Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Foreperson

If your House is down a pie, good Senator, then perhaps your House should put in the work to bake the pie rather than taking the pie of others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

Senator

Spoken like a man who isn't down a pie!

[sotto voce] By 'pie', they mean 'sticker'. :v:

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Quackles posted:

[sotto voce] By 'pie', they mean 'sticker'. :v:

Sticky, appealing, unhealthy, causes family squabbles... This tracks.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hey, House Gambol - I appreciate that you want to win the Aye vote. It's a noble(?) cause. And don't let me stop you from voting your heart out.

But. Would you be willing to sell your signing rights for the sticker?

Not necessarily to House Daucus - to anyone. I'm curious what you would have to say about that.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 28, 2021

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Senator

The monocled nobleman leans in his seat, listening to the discussion about the doors to the main chamber of the palace. How long ago was it, that he had started his career? Every day in the mirror he sees more gray in his hair, more aches and pains each morning. The King is a younger man than he, and it would be a shame if he had to step down now. Shouldn't he have more time in his role? Is it not our duty to give him that time?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So all that happened.

Accurate?????? Senate Status Report
brought to you by House Daucus

Power/Coins

House Lethe: 9 Power, 9 Coins
House Gambol: 9 Power, 1 Coin
House Pinchay: 2 Power, 20 Coins
House Cyfoeth: 7 Power, 17 Coins
House Daucus: 5 Power, 9 Coins

Pressure Rating

????? - I have no idea how this is going to turn out, especially after House Gambol's bold proclamation.

Hidden Agenda Prediction
The usual warning applies.

Agenda Draft order: 2
House Gambol has completely thrown the cat among the pigeons by insisting that they plan to go all-in on getting the sticker. At the same time, they also insist that they're not Opulent, despite all evidence to the contrary. But then the question arises - what are they? They clearly plan to end the game here and now. A Greedy player would lose out from being low on money. An Opportunist moreso. The most likely choice seems to be Rebel, since they'd get an immediate bonus from an abdication - but I'm still not sure I believe it.

Agenda: Opulent (or Rebel)
Confidence: ### _ _

Agenda Draft order: 1
House Lethe and House Pinchay present an enigma. If House Gambol isn't Opulent, it's most likely that one of them could be, as they had first shots at the pick. However, given their respective actions to date, they're almost acting like they're Opportunist. But who'd pick that first in the draft? I am forced to continue assuming they are Extremist - but if it turns out House Lethe somehow picked Opulent and got us to all... do their job for them somehow, I'm going to eat my socks.
Agenda: Extremist
Confidence: ## _ _ _

Agenda Draft order: 3
House Pinchay is the other candidate for Opulent, and perhaps one that's more likely since they seem more changeable. They do seem focused on Nay now, which makes sense only if they were aiming for the game to continue (which would suggest against it). I’m having a hard time reading them, to be honest. Their low Power and high Coins mean that they don't have much of a say in this Dilemma, unless they bribe someone.
Agenda: Opulent (or Rebel)
Confidence: ## _ _ _

Agenda Draft order: 4
House Cyfoeth is probably Greedy at this point, but it's still a guess. They certainly aren't lacking for Power or Coins. The question is how they'll weigh in on this dilemma...

Agenda: Greedy
Confidence: ### _ _

Agenda Draft order: 5
House Daucus is really, really confused. What do we do now? It looks like the vote is playing out without too much involvement on our part.

Agenda: Why does everyone keep voting Aye and Nay? Why doesn't someone ever vote Nya?
Confidence: Like, Nya.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Councilmember

OOC: Apologies, hectic days.

I'm really confused at the situation right now, with Gambol swinging from Nay to Aye so fast. I do know that our honoured friends of house Lethe seem to be fighting he rest of the Houses, and that House Daucus keeps with their tactics of letting others get their hands dirty, so I would like to hear some offers for House Cyfoeth support.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Fiendly reminder that the deadline to cast your votes is in about 15h :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reign of King Blythe I, Dilemma 4, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 2 Power (current: 4), gains 1 Coins (current: 21).

Votes Aye, spends 9 Power (current: 0), gains 0 Coins (current: 1).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 2 Power (current: 9), gains 1 Coins (current: 18).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 2 Power (current: 7), gains 1 Coins (current: 10).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 2 Power (current: 11), gains 1 Coins (current: 10).

