Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

saintonan posted:

Recovering from vaccine 2nd dose, then headed down to the beach later today to catch a sunset

nice

gettin' my first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

Well which one do you want us to watch?? do you need to see one to understand the other

i'm saying you could literally watch every episode from both series shuffled around in whatever order (aside from the first episodes of each series that explain what mushi are) and it would basically be fine except sometimes the opening credits song would be different

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

swickles posted:

Just replaced the bathroom faucet, now to return a bunch of things I didn't use or need from various projects to Home Depot.

Look at this rookie mistake. You're supposed to pile up unused DIY materials because there will totally be a time in the future when it will be needed.

Samadhi posted:

Snowblowers are for quitters. I love shovelling and will often shovel my neighbor's driveway just for the fun of it, then mine, then go clear my mom's. May even gently caress around and help shovel some people out along the way.

Honestly, I find it kind of relaxing when it's under like 3" of accumulation, especially when its dark out and everything is super still and quiet.

I have a terminal case of Midwest Brain.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Unless I accidentally skipped it, I can't believe y'all missed this glorious entry into the Sports Name Hall of Fame:

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1355551680146898950?s=19

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

So I wound up getting a dremel to cut it off but it wasn’t really working so I just whacked it really hard and it broke off clean. She was very impressed :smug:

now she knows you've had a lot of practice whacking things off

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ozymandius1024 posted:

My brother and I always had to shovel our long rear end driveway growing up (since my dad was a cheap rear end), and we haaaated it. That was one thing I told myself I'd spend the money to avoid when I became an adult.

With snowblowing, you still get to go outside and enjoy the elements without feeling like you're going to die if the snow is wet or slushy.

I don't mind shoveling until I do, and holy poo poo when you get a bad wet load or 12 thick inches you want to die if you don't have a dedicated blower

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Advantage of spending most of your life in apartments is you never have to shovel snow.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

I don't mind shoveling until I do, and holy poo poo when you get a bad wet load or 12 thick inches you want to die if you don't have a dedicated blower

Are we still doing phrasing?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I did that for years and I still had to shovel out my car constantly, it's bullshit!

Shoveling a driveway is easy, you put your shovel down and push it , it takes no time to clear a few car lengths. Shoveling around a car or the end of your driveway is bullshit because it instantly becomes this caked ice sludge that weighs a billion pounds

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I like shoveling, but I didn’t enjoy when a plow came by and pile up three feet of snow around my garbage cans in the alley. That was annoying.

I shovel my neighbor’s walk, unless the guy with the snowblower does everything first.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

You guys should try living in a place where it all just sublimates over the course of a few days and you never worry about it. We got snow Tuesday and it’s already almost gone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

its really coming down outside now

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Okay I might be interested in Star Trek now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FizFashizzle posted:

its really coming down outside now

Lucky, they've been teasing us with the chance of snow all week in Seattle and don't have anything except it being cold outside.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Okay I might be interested in Star Trek now

It's a toss you between Martok and Garak for best Star Trek character.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Freaquency posted:

You guys should try living in a place where it all just sublimates over the course of a few days and you never worry about it. We got snow Tuesday and it’s already almost gone.

Over the last few years it feels like Southern Mass is slowly becoming this. :(

I don't mind shoveling. I just prefer that my snowstorms start late Friday and I can just fart around all Saturday and shovel it sometime on Sunday. We do have a plow service come before most of it but I still need to do about 1/4 of the driveway for various reasons.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

It's a toss you between Martok and Garak for best Star Trek character.

Martok is fun and a great Klingon character, compared to Worf. Garak is flat out the best character of the series and maybe all of Trek.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

I did that for years and I still had to shovel out my car constantly, it's bullshit!

Shoveling a driveway is easy, you put your shovel down and push it , it takes no time to clear a few car lengths. Shoveling around a car or the end of your driveway is bullshit because it instantly becomes this caked ice sludge that weighs a billion pounds

Hahahaha dude. My driveway is over a quarter mile long. Most of the time, I just put in four wheel, but there is no shoveling that. When we get a lot of snow, i have to bust out the tractor, and it still takes hours

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1355632914978004992?s=21

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Never seen snow irl.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I finally got off my parents' cell phone plan and got my own. They officially no longer pay for anything of mine except storing my old crap in their attic lol

Also, my aunt who has been on the kidney donor list for 5 years just got notice that she would be getting one and is under surgery now. I'm really hoping for the best :ohdear:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Never seen snow irl.

