Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Pretty rad dad pad posted:

gentle reminder that the dude you're quoting spent like three years ratting up a titan in dek, never did anything other than rat and complain in that period, then quit in a firestorm of bitchy posts and fled to TEST the instant his ratting system got attacked

the only thing worth giving a poo poo about his opinions on are Guristas

This origin story adds a lot of flavor to their shitposts. It makes reading them less painful and more amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Rhymenoserous posted:

EDIT: I'm looking at Dotlan too and if this is the best TESTCO can do after 9 months of war (And the momentum not only slowing, but turning around) I'm not sure that's the best banger to send my way. At the 9 month point any other org would be sitting in lowsec finding some nullsec to attack at this point.

Yeah, it's mostly panfam salties trying to buff their fleets with their family members/loser friends in ospreys/scimitars in a futile attempt to take more of Delve from our bigdick goonswarm while continuously failing for years on end.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jazzzzz posted:

three things in this life are inevitable

death

taxes

goons touching the poop

It's not "touching the poop" if they're in the loving thread.

It's "feeding the troll".

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Just ignore them and move on. Nothing to be gained from feeding that particular troll.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
A power outage somehow reset my UI settings to defaults. WTF CCP?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Xarn posted:

A power outage somehow reset my UI settings to defaults. WTF CCP?

That's just another day with :ccp: code.

I routinely have to restore my settings folder from backups because it loses the settings for one or two clients. Happens every few weeks :downs:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Guess I will have to start backing up the settings folder as well... This loving game

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Xarn posted:

Guess I will have to start backing up the settings folder as well... This loving game

You don't back up your poo poo? What is this :v:

Even Windows shadow copy or what it's called would do the trick for this stuff.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I backup important things, e.g. not games settings

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Lotta hype for today's M2 ihub defense. Would love to see another all-night titan brawl if they try to extract.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

https://zkillboard.com/related/30005091/202101311200/

JF went afk on a structure that wasn't cored :haw:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Wibla posted:

That's just another day with :ccp: code.

I routinely have to restore my settings folder from backups because it loses the settings for one or two clients. Happens every few weeks :downs:

I'm playing in windowed mode on a 4k tv, and every time I launch I have to resize the window from like 1600x1200 or something tiny, and then blindly click around til I can fix the scaling.

I can't even get it to stick the first time so I can backup the setting

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

MrTargetPractice posted:

I'm kind of in a similar spot. The Kestral is supposed to be the easy new person thing but I've died 3 times and have been very close to dying a bunch. That's which a T2 version on the tank.

I'm pretty sure I've been using proper tactics while fighting them. Primarying drones that do em since thats the kestral resist hole. Kite some, hug others etc etc.

I feel it's another one of those things where the guy who came up with it had perfect skills and was like 'this should work for new characters just fine" because all the pieces fit.

Based on what you've said here no - you're not doing it right.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Wibla posted:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30005091/202101311200/

JF went afk on a structure that wasn't cored :haw:

That capsule makes it 10x better.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Finally got around listening to PGL's town hall speech, and goddamn, that was bad.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Predictions for the m2 timer tonight?

Gonna guess they fight if they have 2:1 odds or better otherwise they’ll go for d-w/ref random other poo poo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve been away from home this weekend, what’s going on in M2?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Potentially, the fight your life.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Alright this is probably a stupid question but what’s the strat of highsec trading between jita and amar? Should I be trying to buy in jita for a more competitive buy order price, then sell in amar where supply is less?

Or is this an obvious “well it depends” type of stupid question?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Alright this is probably a stupid question but what’s the strat of highsec trading between jita and amar? Should I be trying to buy in jita for a more competitive buy order price, then sell in amar where supply is less?

Idk that it's even profitable in most cases. if you don't use a jf it's an insane number of jumps now, and if you use a jf then you have to worry about fuel costs eating your margins on anything that isn't billions of isk worth of assets

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Afaik amarr is largely filled with stuff made in south nullsec and amarr space. People aren’t importing from Jita anymore

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

They reinforced the ihub and we are defending it. I can’t play for a few days so hopefully we win good luck goons

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
What's the actual timer? I assume that the 2000 EVE time is early so the fleets can get formed up, but it is during a time where I can't make time easily, so I don't want to clear up an hour just to sit in station waiting for the real timer :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

The answer is probably "don't bother." When they created the Pochven region, it included Niarja, so it severed the old fast subcap route between Amarr and Jita. Now, there's only two ways to get between the two in a large hauler:

* Take an extremely long gate-to-gate highsec route (45 jumps through 8 regions, GARPA says it'll take 1h40min in a freighter if you're actively piloting)
* Take 3 jumps in a JF, burning ~43M isk worth of isotopes each way

So, you have a choice between "get there fast but spend so much money doing so that it obliterates your profit margin" and "get there so slowly that you have miniscule volume." It really makes more sense to build locally now.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
What do the various shipping services charge these days? Pubbies used to haul in high sec for trivial amounts.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Ynglaur posted:

What do the various shipping services charge these days? Pubbies used to haul in high sec for trivial amounts.

They all charge based on collateral. If you've got lots of low-value high-margin goods (collateral <1.5B), they want 45-50M. If you want to ship anything valuable, it starts getting expensive fast.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
is it possible to just fry up just breadcrumbs? all i have in my pantry is oil and panko

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

is it possible to just fry up just breadcrumbs? all i have in my pantry is oil and panko

:iiam:

if you find some ribs we can tell you how to boil them

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Not really. Buy some chicken breast. If this is too expensive PM Mittens and tell him to SRP you raw boneless chicken via grocery delivery and say it's just giving you your share of the QFC Shopping Channel of Bads.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Don't listen to this, you can fry breadcrumbs

Sometimes to just eat what you have

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Anias posted:

Not really. Buy some chicken breast. If this is too expensive PM Mittens and tell him to SRP you raw boneless chicken via grocery delivery and say it's just giving you your share of the QFC Shopping Channel of Bads.

oh i have chicken, i didn't know you could put breadcrums on those

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

put a dab of sour cream on a chicken breast and then put panko mix (you should really mix it with something spicy maybe???)ontop and bake it that way

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Mix flour with salt and pepper (and garlic powder if you're fancy)
Dip chicken in flour
Dip floured chicken in beaten egg
Dip floured and egged chicken in panko.

Deep fry and enjoy your GFC.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I thought globby was going to recreate Long John Silver's crispies for a moment and there

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's just straight up fried batter

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

PathAsc posted:

you aren't not making a case for them here

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RFC2324 posted:

you aren't not making a case for them here

I would never say bad things about fried batter, it's better than fried bread

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Is there any other kind?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

PathAsc posted:

I would never say bad things about fried batter, it's better than fried bread

i have vread, is fried bread good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Hit and run ganks on carriers in armor battleships is totally a thing