The Ayes have it!

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: 62

Resources and Stability change:

Chronicle stickers:

Updated.

The end of King Blythe I's kingdom.

Houses - Final scores posted:

Hidden Agendas

Hidden Agenda: Opulent(4),14x
Open Agenda(s): no Open Agenda
Final Power: 4
Final Coins: 21(first), 6x
Total: 20 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Rebel(1),9x
Final Power: 0
Final Coins: 1
Total: 9 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Greedy(1),7x
Final Power: 9(second), 1x
Final Coins: 18(second), 6x
Total: 14 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Moderate(4),13x
Open Agenda(s): Knowledge(P)(first), 3x
Final Power: 7
Final Coins: 10(third), 1x
Total: 17 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Extremist(10),10x
Open Agenda(s): Influence(N)
Final Power: 11(first), 2x
Final Coins: 10(third), 1x
Total: 13 Agenda Points

Prestige & Crave
1st place: House Pinchay, Dukes of Gamam, gains
2nd place: House Daucus, Dukes of Olwyn, gains
3rd place: House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden, gains
4th place: House Lethe, Dukes of Natar, gains
Last place: House Gambol, Dukes of Solad, gains
I have updated your House's Sheet with the Prestige/Crave score and updated the Alignment tracker with the Agendas you've picked so far. I've also marked down Achievement progress for the Houses that have managed to do them! These will remain secret until they are complete and will be revealed together with the bonus they provide then.

New King's reign - Setup posted:

Chronicle Aging:

Resource Legacy

Story Legacy

Achievements Legacy

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Inadequately (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono
- Treasurer/Navigator: C...

- Sitting Councilmember: Danaru (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: eliasswift (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: megane
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

Hidden Agendas & Picking Order posted:

The House with the least Prestige is the first to picked, while the House with the most Prestige is the last. During the first game, The order is based on the "nobility" of the House itself, determined by the "House Number" on your House Sheet (the highest the number, the highest the nobility). The picking order for the reign of King Harald V is:
  • First Pick: House Gambol, Dukes of Solad
  • House Lethe, Dukes of Natar
  • House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden
  • House Pinchay, Dukes of Gamam
  • Last Pick: House Daucus, Dukes of Olwyn
:siren::siren::siren:
  • The current Sitting Councilmember for each House has 48h to submit their tiered preference for Hidden Agendas through PM/Email, putting all six in a scale from Tier 1 (want most) to Tier 6 (want least). You will be assigned the first Agenda available according to the picking order. NOTE: one Agenda is removed at random before the first House picks.
  • We need the Name of the next King! Everyone is invited to submit their name of choice itt, the most popular will become the next puppet King!
  • It is time to give KingBlythe I a nice epitaph (even if they most certainly probably are not dead). A few words or a sentence should do! The most popular (or my favorite, in case there's a tie) will be forever engraved in the OP, together with...
  • A picture to represent King Blythe I's portrait in the Hall of Kings. You can grab one online, draw it yourself, paper machè it, the sky is the limit.
The time window is the same for the Agendas. If I get everything before the 48h window, I'll run the update then.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 29, 2021

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden

A sombrely dressed man, stands up in front of the council, and speaks:

"LOL"

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Out second king was Blythe the First;
He was not very far from the worst.
He knew lots of stuff,
But was not very buff.
And now he makes wine 'til he burst.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Would-be Royal Historian (if the thread will have me)

Well, he was clearly a lover of the scholarly faction, so how about Blythe the Patron.

Motto: Qui habuit scriptum rem (He had the write stuff).

As for our next ruler, how about Queen Ilysia?

Edit: Proposed picture for Blythe below.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 29, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ahem, I thank the previous King for his service to our realm. He has certainly done much to improve the research and exploration of our scholars! As such, shall we name him The Scholar?

