Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Will Hobbs on Talk is Jericho is must listen, gotta rewatch Jericho vs Juvi and see if I can spot Will trying to touch Jericho and getting yelled at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Will Hobbs on Talk is Jericho is must listen, gotta rewatch Jericho vs Juvi and see if I can spot Will trying to touch Jericho and getting yelled at.

It's really interesting how much of a role and how much say Britt has backstage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

It's really interesting how much of a role and how much say Britt has backstage.

Haha yeah it was funny to hear that Britt found yet another good prospect to champion (after his debut but still.)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The latest observer radio started with the biggest boon to "Dave is Divorced" fans when he was talking vaguely about a court case where he had to prove what his real income was, and then a joke comment about an ex wife, but then a fatal blow when he referred to his wife in the present tense.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Between wealth chat, wife chat, and dog chat, that was an all-time WOR

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Can someone fill me in on the Dave is Divorced theory? I have been listening for years with no thought about it but about a week ago on a show I swear I heard Dave mention his kids stayed over at his place.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Halverine posted:

Can someone fill me in on the Dave is Divorced theory? I have been listening for years with no thought about it but about a week ago on a show I swear I heard Dave mention his kids stayed over at his place.

His son, who is immuno-compromised, had a COVID scare recently so was probably quarantined. The divorce idea is just some super weird thing that also would be nobody's business or matter at all about anything even if it was true.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

Jerusalem posted:

His son, who is immuno-compromised, had a COVID scare recently so was probably quarantined. The divorce idea is just some super weird thing that also would be nobody's business or matter at all about anything even if it was true.

OK, sounds like a weird coincidence that I had that thought and then within a week heard about the theory. And, as you say, if it were true and he doesn’t want to wear that on his sleeve it probably shouldn’t be something people should worry about, sorry.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It’s absolutely bonkers that anyone cares and I only reference it to mock it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Can you really trust a guy who lies about his marriage when he talks about WWE ratings being bad?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

It's much older than covid or his first discussion of that illness.

But anyway, on a great note, Mark confirmed for Sunday's B&V!

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
parasocial relationships: they’re weird

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

King Bahamut posted:

parasocial relationships: they’re weird

Those involving Dave Meltzer perhaps doubly so.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Imagine caring about someone you've spent literal years listening to. Ha, how weird!

I think it's normal people would want to know about that stuff. We have stuff like celebrity gossip blogs for a reason.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RBX posted:

Imagine caring about someone you've spent literal years listening to. Ha, how weird!

I think it's normal people would want to know about that stuff. We have stuff like celebrity gossip blogs for a reason.

It's very weird that people make up rumors about him being divorced because it's people with crazy vendettas against him not people who care.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's a pretty good shirt

Good for Jim

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

book debbie malenko

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

It's very weird that people make up rumors about him being divorced because it's people with crazy vendettas against him not people who care.

Oh I thought it was fans, my bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Can you really trust a guy who lies about his marriage when he talks about WWE ratings being bad?

Can you trust a man who can’t or won’t even sit on his chair

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Royal Updog posted:

book debbie malenko

I think it'd be very cool if she at least got a match on AEW Dark or something

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
She scrubbed the crazy from her Twitter since the last time she came up in this thread.

e: not this thread, I guess it was the social media thread where she came up

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jordan7hm posted:

She scrubbed the crazy from her Twitter since the last time she came up in this thread.

e: not this thread, I guess it was the social media thread where she came up
MAGA crazy or something else entirely?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

MAGA crazy or something else entirely?

When I looked like a month ago I remember one anti-vax type tweet but don't remember a lot else.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
F4W post show is on twitch. Mark is there. Wes Lee namedropped.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

F4W post show is on twitch. Mark is there. Wes Lee namedropped.

Guessing that means it'll be up on Observer/Figure 4 to download in the next couple of hours, really excited to hear Bryan losing his mind about Ricochet :)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qK-sCsEIk

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/John_R_Breeden/status/1356076761294008325

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
A veritable throng of pods!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1356110821882032130
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1356010710422196229
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1356119036912926720

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still only into the Women's Rumble portion of the Bryan and Vinny Show but Bryan has completely lost his poo poo and it's glorious to listen to :lol:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Still only into the Women's Rumble portion of the Bryan and Vinny Show but Bryan has completely lost his poo poo and it's glorious to listen to :lol:

"It's just wrestling, bro. Calm down."

Unfortunately for his blood pressure, Bryan's livelihood depends on his rage.

EDIT:

Glad Vinny recalls Victoria's awesome tATU entrance music.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 1, 2021

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What was the issue with Ricochet?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I died at the part about bowling on the cruise ship

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Incessant Excess posted:

What was the issue with Ricochet?

He lost a match that meant in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that he could be in the Rumble match. They made a big deal about it.

And then he was just randomly in the Rumble match.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Goddamn, I forgot about that stip, at lest Kane took care of that dork.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Was Mark extra hosed up on on the this year's episode it was it just the remote nature of the the call that made him extra awkward?

(or both?)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

2020 drove everyone crazy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Peter Rosenberg, the new Otto Wanz.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Lone Goat posted:

Was Mark extra hosed up on on the this year's episode it was it just the remote nature of the the call that made him extra awkward?

(or both?)

to me he always sounds like that Andy Samberg "Teen who just woke up" character from Weekend Update

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
do you know where you were a year ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Punch McLightning posted:

do you know where you were a year ago?

I was legit crying laughing at that.