Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

NE, DET, DEN and WAS do not have top draft capital.

Miami and NYJ are really the teams with the best draft picks and of those two Miami would most likely be the more desirable from Watson's perspective.

I have to imagine if any deal does get done for Watson it’s gonna be a multiple team deal. I can’t see him wanting to play for either of those teams and it’s the only way anyone outside of those 2 teams get a shot.

Personally I think ownership will try playing hardball and refuse a trade, Watson will sit out and ownership will panic trade him away for scraps in like week 5 or something dumb as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Dolphins are good now, why wouldn't Watson want to play for them?

The only reason they have a high value pick to trade is because it's the pick they got from the Texans :lol:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

spaced ninja posted:

I have to imagine if any deal does get done for Watson it’s gonna be a multiple team deal. I can’t see him wanting to play for either of those teams and it’s the only way anyone outside of those 2 teams get a shot.

Personally I think ownership will try playing hardball and refuse a trade, Watson will sit out and ownership will panic trade him away for scraps in like week 5 or something dumb as poo poo.

The Dolphins have a proven GM, and a coach that has demonstrated his ability to coach a team up from the absolutely dregs of the leagues to being competitive. The offensive cast is not what Dolphins fans would have you believe (their WR corp is lacking) but they have pieces on the oline, a decent RB and a very promising tight end. Aside from that, Miami has always seemed to be a sought after destination for NFL players in large part because of the geographical location: it is a fun place to live for young, rich people. And yes, FL doesn't have income tax - just like Texas - although I tend to think this is overblown.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Titans have analyzed the stats from last season and decided to give Shane Bowen another shot at completely wasting the careers of everyone on our defense. Good call guys

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
😔😔😔

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Good

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

thrilla in vanilla posted:

The Titans have analyzed the stats from last season and decided to give Shane Bowen another shot at completely wasting the careers of everyone on our defense. Good call guys

Everyone on your defense blows.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol titans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Strange projection but okay

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

Pretty interesting article on potential landing spots for Watson

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...paign=editorial

For some reason they list Miami as the #1 landing spot, which I'm not really seeing. NE, DET, DEN and WAS make the make most sense. Maybe Chicago.

It's honestly something how many top tier big name players the Texans have had with so little to show for it. Watson, Hopkins, Watt, Mercilus, Clowney, Foster, Mario WIlliams, Brian Cushing...

I'm probably forgetting a few guys

If you trade with Mia or NYJ, you can get Tua or Darnold in the trade. Draft picks are hit or miss. Getting a known commodity to go with the picks at least gives the Texans something they can sell to fans.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

spaced ninja posted:

Watson has said he's fine going to the Jets and they have a lot of good draft picks. I guess they could throw in Darnold to sweeten the pot if HOU is interested.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

If you trade with Mia or NYJ, you can get Tua or Darnold in the trade. Draft picks are hit or miss. Getting a known commodity to go with the picks at least gives the Texans something they can sell to fans.

Darnold is a known commodity in the bad way though

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Darnold is worthless lol and he's double worthless if you have the #2 overall

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Darnold is a known commodity in the bad way though

I mean if you get Darnold and 2 1sts as a starting point, at least you can sell some excitement in him and the future.

At least it's better than trying to sell the fans that you traded Watson to get your own draft picks back from Miami.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

I mean if you get Darnold and 2 1sts as a starting point, at least you can sell some excitement in him and the future.

At least it's better than trying to sell the fans that you traded Watson to get your own draft picks back from Miami.

You'd get tua from Miami who is like 100000000 times better than darnold

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Oberst posted:

Darnold is worthless lol and he's double worthless if you have the #2 overall

The Jets have multiple first round picks. I'm guessing they'd start with Darnold and the Seattle pick, plus and additional first, then throw in a 2nd or 3rd.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

EvilBeard posted:

Everyone on your defense blows.

They certainly did this season yes.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
its amazing how many players just...forgot how to play football. It can't all be the coaching. What the hell happened to Byard? He was awful.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

EvilBeard posted:

The Jets have multiple first round picks. I'm guessing they'd start with Darnold and the Seattle pick, plus and additional first, then throw in a 2nd or 3rd.

The point is if you have a choice between picking a QB with the #2 overall pick, or rolling with Sam Darnold... well no one is going to roll with Sam Darnold, you take a new QB. Which means Darnold is immediately QB2 or trade bait to some other team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

How do you sell some excitement in the fact that you traded Watson for one of the worst starting QBs in the league

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Demon Of The Fall posted:

its amazing how many players just...forgot how to play football. It can't all be the coaching. What the hell happened to Byard? He was awful.

