Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I had a bit of fun with Feather but there's not much to it. And the Goose Game, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Crashbee posted:

What Remains of Edith Finch has a sequence where you play an owl. Also there's Wingspan, a board game *about* birds.

Also, there's a finch called Edith.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

AER Memories of Old is essentially a walking sim (since it's devoid of conflict) where you play a person who transforms into a bird to glide around, when she's not platforming in caves. I wouldn't say it's good, but there are worse ways to spend 2 hours. It's been a giveaway on Twitch Prime and the Epic Store in the past, so there could be a chance you own it.

I was playing this just recently. The flying, music and setting are all excellent but the writing and some of the puzzles are lacking. It’s a great way to spend an afternoon at the least, just flyin around to some jams and exploring.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063310/Vane/

Vane is a beautiful, if somewhat janky, game about playing a shape-shifting bird-boy.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

Are there any good games where you play as a bird?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_vs._Bird:_One_on_One

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Briefly in Battlefield 1.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

The latest Assassin's Creed games have eagle drones for scouting.

Far Cry Primal had an owl drone that could dive bomb to kill your enemies, or drop bombs on their heads.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

Have not played it but maybe "Fugl"?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/643810/Fugl/

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

ultrafilter posted:

A Short Hike

I vaguely remember one of the Ecco games letting you transform into a bird for some reason.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

ultrafilter posted:

Agony, by Psygnosis back in the day.
Also, Eagle Flight on the PSVR (is cool but gave me horrendous motion sickness.)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

In Assassins creed origins, you are a bird who can transform into a human for some land based stuff

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
There's also Prinny and Hatoful Boyfriend, though I'm not necessarily recommending either of them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not sure if it's out yet but The Falconeer is the latest bird game I'm aware of.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I picked up Gordion Quest after the discussion earlier, and it's...alright. For reference, my party was Cleric, Druid, Scoundrel, and this is only Act 1, so maybe things change later. I played it for like 6 hours straight so that's something, but there were things that kept irking me throughout. However, if this is only Act 1/6 or whatever, they really need to pare down the standard encounters since it becomes a slog. Maybe Realm Mode is better for that.

On Normal, the difficulty wasn't there. I kept my Cleric in my party in case things ever needed her, but monsters never did damage or debuffed. About 90% of her heals were wasted, and the remaining 10% weren't critical heals.

There are random consumable resources like Supplies and Incense which are so cheap that it just feels like a small tax to use them. Refilling my supply just felt like busy work and added no tension to exploring. The weird thing is that there's already a mechanism to demonstrate that your dudes are exhausted, and it's literally called Exhaustion. I have no idea why Supplies are in the game.

Each class has three specializations, but in reality it's basically three separate subclasses since there was very little synergy between them. The main issue is that every character has three stats, and each skill is (generally) tied to one of those. However, each of the specializations are generally tied to different stats, so doing two specializations weakens your character by not only giving you cards that don't synergize well with each other, but also splits your stats. In Slay the Spire terms, it would be like if a Shiv build and a Poison build needed different stats to make them better and there isn't a card that connects the two builds.

One of the specializations, the Druid's animal companions, is laughably weak. For 2 action points, you get a summon that has a handful of HP and does about 7 damage every turn. The HP might be decent if tanking were necessary in Act 1, but given that the Scoundrel was doing upwards of hundreds of damage in each of his turns, and reduced damage by just straight murdering things, the power balance isn't quite there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the game looks like at the end, but the class balance being so off makes it feel kinda eh.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

ultrafilter posted:

- Tux Racer
- :kazooieass:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Flashing me back to late 80s townhouse paint schemes here.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ultrafilter posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/904700/Down_Ward/

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckTales_(video_game)

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Who even drew that lovely rear end Donald duck

Iverron
May 13, 2012

leaf physics rock

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A LOVELY LAD posted:

:pwn:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

A LOVELY LAD posted:

I answer to your rhetorical question: http://www.gregwray.com/

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

theres a skateboarding bird game coming out isnt there?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Awesome! posted:

theres a skateboarding bird game coming out isnt there?

Skatebird

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Kennel posted:

I didn't quite understand the problem with that Donald Duck at first, but looking at the guy's portfolio... man, something is just vaguely off about every single drawing there, and I can't put my finger on it at all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

K8.0 posted:

There's also Prinny and Hatoful Boyfriend, though I'm not necessarily recommending either of them.

They're both good though

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You don't play as a bird in Hatoful Boyfriend, you just date one.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Kennel posted:

the 90's were such a cursed time

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s on steam too!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/237630/DuckTales_Remastered/

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Kennel posted:

Needs something to wash the taste out:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Got another

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cardiovorax posted:

You don't play as a bird in Hatoful Boyfriend, you just date one.

You play one in the final route.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

My trouble with the Yakuza games so far is that my brain wants to 100% them but can’t because I suck at minigames and ughhh brain let it go just enjoy the story

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm gonna start Yakuza with the new JRPG one because I'm a JRPG nerd and nobody can stop me :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Commander Keene posted:

I'm gonna start Yakuza with the new JRPG one because I'm a JRPG nerd and nobody can stop me :colbert:

Your bravery will be sung far and wide.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Also the ufo catcher in 1 sucks so much. How did they mess it up after 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Commander Keene posted:

They're all JRPGs except the others have real-time combat