Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you're using strayer the atk from crescent could be better than the crit dmg from blackcliff so I wouldn't let substat decide in this case. If you have no interest in hitting weak points I'd agree blackcliff seems better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m at the point I think getting 3 stars on 11-2 might be easier than getting any on 11-3.

Maaaaaan electro floors are hard without ability heavy characters and lol electro floors with fatui and also pyro infusion? Is that’s what happening? Or do agents just infuse themselves always and I’ve never noticed because they usually aren’t two at a time after you’ve just lost your mind fighting cicin. Also childe can’t stop cicins from powering up at all he is pathetic and his archer form takes forever to break their shields if you wanna try that so don’t try that. Want a refund on everything I’ve spent on childe and dump that into Mona.

Okay so I want to try diluc back half. He can do damage without stamina which is my problem cuz I spend it all dodging pools. Diluc xq fish? And a heal. Idk there are no good heals when you lost burst constantly. Diluc xq jean and Noelle? Lol xq Jean and Noelle and still worried about the insane dmg.

Front Klee fish diona traveler I guess. I wish my diona was stronger. But if Klee is there I maybe don’t have to worry about healing. Hell maybe I don’t even need traveler for 11-2.

This sounds doable maybe. I really wish it saved team comps you used. First half of month abyss was dang rear end easy and I can’t remember how.

The worst part is all the times I tried to Noelle carry. Forever losing 10 energy and just barely not ulting and grinding on fatui for three minutes.

I actually really enjoy this and it’s fun trying to find something that works.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

I’m at the point I think getting 3 stars on 11-2 might be easier than getting any on 11-3.

Maaaaaan electro floors are hard without ability heavy characters and lol electro floors with fatui and also pyro infusion? Is that’s what happening? Or do agents just infuse themselves always and I’ve never noticed because they usually aren’t two at a time after you’ve just lost your mind fighting cicin. Also childe can’t stop cicins from powering up at all he is pathetic and his archer form takes forever to break their shields if you wanna try that so don’t try that. Want a refund on everything I’ve spent on childe and dump that into Mona.

Okay so I want to try diluc back half. He can do damage without stamina which is my problem cuz I spend it all dodging pools. Diluc xq fish? And a heal. Idk there are no good heals when you lost burst constantly. Diluc xq jean and Noelle? Lol xq Jean and Noelle and still worried about the insane dmg.

Front Klee fish diona traveler I guess. I wish my diona was stronger. But if Klee is there I maybe don’t have to worry about healing. Hell maybe I don’t even need traveler for 11-2.

This sounds doable maybe. I really wish it saved team comps you used. First half of month abyss was dang rear end easy and I can’t remember how.

The worst part is all the times I tried to Noelle carry. Forever losing 10 energy and just barely not ulting and grinding on fatui for three minutes.

I actually really enjoy this and it’s fun trying to find something that works.
Go here and log in: https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/, then go to Account Info.

You can see your best progress during the previous spiral abyss phase and what comps you used for each floor.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
11-3 doesn't have a Pyro shield to clear. Are you mistaking the Geo Fatui for a Pyro?

The 3-star teams that work for me are
  • Top: Xiangling/Jean/Kaeya/Fischl
  • Bottom: Chongyun/Sucrose/Xingqiu/Diona

First part is the bigger pain in the rear end, since you have to herd the Fatui together for Xiangling to cleave. And also clearing the Geo shield with Xiangling/Fischl is miserable if your cooldown or burst management isn't spot on.

Second part is mostly a breeze if you're a smart cookie that invests in Chongyun carry. My overworld team trivializes Pyro Agents and significantly cuts down on Cicin Mage bullshit.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Can you 3* the first floor, then leave and change your teams and keep the 3* first floor, or will it update the star count with the most recent run? I don't really have a second dps carry and so far Fischl is the closest to it, but bow users suck again cicin mages and fatui agents. However, she is bad at 11-1 first half due to the electro slimes. I can easily get 3* on the first floor, but then for the later two floors I am trying to kill Cicin mages and Pyro agents with Fischl and other AOE guys and it is not that great.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 29, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Once you get stars, you get them permanently. So you can build teams specifically for doing one chamber.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

gandlethorpe posted:

Once you get stars, you get them permanently. So you can build teams specifically for doing one chamber.

Ok, I did not know that, seems like that could make it a bit easier.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

11-3 doesn't have a Pyro shield to clear. Are you mistaking the Geo Fatui for a Pyro?

The agents get infused with pyro. I assume its from running around, being agents, doing pyroy things. It makes them do... a large number of damage.

No Wave posted:

Go here and log in: https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/, then go to Account Info.

You can see your best progress during the previous spiral abyss phase and what comps you used for each floor.

wow thanks this is exactly what I wanted.

lol looks like I didn't bother with Traveler shenanigans at all and had Albedo fueling Noelle.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
11-3 and 12-3 are my roadblocks for full stars. Currently getting 2/3 stars on those. The 7 minute timer is a bitch. 11-2 wasn't so bad once you figure out the first half (or have ganyu lol).

2nd half of 11-3 is hell for my klee team. Shes always targeting the goddamn birds. And dealing with the fire agents before they disappear. Have to focus on sucros keeping her burst up to stand a chance. But that lightning debuff is so goddamn annoying. Missed 3 star by 10 seconds on my best run.

First half of 11-3 is easy for my ganyu/mona freeze team (obviously with the cryo buff). Wondering if I should switch teams for each half but man ganyu wrecks the fatui so hard.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

kater posted:

The agents get infused with pyro. I assume its from running around, being agents, doing pyroy things. It makes them do... a large number of damage.

I don't think they get shielded. There would be a visible obelisk in the room that pulses it if that were the case. They do have natural Pyro resistance though. They also don't have the auras that summon those fireballs. The room does apply Electro periodically, so maybe you're just getting rekt by overload. Also, Pyro Agents just hit hard in general. They're pretty scary in domains if you don't CC them.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

gandlethorpe posted:

How have you guys not foddered trash artifacts you got from random NPCs/quests? I don't even remember whether I got an artifact from a domain or some other source; it's all the same to me.
One of the NPCs near Stone Gate gives you a 2* Berserker feather and I've kept that forever because it is, to the best of my knowledge, the only time you can ever get that set at that low a rarity. I knew something was off about it as soon as I got it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

No Wave posted:

If you're using strayer the atk from crescent could be better than the crit dmg from blackcliff so I wouldn't let substat decide in this case. If you have no interest in hitting weak points I'd agree blackcliff seems better.

Weren't people saying when Ganyu first came out that the bloom of her charged shots does headshots since it falls down from above? If that's true you'd be hitting weakpoints even without aiming.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Clarste posted:

Weren't people saying when Ganyu first came out that the bloom of her charged shots does headshots since it falls down from above? If that's true you'd be hitting weakpoints even without aiming.

They sometimes do, but it's not really reliable. Large groups will get you headshots eventually but it may take 2 or 3 charged shots to get the buff. Vs single targets the headshots you will be getting are the ones you aim.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm now up to 7 5* hydro% cups in Noblesse set, 3x more than any other ele% i've gotten there

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
genshin: here's an R5 4* weapon
me: yes please
genshin: it's eye of perception
me: son of a bitch

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Could have been the Bell. :shepicide:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, there are wayyyyy worse weapons to get that many dupes.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Can you pull 5* weapons from the regular banner or only the weapon banner?

Also just hit AR45 today. Is my life now run artifact domains until I get bored of the game?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

Also just hit AR45 today. Is my life now run artifact domains until I get bored of the game?

Yes from the standard banner, I don't know about character banner. My only standard banner 5* so far was Skyward Pride.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Character banner has no 5* weapons

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

I usually do some sort of rotation of leveling up talents of my top 8 (two teams), leveling their weapons to 90, and maxing artifacts. I also started getting everyone to 80/90, but I don't really think that's necessary.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Character banner has 4* weapons but no 5* weapons. Weapon banner has 4* characters but no 5* characters. Standard banner has everything.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xYKxJSYpC0

this dude makes a case for qiqi and c6 bennett and while it's a meme i'm not mad at it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I might as well collect all of the statue spirits since there's not much else to do once you've burned all of your resin and dailies for the day and I'm still missing 4 of them.

How exactly does one get to 65? I'm an idiot and didn't know how to get to the Abyss when it first unlocked and brute forced my way to the island by having lots of stamina food. I don't have Mona so I have no idea if I'm missing something.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Just use the compass you get from reputation points

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I might as well collect all of the statue spirits since there's not much else to do once you've burned all of your resin and dailies for the day and I'm still missing 4 of them.