Well we certainly won’t get the answer any time soon! For real though it’s pretty baffling but the way that byard was being utilized was not in line with what he was so good at. Dudes a hawk. Let him hawk. If a safety is leading the team in tackles then something has gone very very wrong.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

No real QB pressure ever, not great at run D either. No interceptions to grab, lots of tackles that need to be made. I will hope that the promotion to DC will focus the coaches mind and magically make things good but LOL glad to keep wasting our offensive successes with this poop defense.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

How do you sell some excitement in the fact that you traded Watson for one of the worst starting QBs in the league

I'm not saying it's an easy sell. If you just get a couple draft picks, you're selling them on pure hope alone. Either way, you traded a top 5 qb in his prime for something less.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

EvilBeard posted:

#2, #27, another 2021 top 100 pick, 2022 first

But I'm also not the moron Texans who tanked theire leverage

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The point is if you have a choice between picking a QB with the #2 overall pick, or rolling with Sam Darnold... well no one is going to roll with Sam Darnold, you take a new QB. Which means Darnold is immediately QB2 or trade bait to some other team.

Yep exactly. Hes worthless in any scenario with the #2 pick because you're taking Ohio QB #2 ovr

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ok, since Stafford is worth that, Watson is worth 5 1st round picks, right?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

EvilBeard posted:

Ok, since Stafford is worth that, Watson is worth 5 1st round picks, right?

Yeah probably

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Absolutely. And yet, I fully expect the Texans will trade him for a 2nd, 4th, a long snapper, one of those tubs with three flavors of popcorn (Original, cheese, and a conditional 3rd flavor), and an autographed picture of T.J. Yates.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Stafford was probably Plan 1 through 5 for the Colts QB this year.

I don't know what the hell they'll do now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Athanatos posted:

An elaborate long con to convince Easterby that he needs to trade Watson to the Colts. Or blackmail.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Athanatos posted:

I imagine they'll wait to see how the Watson situation shakes out and try to swoop in on either Darnold or Jimmy G if they become available for cheap.

But I'm actually starting to wonder if they're looking to trade up in the draft for one of the top four guys. Rumors are that they're very high on Fields, and I can imagine if he's still on the board at 3 or 4 they might pull the trigger. This makes me very nervous as an Ohio State fan, but I tend to trust Ballard and Reich in their evaluations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

fartknocker posted:

Absolutely. And yet, I fully expect the Texans will trade him for a 2nd, 4th, a long snapper, one of those tubs with three flavors of popcorn (Original, cheese, and a conditional 3rd flavor), and an autographed picture of T.J. Yates.

When I was a kid I pulled out the paper divider on one of those tubs of popcorn. My family was so mad.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ShakeZula posted:

I imagine they'll wait to see how the Watson situation shakes out and try to swoop in on either Darnold or Jimmy G if they become available for cheap.

But I'm actually starting to wonder if they're looking to trade up in the draft for one of the top four guys. Rumors are that they're very high on Fields, and I can imagine if he's still on the board at 3 or 4 they might pull the trigger. This makes me very nervous as an Ohio State fan, but I tend to trust Ballard and Reich in their evaluations.

Dwayne Haskins is waiting by his phone

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

a neat cape posted:

Dwayne Haskins is waiting by his phone

I actually wouldn't have been opposed to that, but didn't he sign with the Steelers?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

I actually wouldn't have been opposed to that, but didn't he sign with the Steelers?

a futures contract, which I admittedly don't know what that is

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I can't see any trades for Darnold or Jimmy G. If they get cut then they would probably bring them in, but neither is a guy that they should make any investment in.

Also I don't buy any rumors. Like last year when they said there were rumors the Colts were gonna trade back into the first to get Love. That was never gonna happen. Ballard doesn't really leak anything.

But that said, the draft is probably their best option now unless Dak hits the open market. Or maybe they'd sign Winston, but I don't really want that.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

sponges posted:

When I was a kid I pulled out the paper divider on one of those tubs of popcorn. My family was so mad.

did everyones family end up with a tub with a buncha cheese popcorn in it or was mine weird

obviously the caramel went first

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

fast cars loose anus posted:

did everyones family end up with a tub with a buncha cheese popcorn in it or was mine weird

obviously the caramel went first

Opposite in this household. Cheese first and never caramel.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So the Colts plan seems to be Winston.

Uh good luck with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

So the Colts plan seems to be Winston.

Uh good luck with that

He got Lasik he's fine