Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

God, shut up about the stupid stocks crap, this isn't related to Q at all.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Can j honestly say I was hoping trump would rip off his human mask to reveal a reptilian on the last day of his presidency?

Just to hear the alt right go "well he's a GOOD reptilian see he's the one who's stopping the bad reptiles from getting us",

This, though! The one Q person I know IRL is also a huge fan of David Icke and I would love to see what her reaction would be to this kind of situation. I assume they would all say that Lizard Trump and his fleet of city-destroying spaceships were fake news. Marjorie Greene's Jewish space laser, though, now that's real.

I was not present for this particular event but I am reliably informed by a co-worker that Crazy Q Co-worker one mentioned that they have a death ray at the North Pole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PT6A posted:

Saying "I'm destroying capitalism" as you use the market to gently caress over a hedge fund is the equivalent of saying "no homo!" as a dude sucks your dick. It might make you feel better but it's a denial of what's actually going on.

When it comes time to hang the capitalists, they will vie with each other for the rope contracts.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

PT6A posted:

Capitalism is exactly the system that allowed these hedge funds to be caught with their pants down, and it's been glorious. If they've been forced to close their positions at a massive loss, they've already lost.

Yes, using capitalism to destroy capitalism is funny.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Mad Hamish posted:

God, shut up about the stupid stocks crap, this isn't related to Q at all.

The methodology of engaging the otherwise disengaged population is extremely similar.

If someone took the meme of Hillary with claws shooting lasers at Trump as he runs with two kids under his arms and just superimposed some billionaires head over hillary and the WSB cartoon over Trump and some chicken tenders into his arms it would get 30k upvotes on reddit.

Its the same methods being used to encourage the same people to act in a way that is largely counter to their own interests, because 'look at the funny meme'.

"I'm just sticking it to the billionaires" is nonsense when all you are really doing is shifting wealth from one billionaire to another and maybe making a bunch of 'smarts' into multi-millionaires while you laugh as your life savings goes up in smoke.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The gamestop thing is inconsequential but is a chance to give peoples' actions temporary meaning in a world that has so openly mocked altruism, virtue, community, agency..

Q is similiar in that it's a solution to the same problem for a whole different type of people.

No one's gonna overthrow anything.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. What has the FBI been up to regarding insurrectionists and other fascists this week? Haven't heard much from them.
2. Wonder if they can clamp down many a fascist wannabe politician's ambitions this decade.
3. Can mainstream republicans hold their ground enough to prevent a complete collapse of their front? Do you think the fascists will be able to replace the moderates entirely?

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

1. What has the FBI been up to regarding insurrectionists and other fascists this week? Haven't heard much from them.
2. Wonder if they can clamp down many a fascist wannabe politician's ambitions this decade.
3. Can mainstream republicans hold their ground enough to prevent a complete collapse of their front? Do you think the fascists will be able to replace the moderates entirely?

I don't think moderates have any control right now anyway. The election being widely known as stolen on the right is going to be radicalizing whether it's true or not. The Republicans who don't actually believe that will just push "the judiciary stole it beforehand" as a way of contributing to the narrative.

The Q crowd is hardening against dates as far as 2022 or 2024 being part of the plan. Won't mean they won't adjust when the time comes but I think we'll get to see some funny reactions when Trump hypes up those dates campaigning.

Elea fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 29, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Elea posted:

I don't think moderates have any control right now anyway. The election being widely known as stolen on the right is going to be radicalizing whether it's true or not. The Republicans who don't actually believe that will just push "the judiciary stole it beforehand" as a way of contributing to the narrative.

The Q crowd is hardening against dates as far as 2022 or 2024 being part of the plan. Won't mean they won't adjust when the time comes but I think we'll get to see some funny reactions when Trump hypes up those dates campaigning.
Do you think this radicalizing would pave the way for a tea party 2010 midterm redux in 2022, based on enthusiasm alone?
The 2020 election was very close electorally thanks to party enthusiasm being equally high on both sides.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
I have no idea how this is going to play out for the GOP. I read so many comments about voting being worthless now, wanting a third party, but I know they will keep cranking the lever for them. This whole election thing is partly by design right, by refusing to count mail votes early they knew it would look stolen and that'd rile their base up. But I think it's become bigger than they even expected.

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
I've been watching the unedited interviews from the recent PBS Frontline doc, American Carnage. The Republican pollster they spoke to said he believes many of the House Republicans aren't pandering (or aren't just pandering), they too actually believe the election was stolen.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Elea posted:

I have no idea how this is going to play out for the GOP. I read so many comments about voting being worthless now, wanting a third party, but I know they will keep cranking the lever for them. This whole election thing is partly by design right, by refusing to count mail votes early they knew it would look stolen and that'd rile their base up. But I think it's become bigger than they even expected.

That's more of a Democrat party thing, imho. While left-splinters of the party largely become consumed by the mainstream body of the party with Democrats ("we need to put our differences aside and defeat George Bush John McCain Donald Trump Mecha Immortal Hitler!"), the tea party was willing to let the republican party burn to the ground if it didn't get what it wanted, and they successfully removed a number of republican party leaders to get it done.

