Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Breeze has been great as the top heel of UUDD. And he gets the best burns (seenotalent.mp4)

I 100% watched that entirely to see how mad AJ got, because he is very bad at video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am claiming Youtube as social media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIEYMWFxaJw

AJ Styles is such a sooky baby when it comes to video games. I mean the whole point of UpUpDownDown is to have silly childish fun. But he always takes it so seriously and gets so tantrummy angry when he loses.

I mean, seriously mate, you are playing old video games with your friends who are hooping and hollering and laughing. Why do you care so much when you lose, why do you make schoolyard blaming the tools excuses for your loss, and where the gently caress is your sense of humour?

I suppose it's good he gave up his twitch for the good of the corporate overlords. Because I can't imagine watching him play would have been at all fun or entertaining.

On the other hand, Tyler Breeze is so charismatic. I love the others pantomime booing him. It is a true mystery why WWE couldn't do more with him.

I haven't watched AJ play but I have to assume (hope) that while he probably gets upset at losing at games, he probably turns it up to a higher degree to be that character on UUDD. Kind of like how Dan Ryckert can't possibly be THAT dumb, but he plays it up for the cameras/internet.

I hope. I'm probably wrong.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I haven't watched AJ play but I have to assume (hope) that while he probably gets upset at losing at games, he probably turns it up to a higher degree to be that character on UUDD. Kind of like how Dan Ryckert can't possibly be THAT dumb, but he plays it up for the cameras/internet.

Dan Ryckert is that dumb. So dumb he drove me away from watching majority of GB content

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dan Ryckert is a smarter person than any of us on these forums.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Vandar posted:

Dan Ryckert is a smarter person than any of us on these forums.

That he got a job at WWE is perfect as both keep failing upward in life

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hater in the house!!!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Orange Carlisle posted:

I dunno if Taz has always had a sense of humor or if he's just happy in his job right now but lately he's killing it for sure

There was once a page dedicated to all the weird poo poo Taz used to say doing Velocity commentary.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

smikey posted:

Dan Ryckert is that dumb. So dumb he drove me away from watching majority of GB content

Funny, Dan's departure is pretty much when I started watching GB way less.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What’s an example of Dan’s dumbness since he seems okay in his appearances on the new day podcast? AJ, I think, legit gets mad since he’s broken a couple of controllers when he’s lost.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

What’s an example of Dan’s dumbness since he seems okay in his appearances on the new day podcast?

He recently claimed he had never made a grilled cheese before, then had his wife write instructions on how to make one, then streamed himself making one on twitch.

Even if you somehow live 35 years or whatever and never make a grilled cheese, there's no way you don't know the basic premise of a grilled cheese sandwich.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Things Dan Ryckert has done:

Has multiple Guinness world records
Had the first wedding at the Taco Bell chapel
Is a multiple time published author
Is a former wrestling manager
Defeated his nemesis Jose Canseco in a Kickstarter competition, forcing him to write the foreword for one of Dan's books
Went to a strip club with Mark Henry
Forced Peter Molyneux to review app store fart apps
Worked for years playing and writing about video games, a dream job for many people
Kicked Xavier Woods' rear end in Soul Calibur, winning ten out of ten games, forcing Xavier to eat mayonnaise as a punishment
Somehow ended up in charge of The New Day's podcast

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but we should all wish our lives were even half as exciting and fulfilling as that of Dan Ryckert.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

What’s an example of Dan’s dumbness since he seems okay in his appearances on the new day podcast? AJ, I think, legit gets mad since he’s broken a couple of controllers when he’s lost.

His dream in life is to be an office minion in WWE, an evil company that is absolute misery to work at.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

He thought egg whites were the shells.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

His dream in life is to be an office minion in WWE, an evil company that is absolute misery to work at.

The counterpoint is that he's just there working on podcasts, so I doubt Vince even knows he exists. He gets to avoid most of the bullshit.

Besides, if Vince ever did somehow meet Dan, that ol' Ryckert luck would kick in and he'd be running the entire company within a month.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

When he was in grade school he purposely bombed a vision test because he thought glasses were cool, wore the glasses for years and permanently destroyed his eyesight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vandar posted:

The counterpoint is that he's just there working on podcasts, so I doubt Vince even knows he exists. He gets to avoid most of the bullshit.

