Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ugh I already have keqing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, prepare for C1 Keqing I guess. It seems okay.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Xiao banner is really appealing; all the 4*s are ones that I would want constellations for (particularly Xinyan) and none are at C6 so there's no chance of waste.

RareAcumen posted:

What the hell, same here.

Me also! Except C1 Mona in my case. C1 at least seems pretty good for boosting the big ult numbers, at least. I'm not sure if it'll be a flat 15% increase or if it'll somehow multiply - the mechanics of the way the big number "trick" works are kind of confusing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ningguang and Bennet on Kequing's banner, Diona and Beidou on Xiao's. gently caress me, I am actually going to have to roll on these banners after all.

Ytlaya posted:

Xiao banner is really appealing; all the 4*s are ones that I would want constellations for (particularly Xinyan) and none are at C6 so there's no chance of waste.

Me also! Except C1 Mona in my case. C1 at least seems pretty good for boosting the big ult numbers, at least. I'm not sure if it'll be a flat 15% increase or if it'll somehow multiply - the mechanics of the way the big number "trick" works are kind of confusing.

3 people getting the same roll? Seriously what the hell.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Dammit, Chongyun next banner appearance is gonna be with Razor again, isn't it. And with my luck, the third will be someone else I'm maxed out on. So help me, if it's a Qiqi banner.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

That means there's going to be a Diluc banner. :catstare:

Also a Mona banner :negative:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

That means there's going to be a Diluc banner. :catstare:

Also a Mona banner :negative:

There is a chance of not being a Diluc or a Mona banner. I am assuming they are making a 5* character banner to coincide with their story quest, and we already got a story quest for Mona and Diluc. Of course, there can be a second chapter to their story quest, but among the other 5*, we have yet to have a Qiqi story quest. We are most likely getting a Keqing story quest during the banner.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I don't know if I am going to be rolling for a while looking at those uninspiring banners.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pain of Mind posted:

I don't know if I am going to be rolling for a while looking at those uninspiring banners.

it's the perfect time to roll for some 5* weapons? :shobon:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'll be curious to see how Xiao's abilities work. The main thing I care about is how fun characters are to play, so if his movement gimmicks are fun that might be appealing.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

gandlethorpe posted:

Dammit, Chongyun next banner appearance is gonna be with Razor again, isn't it. And with my luck, the third will be someone else I'm maxed out on. So help me, if it's a Qiqi banner.

It looks like you can get one in the next event for free if I'm reading these notes correctly.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not rolling for Xiao and the fact that I have Ning C6 and Barbara C6 (and Keqing C1 doesn't seem as a big increase in her gameplay) means that I am probably saving for Hu Tao after all.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh man, I've been broke as poo poo for ages and just remembered you can keep doing rep quests/bounties for 150k a week.

Bounties are really fun and profitable!

I'm not being sarcastic I like them.

It feels impossible to say that and have people believe you.

The Glory quest is funnysad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kater posted:

Oh man, I've been broke as poo poo for ages and just remembered you can keep doing rep quests/bounties for 150k a week.

Bounties are really fun and profitable!

I'm not being sarcastic I like them.

It feels impossible to say that and have people believe you.

The Glory quest is funnysad.

It sucks to get one that's invulnerable to all of your damage sources but I agree.

I wish they showed up more often once you max out a town's reputation.

Also I looked into these events and those Leyline ones are ridiculously short. I wasn't expecting 10 days, I was assuming it'd be the entire month.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Clarste posted:

Well, prepare for C1 Keqing I guess. It seems okay.

I shelved Keqing for a while after picking up Diluc but lately I keep taking her out for her speed and mobility. Makes Andrius and the Geo domain trivial.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol leveling 70-80 was 350k. and here i felt rich for buying the month's mora.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I had like 11 million Mora until they added the standard wishes for ascending characters. I've been perpetually broke since.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

AG3 posted:

I had like 11 million Mora until they added the standard wishes for ascending characters. I've been perpetually broke since.

congrats! you fell for it!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I pulled a WGS on standard pity and given my artifacts its DPS outside of the 12 second buff is like the same as Serpent Spine fully stacked. If my artis were better WGS would come out better but it would still be close.

Point being, Serpent Spine is really dang good. Glad I get to move it to Noelle now.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I just finally got into this and I read the first page then jumped to the last two pages of the thread and I officially have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Is there a good primer on all of this or am I just expected to go through the quest lines until I am higer level and this starts to make sense?

I'm having fun and this has somehow been able to grab me more than BotW did, though, so that's nice!

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

So the month's standard wishes yielded a Skyward Harp. First 5* weapon, I'll take it. But dammit, I just finished leveling Crescent to 90 for Ganyu, I only have 65 mystic ore and 160k mora, I can't afford this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harp is kind of amazing on everyone. Best general purpose standard 5* weapon.

That said ore yeah. That'll take a good three weeks of daily ore farm.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah the difference between skyward and crescent is small enough for ganyu i'd probably consider throwing it somewhere else

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

nullscan posted:

I just finally got into this and I read the first page then jumped to the last two pages of the thread and I officially have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Is there a good primer on all of this or am I just expected to go through the quest lines until I am higer level and this starts to make sense?

I'm having fun and this has somehow been able to grab me more than BotW did, though, so that's nice!

The game is pretty friendly and accessible. Most of us have been on board since launch or earlier so the thread's devolved into numberwang a bit, but don't let that bother you.