Lib and let die fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 29, 2021

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
From the Trump thread

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

It's hard to tell what going on under the hood. DOJ has a page documenting federal arrests and charges: https://www.justice.gov/opa/investigations-regarding-violence-capitol. Notably, three oath keepers were charged two days ago with 'conspiracy to obstruct congress' and 'conspiracy to injure a police officer' which could be pretty big if they start roping in more of that group.

I think they are around 180 people charged federally so far. But there are also DC Metro and state charges and I think I saw a blurb somewhere that the total number of people charged at all levels was over 400?

Right now there is an acting AG installed by Biden, they may be slow rolling some of the cases until they know if Merrick will be confirmed? DoJ did make a statement about charges growing 'exponentially' as they get rolling. Which could be rhetoric.

I assume anything related to members of congress, trump or his family or close advisors is going to wait until it's air tight and they wont be charged for some time.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

indiscriminately posted:

I've been watching the unedited interviews from the recent PBS Frontline doc, American Carnage. The Republican pollster they spoke to said he believes many of the House Republicans aren't pandering (or aren't just pandering), they too actually believe the election was stolen.

How much of this is that when conservatives talk about what they believe did or didn't happen, they're just asserting a claim that democrats are by definition illegitimate and deserve to be exterminated? Like "the election was stolen" just means "only republicans have a right to office" and there is no truth claim about how many people voted one way or another?

I think it's increasingly more common that calling something a hoax or fraud means a belief that it is fundamentally illegitimate and the speaker may or may not understand intellectually that more people voted or Biden etc but that their claim is moral and existential and so it doesn't matter to them.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

How much of this is that when conservatives talk about what they believe did or didn't happen, they're just asserting a claim that democrats are by definition illegitimate and deserve to be exterminated? Like "the election was stolen" just means "only republicans have a right to office" and there is no truth claim about how many people voted one way or another?

I think it's increasingly more common that calling something a hoax or fraud means a belief that it is fundamentally illegitimate and the speaker may or may not understand intellectually that more people voted or Biden etc but that their claim is moral and existential and so it doesn't matter to them.

I don't know if they're that complex, but I also think they've inculcated this idea that is repeated over and over to them that they are the majority and the majority wants trump and guns and trucknuts. There's no way that's not true, so if they didn't win, perforce the election must've been stolen.

It's not like Tucker Carlson gets up on Fox and lies to them every night, there's no way that's whats happening.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

indiscriminately posted:

They all listen to hours upon hours of the same repeated lie. At some point, you either realize you're being force-fed lies, or you believe them.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Can j honestly say I was hoping trump would rip off his human mask to reveal a reptilian on the last day of his presidency?

Just to hear the alt right go "well he's a GOOD reptilian see he's the one who's stopping the bad reptiles from getting us",
i've said it before but trump is as close to a "lizard person" we've ever gotten. he has no idea what it's like to be human, he's never had to worry about finding money, or love, or following the rules. every single thing you've ever been concerned with, the death of a pet, finding food, wondering what to do with your life, trump has gone through NONE of those. the big concern of "oh no! aliens have taken over and they have NO IDEA what humans need to thrive and survive!!" 100% came true and it was in the form of a rich, fat, white man who's never had to learn a thing in his life. trump has as much in common with the common human life as a literal pet store gecko and they cheered him on as hard as they could.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

indiscriminately posted:

The House GOP is by and large full of massively delusional idiots, so this makes sense

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Louie Gohmert fell for the CIA server firefight in Germany that's been memoryholed by Q types. Falling for the tail end of conspiracies that you yourself started isn't just a Donald Trump thing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Yes, using capitalism to destroy capitalism is funny.

lol, this whole scenarios only leads to one group of investors getting rich from the misfortune of a different group of investors. You are just shuffling money around between competing oligarchs in a manner that is just as arbitrary as the normal operations of the system, and pretend you are dealing a blow to them.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

lol, this whole scenarios only leads to one group of investors getting rich from the misfortune of a different group of investors. You are just shuffling money around between competing oligarchs in a manner that is just as arbitrary as the normal operations of the system, and pretend you are dealing a blow to them.

Yeah but a good chunk went directly into my pocket so this time it was both Cool and Good.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Jacob Chansley is now claiming that he'd testify against Trump at the impeachment hearing.

No doubt he just wants to spew crazy poo poo to get out of jail.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

steinrokkan posted:

I'm not "dealing a blow." I'm posting how reddit trolls loving up wall street is funny. Because it is funny. I'm under no illusion about what this is. I don't think anything changes except the wealthy become more insane, which MAYBE, down the line will have a benefit when they overreact.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

this is definitely one of those situations where you enter with "class solidarity" intentions and end up bedfellows with nazis

https://twitter.com/lilsarg/status/1354796995483987969

capital isn't going to be hurt by this. this is not a threat to the system. this is a threat to the savings accounts of racist petit bourgeois who want to attack the "globalist bankers" who get easily fooled by internet memethink into bold but ultimately fruitless and self harming action

Mildly amusing bit, but it's already been been done. I give it a 6/10 at best.

