Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

PLATOON!

it's better than This Ain't Platoon: A XXX Parody at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

dune!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
honestly, musical theater may be the best way to tell the Dune! story

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yeah i would love it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sing Me a Song of Your Homeworld, Usl!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

♫ Hello my baby, hello my honey
Hello my Fremen, Arakkis gal ♫

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

Sing Me a Song of Your Homeworld, Usl!

i like it already

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The Sleeper Must Awaken (Slight Return)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

is that the guy who let them land?

the guy who is defenestrated is named windu

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fear is the mind killer (reprise)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mystes posted:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

rotor posted:

honestly, musical theater may be the best way to tell the Dune! story

Only if the music is by Toto

"I bless the rains down in Arakeen"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

mystes posted:

hell yes a chance to post the mind killer track from Rez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMMWwqwRggQ

this track owns and has some sample licensing issue that means it doesn't get included in the official soundtrack

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Only if the music is by Toto

"I bless the rains down in Arakeen"

uh. it doesn’t rain there. idiot.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

fart simpson posted:

uh. it doesn’t rain there. idiot.

they're gonna make the Lynch version where it does :colbert:

Sting is going to reprise his role as lovely feyd, covering David Bowie in labyrinth singing "let me tell you about the babe, what babe? The babe with the power. What power? The power of prescience"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
only if it's the cronenberg

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i suspect the reviewers disliking disenchantment part 3 just liked part 2 more than i did. again a bunch of story beats that go nowhere, but, idk, it was pretty fun.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i suspect the reviewers disliking disenchantment part 3 just liked part 2 more than i did. again a bunch of story beats that go nowhere, but, idk, it was pretty fun.

imo the biggest weakness is that they were trying to create season-long narratives instead of 1-off episodic stories like Futurama and Simpsons.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they did of one-off episodic stories too, some tied into the longer narrative, sorta-kinda. they just weren't very funny.

at least once per episode there's something that was ostensibly a joke, but was actively unfunny.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i certainly won't argue that too much, but i largely enjoyed it. if anything think they did a better job of making loose episodes vaguely guided by a story this season. they need to stop doing the futurama thing where they have a bunch of secret plot points that they refuse to have play out before cancellation though, all the major story moments just pass by without resolving or clarifying anything.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I liked Ahsoka showing up in Mando but a lot of other stuff wasn’t Great

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
rip screech

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i absolutely would watch DUNE!

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah, I would too. I would probably also be more excited about it than the current upcoming dune adaptation.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

mystes posted:

Yeah, I would too. I would probably also be more excited about it than the current upcoming dune adaptation.

Which will never be released because the producers are threatening to sue if it drops on HBO.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Which will never be released because the producers are threatening to sue if it drops on HBO.
At least since it's not set in the near future they probably won't end up having to replace all the product placements because it's been delayed for so long like the bond movie.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
coke is eternal

mystes
May 31, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

coke is eternal
The coke must flow.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

rip screech

wow i would not have guessed cancer

:rip: dude whose wife said on the radio that his hog was so large it dipped into the toilet water

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
he was on a your pretty face is going to hell episode

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

🎶feyd-rauthaaa
I've just met a boy named feyd-rauthaaa🎶

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

:rip: dude whose wife said on the radio that his hog was so large it dipped into the toilet water

that happens to me on a semi-regular basis and it's super gross

just realized i haven't sat on a public toilet in months. i think maybe once this entire pandemic. nice

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

that happens to me on a semi-regular basis and it's super gross
So is reading about it!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

when i was in design school we had one critique where a student had designed a toilet for automatically taking stool samples. i forget if his target market was hospitals or if he imagined that people would buy this themselves (germans, perhaps) but in any case it had a little scoop arm thing that would come out from the wall of the toilet into the line of fire, so to speak, and do all the stuff it needed to do.

throughout the presentation one of the professors was visibly upset and got more and more antsy the whole time. at the end his hand shot up but he didn't get called on first. after three or four relatively benign questions, the student acknowledged this professor.

"yeah, thank you. i just have one question."
*pause*
"i'm a sixty-year-old man. WHERE ARE MY BALLS?"

and of course this was the first time that this bunch of 18-to-23-year-old young men and women had considered that a sixty-year-old man might have balls that hang down far enough into the toilet that this scooping device would be poking them around. and that, indeed, this sixty-year-old professor who they were stuck taking classes from definitively had such a set of balls himself

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

"i'm a sixty-year-old man. WHERE ARE MY BALLS?"

i wonder how many times a day he asked that question

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i thought this was the movie and book thread not the lets discuss old mens pendulous balls thread

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it goes back and forth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

goddammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rotor posted:

i thought this was the movie and book thread not the lets discuss old mens pendulous balls thread
It isn't so don't, grampa