Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Blimey.

https://twitter.com/halleyhanna/status/1354881805707587587

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
e: ^^^ SWANK.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's completely true. Everyone into Transformers would be geewunners who think Rumble is the blue one and I can't even.

Rumble IS the blue one.

Any of y'all ever been shot by a toy before? I mean not self-inflicted like with CHUG Jetfire's blaster, just the missile launcher triggers on its own? I keep BW2 Starscream/BB from a couple secret santas ago on my desktop tower in my home office, and I was fiddling with them a bit ago. Put them back up on the tower and friggin Starscream shot me.

It would be a Starscream, of course.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I have most of that!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Rumble IS the blue one.

Is this something people really debate? Of course he's the blue one...

This is bad rear end.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I feel bad I don't have Metroplex again, but that's awesome. Is some of that the Modulators?

Phy posted:

Any of y'all ever been shot by a toy before? I mean not self-inflicted like with CHUG Jetfire's blaster, just the missile launcher triggers on its own? I keep BW2 Starscream/BB from a couple secret santas ago on my desktop tower in my home office, and I was fiddling with them a bit ago. Put them back up on the tower and friggin Starscream shot me.

Speaking of Beast Wars, Tigerhawk's missile launcher nearly took my eye out once.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I know I fired one of Classics Thundercracker’s missiles by mistake once in my old tiny office room and it straight up vanished into thin air. Never found it, even when we moved and emptied the room out.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dawgstar posted:

I feel bad I don't have Metroplex again, but that's awesome. Is some of that the Modulators?
The Modulators look to have their own little section on the far right, past Skylynx.

There's tons of eras in there, I can see several Energon figures in the mix.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SlothfulCobra posted:

I never really was able to watch the show because I didn't watch actual TV until the show was on poorly scheduled reruns. I did have the toys, but most of the ones I had were ones that never got picked up for the show, and the rest were transmetals. So maybe I'll get excited if they start mining out the non-show cast.

I also feel like they haven't quite rediscovered the fun of the original Beast Wars gimmicks yet like they did with the G1 stuff, although I do appreciate the skeleton guys.

Pour one out for Torca.

Torca at least has his Blendtron counterpart who is free of GPS, poor Mutants Soundwave is truly damned

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Decently written is still miles above anything else thats been done with the franchise story wise.

And light years above anything in TFA. The toys were neat in how they accomplished the cartoony designs in 3D, but the show was bad then and unwatchable now. The worst kind of 'memberberry vapidity. They started figuring some interesting story threads out in S3, but too little too late.

TheDK posted:

Is this something people really debate? Of course he's the blue one...

It's arguably the first TF fandom argument. It was a big dividing line between fans who preferred the cartoons and fans who preferred the Marvel comic, since they had opposite colors in each.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is anyone still buying Iron Factory? I missed out on Big Boi Magnus from a decent ebayer, but looking up the upcoming line and it's just kinda nuts

I assume given the current pace this won't finish til 2023 but man, this is weirdly appealing

Keldroc posted:

And light years above anything in TFA. The toys were neat in how they accomplished the cartoony designs in 3D, but the show was bad then and unwatchable now. The worst kind of 'memberberry vapidity. They started figuring some interesting story threads out in S3, but too little too late.
Ha, that's a good term for it.

I don't think I'd go that far, but big chunks of TFA just aren't very good and it definitely relied way too much on pandering in disservice to its own good ideas. Shockwave, the military bot / civ bot dichotomy actually going somewhere and Omega Supreme are all executed to the benefit of the canon at large. And a lot of its new characters are great ideas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m not really interested in Iron Factory’s samurai line, but I definitely want to grab the new Magnus. However, for now I’m more interested in getting the two big DJD dudes before they vanish and skyrocket in price. Magnus will hopefully keep a while.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

I’m not really interested in Iron Factory’s samurai line, but I definitely want to grab the new Magnus. However, for now I’m more interested in getting the two big DJD dudes before they vanish and skyrocket in price. Magnus will hopefully keep a while.
He's already selling out, but they might second wave him.

The two big DJD dudes did sell out everywhere but they did a second wave. I've been holding off since I'd rather buy a boxed set if they ever do one, and want to keep a loose Tarn anyway. They don't look enticing as individual figures to me, but I always thought the DJD was pretty crap.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Basically agree with The_Doctor here. I'm all in for IF but not this samurai line. Their normal awesome-legends-class stuff is so cool and fun. The size+detail is very nice for deal display and fiddling.

I do have a samurai toilet though, so maybe I'm the problem.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keldroc posted:

It's arguably the first TF fandom argument. It was a big dividing line between fans who preferred the cartoons and fans who preferred the Marvel comic, since they had opposite colors in each.

Which is kind of funny since Rumble and Frenzy barely show up in the whole run outside some early appearances before getting wasted by Omega Supreme. That said yes, much digital ink has been spilled on the conflict.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

Which is kind of funny since Rumble and Frenzy barely show up in the whole run outside some early appearances before getting wasted by Omega Supreme. That said yes, much digital ink has been spilled on the conflict.

Yeah.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/FIRRIB

When your first ever exposure to the franchise is Marvel's The Transformers #5 and the toys, some things tend to stick.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
He's red.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lodin posted:

He's red.

No, Runble is red, Rumble is blue.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/FIRRIB

When your first ever exposure to the franchise is Marvel's The Transformers #5 and the toys, some things tend to stick.