I wish you had really committed to it with something like "betting against stock traders is violence" or "WSB are white cishet male settlers colonizing traditional BIPOC hedge fund spaces".

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 30, 2021

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/sara_aniano/status/1355570931872260096?s=21

There’s no easy solution to the Qult movement. Until they have a breakdown in public and are forced as an inpatient to take antipsychotics, there’s no “mental health” primary care option to screen or help them.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I would not advise forcing antipsychotics on someone who doesnt have psychosis. Many QAnon people are delusional but not psychotic.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

:tinfoil:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

I would not advise forcing antipsychotics on someone who doesnt have psychosis. Many QAnon people are delusional but not psychotic.

I won't be prescribing antipsychotics to any potential Q patients walking into my office. But other than putting in a voluntary referral to a cognitive behavioral therapist, there's pretty much nothing primary care mental health can do to fix this.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Would Street Epistemology be helpful in any fashion regarding Qanon?

Mundrial Mantis
Aug 15, 2017

Grouchio posted:

Would Street Epistemology be helpful in any fashion regarding Qanon?

Possibly but it sounds like long-term support to get out of a Q community is needed than just the Socratic method to get someone to question their beliefs. At least going by the interview in Calico's awesome vid.

Although given that Peter Boghossian and James Lindsay played a role in SE, maybe not since they're now on an 'anti-woke' crusade and Lindsay is basically promoting the cultural bolshevism conspiracy theory.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

The embrace of the infinity loop paradox contradiction that is the components of our current understanding of space time and how it relates to how Reddit proved both the existence AND nonexistence of GOD as each one of us has an understanding or rejection of when it comes to matters of faith and how the possible outcomes relate to the result that reaches the final point where the time clock finally stops for good and what we all think about the aftermath that we have finally solved the answer to the question everyone has from the first second they become sentient beings.

Do you know the answer?

The answer is Q.

Q

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
From Free Republic. Q thread still going strong and still saying the same old things.

quote:

About a dozen or so NYC PD have seen the video on Hillary's lap top. A number of them are now dead. Reportedly, it shows her and Huma basically leading a young child up to the point of death where her blood will be exactly what the illumnati need to become as evil as possible. It's all about producing blood that will stimulate the Satanic beings.
The children are often killed in the process.

It's not anything particularly new. Many of the illuminati are basically as satancially evil as possible and have engaged in such rituals for who knows how long. It is who we are up against and more that I won't go into. These people and beings are demonic and as evil as anyone can imagine.

quote:

The children are often killed in the process.
It's not anything particularly new.
Not new at all. Old Testament pagan cults

quote:

Super scary that stuff like that goes on. As you say the bible is the most reliable source or tracking the illuminnati over the years.Nothing else is even close.

quote:

I’ll try that. I’m currently taking D3, zinc/quercetin, C, a daily vitamin for people over 50, and other immune boosting supplements. My husband won’t take supplements. He’d rather take a shot. Not me. I’ll find some bee pollen.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
You see, we can't possibly provide any proof or even any witnesses of this video that totally exists, because everyone who has watched it is dead.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Wildeyes posted:

You see, we can't possibly provide any proof or even any witnesses of this video that totally exists, because everyone who has watched it is dead.

The laws of infinity dictate that once an idea is created it can never be destroyed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I also enjoy how everyone who has seen "the video" claims it contains completely different things. Notably, Huma gets mentioned this time (I guess she regained popularity in the conspiracy community again) and doesn't mention Hillary cutting off the child's face.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

I also enjoy how everyone who has seen "the video" claims it contains completely different things. Notably, Huma gets mentioned this time (I guess she regained popularity in the conspiracy community again) and doesn't mention Hillary cutting off the child's face.

It is only as real as they make it in their minds as an outside observer looking in.

Resistance is futile but futility is not resistance.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
It's always regular community members in good standing who claim to have seen it too. With Pedogate it was really hard to tell what people believed compared to what they were just cynically using. With Q, I assume even the people who know they're lying about Frazzledrip otherwise believe generally, somehow.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

If everyone who saw the video is dead.....then how do we know they saw the video?? :iiam:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It makes me think of all those boomers absolutely convinced that hippies spit on them after they came back from vietnam because they saw it in a movie and got confused. Their lead-poisoned brains probably read so many descriptions of it and they then watch weird stuff linked by other q people and eventually they mistake what they read with what they saw.

The real question is why people who claim to hate the things in the video would try to seek it out and pass it around without sending it to an authority they trust, like the my pillow man or newsmax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I always wonder whether the people who believe these conspiracies think this kind of witchcraft is real and works or that its "real" in that its practiced but doesnt grant any magical ability (the elites just think it does and only Jesus Christ can grant eternal life).

Im guessing about 50/50