Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

lol yeah the cable company's app definitely isn't designed for upwards of one twentieth of their claimed user base to be streaming something at once, they really shouldn't have taken on the responsibility here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flatluigi posted:

god, they really do think the wwe is one of the biggest companies in the world

pretty sure moving from in-house to fuckin nbc isn't going to be a step down in terms of infrastructure
They were never in-house, anyway. They're using MLB's streaming stuff.

Karma Tornado posted:

lol yeah the cable company's app definitely isn't designed for upwards of one twentieth of their claimed user base to be streaming something at once, they really shouldn't have taken on the responsibility here
I suppose it's somewhat rational given that the WWE Network did have issues when it was new.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

They were never in-house, anyway. They're using MLB's streaming stuff.

I suppose it's somewhat rational given that the WWE Network did have issues when it was new.

I believe that WWE actually moved away from BAM Tech (MLB sold that division off) a couple of years ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TL posted:

I believe that WWE actually moved away from BAM Tech (MLB sold that division off) a couple of years ago.

Ah, I guess that's not surprising

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Dawgstar posted:

No less than D-Von and JR have added their voices to the 'wrestlers today aren't tough enough' chorus. Now I imagine JR going backstage at AEW and grimly musing on how nobody is coked up and fighting in bars. He kisses the small picture of Dr. Death he keeps around his neck and sheds a single tear.

you should see what he does to his Bill Watts Realdoll

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mob posted:

you should see what he does to his Bill Watts Realdoll

How do you know what he does with it? Where was he able to commission such a thing? Is it to scale? Were you involved in the process of it’s creation thus you have knowledge of this occurring?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dawgstar posted:

No less than D-Von and JR have added their voices to the 'wrestlers today aren't tough enough' chorus. Now I imagine JR going backstage at AEW and grimly musing on how nobody is coked up and fighting in bars. He kisses the small picture of Dr. Death he keeps around his neck and sheds a single tear.

Crossing posting from another thread:

MassRafTer posted:

Only got halfway through the Hobbs Talk is Jericho interview but there's lots of good tidbits about the AEW backstage atmosphere, how nice everyone was when he did the job for Orange in 30 seconds, how everyone from Jericho to FTR to Tully and JR are willing to sit down and go over his matches and give him tips, going from unsigned to Tier 0 to Tier 1, just more details there weren't time for on Unrestricted.

I can only assume that it was JR who told Hobbs that he should start doing the Oklahoma Stampede (Dr Death's old finisher)

Also, thank god PN NEWS decided to chime in with his opinions of the business!

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1355546598483357697?s=20

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Taz also taking on PN News emerging from obscurity:

https://twitter.com/officialtaz/status/1355570703324606472?s=21

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I never understood that argument. It has nothing to do with ability anyway but most wrestlers today look like they live in the gym and most wrestlers from the 80s look like the stereotypical dad that falls asleep in front of the TV in their la z boy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I never understood that argument. It has nothing to do with ability anyway but most wrestlers today look like they live in the gym

Yeah but they're short

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

JR thinks John Wayne is a tough guy.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

Yeah but they're short

*average height

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

TL posted:

Yeah,when Disney ended up owning BAMTech, WWE used that as an opportunity to switch to Endeavor which I think is also who does UFC streaming? Or maybe they won UFC, there was something along those lines. The switch happened in early 2019.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I do agree with PN News that there need to be more big guys. Put Calvin Tankman on my TV. Mr Grimm. Big Beef. "Big" has different interpretations than just "tall and/or muscular".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/livorleave/status/1355586316910604290

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quick turnaround

https://twitter.com/livorleave/status/1355587282007298049?s=20

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

Shocking that a 70 year old thinks this!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I agree he is the man who shot Liberty Valance.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Liberty Valance.

Pfft, who'd he ever beat?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

Pfft, who'd he ever beat?

Ransom Stoddard!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

STAC Goat posted:

I can not wrap my mind around "kids today are too lazy to download an app."
He's not wrong, I am too lazy to download a ninth streaming service just to get the kinda stuff I used to 8 years ago over 2.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I never understood that argument. It has nothing to do with ability anyway but most wrestlers today look like they live in the gym and most wrestlers from the 80s look like the stereotypical dad that falls asleep in front of the TV in their la z boy.

That said I do miss stuff like Earthquake giving us the gun show when he'd do a power move.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I agree he is the man who shot Liberty Valance.

Not even ironic support for that rat bitch. Crap actor, crap person.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 31, 2021

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

from the IMDB trivia for The Greatest Story Ever Told comes the greatest John Wayne story ever told

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Not even ironic support for that rat bitch. Crap actor, crap person.

Me either there's no way I'd unironically support this guy I just unironically like a lot of his movies the same way people like Flair or AJ Styles matches. Tremendous in the right role.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance owns and John Ford spent the whole of production mocking John Wayne so it's the best of all worlds

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

John Wayne as Ghengis Khan is loving hilarious

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

John Wayne as Ghengis Khan is loving hilarious

It's my favorite way to get people to understand whitewashing. Like, there's no way to excuse it, especially nowadays. And then you hit them with the "btw so many people got cancer after working on that movie," and boom you aren't invited to parties anymore

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Qoey posted:

It's my favorite way to get people to understand whitewashing. Like, there's no way to excuse it, especially nowadays. And then you hit them with the "btw so many people got cancer after working on that movie," and boom you aren't invited to parties anymore

The cancer thing may be a myth. The same percentage of people who worked on the movie got cancer as get cancer in the entire population.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
any excuse to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV51kihAoCI

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/SwitchBlade4L/status/1356282998816169986

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
(The guy screenshotted is mad about Dave's joke about whether Peter Rosenberg bought his 24/7 reign.)

https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/1356350701715267585

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

See, if you ignore all the younger people in the company, the average age of people in the company is really high.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Their numbers don't line up anyway; if it's Jericho and MJF the age rounds to 36 not 37.

Super pedantic but seeing "74 and 78 are the same number" really bugged me.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Senerio posted:

Their numbers don't line up anyway; if it's Jericho and MJF the age rounds to 36 not 37.

Super pedantic but seeing "74 and 78 are the same number" really bugged me.
it's a cumulative mean, taking into account the matches he already mentioned

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Averages across 30 data points are directly comparable to averages across 4.

Someone run the average of the the battle royale from whats announced for Wednesday.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

(The guy screenshotted is mad about Dave's joke about whether Peter Rosenberg bought his 24/7 reign.)

https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/1356350701715267585
Except it wasn't entirely clear if he was joking and Dave's done poo poo like this to others.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

Except it wasn't entirely clear if he was joking and Dave's done poo poo like this to others.

It was very clear and it's something Rosenberg himself has joked about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

jesus WEP posted:

it's a cumulative mean, taking into account the matches he already mentioned

yes I did that math counting the other match.