And, as noted there, Rumble is red 4 times out of 23. Despite the perceived ubiquity of the blue version due to being in the cartoon, which is generally believed to have been a production error originally, he's red way more often than he's blue.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Mail finally showed up! Got my Cyclonus from Forbidden Planet, and one Super King Nitro Zeus second hand from Mr Thee! He threw in a little pair of Skids and Mudflap and a random Cobra Commander too!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Imagine growing up thinking Rumble is any color other than blue.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I couldn't think of anything new to say, so...

SlothfulCobra posted:

I always thought that Rumble was a grayish purplish guy. Never heard of Frenzy until I was an adult.

Also I only ever saw the first couple episodes of the G1 cartoon.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Rumble is kinda Purplish Grey, Frenzy I never saw on the show.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wait, no, I got this, Rumble is the yellow one, right?

SlothfulCobra posted:

One is grey, the other is black, I have no idea what you red/bluers are talking about.

You can tell Rumble apart from Frenzy in the cartoon from the fact that if he's onscreen, it's Rumble. Kinda weird that they didn't much use the other one when the show was hurting so bad for decepticons that they just had 20 reflectors rolling around everywhere.

SlothfulCobra posted:

It took me a while to remember what thread this was and that wasn't some kind of furry thing.

Anyhoozleby, Rumble is grey, Frenzy is black, but I like Bumblebee better without a face, although Ironhide is decidedly better with a head.

Bonus:

SlothfulCobra posted:

This whole thing Hasbro keeps doing where Tank/Artillery transformers use the barrel of their alt-mode as a long and skinny weapon keeps making me think of walking sticks.

Decepticons! Hobble forward!

I've been hunting through stores for either remnants of Combiner Wars or Wave 2 of Titans Return, and something on my person keeps setting off the security things by the doors, it's weird.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I got myself a skids, and now I can't stop noticing that he's a bit of a chubbo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheDK posted:

Imagine seeing the toys or comics and saying Hasbro and Marvel were wrong!

It's an absurd situation, we can all agree on that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 31, 2021

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

TheDK posted:

I mean on the show he's literally purple so...

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Rumble and Frenzy are aware of the controversy and swap names every other day just to confuse people.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

I couldn't think of anything new to say, so...

Bonus:

Lol, I was gonna "actually" you on that Skids post but it turns out I did that the first time you posted it

At least I'm consistent

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Imagine seeing the toys or comics and saying Hasbro and Marvel were wrong!

Sometimes I think it's weird that Sideswipe and Sunstreaker patently have their bios swapped and everybody just ran with it

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Visited a TF collector friend today who's looking to liquidate a lot of his collection to make room in his house, I told him I'd be happy to dig through his collection and pick out stuff I was interested in. When I was heading over to his house, he called and said we'd be going to his storage unit full of Transformers. :stare:

He had, just, boxes and totes full of transforming robots (Transformers, Animorphs, Gobots, random knockoff or off-brand stuff, you name it), it was bonkers.

I picked up some cool stuff, including:

- Beast Wars Transmetal Blackarachnia
- Beast Machines Blackarachnia
- Beast Machines deluxe Jetstorm
- AOE Junkheap
- Power Core Combiners Grimsone with Dinobot drones
- G2 Strafe
- G2 Dirtbag (inspired by a Secret Santa gift in this thread)
- RID Super Mach Alert
- Beast Wars Retrax
- Microverse Beast Wars Orcanoch
- Beast Machines Thrust
- Beast Wars Spittor
- RID Skid-Z
- G1 Strafe
- G1 Afterburner
- Micromaster Flattop
- Cybertron Dirt Boss
- A bunch of random little bots (small RID guys, micromasters, spy changers)

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
^^^^
Buy him an account, get him to list stuff here.

Keldroc posted:

I mean on the show he's literally purple so...

Purple doesn't exist.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

^^^^

Purple doesn't exist.

First of all, how dare you.
______________/

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arquinsiel posted:

^^^^
It would take him the rest of his life to list everything, the volume of stuff he's got is bonkers. I spent like 5 hours digging through all of his stuff.

He does have a complete G2 Fort Max he's trying to offload, though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Doctor posted:

First of all, how dare you.
______________/

How that still hasn't been turned into a figure is beyond me

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Combiner Wars Sky Lynx was right there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I ordered Optus Pexus and cannot wait for it to arrive.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

drrockso20 posted:

I was about to say, how has nobody made a figure of the stupid purple gryphon.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Xenomrph posted:

It would take him the rest of his life to list everything, the volume of stuff he's got is bonkers. I spent like 5 hours digging through all of his stuff.

He does have a complete G2 Fort Max he's trying to offload, though.

G2?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Maybe they're trying to figure out how to do the hair?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
how it started:

Homora Gaykemi posted:

boy am i glad my Macross inclinations talked me into getting him instead of the current commander class one 'cause i already have no idea where i'm gonna put one this big, never mind that other behemoth

how it's going:

i think i'm counting Devastator differently since his ability to break down into six smaller, elbowless lads means he doesn't require such a large chunk of space compared to a singular, giant robot

though if they did a Fort Max reissue i think i'd be kind of tempted at this point

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Anyone get a shipping notification from Zavvi about Breakdown and the Vehicon yet? I'm still waiting on mine, but the expected delivery is now in the past.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Arquinsiel posted:

Anyone get a shipping notification from Zavvi about Breakdown and the Vehicon yet? I'm still waiting on mine, but the expected delivery is now in the past.

Another reminder that Zavvi are a shitshow outfit and you shouldn't use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Whatever this is, it isn’t G1: