Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Y'all are all so dang weird and I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

JollyBoyJohn posted:

unpopular opinon; i really enjoy shibwankos posts both in here and the unpopular videogames opinion thread, i don't agree with them 100% of the time and they have this fine line of craziness where he might be 100% serious and he might just be getting a rise out of people but regardless he's never an outright dick about it and posts consistently enough that it keeps the thread moving

He's superceded yeah i eat rear end, jastiger, Tiggum, etc. as the star of this thread.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Pointlessly loud, fast cars should be melted down and made into something more useful.

Yes I do live next to a very echo-y main road, why do you ask

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

theres no such thing as "north european smugness" it's just the way most cultures behave but you see more of us on forums because we have more fluent english speakers

it's US culture that's the odd one out with its (usually, to strangers) fake friendliness and strict rules of conversation. the only thing that's different between north europe and the southern countries is that our humor is different and usually a bit darker or ironic than in france or something where its all louis de funes and adriano celentano up the rear end

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Shibawanko posted:

as opposed to, say, spain

Spain has mandated naps and amazing food and wine everywhere

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Shibawanko posted:

theres no such thing as "north european smugness" it's just the way most cultures behave but you see more of us on forums because we have more fluent english speakers

it's US culture that's the odd one out with its (usually, to strangers) fake friendliness and strict rules of conversation. the only thing that's different between north europe and the southern countries is that our humor is different and usually a bit darker or ironic than in france or something where its all louis de funes and adriano celentano up the rear end

this is wrong

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the famously not-smug nation of france

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's not smug when it's deserved

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

culturally im a fan of turks. a turk always has your back and will laugh at every joke you make no matter how stupid, usually loudly

i also like the portuguese and the poles. i am not a huge fan of italians who will walk through the airplane aisle while talking loudly and lean on the back of my seat

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

Ty.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

When the French give up Roman Polanski they can be more smug

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
people say the best bit of corona is the work from home revolution, thats decent but it also has downsides

the best bit is definitly living in a town centre and not hearing loud drunk people stumbling about and shouting till 2 in the morning every friday and saturday

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Pastry of the Year posted:

It's 100% one of the best threads on the forum, I've read every single odd page.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Spain has mandated naps and amazing food and wine everywhere

Siesta's great and I love a kalimoxto, but for some reason, Spain, as a whole, has nailed sandwiches. I'd say that the top ten sandwiches I've eaten in my life would have been in Spain.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Rick posted:

It's 100% one of the best threads on the forum, I've read every single odd page.

The even pages are good too

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Elissimpark posted:

Siesta's great and I love a kalimoxto, but for some reason, Spain, as a whole, has nailed sandwiches. I'd say that the top ten sandwiches I've eaten in my life would have been in Spain.

That's because sandwiches are objectively the best food and Spain has the best ingredients to put into the best food.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Shibawanko's posts usually seem sensible to me, unlike the insanity some people post.

I only really know about Europe from reading books and I think visiting it would ruin the mystique. Also it makes no sense to call it a continent when it is clearly part of Asia

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
India has more claim to being a continent.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I have a soft spot for the finns

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

On the whole, 3D printing has been a net loss for the ecosystem*, for humanity, and for any individual practicing it.

*) This one is, of course, not an opinion at all, but undeniable fact.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
I think 3D printers are probably useful tools to have in the machine shop, with certain strengths and certain weaknesses compared to other technologies.

But the idea often bandied about with 3D printers—that home 3D printers would obsolete the manufacturing plant, and people would be able to use it like the replicator in Star Trek is totally bogus.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

every single person i know who has a 3D printer has shown me a poison green hand flipping the bird and nothing else

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
And every single person you know who doesn't have a 3d printer has just flipped you the bird and nothing else.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I like the people who think 3D printing will end the tabletop miniature wargaming industry because people can just 3D print their own Space Marines. They'll hold up a single Space Marine and be like, it took my 2,000 dollar printer just half an hour to print this, and after only 45 minutes of sanding and finishing, here it is, almost as good as a store bought one! I saved 6 dollars!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I like the people who think 3D printing will end the tabletop miniature wargaming industry because people can just 3D print their own Space Marines. They'll hold up a single Space Marine and be like, it took my 2,000 dollar printer just half an hour to print this, and after only 45 minutes of sanding and finishing, here it is, almost as good as a store bought one! I saved 6 dollars!

They spent thousands of dollars on a machine that basically makes those weird smelling wax lions you used to get at the zoo as a kid.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

They spent thousands of dollars on a machine that basically makes those weird smelling wax lions you used to get at the zoo as a kid.
... Do you think that was a universal experience? _Was_ that a universal experience for everyone but me?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the wax lions at the zoo. we've all been there.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

the what now?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Those weren't wax

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

To this day I can't smell melted plastic without thinking of the zoo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mold-A-Rama machines. Don't know why I thought they were wax, they're plastic. Every zoo I've ever been to has had at least one or two of those machines though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I just remember the machines where you pay fifty cents to mold a new picture of a zoo animal onto a penny

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You pay your hard earned money to get in and then you and the animals just stare at each other. Who’s really behind bars?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

oldpainless posted:

You pay your hard earned money to get in and then you and the animals just stare at each other. Who’s really behind bars?

sometimes you wonder who's really behind bars, you or the gorilla, and then you think about it some more and realize that it's actually the gorilla

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Shibawanko posted:

sometimes you wonder who's really behind bars, you or the gorilla, and then you think about it some more and realize that it's actually the gorilla

The gorilla also gets free food and healthcare and a living environment tailored to ensure their mental health and people working behind the scenes to create opportunities for him to have sex.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Gripweed posted:

The gorilla also gets free food and healthcare and a living environment tailored to ensure their mental health and people working behind the scenes to create opportunities for him to have sex.

i get to walk around and drive my car around town though

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The gorilla is entitled to five times the social distance I am.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

dumb nobel prizes have been awarded often enough now that they arent credible anymore. bob dylan didnt deserve one for literature because he didnt write anything of significance and his music sucks rear end, two of the people who won the nobel peace prize are aung san suu kyi and the ethiopian guy who is now killing people. might as well pack it in and maybe just leave the one for physics

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Apes shouldn’t be in zoos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Apes shouldn’t be in zoos

Apes are the number one customer of zoos.