I, do, however, look forward to the new reign of King Caedmon so that we may have a wise warrior to guard our realm from these dastardly bandits that attacked our soldiery so recently

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I had made a mistake in reporting the Prestige for House Daucus in their sheet...and I had consequently misplaced them in the picking order for Secret Agendas. Pinchay is picking 4th, Daucus 5th :doh:

EDIT: also I had not specified it, but ofc our version of Ankist is an equal opportunity Kingdom (it already is for most titles even in the official book) so a ruling Queen is of course acceptable :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 29, 2021

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yeah, I would have to assume that this abdication is a transition to some kind of military-minded King. Blythe was a man more invested in the arts and sciences. In an era of high stability, he realized he wasn't the right person for the job, and stepped down to let someone more qualified take control of the kingdom. It would have to be a military person, but crucially, it would have to be an military person with a scholarly bent, or else he wouldn't have abdicated power.

Queen Athene has a nice ring to it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, at least my forecasting sheet was more accurate this time.

How 'bout King Blythe the Far-Sighted?

EDIT: Here's how much Prestige and Crave each House has total, so far:

House Daucus:
House Pinchay:
House Cyfoeth:
House Gambol:
House Lethe:

Quackles fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 29, 2021

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I actually love that we named him for the word "Blithe" among other things, and we get this guy everyone believes was measured and thoughtful.

I really like Blythe the Far-Sighted because it gives a small part of me a silly grin.

It's close to naming him "Blythe the unblithe"

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
King Blythe the Heretic :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

King Blythe the Nithe

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

TravelLog posted:

Would-be Royal Historian (if the thread will have me)

Well, he was clearly a lover of the scholarly faction, so how about Blythe the Patron.

Motto: Qui habuit scriptum rem (He had the write stuff).

As for our next ruler, how about Queen Ilysia?

Edit: Proposed picture for Blythe below.

I like all of this, seconded! He financed discovery and expanded knowledge in so many ways.

This is ... probably not a horrible doom omen, right?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

I foresee diplomatic problems in our future.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

C... posted:

I like all of this, seconded! He financed discovery and expanded knowledge in so many ways.

It's a chance for new diplomatic relations and trade, what's not to love?

(Well except for the fact that they don't like us and their army is better equipped)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omobono posted:

It's a chance for new diplomatic relations and trade, what's not to love?

(Well except for the fact that they don't like us and their army is better equipped)

They don't like us because you all insisted on using what now appears to be smuggled goods straight from their stronghold :hmmyes:

Maybe less interfering across our border in the future? Although it seems they may be across OUR border in short order.

Also I stand by King Blythe the Curious, as curiosity killed abdicated the cat

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 29, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bellmaker posted:

Maybe less interfering across our border in the future? Although it seems they may be across OUR border in short order.

OK, generally, agreed. Except: the fortress was already built when we showed up. I think if we didn't find this out we might have had to deal with a surprise invasion down the line.

I do also like Blythe the Patron, btw.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Quackles posted:

OK, generally, agreed. Except: the fortress was already built when we showed up. I think if we didn't find this out we might have had to deal with a surprise invasion down the line.

That's my take on this unfortunate turn of events. Tragic as it is that many soldiers were lost, at least we now have some warning and can prepare for them.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Well, considering our latest story card, I personally like the roleplaying idea that Blythe did not actually get pushed out by us, as much as he technically was.

I enjoy the idea that he sees war on the horizon and abdicated himself to someone he believed was more fit for a military issue.

Blythe the Patron is an awesome title as well.

Lover of history, explorer of the unknown.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

What even are generals, anyway?

__________/

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Sighence posted:

What even are generals, anyway?

We Just Don't Know.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

eliasswift posted:

Blythe the Patron is an awesome title as well.

Now that King Blythe the Patron is retired, he would like you to subscribe to King Blythe, the Patreon.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Interregnum
The bells ring in the Temple of the Mother in Lybra: King Blythe I has stepped down from his seat! Some say that the discovery of the Chalice Peak and Crimson Keep has precipitated the monarch in a veritable research frenzy, and that his attention to the daily tasks of his office had become a second thought to the King. Be it with anticipation or trepidation, what's sure is that the Thanes are looking at the borders of Ankist with much more attention than before and they wish the Crown to match their focus in the days to be.

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline:

Storyline:

• You still have about 18h to send me your House's preferences for Hidden Agendas.
  • Please don't forget to vote for your favorite name for the new King/Quenn since we don't have a decisive lead yet!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 30, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Veryslightlymad posted:

I actually love that we named him for the word "Blithe" among other things, and we get this guy everyone believes was measured and thoughtful.