Most important:
- you can beat all current content with the free characters. they may lack the flash of more premium ones but they're very solid.
- primogems are the game's premium currency, and they're spent on getting more characters and weapons. Only spend these on the character banner (the leftmost one) until you know what you're doing.
- mark your map when you grab an anemocule (little air floaty things) because you'll be wanting to grab all of them at some point and it helps to know where you've been
- don't try to level every character you get past level 40, it gets very expensive quickly. Focus one one primary damage dealer whose playstyle you like, and fill out the team with supporting characters
- elemental reactions are fun and profitable. Experiment!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

nullscan posted:

If you're new, just go round exploring and doing quests and pulling on the character banners. You should probably save fragile resin you get until later.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

The game'll introduce mechanics for quite a while. Don't worry about it.

One major note: DO NOT BUY PRIMOGEMS. If you want to throw money at the game, buy Welkin, followed by BP. But it's like $2 per pull to buy the gems straightup, don't do it, it's not worth it. If you don't understand this yet, don't worry, it'll make sense eventually.

Stormgale posted:

Yeah the difference between skyward and crescent is small enough for ganyu i'd probably consider throwing it somewhere else

Yeah, but I've got like Rust R4 or R5 for Fischl (all pulled off-banner, lol) and Sacrificial for Diona, and I neither have nor want Childe/Venti (obnoxious bard is the worst character in the game fight me. Diluc's a close second) so watcha gonna do. Besides, I've gotta do something until the next event drops.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

congrats! you fell for it!

Hook, line and sinker.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I liked Venti's character quest a lot. Like, the first one you unlock is Klee which is just sort of dumb (much like Klee), but Venti's was like a billion times more thoughtful and restored my faith in the game's writing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Whats worse than pulling a Kequing? Pulling a Kequing while she's on banner so you aren't guaranteed a next on banner 5*

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

I liked Venti's character quest a lot. Like, the first one you unlock is Klee which is just sort of dumb (much like Klee), but Venti's was like a billion times more thoughtful and restored my faith in the game's writing.

Klee's quest was great

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Karia posted:

The Ganyu banner continues into tomorrow, so if you're close to pity you can use the pulls from the Starglitter shop in the morning.

I forgot about these so i did that, with those 5 pulls, got the C6 Xiangling, Ganyu, and Ganyu

e: and got a Diluc off the 5 blue wishes, so that's all my luck used up until at least 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Whats worse than pulling a Kequing? Pulling a Kequing while she's on banner so you aren't guaranteed a next on banner 5*

You don't have to pull on every banner!

Also, when does the battle pass come back, tomorrow? I assume it will just be easier to wait on the weekly bosses until then for the weekly points.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

You don't have to pull on every banner!

Also, when does the battle pass come back, tomorrow? I assume it will just be easier to wait on the weekly bosses until then for the weekly points.

I wont, I dont expect to pull in any of 1.3 banners. Will have to look at 1.4 to see if theres anything I want.

And yeah I think the BP is back tomorrow

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Xiao looks like he'll deal even more damage than Ganyu. I know anemo selfish XD but there are a lot of characters that can make his downsides really minor (Fishl, Albedo, Xingqiu solve any of his problems with enough ER). Idk what happened or why they're going so crazy with the new characters' power levels. Maybe they know most players have a collection of characters they're happy with at this point.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 1, 2021

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ooo, ooo, I have one for you.

Hit 71 rolls this morning so I said eff it and dropped 50 glitter for a 10-roll to hopefully hit soft pity on Ganyu. I did it! It was..... Diluc C1.

Diluc is the only off-banner 5* I have so out of Qiqi, Keq, Mona, or Jean, it gave me a goddamn dupe.

I know, I know, tis the gacha life, but as a F2P getting a dupe when there's tons of other fun characters has really taken some wind out of my sails.

I'm gonna roll on the Xiao banner just in case but then I guess I'm saving until Venti. Or someone else hella broken and super cool comes out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Xiao looks like he'll deal even more damage than Ganyu. I know anemo selfish XD XD but there are a lot of characters that can make his downsides really minor (Fishl, Albedo, Xingqiu solve any of his problems with enough ER). Idk what happened or why they're going so crazy with the new characters' power levels.

Yeah I dont get why you were saying that he was going to do about as much damage as Noelle when everything we knew was that he was going to be the strongest selfish damage in the game. But the problem with his kit is that he stops generating energy while his burst is active, which means your other units have to be built with enough energy to sustain themselves.

And his burst does so much damage that theres a chance that you might not even want them in your party and you'd want Jean/Venti to be able to sustain constant bursts on him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My math was questionable and I didn't know his plunge was his max damage output by far.

When you say he can't generate energy during his burst - is it just his E, or can he not gain energy at all? If it's just the E it doesn't really matter because he can just hold both charges until the ult is over. If he can't gain energy at all, ok that's a severe downside.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

My math was questionable and I didn't know his plunge was his max damage output by far.

When you say he can't generate energy during his burst - is it just his E, or can he not gain energy at all? If it's just the E it doesn't really matter because he can just hold both charges until the ult is over. If he can't gain energy at all, ok that's a severe downside.

He doesnt generate on his E while his burst is active, so you only get energy on enemy hp threasholds and deaths. Thats not enough to sustain inactive characters. This is based on beta info and could change

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It doesn't make a difference if you have to Xiao E after ult in terms of energy recharge. The two charges have a 20 second CD so you just hold them and burn them when the ult is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I'm going to wait for testing after he launches. I'm running Razor right now and it seems like Xiao could do a similar role (XQ, Fishl support + Healer) and make really good use out of stuff like proccing reactions off his swirl spam. If not I might hold out for Hu Tao, I didn't want to get Ganyu because I play on a controller and don't really want to do aimed shot stuff.