Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

some plague rats posted:

My aesthetic preference is the only one that matters because I'm the main character of reality

surely 5'11" and lithe will go out of style any day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

duz posted:

are you suggesting that models normally are hired based on their merits?

Yes? Are you suggesting that most models get their jobs from family connections?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

:69snypa:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

Fashion week starting up and suddenly all the models are 6'3" with logger's arms. Everyone pretends to be mad at me but they're all secretly relieved. lathe of heaven baby

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Unless posted:

posting praxis music so we can pull out of this spiral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RDcDo4m2Lw

tired: praxis music
wired: firaxis music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x0p_yB3cUk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i say swears online posted:

5'11" on the short end for most modeling, to say nothing of the tattoos

fortunately her sinecure for the big modeling agency is "brand ambassador"

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dr. Killjoy posted:

remembering a 60 + year old finance guy professor who tried to impress us by saying he liked Weird Al

That's pretty awesome tbh. My econ professor worked for the last presidential administration.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol
https://www.businessinsider.com/activist-meena-harris-building-social-justice-empire-2020-5

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Oscar Wild posted:

That's pretty awesome tbh. My econ professor worked for the last presidential administration.

I also had a marketing professor who worked as a PR flack for Qatar when they were making their FIFA bid and presented his work as a case study

of course zero mentions of labor issues in the construction of their Tower of Babel stadiums

was a business degree worth it? probably not. did I get to meet a wide range of weird perverts that enriched the experience and my understanding of the world? yes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRuQbz1QpHo

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gripweed posted:

Yes? Are you suggesting that most models get their jobs from family connections?

im suggesting that a job based on looks isnt a meritocracy
i dont know what to call it but winning the genetic lottery doesnt seem merit based

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

duz posted:

winning the genetic lottery

:yikes:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Is she sufficiently hot? Am I allowed to get a boner?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

duz posted:

im suggesting that a job based on looks isnt a meritocracy
i dont know what to call it but winning the genetic lottery doesnt seem merit based

what do you think merit is, if not circumstance?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

BONGHITZ posted:

Is she sufficiently hot? Am I allowed to get a boner?
She's banging bro. Where's the babes in politics thread I gotta post

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
hosed up that horny is prohibited online but legal in the business world

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Some real page 69 posting here

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought that tweet was about the other Harris tho, the stepdaughter until I googled and got the business insider article

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Hollandia posted:

Some real page 69 posting here

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
turn on incognito mode to search "kamela" and the 2nd result is "kamela harris step daughter"

maybe take a step back and let it lie for a while before furiously attacking a girl who got a modeling contract for looking a certain way on TV since as we all know real models only get hired after building up their work experience in the facelift mines.

also lol anyone thinking modeling/acting is somehow a merit based industry only filled by true hard working souls who know the value of their labor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she wasn't even hired as a model you freaks. a model has to actually do work, which goes against the entire point of nepotism.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Modeling doesn't have to be a meritocratic industry for Ella Emhoff to also have been picked because of her proximity to the White House

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

GoutPatrol posted:

tired: praxis music
wired: firaxis music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x0p_yB3cUk

p. sure civ2 primed everyone for fully automated luxury communism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVz_eDUTjAI

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

isnt this biden's daughter's grift?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TimNielsenDay/status/1352323822070894592

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
She looks like any other oh so quirky young white girl. So what could possibly set her apart from them to be chosen for a "brand ambassador" position, besides being connected to rich and powerful people?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

are people defending a model?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I personally dont care about this one chick as long as she isn’t literally balls deep in white house government poo poo robbing us blind like each of the trump kids. There’s so much to hate about biden and kamala

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Subjunctive posted:

what do you think merit is, if not circumstance?

merit isn't simply a quality of existence, typically you have to do something to garner merit. pretty sure she didn't actively work to grow to 5'11"

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

2007 LF pics thread called and wants its “post your hottest debate chicks” misogyny back

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KoRMaK posted:

I assumed everyone was joking and talking poo poo along with me but it's starting to get a bit weird now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

more then one thing can be bad

someone arguing models are a meritocracy is just as dumb as a tall white girl getting job offers because of her familial connections to power.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hold up, she's tall?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah dude!!!!!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

pentyne posted:

more then one thing can be bad

someone arguing models are a meritocracy is just as dumb as a tall white girl getting job offers because of her familial connections to power.

ergo, defending a model in almost any circumstance is dumb as hell

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Unless posted:

2007 LF pics thread called and wants its “post your hottest debate chicks” misogyny back

is this ann kittenplan

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

KoRMaK posted:

models help people. they make them feel good about themselves. they also show them how to dress cool and wear their hair in interesting ways.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do you mean that only Marines get saluted? Not the other branches?

no, just that marines are the ones guarding the White House. I meant it equally to say the Air Force guys who man the bottom of Air Force one etc. so if you see a picture of a president saluting someone chances are that person is a marine. point is returning the salute only started with Reagan. why didn’t previous presidents salute? even say Eisenhower?
because the president is a civilian.