Besides, if Vince ever did somehow meet Dan, that ol' Ryckert luck would kick in and he'd be running the entire company within a month.

The glassdoor reviews for WWE make it look like a really lovely company to work for on every level!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Dan lived in San Francisco and insisted that Taco Bell is better Mexican food than anything in the Mission District.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The glassdoor reviews for WWE make it look like a really lovely company to work for on every level!

It's Dan Ryckert. No matter how lovely something is, he always comes out on top. Always.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
yeah Dan creates his own luck. hes really strong

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dan is cool

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if youve watched his stream at all (telling on myself perhaps? Not my problem) you can tell he works really really hard at anything he cares about, which happens to be his career for the majority of his adult life. fail upward much?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

yea ok posted:

if youve watched his stream at all (telling on myself perhaps? Not my problem) you can tell he works really really hard at anything he cares about, which happens to be his career for the majority of his adult life. fail upward much?

yeah thats what i mean when i said creates his own luck, sorry if it seemed like i was saying dan has never worked for anything

the things we see as "lucky" are just the natural endpoints for dan's ambition and drive and all around charisma that opens doors for him

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I do not think he is super smart or anything but he is super dedicated to whatever he puts his mind to. His story of defeating an elementary school bully by digging a pit trap in the playground is some extraordinary galaxy brain poo poo and required a lot of labor for a child.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Ganso Bomb posted:

I haven't watched AJ play but I have to assume (hope) that while he probably gets upset at losing at games, he probably turns it up to a higher degree to be that character on UUDD...

On a Straight Shootin with Punk and Samoa Joe, Joe talks about beating the dogshit out of AJ at video games, to the point where AJ is blowing off stuff and forcing Joe to stay online and play against him so he can try and get his wins back

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Hirez posted:

super big yee-haw, not gonna lie i've watched this like 10x straight

He’s really awesome

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TTBF posted:

I do not think he is super smart or anything but he is super dedicated to whatever he puts his mind to. His story of defeating an elementary school bully by digging a pit trap in the playground is some extraordinary galaxy brain poo poo and required a lot of labor for a child.

where do i get the full story behind this because it sounds incredible

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mob posted:

On a Straight Shootin with Punk and Samoa Joe, Joe talks about beating the dogshit out of AJ at video games, to the point where AJ is blowing off stuff and forcing Joe to stay online and play against him so he can try and get his wins back

I vaguely remember that story, wasn't AJ's now wife in tears because he refused to give up so they could leave?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Dan is also responsible for this leaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseNrUeSmXk

He was also the first person to ask Miyamoto why Mario and Bowser are enemies but go golfing and go-karting together ("They are part of a traveling troupe")

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Neodoomium posted:

He was also the first person to ask Miyamoto why Mario and Bowser are enemies but go golfing and go-karting together ("They are part of a traveling troupe")
Miyamoto breaking kayfabe smdh

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Mob posted:

I remember someone digging up this story about AJ's wife crying because AJ kept losing to Samoa Joe at Tekken and refused to leave a party until he beat Joe back when they had the AJ STYLES I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE I'M GOING TO PAY A LIL VISIT TO YOUR WIFE feud.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

I vaguely remember that story, wasn't AJ's now wife in tears because he refused to give up so they could leave?

Yes they were at Van's Skate Park and AJ's wife just wanted them to leave but AJ was getting whooped at Tekken too bad.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

He was absolutely dumbfounded when he discovered that pirates stole things.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

where do i get the full story behind this because it sounds incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGtHkaVVdxA

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/satomurameiko/status/1355527200720760834

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dan puts 100% into everything he does. The best Giant Bomb content after Ryan Davis passed was Dan just dragging Jeff and Drew into playing the things he wanted to do (Metal Gear Solid and Mario Party) and I know he's playing up his character to some degree but he works hard to make content.

I buy into his stories of never trying mayonnaise, Taco Bell being his favorite food, thinking glasses were cool when he was a kid and faking an eye test then ruining his sight and the Tornado story where he walked out of his dorm and just said "Nope, not dealing with this" and fell asleep in a closet.

He's was a sheltered manchild but he's a great producer and content creator, eventually he's going to end up being the main writer in WWE because that's just the story of Dan Rykert. He's an idiot savant

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't know shyt about Dan.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Cavauro posted:

I don't know shyt about Dan.
cool, thank you for your contribution

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted: