Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Rectal Placenta posted:

Waiting for a foot of snow to fall then destroying myself by shoveling it because I'm too stubborn to buy a snowblower.

Buy a snowblower.

I got a used Craftsman like 7 years ago, and it was the best $300 I ever spent.

Elvira Tax

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Ehud posted:

What’s everyone doing today

Picking up a pizza and hopefully that's it. Probably should do laundry but I hate laundry so maybe not.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Braksgirl posted:

Picking up a pizza and hopefully that's it. Probably should do laundry but I hate laundry so maybe not.

She's a braksgirl
And she's gone too far
And you know she won't launder anyway

Let's add "listen to Hall and Oates" to my plans for the day

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I pout and say "honey...?" but it won't get me too far.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Paint Crop Pro posted:

This is the best rundown that I've found that goes through what happens, and why it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMAwErYRpQ

Plus, Folding Ideas as a whole is good as hell. Especially their run down of Suicide Squad, Flat Earth, and Fight Club

This and the follow up were great, thanks!

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Going to do some cleaning, have a buddy of mine moving in since he got screwed in a bad situation tomorrow so going to put some finishing touches on stuff.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Ehud posted:

Recovering from vaccine 2nd dose, then headed down to the beach later today to catch a sunset

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Ehud posted:

my brother is coming over to help me replace the fuel pump on my lovely old Ranger

we already did the ignition coil, starter and battery last weekend. hopefully this is the last problem.

Donating blood so I can be smug the rest of the day

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oh must not have got that one yet

It's a very open game to do what you want after the tutorial area, but it is worth following the gentle push they give you to go to Kakkariko Village, then to the lab you get pointed to from there.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ehud posted:

my brother is coming over to help me replace the fuel pump on my lovely old Ranger

we already did the ignition coil, starter and battery last weekend. hopefully this is the last problem.

My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary (which is actually tomorrow), so...I don't know. At some point making pizza dough and cinnamon rolls to put in the fridge and make tomorrow. We're going to get sushi for dinner, then I assume take an edible and watch a movie or something because it's quarantine and that's what we do on weekends.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

CannonFodder posted:

Getting home after the sun comes up tomorrow unless the ice is bad in which case I don't go home.

This is why I will wait a day if it ices up

It's snowing in Dixie and the fires are alight

One of my favorite memories of Raleigh. Just sitting at home with my roommates getting progressively drunker while everyone lost their minds.

Also when the nerds at the NYT Crossword are dunking on you, it may be time to pack it in:

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Blood donation update: material girl by Madonna is blasting

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/SahilRiz/status/1355460643755675653

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, I’d never heard of Myntra before, and I will always remember them for precisely one thing now

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I finished installing the new dishwasher and giving it a test run. It’s so quiet it’s actually a little unnerving. I keep thinking it’s busted. Also installed a couple of curtain rods in the bedroom.

I might work a little when my kid goes to sleep, but I’m trying to avoid that. Might do it tomorrow because it’s supposed to snow like 6”.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just replaced the bathroom faucet, now to return a bunch of things I didn't use or need from various projects to Home Depot.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ehud posted:

Just did a Couch to 5k run, now eating breakfast.

Shakshouka with canned smoked mussels & almond toast. I think I used too much juniper berries in my spice mix.

Now to do laundry & pick up some nightstands.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm gonna go for a hike, buy new bedroom furniture, and make veggie curry

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I seem to have some kind of water hammer with no relation to the heat kicking on/off or any specific faucet/appliance :negative:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Do you have an expansion tank?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My day is all messed up because my usual "night off" (basically a night I do no chores after 7:00 and eat junk food) is Sundays during the football season. No game on Sunday so I took it a couple of days early, but that means my brain is suspicious that today is Monday. Also, daughter has a ton of schoolwork leftover from this week so we're doing that and now it feels weirdly like a weekday.

I also slept in until 9:00 which I haven't done in ages. Wife and I might watch something tonight, or might not. We're probably going to see a movie with the kiddo and have some popcorn tomorrow.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do you have an expansion tank?

Yeah and afiact from tapping it, its still working

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife's friend who lost everything in the Santa Cruz fires then moved 3 hours away from her family (and near us) is having a breakdown so she's going over there and im probably gonna be a viking for 5 or 6 hours

I wanna lift again but it's a much needed rest day and the weight you don't lift is as important as the weight you do lift, apparently.