How exactly does one get to 65? I'm an idiot and didn't know how to get to the Abyss when it first unlocked and brute forced my way to the island by having lots of stamina food. I don't have Mona so I have no idea if I'm missing something.

If you've got pretty much all the statue stamina unlocks, glide from near 14 with Amber/Venti and have some stamina food ready. Alternately, creep across the water with Kaeya's freeze skill/Ganyu charged shots.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've started to get a feel for how disproportionately difficult getting good goblets/circlets is. Finding a feather or flower (or to a somewhat lesser extent sands) with great sub-stats takes some time but isn't super hard, but goblets/circlets are many times worse.

I decided to just start leveling up this 5* Noblesse circlet with Crit Rate on it (for Mona) instead of holding out for one with better sub-stats; I figure I can always feed it to a better one if I ever find one. It could also be somewhat worse - 3 substats are garbage (raw ATK/DEF/HP), but one is Energy Regen (which received one buff so far with the artifact at 12 - hopefully I get at least one more buff to it).

zgrowler2 posted:

genshin: here's an R5 4* weapon
me: yes please
genshin: it's eye of perception
me: son of a bitch

That seems like one of the better weapons to refine, since it decreases the cool-down for it activating.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

whoo finished floor 11 with 6 stars. just copied what i did at start of month and it worked. forgot how absolutely absurd albedo is at giving geo energy and then I just cheesed the hell out of 3B with Jean nonsense.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

and then floor 12 is just free.

lol. its cool when the game lets you play it instead of electro debuff hell.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Just use the compass you get from reputation points

I definitely do not remember these things being this useful before. I tried using a geo one and I was in the right area to find one and I did but I remember one breaking and not giving me an area to search in. I would've cleared the map off ages ago if I knew they did that!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
yay, I hit adventure rank 45! I read some things saying to maybe not do the ascension quest, is that true? Should I stay at world level 5?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I've always thought it weird that people say not to go up in world level. Sure, the increase in drop rates are minimal but its not like stuff takes that much longer to die

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Sexual Aluminum posted:

yay, I hit adventure rank 45! I read some things saying to maybe not do the ascension quest, is that true? Should I stay at world level 5?

I kept hearing about this here and other forums and getting terrified to up my world level for no good reason.

If you haven't gimped your characters by giving them +0 artifacts or something and have even a very limited understanding of how to dodge you'll be fine.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
If you're not having much trouble with the overworld enemies or world bosses, then feel free to do the ascension quest. If you are, you can still do it and then go to the artifact domains to gear up (use the lower level challenges if you absolutely have to, but remember you can use food/potions to make things a lot easier for yourself). The tougher world bosses, like wolf and oceanid, are where you might stumble a bit on going up in world level. The patterns for the cubes and vines are the same as always and much easier to avoid all damage in.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

theres 0 reason to not rank up unless for some reason your only gameplay for the past 3 months has been daily quests to increase your AR and 0 other progression.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Araganzar posted:

I kept hearing about this here and other forums and getting terrified to up my world level for no good reason.

The whole "world level X is a trap!!" thing youtubers were doing for a month was massively overblown

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

The whole "world level X is a trap!!" thing youtubers were doing for a month was massively overblown

Yeah. I let myself get psyched out about the AR50 spike and there's... not really one.

The biggest difficulty imo is a lot of the domains at AR45 are quite a bit tougher, but if you know what you're doing they're not that bad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, domains are the difficult world content and by their nature they are tied to AR not WL, so whether you advance or not means nothing there

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's something that you can't get people to stop reporting, since I spent a lot of the last thread making those same claims as well, having no idea what I was doing playing the game on my own.

It's something you shouldn't worry about too much, but you should say your farewells to the world boss' current diffiiulty, because they're going to start doing 7000 damage a hit unless you're rolling with Noelle all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

The only difference between WL6 and WL7 is I can't one-cycle the pyrovines sometimes now. But only sometimes.

Other than that things are a tad beefier and do more damage, but like you're only gonna notice on Oceanid and maybe wolf, as others have said.

If you keep your main damage dealer at 80/80 and their weapon at 80/80 and are running even okay purple artifacts at +16 you'll be 100% fine.