but they had tied up most other parts of the characters already so I guess they felt it was time to put a bow on it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
yeah :( I wanted a full confession...

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New brother's wife

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1180951/1

strange old lady is good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Not gonna lie, I have a soft-spot for these recaps that cut out basically everything. Makes me laugh every time.

Also, how is this series of oneshots just so adorable?! :kimchi:

EDIT: How about some :nws: black hair x blonde hair x red hair polyamory?

Oh nice, it's the Maka Maka person.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1354225572956823552

Taken way before its time, goddamn

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Why do they keep cancelling the manga I like, this is upsetting.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:same:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1184622

also:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1184650/1

hiura is really cute.

big :rip:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's two new chapters for Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie instead of one. Izumi's planning gets put through some rigorous testing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Tadokoro-san's author has a new manga! A Cute Guy

A delinquent/gyaru saves the cute boy she likes from bullies, and their relationship progresses from there. Contains the Double Fang, spoken of only in rumors.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Very good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I see, this is good.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
chapter 4 kicks it into high gear, holy poo poo!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Well that's just downright delightful.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently maybe-romance maybe-not manga I shaved, then brought home a high school girl is getting an anime this year.

The manga has been pretty good so far.

Schubalts posted:

Tadokoro-san's author has a new manga! A Cute Guy

A delinquent/gyaru saves the cute boy she likes from bullies, and their relationship progresses from there. Contains the Double Fang, spoken of only in rumors.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

double fang is just a vampire

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Rody One Half posted:

double fang is just a vampire

that's tatsubon's other manga

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

anyway I support husband's efforts to become that one gym leader from SW/SH

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I just love that Marin has no chill when it comes to cosplay and everyone just accepts it. chapter link

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Why did Mangadex randomly rename Cuprum's Bride to this, a title that is not a better translation of the Japanese title.

They seem to be doing this with a bunch of stuff recently. :confused:

Anyway, new chapter of Cuprum's Bride.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Brought To You By posted:

I just love that Marin has no chill when it comes to cosplay and everyone just accepts it. chapter link

WHY IS EVERYBODY SCREAMING!? LOUD NOISES!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Why did Mangadex randomly rename Cuprum's Bride to this, a title that is not a better translation of the Japanese title.

It seems to have been changed back.

Anyway, new Kase-San.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1189324/1

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

so what's up with this high school and its traditional crossdressing seduction event

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

:negative:

I was hoping this would get at least as good a run as White Lily, for gently caress's sake

(although it's not clear from the tweet, come to think of it -- was it cancelled, or did Canno just want to make something shorter?)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

what a couple of dorks

ToxicFrog posted:

:negative:

I was hoping this would get at least as good a run as White Lily, for gently caress's sake

(although it's not clear from the tweet, come to think of it -- was it cancelled, or did Canno just want to make something shorter?)

I'm not sure myself, would like to find out

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

so what's up with this high school and its traditional crossdressing seduction event
Probably because Japan has a long history of crossdressing historical/mythical figures and even festivals devoted to it. But really I think the author just loves crossdressing because this will be the 3rd character cosplaying as a member of the opposite sex.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pretty cute but Kase really needs to get over her jealousy issues before it becomes a problem.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I today's School Zone, Matsuri decides on a post-high school goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I believe in Matsuri