Speaking of which, is there a dumb reason I shouldn't chop and screw workouts? I can easily do a 5 day split now so I did PHUL power only Monday and Tuesday, then PPL the rest of the week. This week I'm thinking of trying a more intense 5 day split (its Chris Hemsworth's thor workout lol) before going back to the PHUL/PPL split. Just trying to not hit the doldrums. I assume "just lift baby" applies

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Master Stur posted:

Yeah and afiact from tapping it, its still working

Ok. My first reaction was that it was flooded, but maybe not.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Helping the girlfriend with this vanity desk she bought second hand. There’s a piece on it she doesn’t like so I get to buy a power tool to cut it off.

So I wound up getting a dremel to cut it off but it wasn’t really working so I just whacked it really hard and it broke off clean. She was very impressed :smug:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ehud posted:

Working

Digesting the shameful amount of Mexican food a girl who works with me brought in that her mom made

Going to watch big block modifieds later

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

I'm building a bathroom for a buddy's daughter. I'll have pics in a few weeks

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

im probably gonna be a viking for 5 or 6 hours

Out of curiosity what do you like to use for a weapon? I know they're all good for different things, but I fell into the habit of just breaking knees with a hammer all the time and I need to break out of that when I go back to that game.

Er, good luck to your wife's friend by the way. I barely lost poo poo last year if we're comparing it to everything when the basement flooded but goddamn did it do a real number on me combined with everything else going on.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It's a very open game to do what you want after the tutorial area, but it is worth following the gentle push they give you to go to Kakkariko Village, then to the lab you get pointed to from there.

That's the next place I was going to go so that works

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Updatee: I am now doing lighting/sound set-up for an investor pitch that my wife has to film tomorrow or next week (might be two separate pitches). The startup incubator that she was accepted into gave her a nice digital camera and some disc lights for free, I told her that if the business doesn't work out she can become a Twitch streamer :v:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I wound up getting a dremel to cut it off but it wasn’t really working so I just whacked it really hard and it broke off clean. She was very impressed :smug:

Now you can trade the fish pic for a gi and a stack of wood planks should the need ever arise

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

C-Euro posted:

Updatee: I am now doing lighting/sound set-up for an investor pitch that my wife has to film tomorrow or next week (might be two separate pitches). The startup incubator that she was accepted into gave her a nice digital camera and some disc lights for free, I told her that if the business doesn't work out she can become a Twitch streamer :v:

What's her Only Fans page?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

What's her Only Fans page?

Wrong industry, there's either no VC money in sex work or too much VC money in sex work.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
what if goatse was a sandwich

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Out of curiosity what do you like to use for a weapon? I know they're all good for different things, but I fell into the habit of just breaking knees with a hammer all the time and I need to break out of that when I go back to that game.

I run axe and shield like Odin intended :norway:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Spoeank posted:

I run axe and shield like Odin intended :norway:

dual spears is where it's at

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Made a big cheese grits and eggs breakfast, took the kiddo to the park.

Languishing in the existential dread of a lack of normalcy.

The usual.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

what if goatse was a sandwich

0/10 no ring

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Rectal Placenta posted:

Waiting for a foot of snow to fall then destroying myself by shoveling it because I'm too stubborn to buy a snowblower.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Buy a snowblower.

I got a used Craftsman like 7 years ago, and it was the best $300 I ever spent.

Elvira Tax

Snowblowers are for quitters. I love shovelling and will often shovel my neighbor's driveway just for the fun of it, then mine, then go clear my mom's. May even gently caress around and help shovel some people out along the way.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I took my puppy on a run and she doesn’t understand frozen ponds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Samadhi posted:

Snowblowers are for quitters. I love shovelling and will often shovel my neighbor's driveway just for the fun of it, then mine, then go clear my mom's. May even gently caress around and help shovel some people out along the way.

My brother and I always had to shovel our long rear end driveway growing up (since my dad was a cheap rear end), and we haaaated it. That was one thing I told myself I'd spend the money to avoid when I became an adult.

With snowblowing, you still get to go outside and enjoy the elements without feeling like you're going to die if the snow is wet or slushy.