It's loving awesome.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

ozymandius1024 posted:

My brother and I always had to shovel our long rear end driveway growing up (since my dad was a cheap rear end), and we haaaated it. That was one thing I told myself I'd spend the money to avoid when I became an adult.

With snowblowing, you still get to go outside and enjoy the elements without feeling like you're going to die if the snow is wet or slushy.

Good dog

Good dog

We're gonna get a bunch of snow in Chicago today / tomorrow. It'll be...uh...fun?

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Kalli posted:

Depends on the driveway. Some aren't all smooth and nice to shovel. My mom's driveway was smooth black stop at one point, now it's all rough and uneven a pain in the rear end to shovel no matter the kind of snow on top of it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

D-LINK posted:

Hahahaha dude. My driveway is over a quarter mile long. Most of the time, I just put in four wheel, but there is no shoveling that. When we get a lot of snow, i have to bust out the tractor, and it still takes hours

:hmmyes:

Ours is only 450 feet long (part of which is a loop) but it's 40' higher than the street, so we have to keep it well maintained for the sake of the USPS and FedEx drivers.

We used to have a truck with a plow, but it was a piece of poo poo and not worth the upkeep. Took all of the money from selling that to get a very nice snow blower, but a full clear and salt still takes an hour.

The biggest pain is when it snows like an inch, and it's too little to use the blower but I don't want it packed down from driving. Then I do bust out the shovel, and it is exhausting.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

Or a place that gets snow maybe once or twice every five years and when we do we SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING OH GOD ITS SNOWWWWWWWW

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

BlindSite posted:

Never seen snow irl.

As annoying as snow can be, when you catch flakes softly falling at night time, and it's bright AF because the snow is reflecting all possible light, it's a magical thing.

I happened to get out of tired adult mode to wonder at the falling snow earlier this week. It's worth doing so every now and then.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Finally watched Chernobyl

amazing

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

Martok is fun and a great Klingon character, compared to Worf. Garak is flat out the best character of the series and maybe all of Trek.

I completely forgot Quark. Definitely in my top 5 off all Trek.

Ehud posted:

amazing

I need to do a rewatch. It's really, really good.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 30, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Never seen snow irl.

Next time you plan a trip (after all of this is over of course) you wouldn't go wrong if you wanted to go skiing or snowboarding somewhere.

I mean first off you get to see snow if you never have, second you get to fall down a lot and feel like the dumbest idiot in the world while you're learning but you will absolutely have fun doing it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Never seen snow irl.

:same: It snowed in South Florida one time, in January 1977, and apparently lasted like 25 minutes at most before it melted, but every single person I know who was down here back then remembers exactly where they were and what was going on.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Losing my mind reading how long your driveways are. Grew up in bumfuck WI and ours was tiny. Went to college in middle of nowhere IL and all of them were tiny. Live in Chicago now and what da gently caress is a driveway.

Seems wildly impractical, imo!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Found a shirt for General Dog:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Losing my mind reading how long your driveways are. Grew up in bumfuck WI and ours was tiny. Went to college in middle of nowhere IL and all of them were tiny. Live in Chicago now and what da gently caress is a driveway.

Yes, my 30’ of sidewalk is a killer I tell ya.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ugh. Dog's being reactive to other dogs at the brewery. Thankfully he's fine from a distance, but he just made a scene passing one just now :(

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 31, 2021

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Im 8 episodes into The Expanse, this show slaps hard, hope quality doesn’t fall off

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/t_haynesy/status/1355174396864966658?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

amazing

It's really great and it's kind of amazing how the show's tone changes in the age of Trump / covid.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The tradeoff is only being able to see one other house half the year when the leaves are off the trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I moved out to the farm to take care of my grandfather, when i built my house on the property I didn't want it to be seen from any road. This farm is a tiny 100 acre island in an ocean of McMansion subdivisions, I was just doing the opposite of putting an obscenely large house on a tiny plot