Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NFC North: The Lions Prefer to Goff on Sundays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

None of the jynxing matters because the Packers will hit the Nfc championship again only to lose to Matt Stafford and the Rams. It is inevitable.

yeah it';s probably this.

McVay made goff look good. What on earth is he going to do with an actual real qb

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

fringe benefit of the trade for stafford, not having to play against zimmer-coached defenses or Khalil Mack four times a year

though now he must traverse california, the Land of Bosas

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

SourKraut posted:

NFC North: The Lions Prefer to Goff on Sundays

NFC North: Turn your head and Goff

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Does Jared Goff even know what Menards is?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pops Mgee posted:

Does Jared Goff even know what Menards is?

He will learn.

About saving big money.

*frightening guitar riffs play*

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Is Goff really that bad/hopeless?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Comfortador posted:

He's going from basically the best possible situation for him to, uh, not that.

The Lions are not gonna be a good team and much as we might like Campbell, he's no McVay.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Comfortador posted:

Yes, he's marginal starter / competent backup tier on his best day. Sean McVay is a wizard for making him look occasionally competent. The Lions might still be able to win some games with him if Dan Campbell gets the team fired up and has a decent offensive staff, but they'll be winning in spite of Jared Goff, not because of him. He'll probably be an adequate stopgap while the Lions un-gently caress themselves, but they'll absolutely need to upgrade eventually.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Comfortador posted:

He has had some terrible years, some mediocre years and one good year when Sean McVay was running over everyone with his wide zone scheme.

He's a tier below Cousins imo. Needs a strong supporting cast and everything to go right to do well but I don't expect him to ball out like Cousins can on occasion.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Gonz posted:

He will learn.

About saving big money.

*frightening guitar banjo riffs play*

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eld8pogfI18

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Comfortador posted:

someone post a bunch of footage of goff standing there placidly while mcvay does all the pre-snap reads for him

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Golf probably isn’t hopeless but he’s going into a clear rebuild so don’t get your hope up

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

remember when the niners were offering two seconds and two thirds

lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If the Lions win 6 games I'll be stunned

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Pops Mgee posted:

None of the jynxing matters because the Packers will hit the Nfc championship again only to lose to Matt Stafford and the Rams. It is inevitable.

:sickos:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
After sleeping on this I realize the bears should have offered the same picks + foles for stafford

Somehow goff is gonna end up on the bears instead

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I don’t think the TittyKisser’s going to be back. :qq:

the more i think about this the more i am convinced trubes will be back next year. The bears have no money to offer a (bad) FA, they can't outbid anyone on a trade, and on trubisky's side, the bears are literally the only team in the NFL where he can start and try to build up his value as a free agent. It makes too much sense.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Sportrac says Lions can cut Goff after the 2022 season with $0 cap hit, so maybe he is the perfect fit for a rebuild. Young and talented enough to potentially turn it around, but easy enough to eject if he doesn’t. His cap hit of $25.5M in 2022 probably means Detroit doesn’t go QB with their first pick this year, right?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Slowpoke! posted:

Sportrac says Lions can cut Goff after the 2022 season with $0 cap hit, so maybe he is the perfect fit for a rebuild. Young and talented enough to potentially turn it around, but easy enough to eject if he doesn’t. His cap hit of $25.5M in 2022 probably means Detroit doesn’t go QB with their first pick this year, right?

Depends entirely on who is there and if they like him. Odds are they'll be picking in the same area next year and with the extra first as trade ammo. They can and should be patient.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
I don't think the Lions should be in draft now mode for a qb because you can't really sit a talented rookie behind Jared Goff and have him learn anything good

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

R.D. Mangles posted:

the more i think about this the more i am convinced trubes will be back next year. The bears have no money to offer a (bad) FA, they can't outbid anyone on a trade, and on trubisky's side, the bears are literally the only team in the NFL where he can start and try to build up his value as a free agent. It makes too much sense.

https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1355745547873886208

Here we are now, entertain us

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ghosthorse posted:

I don't think the Lions should be in draft now mode for a qb because you can't really sit a talented rookie behind Jared Goff and have him learn anything good

if fields or wilson falls into their laps i think they might want to go for it, but goff definitely isn't good enough to just sit a rookie all year. if the team starts out 0-4 and they have a rookie QB on the bench everyone will be calling for the rookie.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Lions are gonna get crushed regardless, we play the AFC North and NFC West next year. Good chance we don't win more than a handful of games.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The bears will overpay for Winston while bringing Trubs back and we’ll replay last year’s offseason.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Bird in a Blender posted:

The bears will overpay for Winston while bringing Trubs back and we’ll replay last year’s offseason.

You're not going to pay Winston, Trubisky, AND Foles. And you can't get rid of Foles yet because of his contract. So if this pans out, and like the Stafford "discussions" there's no guarantee it will, then they'll let Trubs walk as a free agent, go with Winston as the starter and Foles as the stupidly overpaid backup.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jng2058 posted:

You're not going to pay Winston, Trubisky, AND Foles. And you can't get rid of Foles yet because of his contract. So if this pans out, and like the Stafford "discussions" there's no guarantee it will, then they'll let Trubs walk as a free agent, go with Winston as the starter and Foles as the stupidly overpaid backup.

Bears QB next season:

Starter: Mitch Trubisky
Backup: Somehow a second Mitch Trubisky?
Third String: It turns out that Halas Hall has been running an illegal cloning facility and doing nothing but churning out Mitch Trubiskys but this is the one that didn't turn out so great like the hey steve you want some pizza i keep some in my wallet clone from multiplicity and this one is on the Practice Squad
Draft Pick: Moving up to take Mitch Trubisky

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C-Euro posted:

FWIW I think Stafford was more agreeable to Matt Patricia than just about any player on the team, so the idea of having a new coach in Detroit was maybe not something that did anything for him. Not that I have reason to believe there was any animosity in this trade.

Update on this:
https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/1355930247951220743

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Winston on the Bears would be hilarious.

“You thought Jay Cutler was a turnover machine? Get a load of this!”

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

First reaction: ummmmmm, what?!

Second reaction: oh poo poo, Patricia is back there. :lol:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

First reaction: ummmmmm, what?!

Second reaction: oh poo poo, Patricia is back there. :lol:

MATT STAFFORD IS A HERO

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

lol shows you what I know.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Not only is Patricia back in NE, but why would he want to go to a team with even LESS talent on the offensive side of the ball.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Came here to post this.

lol forever. Stafford owns.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

BGrifter posted:

Stafford owns.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

BGrifter posted:

Stafford owns.

always did, what a king.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Actually yeah on that front the Lions fans can just cheer for the Rams this coming season if the Lions are terrible, kind of like what the Patriots fans did with Brady.

This is really good for me since the Rams are my #2 team :toot:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PupsOfWar posted:

well, what would you do if you were chicago

i don't think they will shell out for watson (jets and dolphins picks are more valuable, so the bears would have to throw in ~more picks, I assume)

jimmy g?
ryan fitzpatrick??
gardner minshew???

Deshaun Watson :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

NFC North: Turn your head and Goff

NFC North: The Team of Goff is Empty