Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

Oh neat, dave survived. And he's using the limitless powers of creation to punch a dude really hard!

Every page of this fight should have a small inset of Meti looking on disdainfully at the scuffle.

meti snipe

Don't Ask fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Don't Ask posted:

Oh neat, dave survived. And he's using the limitless powers of creation to punch a dude really hard!

Every page of this fight should have a small inset of Meti looking on disdainfully at the scuffle.

meti snipe

This, precisely. Well, except the snipe part.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

The limitless powers of a new page, and you're using it like a particularly angry old sword saint. smh

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Yo, Operant, I invoke your sign and the sign is this entire thread.

Are you a chaos wizard?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think that Maya's decidedly impressive title-name dates from her time as a demiurge, since she would have slaughtered gods and toppled their thrones to attain her position at the head of the Middle Army.

She's just Auntie Maya ten Meti now.

I wonder if Incubus ever goes by Incubus ten Meti.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think it's safe to say that when Maya named herself murder the gods and topple their thrones, this was a statement of intent, and also not the name that her mother gave her

A little known fact: "gods" were a type of noodle popular in the Yellow City

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think it's safe to say that when Maya named herself murder the gods and topple their thrones, this was a statement of intent, and also not the name that her mother gave her

I figured she got it when she lead the middle army and did exactly what the name implies.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

"Gods in a throne" definitely sounds like it could be a noodle dish

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think that Maya's decidedly impressive title-name dates from her time as a demiurge, since she would have slaughtered gods and toppled their thrones to attain her position at the head of the Middle Army.

She's just Auntie Maya ten Meti now.

I wonder if Incubus ever goes by Incubus ten Meti.

I figure Incubus is a name he chose for himself like Jagganoth. He was probably Howard ten Meti before.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Stanley ten Meti.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cower in the presence of master swordsman, lord of 111,111 worlds, bearer of Flame and sword king of the Middle Army, Incubus Gary.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bussamove posted:

Cower in the presence of master swordsman, lord of 111,111 worlds, bearer of Flame and sword king of the Middle Army, Incubus Gary.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bilirubin posted:

Murder the gods and topple the thrones eh?
More like sloppily gorge on noodles and run away after throwing the empty bowl at the vendor

Maya "banned from almost every noodle shop on throne" ten meti

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Come on down to Noodle Shack! We murder the gods and topple their thrones... with flavor!

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Fowl! Mammon is not anthropomorphic, he's quadripedal.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

:hmmyes:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

Fowl! Mammon is not anthropomorphic, he's quadripedal.

Dracopomorphic manifestation of metaphorically blood-drinking capitalism?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think "personification" will get the point across.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Personificationomorphic manifestation of metaphorically blood-drinking capitalism

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

honestly that's just a particular pratchettism that is perched permanently in my prefrontal, haha

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
For anyone considering throwing their hat in the ring, Abbadon has granted a grace period of "it still counts if you submit it before the next time I look at the channel, and also I'm going to sleep".

So if you want to join the Ring of Power you have a few hours left to do it! (My submission is in, only an hour over the deadline!)

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

GlyphGryph posted:

For anyone considering throwing their hat in the ring, Abbadon has granted a grace period of "it still counts if you submit it before the next time I look at the channel, and also I'm going to sleep".

So if you want to join the Ring of Power you have a few hours left to do it! (My submission is in, only an hour over the deadline!)

This bodes well, because disregarding deadlines is extremely royal tbqh

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Some of you may have noticed that I did not submit anything to War for Rayuba. This is because 1) I run my own webbed comic now and I would probably die trying to do both at once, and 2) I'm now a judge and everything I said about dying doing both at once is moot because I'm still doing comics for the tournament. :shepface:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

3 posted:

Some of you may have noticed that I did not submit anything to War for Rayuba. This is because 1) I run my own webbed comic now and I would probably die trying to do both at once, and 2) I'm now a judge and everything I said about dying doing both at once is moot because I'm still doing comics for the tournament. :shepface:

:perfect:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

really good comic. missed out on ‘I WANT PICTURES OF THE JAGGAHOG’

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

3 posted:

you absolute maniac

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Are the pictures scented?

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

3 posted:

:vince:

poo poo, that's good.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

you absolute maniac

BTW binge read all of A Distant Sky last night, its coming into focus nicely

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
lol this is crazy

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1357727297646850051

based on my calculations, dave just punched off all jagg's clothes

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Gotta punch out those nails to get anything more than a no-sell though

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

This was an extremely satisfying update, gotta say.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

David is truly merciful, to not strike Jagg's ballsack.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

David is truly merciful, to not strike Jagg's ballsack.

his honor will be his downfall

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Salami Dave knows the value of salami

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

RELEASE THE JAGGAHOG

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I wonder how long this took from Dave's perspective, like just a solid 45 minutes of jogging around and punching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
god there's so many Jojo takes you could do for this