Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Defusing a sarin gas doll + pipe bomb in a wind tunnel in The Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I watched 20 minutes of outside the wire and I'm angry and feel insulted. That movie dumb as gently caress.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Samadhi posted:

Is that up near Laona

Nah not quite that bumfuck

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

season four of the expanse is loving terrible

LeeMajors posted:

Defusing a sarin gas doll + pipe bomb in a wind tunnel in The Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMVnCL50SgQ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Reminder that MI6 faked intelligence on Iraqi chemical weapons based on things they saw in The Rock to support our dumbass president

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

season four of the expanse is loving terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMVnCL50SgQ

It would be good if they ignored the Naomi family bullshit and focussed more on my mans Amos. The next season should be good.

Shame Cas Anvar is a weird sex pest.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Every time I’ve given atropine it’s been far less dramatic.

I looked it up on cdc.gov and atropine can be given IM for even severe exposures. Not sure why the 90s obsessed over direct cardiac injections.

Sadly it recommends 2-6mg IM q5-10 “until secretions dry up” so....

I’ve never been on an ambulance with more than like 8mg atropine on-board, and that was in the bizarre days of slamming it alternately with epi on refractory bradycardic PEA arrests. I think I currently have 4mg (2x prefilled syringes) on my truck.

2PAM doses are even more ridiculous.

God I love The Rock so loving much.

Spoeank posted:

Reminder that MI6 faked intelligence on Iraqi chemical weapons based on things they saw in The Rock to support our dumbass president

Now watch this drive

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADE_651

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The US gov and several state governments bought millions of doses of HCQ for covid.

One day I may actually accidentally kill myself with an aggressively monstrous facepalm.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

So my siblings and I have started doing a movie night via Zoom on Saturdays. Tonight we watched Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter and drat I needed those laughs.

That movie is amazing, my friend was taking a Film Crit class as a gen ed at the time and wrote his final paper on that movie. So many wtf moments and have yet to see any moviecentric podcast cover it. Wtf HDTGM?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I haven't seen it, but it'd be nice to have a turn where Jesus is actually the undead vampire a la the book I Am Legend

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Watching Unhinged. My mans Rusty is looking thick. Needs to try some crossfit or some keto or something, drat.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Its 9 degrees here. When it gets super cold*, do you ever just step outside for a minute to breathe it in?

I like how quiet it is at night when the temperature drops down this low. The moon is full and the snow on the ground is practically glowing.

*yes, we all know [Midwestern poster], this isn't really that cold to you.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I do. It’s really nice.

Somehow it wakes me up nicely when it’s the morning, but also relaxes me at night when I want to sleep.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I do enjoy the minute or two when I take my dog out before bed, just putzing up and down our empty street in the chilly air.

What I don't like is how dry my skin gets when the temperature is close to or below freezing. Especially my hands, which dry out to the point where my skin cracks and bleeds and I spend every winter with a low baseline of agony. No hand cream that I can get in stores can effectively fight it. It stinks!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

C-Euro posted:

I do enjoy the minute or two when I take my dog out before bed, just putzing up and down our empty street in the chilly air.

What I don't like is how dry my skin gets when the temperature is close to or below freezing. Especially my hands, which dry out to the point where my skin cracks and bleeds and I spend every winter with a low baseline of agony. No hand cream that I can get in stores can effectively fight it. It stinks!

I love the air when I take my dog out to poo and pee before bed in the winter. That plus the silence. So crisp and clean and pure.

When I worked outside in the winter I would have a band aid on 3-6 knuckles at a time because of my dogshit skin. I tried a lot of stuff that just sorta helped but was SUPER greasy. This stuff helped me a lot: https://eczemahoneyco.com/

I got a free sample of it from a friend and it turns out a buddy of mine from high school owns the company

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

C-Euro posted:

No hand cream that I can get in stores can effectively fight it. It stinks!

If you haven't yet, try Working Hands. I think they sell it at Walmart. My wife gets really dry hands in the winter and she said this has done wonders.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

Every time I’ve given atropine it’s been far less dramatic.

I looked it up on cdc.gov and atropine can be given IM for even severe exposures. Not sure why the 90s obsessed over direct cardiac injections.

That one scene in Pulp Fiction.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Quiet Feet posted:

Its 9 degrees here. When it gets super cold*, do you ever just step outside for a minute to breathe it in?

I like how quiet it is at night when the temperature drops down this low. The moon is full and the snow on the ground is practically glowing.

*yes, we all know [Midwestern poster], this isn't really that cold to you.

I feel ya. I live in ND, 9 loving sucks, especially if any wind is involved. We've been lucky this year, has been incredibly mild.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

it's me, I've lived outside of the U.S. long enough to have lost bearings on what fahrenheit temperatures are really referring to. 0 freezing, 30 too hot, 20 just about right, it's not hard to learn you guys.

it tried snowing in Tokyo last week but we're too low elevation/close to the water to get anything more than sputters of flakes. and because of COVID this year I'm probably not getting a chance to go skiing. Booooooo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
metric is better than imperial but i will never give up fahrenheit. celsius is loving stupid

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

metric is better than imperial but i will never give up fahrenheit. celsius is loving stupid

you really should, the granularity of Fahrenheit is overrated. and for places where it matters (like setting an air conditioner/heater) they usually let you go in half-degrees, so.

even the loving fail-rear end Brits use Celsius now, we're literally the only hold-outs and it's from pure boomer stubbornness.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

That one scene in Pulp Fiction.

