Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lovelyn posted:

im gonna get high tonight

on weed

u gotta feed ur head

meanwhile this thread has me searching for pet options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Powerful "These edibles ain't poo poo" energy.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ok so earlier my cat went and sat on a chair under the table and just now he crawled on top of my pc tower which is also under a table. never seen him do either in the year we've lived here....

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
gonna wake and bake, its too cold to do anything else

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lovelyn posted:

im gonna get high tonight

on weed

Hey man you ever smoke weed

On weed???

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Need to get up to pick up weed

Cat disagrees

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyAEWCG5qKQ

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

CODChimera posted:

ok so earlier my cat went and sat on a chair under the table and just now he crawled on top of my pc tower which is also under a table. never seen him do either in the year we've lived here....

Cat sounds like it's cozy and warm as poo poo. Jealous as hell.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CusX1XOUKdg

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

had a big weed-brain realization

poured everclear into my spent concentrate containers to soak up/infuse what's left in the container

gonna do this and hang on to them until i have a bunch, then I'll add them all into my abv tincture when i get that going. should boost the potency pretty substantially

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

tmfc posted:

had a big weed-brain realization

poured everclear into my spent concentrate containers to soak up/infuse what's left in the container

gonna do this and hang on to them until i have a bunch, then I'll add them all into my abv tincture when i get that going. should boost the potency pretty substantially

Woah. You can just add concentrate to everclear to make weed booze?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

i want a pigeon

check out these coastal crows i saw picking through the rocky beach near portland head light

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Stew posted:

Woah. You can just add concentrate to everclear to make weed booze?

science permits this

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

maybe not I think you need to decarb it first now that I'm reading more

I thought it was either heat or time, but maybe you do need heat no matter what

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

trim work is boring but it makes the house smell nice

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

tmfc posted:

maybe not I think you need to decarb it first now that I'm reading more

I thought it was either heat or time, but maybe you do need heat no matter what

Yes you need heat; you could decarb the concentrate in an oven or whatever and then extract it basically as you described

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
cant eat raw weed to get high unfortunately

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

it is a miraculous plant but even weed has some small limits

i am pleasantly high during this blizzard

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what kind of temp do you need to get conc up to to activate it? it's not very high i think, like 140f or something

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
230-250f. anything else doesnt decarb it enough

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this is excellent stoned viewing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCjWmfWq0pU

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
What is the consensus on cooking up butter?

I feel like I'm loving it up. I just cook on lowest heat possible for as long as I have time. also unless it's pure trim I can't bear to carbolyse for more than five minutes for fear of burning, last time I looked it up it's 45 min on 220 for good weed which seems insane. I have not been very scientific about it to date.

I'm still trying to work out how strong I need it but I don't want to be wasting ingredients either way

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

kicks forts posted:

What is the consensus on cooking up butter?

I feel like I'm loving it up. I just cook on lowest heat possible for as long as I have time. also unless it's pure trim I can't bear to carbolyse for more than five minutes for fear of burning, last time I looked it up it's 45 min on 220 for good weed which seems insane. I have not been very scientific about it to date.

I'm still trying to work out how strong I need it but I don't want to be wasting ingredients either way

Step 1. Pet cat
Step 2. Set oven to 225 F
Step 3. Break up or grind up your weed and spread it over a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet, deploy in oven
Step 4. Shake it up after 20 mins or so, pet cat
Step 5. Take weed out of after another 20-25 mins - it should look golden brown, almost like vaped weed
Step 6. While the flower is cooling, put coconut oil and some water into slow cooker on low
Step 7. After coconut oil is melted, throw in flower. Make sure it's submerged. Keep it on low temp for like 12-18 hours, pet cat
Step 8. Strain that poo poo in some cheesecloth. I use disposable gloves while doing this cuz I'm a baby and hate the feel
Step 9. Let cool in the fridge or use right away, idk