I really like Blythe the Far-Sighted because it gives a small part of me a silly grin.

It's close to naming him "Blythe the unblithe"

I'm liking this proposal.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Future Navigator

Good evening, distinguished House Lethe. A new reign is always such a turbulent time, is it not? A fresh start for all in Ankist.

As you're next to contemplate agendas after us, what agenda[s] might you like to appear in the hand you're given?

Speaking totally hypothetically, of course.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Maybe if you ask nicely they'll pay you a bribe for a certain hidden agenda... :v:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

C... posted:

Future Navigator

Good evening, distinguished House Lethe. A new reign is always such a turbulent time, is it not? A fresh start for all in Ankist.

As you're next to contemplate agendas after us, what agenda[s] might you like to appear in the hand you're given?

Speaking totally hypothetically, of course.

We serve The Great Mother's agenda.

Blessed be The Mother.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Ilysia I, Dilemma 1
It is a moment of uncertainty in Ankist and the Thanes themselves have had difficulties coming to an agreement on the new Monarch, each faction trying to prove their candidate is the objectively best to lead the Kingdom in these uncharted waters. In the end, after a few failed quorums, the only person to pass muster is one who has previously served the Crown as Royal Marshal. Long live Queen Ilysia I!

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Rulers

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Inadequately (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono
- Treasurer/Navigator: C...

- Sitting Councilmember: Danaru (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: eliasswift (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: megane
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

Dilemma1 posted:

Resources:

Stakes:

The Kingdom of Mhuir posted:

Ankist shares a border with Mhuir to the northwest. The two kingdoms used to be almost comparable in size a few decades back, but Mhuir is now much smaller after they lost a war against Ankist in the year 143. Still, it is culturally and technologically more advanced.

The lands of Solad, Blodyn and Tyrill were once part of Mhuir. In the year 143, nobles of Tyrill rebelled against the Mhuirian Kingdom after the crown tried to force them to share and redistribute their riches with the rest of the Kingdom; Ankist was quick to support the rebels and after the bloody war of 143, Tyrill was annexed to Ankist and those nobles were granted the title of Marquis. The land ruled by the Dukes of Blodyn and the Dukes of Solad was also annexed at the end of the war, after Mhuir was defeated, as part of the peace accords.

For reference, it was around year 170 when King Harald V was crowned.

A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jan 31, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sitting Councilmember

The decision here seems simple. I'm not about to say we can entirely trust Mhuir, but without their grain, our people will starve to death. I say we take the grain, even as a gamble at least the peasants will have a chance.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Danaru posted:

Sitting Councilmember

The decision here seems simple. I'm not about to say we can entirely trust Mhuir, but without their grain, our people will starve to death. I say we take the grain, even as a gamble at least the peasants will have a chance.

Treasurer

We concur. We are suspicious of the offer (they probably will want a favor or something in return in the future), but letting our people starve is unacceptable.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Sitting councilmember

In House Gambol's experience, one buys what one pays for. Grain this cheap means our neighbour is trying to take advantage of our queendom somehow or that there's something wrong with the wheat they want to sell.
Also, those were our former countrymen, no way they can afford to make their wheat so cheap. We should know.

I think we should refuse this suspicious offer and solve the famine some other way. No matter how cheap this offer is, it won't be worth it.

On the other hand, if the council wants to get fleeced and buy what in the best case scenario is some food way past sell date who are we to interfere.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Omobono posted:

Sitting councilmember

In House Gambol's experience, one buys what one pays for.

Navigator

I agree, cousin - the wheat is likely rancid, or tiny stones painted yellow, or stolen from a giant evil red fortress.
Still, I don't like sitting by and doing nothing.

If we do buy the wheat, which house is willing to Inspect it? Someone must put their credibility on the line, should this become a scandal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Second Cousin Thrice Removed

Dames and Sirs, it seems that there is no good answer here. I trust not these vengeful foreigners not to cause unrest in our lands by poisoning the wheat or infiltrating spies and propaganda into our lands in the shipments. Likewise, we can't do nothing while our peasentry starves. Hard work deserves reward, not starvation for no fault of their own. I fear that I myself am unable to find a solution to this Dilemma and hope the council chooses wisely for our people