Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

anyway spoeank now its time to listen to me, your ol pal, and watch Mushishi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Alaois posted:

anyway spoeank now its time to listen to me, your ol pal, and watch Mushishi

My second animu is gonna be cowboy bebop 😎

Though I can make it third. A short and dense series is my jam

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is your time to listen to Kalli and grab the Evangelion VOX cd which is a bunch of R&B/hip hop inspired Eva music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4-4xfxKg0

General Dog posted:

I think Shinji reacts violently when he sees Asuka because he and everyone else have just been juice for who knows how long, and finding himself and another person in separate bodies feels violent and threatening. In that sense it’s a pretty good late-pandemic watch.

(The boundaries of self are defined by “Absolute Terror Fields” not “‘Nice to See You’ Fields”)

Yeah, Shinji gets chosen to decide the fate of humanity and he decides that individuality is worth having, so he and Asuka get resurrected on a beach. He is still Shinji though, so that inherent weakness and fear causes him to try to strangle her, and she gets it, because she's had the worst time of things

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I feel kinda bad for Armie Hammer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

I feel kinda bad for Armie Hammer.

What happened? Even my love of all things cannibalism couldn't get me to look into celebrity gossip.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

What happened? Even my love of all things cannibalism couldn't get me to look into celebrity gossip.

I normally couldnt give a poo poo but a podcast I was listening to was talking about it so I did a googles. Some chick he was DMing on instagram deleted her side of the conversation and just leaked all his poo poo about a cannibal fantasy he had. Lots of dark stuff about eating bits of her and using blood as lube etc and he had to pull out of a movie because of it and is getting mocked for it. It's really obvious from his side of the conversation that she was definitely asking him stuff and coaxing extra out of him and he was getting into it so obviously she was playing along and then she puts it out there.

I'm lucky that all the poo poo I'm into is pretty vanilla but it would kinda suck to be put on blast if you did have some kinda "weird" (or what could be considered) predilection

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I watched the first episode of 30 coins and I'm in for this show

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

I normally couldnt give a poo poo but a podcast I was listening to was talking about it so I did a googles. Some chick he was DMing on instagram deleted her side of the conversation and just leaked all his poo poo about a cannibal fantasy he had. Lots of dark stuff about eating bits of her and using blood as lube etc and he had to pull out of a movie because of it and is getting mocked for it. It's really obvious from his side of the conversation that she was definitely asking him stuff and coaxing extra out of him and he was getting into it so obviously she was playing along and then she puts it out there.

I'm lucky that all the poo poo I'm into is pretty vanilla but it would kinda suck to be put on blast if you did have some kinda "weird" (or what could be considered) predilection

Sad for him, he could just embrace it and some fangirl would definitely feed him one of her fingers.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Spoeank posted:

I just finished end of eva and I have one question

What the gently caress

This is the best rundown that I've found that goes through what happens, and why it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMAwErYRpQ

Plus, Folding Ideas as a whole is good as hell. Especially their run down of Suicide Squad, Flat Earth, and Fight Club

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, that's not what happened at all. Multiple women posted their DMs and it exposed a pattern of of emotional and physical abuse that it incredibly disturbing.I'm posting this right now because I'm gonna find the receipts that make you look like a loving rear end in a top hat.

Edit: gently caress it's all gone so maybe it was a fake thing, but I swear to god there were multiple women posting about being horrifically abused.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 30, 2021

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

See you, Space Cowboy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

FLCL

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

a neat cape posted:

See you, Space Cowboy

Trigun

Also once your done with all that if your still looking for more Outlaw Star aint too bad.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

they're sickeningly, absurdly rich, yeah.

But that article and those like it are stupid, because all four of those guys have most of their net worth tied up in their company stocks (which as the stocks go way up this year their net worth went way up). None of them could sell their entire stakes, just selling a decent fraction of what they're holding would cause the stock to tank as they flooded the market with shares, and that would dunk their net worth.

They would also pay capital gains taxes as they sold stocks. I mean, only 15% lol, but that's still more than zero.

The article also marked % increases from a carefully chosen specific date that just happened to be the bottom of the market, to make the gains be as large as possible.

In other words: it's on-paper money, not real money. So no they could not send all that value out as checks.

