Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

It doesn't make a difference if you have to Xiao E after ult in terms of energy recharge. The two charges have a 20 second CD so you just hold them and burn them when the ult is over.

OK, fine in multiplayer but in singleplayer the cooldowns dont line up. So pop everyone elses cooldown and or bursts before swapping back to xiao and using his burst. Your Es WILL be off of cooldown by 5/10 seconds before your ult expires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Saxophone posted:

Ooo, ooo, I have one for you.

Hit 71 rolls this morning so I said eff it and dropped 50 glitter for a 10-roll to hopefully hit soft pity on Ganyu. I did it! It was..... Diluc C1.

Diluc is the only off-banner 5* I have so out of Qiqi, Keq, Mona, or Jean, it gave me a goddamn dupe.

I know, I know, tis the gacha life, but as a F2P getting a dupe when there's tons of other fun characters has really taken some wind out of my sails.

I'm gonna roll on the Xiao banner just in case but then I guess I'm saving until Venti. Or someone else hella broken and super cool comes out.

I had the same thing happen to me except it was Mona. I'd love love love for that to have been a Keqing let me tell ya. This thread's hate-on for her is so weird to me. She might have some QoL issues but her sheer fun factor more than makes up for it, and she's far from weak.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Osmosisch posted:

I had the same thing happen to me except it was Mona. I'd love love love for that to have been a Keqing let me tell ya. This thread's hate-on for her is so weird to me. She might have some QoL issues but her sheer fun factor more than makes up for it, and she's far from weak.

I really like Keqing and think she's a lot of fun to play. Burning stamina on attacks and the knockback issues are sometimes annoying, though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she has very boring constellations though, definitely a character like Qiqi i would hope to see once ever

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Osmosisch posted:

Yeah, I mean some characters are definitely more powerful than others, as will happen, but the cool thing about Genshin is (so far) nothing feels dps locked. High power characters make things easier, but there's no content that can't be done with who's available.

So my interest is in character already when it comes to 5*s and that made the Diluc sting much harder. I have 4 total and today I managed a dupe of one. Blargh.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

gandlethorpe posted:

Dammit, Chongyun next banner appearance is gonna be with Razor again, isn't it. And with my luck, the third will be someone else I'm maxed out on. So help me, if it's a Qiqi banner.

LorneReams posted:

It looks like you can get one in the next event for free if I'm reading these notes correctly.

Rofl, just pulled another Chong on the standard banner with my 5 monthly stardust wishes (and a Barb dupe, bleh)

That puts me at 3 standard Chongs, 1 freebie this patch, and only 2 from rate-ups (the first of which took 180+ pulls). At this point, I kind of wanna hit C6 without ever pulling him from a rate-up again. I'd just need one more random pull and a starglitter feature.

Edit: wait I'll be at C5 after the freebie, so just a starglitter feature then!

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 1, 2021

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

one day they are going to release a support character that gives you infinite stamina or something and Keqing is going to pop off

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Infinite stamina klee would be something

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Diona's shield and kaya/razor passive is the closest mitigation.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Threw a 10 pull at Ganyu since I was sitting at 70 and have no interest in the upcomings 5s, got a Jean C1.

Also resets for Ninguang/Bennet banner in a few weeks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Am I reading Jean C1 correctly? Does it really add 40% damage to her E?

EDIT: Oh it looks like it only adds damage when you hold for more than 1 second. rip.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you have to hold E to get the damage boost, there's a sort of chime noise that plays once you've reached the threshold for it

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I use that often, it's a fun move.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

dogsicle posted:

she has very boring constellations though, definitely a character like Qiqi i would hope to see once ever

Her C1 looks pretty neat to me esp with how low the cooldown is on her E but I agree, nothing too gamechanging.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s super annoying that there is always two days between the BPs.

Also what’s a decent stopping point for character skills?

6?

I’m trying to plan stuff out but not sure how far to take some of these skills.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
6 is forced upon you. Getting higher goes into the weekly boss drops and requires even more ascension.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

It’s super annoying that there is always two days between the BPs.

Also what’s a decent stopping point for character skills?

6?

I’m trying to plan stuff out but not sure how far to take some of these skills.

60/70 and level 3-4, then artifacts to level 16, and then talents to 6 is about as far as it's worth taking anyone unless you just have resin to burn. Weapons are good investments too because they take pretty little resin so long as you have ore, and you should get a steady amount of that from expeditions even if you don't do dedicated mining. Primary damage dealers can get more investment than this but that's the best stopping place unless you really want to pump someone, usually.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tae posted:

6 is forced upon you. Getting higher goes into the weekly boss drops and requires even more ascension.

shimmy shimmy posted:

60/70 and level 3-4, then artifacts to level 16, and then talents to 6 is about as far as it's worth taking anyone unless you just have resin to burn. Weapons are good investments too because they take pretty little resin so long as you have ore, and you should get a steady amount of that from expeditions even if you don't do dedicated mining. Primary damage dealers can get more investment than this but that's the best stopping place unless you really want to pump someone, usually.

Awesome thanks to you both! I figured as much but I wanted to make sure.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Your WL will also dictate a lot of this. I find it gates you fairly close to the rate you want to go. I was hitting the limits right as I was reaching the WL level (with the exception of 50 which took a bit longer).

