Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
looking forward to when the press starts calling this the Biden administration in order to distance Harris from it's colossal failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

*clears throat*

Bernie Panders

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reminder if you donated a single cent to him he essentially forwarded it (along with your email address) to the Dems

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/johnpavlovitz/status/1355872540971962370?s=19

This is going to be the excuse for every lie and failing over the next 2 years

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Bitchnie Shitders

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

remembering the early trump admin days when trump supporters blamed everything on obama or said he did the same thing

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/reneeygraham/status/1355512777192910848?s=20

lol at the idea that biden would ever abandon republicans– he almost became one in 1972 and has been fighting for their approval ever since

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Trump signed the checks

Twice

:sad:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Why would Biden speak out against the party he campaigned for in 2018?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biden hugging republicans, kissing republicans, in bed with a Republican

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It sounds like that 1% is wiggle room for the "one of the good ones" argument, but with people who disagree with them, because they know that they'd get swamped with people posting old tweets from their timelines.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My favorite part about the 1400 thing is they're saying out loud this is the last dime you're getting from us if you're lucky

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

idle thought: warren's letter about evil reddit flash mobs had that line about ensuring stock prices reflect "fundamentals" and "intrinsic" value.

what the gently caress does that mean?

I was kind of under the impression that in the free market, everything is intrinsically worth what the purchaser is willing to pay for it. is a capitalist to her bones proposing... price controls, except just for stocks?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

i hate the democrats

Me too

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Phone posted:

modstars: not even once
mods or iks please change the succzone or cspam subtitle to obama is one of the worst monsters to ever live tia

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Fleetwood posted:

https://twitter.com/reneeygraham/status/1355512777192910848?s=20

lol at the idea that biden would ever abandon republicans– he almost became one in 1972 and has been fighting for their approval ever since

maybe it was a dumb loving pledge from the jump and this was all completely foreseeable

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

starting to think AOC is trying to fool people about what the Democrats are

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

idle thought: warren's letter about evil reddit flash mobs had that line about ensuring stock prices reflect "fundamentals" and "intrinsic" value.

what the gently caress does that mean?

I was kind of under the impression that in the free market, everything is intrinsically worth what the purchaser is willing to pay for it. is a capitalist to her bones proposing... price controls, except just for stocks?

it doesn't mean anything, it's just responsible sounding words

its all about sounding like a good parent, capitalism is mother and must be listened to

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

monie flimfanders

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Oh my god gently caress YOU

I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID

WHAT THE gently caress

NO WAY OUT THROUGH ELECTORALISM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

mods or iks please change the succzone or cspam subtitle to obama is one of the worst monsters to ever live tia

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

if you like your poverty, you can keep it

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
its clear the dems have their messaging pipeline on lockdown because these people change their tune very quickly. but like, drat, i dont really think its doing anything for their imagine if all you do is sound like you're making excuses

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Then: $2000 checks first day
Now: $1400 maybe eventually
Future: $20 means-tested Biden-Harris merch credit

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/sorenemile/status/1355565107825180678

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

GoLambo posted:

its clear the dems have their messaging pipeline on lockdown because these people change their tune very quickly. but like, drat, i dont really think its doing anything for their imagine if all you do is sound like you're making excuses

it is funny that the entire messaging apparatus isn't worried about kids in cages, coronavirus or whatever else they are just mobilizing full force to turn $2000 into $1400.

There must be some internal polling about how many people thought/think they were getting a $2000 check like the dems explicitly promised in no uncertain terms. All those giant tweet messages about "Building on the downpayment" with "$1400" in giant font is downright propaganda.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Healthcare pls

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

galenanorth posted:

It sounds like that 1% is wiggle room for the "one of the good ones" argument, but with people who disagree with them, because they know that they'd get swamped with people posting old tweets from their timelines.

from the replies:

https://twitter.com/mollymozzyrelly/status/1355811828182503425

imagine seeing someone whose av is a cartoon of themselves with pink hair, replying to them with their bio reading "commie" and "capitalism kills" on the right side of your screen, and being this thoroughly confident in your conviction that this person loves Donald Trump and believes everything he says

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
"Instead of spending a bunch of money to make everyone love us, wouldn't it be cheaper to spend 2/3 that much to make everyone hate us?"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Now it's "up to $1,000"

Lol

Lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

shyduck posted:

My favorite part about the 1400 thing is they're saying out loud this is the last dime you're getting from us if you're lucky

this is what it comes down to for me

like, it's less that Biden is rules-lawyering one of his loudest campaign promises -- he's doing that for several of them, after all. It's more that they are arguing in favor of giving people less money, for no justification other than that they think people don't deserve 600 more dollars, and they think they are progressives because they are doing so in defense of a guy with a (D) after his name

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Now it's "up to $1,000"

Lol

Lmao

and this, yeah

give them an inch and they'll take a mile

teacher_man
Feb 11, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

starting to think AOC is trying to fool people about what the Democrats are

employees of

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

Now it's "up to $1,000"

Lol

Lmao

Lmfao

:d2a:

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

gradenko_2000 posted:

Now it's "up to $1,000"

Lol

Lmao

Lol that they're debating a measly one time payment of $1000 nearly one year into the pandemic.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

Now it's "up to $1,000"

Lol

Lmao

how about uhhhh 250 dollar checks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

how about uhhhh 250 dollar checks

You already got the 600 as a downpayment so adding 400 to that makes it 1,000

DO THE MATH

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/johnpavlovitz/status/1355872540971962370?s=19

This is going to be the excuse for every lie and failing over the next 2 years
all the liberals still want to be trump reply guys lmao

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
I'm morbidly curious to see how stimulus checks of less than $1400 are explained away by lib defenders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

lil poopendorfer posted:

I'm morbidly curious to see how stimulus checks of less than $1400 are explained away by lib defenders

manchin wouldnt let us