Oh totally (I’m not that young), it just seemed to have a little revival for bit.

I looked into it a bit and it seems to have tapered off in the 70s as a med route. I guess Tarantino sparked it up again because it’s, uh, very dramatic.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Is gladly switch to Celsius only because it actually makes sense. Fahrenheit is just some made up scale.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is gladly switch to Celsius only because it actually makes sense. Fahrenheit is just some made up scale.

The only advantage Fahrenheit seems to enjoy is that it roughly approximates human living conditions better between 0-100F.

It sucks poo poo for basically all other standards and constants.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/skateintraffic/status/1355731506895986691

In a better world this guy would have spent 10 seasons making the pro bowl as a special teamer in the 90's.

There's a bunch of stuff going on here, you notice something new every time.

e: noticed if you click the video the forums seem to want to redirect you to the entire 800 post thread, click on the top part to get to the man charging a police line with his head.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 31, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

The only advantage Fahrenheit seems to enjoy is that it roughly approximates human living conditions better between 0-100F.

It sucks poo poo for basically all other standards and constants.

Yeah, fahrenheit is great for weather.

100 = hot
69 = nice
32 = pretty drat cold
0 = oh gently caress

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Kelvin motherfuckers

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

C-Euro posted:

It usually doesn't bother me unless we go weeks of single digits but my wife and especially my daughter get really dry skin on their hands. Have you tried Aquaphor? Kiddo's preschool teacher recommended it last year and it seems to do the trick.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Badger balm hand salve. I tried a lot of stuff that did nothing, but badger balm will always heal up my skin then keep it from get dried out and cracked.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My sister in law is starting to ask my wife baby shower questions. The plan is to do something in April. My wife has been hoping that the pandemic would he more under control in time for the shower, but that's not going to happen. She is asking me what I think would be safe.

A traditional baby shower is obviously a non starter. Have you guys come across any good, safe ideas for stuff like this during the pandemic that aren't just a zoom call?

So far I'm thinking:

- Outdoors in a park
- Masks required
- Have a very small group that hangs out with my wife the whole time (her mom and sisters)
- Drop in style. Stagger the attendance of other guests and have people only hang out for like 10-15 mins at a time. The other option would be drive-by style where people just hang out in their car which would enforce the social distancing.
- Any snacks are individually wrapped

The other option would be to do a hybrid where we have the small group with my wife and we do the rest on zoom.

I'm tying to figure out something that will be safe but still fun for my wife :sigh: Any other thoughts?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Midsommar themed baby shower

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Yeah, fahrenheit is great for weather.

100 = hot
69 = nice
32 = pretty drat cold
0 = oh gently caress

40 = hot
20 = nice
10 = chilly
0 = watch for snow

Not gonna keep badgering on it but it’s not so different or difficult, with the advantage of being used by literally every other country.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
lol at all you people thinking of temperature in terms of degree scales when you should really be thinking of it as a component of entropy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

harperdc posted:

40 = hot
20 = nice
10 = chilly
0 = watch for snow

Not gonna keep badgering on it but it’s not so different or difficult, with the advantage of being used by literally every other country.

What kind of 80 grade for baseball prospects rear end system is this. Fahrenheit for ambient temp is mostly 0-100, and is great for base 10 monkey brains... like the metric system

0 (zero tens) = cold as hell
100 (ten tens) = hot as hell

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Midsommar themed baby shower

lol now I'm just picturing my wife in the flower dress

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The problem with Celsius is 69 isn't used whereas it's perfectly nice in F

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Bird in a Blender posted:

All temperature scales are made up.

Celsius just picked water as its 0-100 :ssh:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

My sister in law is starting to ask my wife baby shower questions. The plan is to do something in April. My wife has been hoping that the pandemic would he more under control in time for the shower, but that's not going to happen. She is asking me what I think would be safe.

A traditional baby shower is obviously a non starter. Have you guys come across any good, safe ideas for stuff like this during the pandemic that aren't just a zoom call?

So far I'm thinking:

- Outdoors in a park
- Masks required
- Have a very small group that hangs out with my wife the whole time (her mom and sisters)
- Drop in style. Stagger the attendance of other guests and have people only hang out for like 10-15 mins at a time. The other option would be drive-by style where people just hang out in their car which would enforce the social distancing.

The other option would be to do a hybrid where we have the small group with my wife and we do the rest on zoom.

I'm tying to figure out something that will be safe but still fun for my wife :sigh: Any other thoughts?

Do it in the driveway. Set up a table for guests to drop gifts on. Your wife and her mom and bestie or whoever are at another table 10 feet away.

Individual drinks and meals on paper plates with disposable utensils are on another table.

Guests drive up at staggered times, have a bite, a quick chat, and drop their gift. They can even play some weird shower game before they go. Put their guess for baby weight in the jar. Drop a nice note to her to read after delivery. All that jazz.

That’s how I’ve seen bridal and baby showers going recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ehud posted:

So far I'm thinking:

- Outdoors in a park
- Masks required