BUT

They sure as gently caress could send a good amount of it! Like easily between them, many billions of dollars. They should be made to, via taxation.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 30, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, but maybe we just have a wealth tax and see what happens.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spoeank posted:

there's technically two Mushishi series, the first one is 26 episodes and came out in 2005-2006, the second one is 20 episodes and came out in 2014, but it's a very episodic series with no real connection between episodes except the main character

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

Because if you want to upgrade your armor you need it

Like there's one type of dragonfly in particular that's a pain in the rear end to find even with the sensor

No but what do you mean take a picture?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Jeopardy! just isn't the same without Alex Trebek. I like Ken Jennings but his voice is too high for my tastes.

Man i hate how much i agree with this. I try and try but it’s not the same

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

No but what do you mean take a picture?

One of the Sheikah runes is a camera

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Some baseball news today

https://twitter.com/ConfirmedShoot/status/1355350015871430657?s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How has the last Rebuild movie not come out yet? It's been decades man.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

One of the Sheikah runes is a camera

Oh must not have got that one yet

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

General Dog posted:

Ugh, you're being a real INTJ right now

I once dated a woman who used this exact line on me. We were lying in bed after she had explained why she liked Myers-Briggs so much, and I was trying to explain to her how personality tests were flawed (I was a psych major, so I was familiar with a lot of them at the time). After I finished, she just looked at me and said the line, and then smiled like it was totally expected of me. I let it drop after that.

We didn't last long.

Spoeank posted:

Stevie P obliterating Alex Jones' entire universe after he took Pieczenik's side in the Pieczenik/David Knight was one of the funniest comeuppances I have ever seen. But the boog telling him that he's old, useless, and all bluster and talk was a close second.

And then the boog calling him out for firing Knight was just icing on the cake :discourse:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

How has the last Rebuild movie not come out yet? It's been decades man.

He stopped to work on a Godzilla movie. So the latest one was put on hold.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

See you, Space Cowboy

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Trigun

Also once your done with all that if your still looking for more Outlaw Star aint too bad.

Samurai Champloo, homies

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

“Earned”

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Now it's all shiny

hell yeah buddy. what powertrain?

Bird in a Blender posted:

He stopped to work on a Godzilla movie. So the latest one was put on hold.

and then 'rona happened so what was supposed to be (I think?) a June 2020 release is now TBD. though ads have started popping up on Japanese TV and one of the broadcast channels just showed...not sure if it's the rebuild series of movies or another re-cut, but they were highlighting those as the Friday night movie the last few weeks.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Alaois posted:

there's technically two Mushishi series, the first one is 26 episodes and came out in 2005-2006, the second one is 20 episodes and came out in 2014, but it's a very episodic series with no real connection between episodes except the main character

Well which one do you want us to watch?? do you need to see one to understand the other

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What’s everyone doing today

my brother is coming over to help me replace the fuel pump on my lovely old Ranger

we already did the ignition coil, starter and battery last weekend. hopefully this is the last problem.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but maybe we just have a wealth tax and see what happens.

:hmmyes:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

my brother is coming over to help me replace the fuel pump on my lovely old Ranger

we already did the ignition coil, starter and battery last weekend. hopefully this is the last problem.

Helping the girlfriend with this vanity desk she bought second hand. There’s a piece on it she doesn’t like so I get to buy a power tool to cut it off.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ehud posted:

Doing a long run with the dog then swinging by my favorite brewery for a pint and to pick up a to-go order. And at some point during the day, trimming up a brisket I'm going to smoke tomorrow.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Ehud posted:

Waiting for a foot of snow to fall then destroying myself by shoveling it because I'm too stubborn to buy a snowblower.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

Working. :geno:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ehud posted:

House pre-inspection and prepping for snow tomorrow

My toddler gets her first real snowfall

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ehud posted:

need to finish dishes then going to bed (because it's 12:30 am over here)

Sunday is likely to be lazy, mercifully. probably try to go for a run too.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ehud posted:

What’s everyone doing today.

Kid is having a birthday drive by outside and cleaning.

We gon be cold AF

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ehud posted:

Probably looking at more house listings, some grocery shopping too.

A friend of a friend is moving here cross-country and is in town to look at places to rent, I offered to be on standby in case they need to call or text with any questions.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ehud posted:

Writing guides on how to do my job because my counterpart doesn't know the nitty gritty details and the associates are going to have to take over a lot of regulatory work

Three weeks until I start the new job. Very short break in-between jobs and I might try to get another couple days off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

Getting home after the sun comes up tomorrow unless the ice is bad in which case I don't go home.

This is why I will wait a day if it ices up

It's snowing in Dixie and the fires are alight

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 30, 2021