Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

kramer reads artofmanliness.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea I waz just thinking I'm super into hipster Elaine there.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Jason Alexander go on Cumtown

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

FilthyImp posted:

One interesting thing is that the proliferation of makeup brands and new makeup techniques have had an aging up effect on people while maintaining a sense of youth. I think I've mentioned this before, but 90s makeup was eyeliner, lipstick, maybe some blush and eyeshadow? Now we have a color-corrector for blemishes and eyebags, an all-over foundation matched to our skin's subtones, hilights, contours, etc. It's a lot more "art" in makeup, and as a result you have teens that look like they skipped their awkward phase, and 20-30 somethings with a perpetual Kylie Jenner look.

I wasn’t allowed to use any makeup beyond the weird plastic fake-makeup toys or glittery lip gloss until I was 16. A few years ago when I was student teaching, middle schoolers had full contour and highlight. Social media has definitely normalized kids wearing makeup 24/7 so they’ll be TikTok ready.

Here’s a 1988 Cosmo makeover tutorial that details the ‘90s glamour of using a chunky pencil to draw bigger eyes around your eyes, never using foundation that actually matches your skin tone (even if you were melanin-deficient enough that makeup companies actually made your shade), and punishing your hair until you’re Kelly Bundy: https://youtu.be/6rM-fsRiUrg

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I'm a real man that wears carharts, work boots a hard hat and hi-vis shirt to work. :v:

Also never watched or gave a gently caress about seinfeld, but still had the hots for elaine.

My dad and I watched The Allan Freed Story this weekend and he was all like "Yeah, it was all pretty much suits and ties for dudes, and dresses/skirts for women back in the day". In the case of the movie, we're talking late 50s - early 60s.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

I feel like the bottom two looks didn’t last long.

Two/three years ago you would see a lot of people with that side undercut.

It was fading before COVID and I think COVID killed that trend.

But I am an East Coaster so who knows how it is elsewhere.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Spotted at my grocery store today:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

oh wow they got that price all wrong

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I asked our grocery manager to get it in but we ended up getting store branded tiramasu instead.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Spoeank posted:

Man I'm lucky I grabbed mine before they fixed the pricing error!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Spoeank posted:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Looks like we can finally replace the Drake meme format

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

So did you clean out their entire stock?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

On the subject of 1990s adult styles, I've been converting old VHS tapes to DVD. Almost totally for the commercials.

This one took me back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsb3g5BbYi8

Everything's so ridiculously formal.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So did you clean out their entire stock?

There were only two, I grabbed one of them. So half their stock.

:lol:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I must be tired, I saw the company's abbreviation on the price tag and read it as God Hammer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I must be tired, I saw the company's abbreviation on the price tag and read it as God Hammer.

Viennetta by God Hammer would truly be the most luxurious, metal dessert ever devised.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“Viennetta, now with 45% more Czernobog!”

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

I live in Seattle so I see people with variations on the hipster Elaine look every day.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

*in Shang Tsung voice*

IT HAS BEGUN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6E3xem_c2w

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I waz just thinking I'm super into hipster Elaine there.

Yeah that's not a bad look for her

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Fido Dido, and don't you forget it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Careful with the WandaVision spoilers.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Spoeank posted:

So I'm curious, these things never left Australia but.. is the US getting the same product?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Croccers posted:

So I'm curious, these things never left Australia but.. is the US getting the same product?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_0SZ20lu0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFneFLBADzY

Completely forgot this company ever existed. It was an ersatz Circuit City/Best Buy competitor based in the south.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

There’s a desk at my parents’ house that still has our Prodigy ID written inside the drawer.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Splint Chesthair posted:

There’s a desk at my parents’ house that still has our Prodigy ID written inside the drawer.
This immediately sent me back into Prodigy memories, specifically Mad Maze. I couldn't remember the name of the game, so I googled "prodigy maze game".

That led me to this article:
https://mashable.com/article/prodigy-online-madmaze/

And that linked right back to SA with a full Let's Play:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3858305

Surprisingly shallow rabbit hole.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

You know... I should've done so and just walked away forever.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I definitely didn't. In fact, if memory serves I was playing the educational game Thinkin' Science ZAP! at the time and learning about electricity

Only registered members can see post attachments!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I probably did, but not out of fear of Y2K, but more because I was depressed and and alone so I just wanted to sleep through NYE.

edit: it’s okay though because the loneliness bit began to change like a week later :unsmith: I’ve been with my wife for 21 years as of Tuesday

root beer has a new favorite as of 00:38 on Feb 5, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

https://youtu.be/wmin5WkOuPw

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Disappointed that the linked video wasn’t the actual soundtrack to that image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I really wish the Headbone Zone of Yahooligans had been backed up fully.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Croccers posted:

Australia definitely used to have the 'real' Vienetta, but at some point in the last few years Streets switched to the 'dairy dessert' variant from Portugal. There's a lot of extremely angry reviews on promuctreview.com.au from mid 2020 onwards which all mention the change in flavour and consistency, but who knows how much of that is based on recent experience or what they half remember from when they last ate a Vienetta in 1992 at their parents' dinner party, maybe accompanied by a House of Robert Timms French Press coffee and an After Eight after dinner mint.

It seems that Vienetta in the UK is still produced with real ice cream. It's what we get in Finland but I'm not sure where else it's sold.

Vienetta is a world of contrasts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Creature posted:

Australia definitely used to have the 'real' Vienetta, but at some point in the last few years Streets switched to the 'dairy dessert' variant from Portugal. There's a lot of extremely angry reviews on promuctreview.com.au from mid 2020 onwards which all mention the change in flavour and consistency, but who knows how much of that is based on recent experience or what they half remember from when they last ate a Vienetta in 1992 at their parents' dinner party, maybe accompanied by a House of Robert Timms French Press coffee and an After Eight after dinner mint.

It seems that Vienetta in the UK is still produced with real ice cream. It's what we get in Finland but I'm not sure where else it's sold.

Vienetta is a world of contrasts.

I'd say it's entirely possible, considering Cadbury chocolate is also a world of contrasts. Ours in Australia is good, but in the US it's apparently garbage-quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
In the US Cadbury is generally just associated with Easter because of the eggs. I'm pretty sure they're always kind of, y'know, around, but not a brand name on anyone's mind until Easter.