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
My C6 Fischl with a level 85 R5 Slingshot feels really awesome and pumps out a ton of damage, but I just pulled Rust. Is Rust on Fischl good enough to throw away all my work on Slingshot?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You'll get something like 45 percent more base atk, so sadly yes.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Corla Plankun posted:

My C6 Fischl with a level 85 R5 Slingshot feels really awesome and pumps out a ton of damage, but I just pulled Rust. Is Rust on Fischl good enough to throw away all my work on Slingshot?

If it helps you can feed the slingshot to rust and get most of the XP back. The game dumps slingshots on you, so all that you lose is the mulch XP cost.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FYI you can pre install the patch

It’s the cloud thing bottom left.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Man, I'd kill for a Diluc. I want Fire Batman

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kater posted:

Bounties are really fun and profitable!

I'm not being sarcastic I like them.

It feels impossible to say that and have people believe you.

i would be 90% fine with bounties if they dumped that stupid "search for three clues!" bullshit

the other 10% is "immune to electro and pyro damage; takes increased plunge attack damage"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

No Wave posted:

Xiao looks like he'll deal even more damage than Ganyu. I know anemo selfish XD but there are a lot of characters that can make his downsides really minor (Fishl, Albedo, Xingqiu solve any of his problems with enough ER). Idk what happened or why they're going so crazy with the new characters' power levels. Maybe they know most players have a collection of characters they're happy with at this point.

zhongli happened

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Andrast posted:

one day they are going to release a support character that gives you infinite stamina or something and Keqing is going to pop off

Worth nothing that each subsequent country expansion is in all likelihood going to add a statue system with rank up rewards increasing max stamina.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Excited as heck for 1.3 mostly bc it adds controller support to the ipad version. Also xiao looks cool I guess, air dashes are fun.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Got my monthly stardust fates, and managed to get both a Sacrificial Sword and a Sacrificial Greatsword.

The sword I know pretty much homes in on Xingqiu because of the ridonkulous cooldown on his rainswords, but who's the greatsword good for? Chongyun? Diluc? Xinyan?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Glazius posted:

Got my monthly stardust fates, and managed to get both a Sacrificial Sword and a Sacrificial Greatsword.

The sword I know pretty much homes in on Xingqiu because of the ridonkulous cooldown on his rainswords, but who's the greatsword good for? Chongyun? Diluc? Xinyan?

Not Diluc, his E has a fast cool down anyway and you run it in a series, not sure the refresh would help at all. With my monthly fates I got ... 5 more 3 stars.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Glazius posted:

Chong and Xinyan supports, yeah. Noelle can use it since she wants ER, it has like half the ER of Favonius but better atk as the trade-off. since her skill does damage she should be able to proc the reset similar to Barbara (awkwardly).

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lechtansi posted:

If it helps you can feed the slingshot to rust and get most of the XP back. The game dumps slingshots on you, so all that you lose is the mulch XP cost.

You're mulching weapon ascension mats as well. Weapon exp is so plentiful I'd just keep the slingshot. I also have an R5 of every 3 star in my inventory so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Lechtansi posted:

I was considering this but I was worried I might end up liking slingshot better and then I'd have to go back to the drawing board. The huge amount of crit % is so drat fun!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i pulled a lovely skyward spine on the weapon banner. my only spear user is xiang. great.........

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Corla Plankun posted:

I was considering this but I was worried I might end up liking slingshot better and then I'd have to go back to the drawing board. The huge amount of crit % is so drat fun!

I assume you're using her as a main DPS, right? I would just hang on to it and level up Rust. Rust should be better, and if you're using her as one of your main DPSs then it's an incremental upgrade.

Fur20 posted:

i pulled a lovely skyward spine on the weapon banner. my only spear user is xiang. great.........

Well, it will be decent for Xiao. When Zhongli gets a re-run it's great for him too.

for Support DPS Xiangling it's bis as well

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 1, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Corla Plankun posted:

Are you out of the weapon upgrade mats? It feels like that is the one thing that I do not need to conserve compared to every other item needed for anything.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tsyni posted:

Well, it will be decent for Xiao. When Zhongli gets a re-run it's great for him too.

xiao almost certainly isn't gonna happen, i JUST got pity on ganyu

as for support xiang, i don't want to use xiang, i don't even want to click on her character page. her voice is nails on a chalkboard

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 1, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

Are you out of the weapon upgrade mats? It feels like that is the one thing that I do not need to conserve compared to every other item needed for anything.
It becomes a big problem eventually unless you farm daily or aren't AR50 yet. About half of a weapon's upgrade cost is going from 80->90.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Tsyni posted:

for Support DPS Xiangling it's bis as well

Ooooo that's good news for me, the support Xiangling runner. I just pulled a skyward spine with my monthly acquaint fates. My first 5 star weapon, and my first time to beat the pity in a major way. I got Mona on that banner Christmas Eve and have probably only 10-pulled once or twice since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

No Wave posted:

It becomes a big problem eventually unless you farm daily or aren't AR50 yet. About half of a weapon's upgrade cost is going from 80->90.

I don't farm daily at all, if I run across some ore on the way to a daily I will grab it, but I never seek it out. I gain the majority of my ore from the expeditions. I have 3 level 90 weapons, 2 level 80, 2 level 70, and a smattering of ~ 20. I have about 2200 white iron chunks, 1100 crystal chunks, ~ 2000 of both the small and mid sized upgrade mat and then 1400 of the Mystic Enhancement Ore. I have no idea how many levels that is worth, but it is significantly more than any of my elemental chunks or 93 purple exp books. All of my weapons are 4* fwiw.