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i've made weed vegetable oil a couple times, and it only takes a surprisingly small amount of weed to make insanely potent brownies

i put like $25 worth into a half cup of oil and simmered for several minutes at the lowest temp i could get going, and half the block smelled like weed

the brownies were loving knockouts, 2 and you were in the outer solar system

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
I want someone to science out for me the max saturation of cannabis-coconut oil. What ratio do I need and what is the smallest amount of oil I can use to launch me into space? I think last time I used an 1oz:1cup but can I do less? Can I do 1oz:0.5cup without sacrificing any thc?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
weed

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers

Lovelyn posted:

Step 1. Pet cat
Step 2. Set oven to 225 F
Step 3. Break up or grind up your weed and spread it over a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet, deploy in oven
Step 4. Shake it up after 20 mins or so, pet cat
Step 5. Take weed out of after another 20-25 mins - it should look golden brown, almost like vaped weed
Step 6. While the flower is cooling, put coconut oil and some water into slow cooker on low
Step 7. After coconut oil is melted, throw in flower. Make sure it's submerged. Keep it on low temp for like 12-18 hours, pet cat
Step 8. Strain that poo poo in some cheesecloth. I use disposable gloves while doing this cuz I'm a baby and hate the feel
Step 9. Let cool in the fridge or use right away, idk

Cheers, i forgot I have a slow cooker somewhere.

Can you carb it in a glass dish and lid? I'm so sure my lovely oven is gonna burn it up on full heat.

Thank and i will be brave and go full 45 when I next harvest

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

I want someone to science out for me the max saturation of cannabis-coconut oil. What ratio do I need and what is the smallest amount of oil I can use to launch me into space? I think last time I used an 1oz:1cup but can I do less? Can I do 1oz:0.5cup without sacrificing any thc?

You can go as heavy or light as you'd like. I have a little glass dish I drop the desired amount of concentrate in, then I just put in enough coconut oil to submerge it, then I pop that in an oven at 200⁰ for an hour. You see a billion different temperature and time recommendations, but that seems to be roughly correct based on how badly my brownies and milkshakes have crippled myself and my coworkers. You can use way more oil, hell do a whole bottle, or way less or more hash, etc and you can pretty closely dial in the strength per mL.

I'd recommend eating a whole gram once. As long as you're off the next day.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

kicks forts posted:

Can you carb it in a glass dish and lid? I'm so sure my lovely oven is gonna burn it up on full heat.

I've only de-carbed on aluminum, if you're worried about it, you can check on it every few minutes (ideally turning on oven light rather than opening oven). If you can find another way to do it (glass dish and lid) and guarantee a steady temp, I don't see why it wouldn't work

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Inspector Hound posted:

You can go as heavy or light as you'd like. I have a little glass dish I drop the desired amount of concentrate in, then I just put in enough coconut oil to submerge it, then I pop that in an oven at 200⁰ for an hour. You see a billion different temperature and time recommendations, but that seems to be roughly correct based on how badly my brownies and milkshakes have crippled myself and my coworkers. You can use way more oil, hell do a whole bottle, or way less or more hash, etc and you can pretty closely dial in the strength per mL.

I'd recommend eating a whole gram once. As long as you're off the next day.

But there's gotta be a point at which there's no room left in the fat and the THC has nothing to bind to and would then be wasted right? I wanna min/max and eat the tiniest amount of oil and just blast off

Def gonna try eating a gram!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

i want a pigeon

check out these coastal crows i saw picking through the rocky beach near portland head light

nice birds :vince:

and yeah pigeons are cool

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:birddrugs:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

kicks forts posted:

you can decarb in whatever also 220f isn’t that hot. remember what the 451 in Fahrenheit 451 means?

protip: grind your herb first and use a brew bag to keep it out of your butter. if you don’t have a brew bag, use a cheese cloth. if you have some silicone heat proof gloves, you can use them to wring some extra molten butter out of your herbal solids. use a silicone butter mold (with demarcations for butter measurements, the best way) but you can also use those 1 oz solo dipping sauce cups and have an easy way to measure the butter for recipes. chocolate and peanut butter cover the butter taste the best, don’t expect any fruit flavor to stand up.

use concentrates if you really hate the decarbed butter taste, they’re tasteless

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOmgkVF5Anw

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

But there's gotta be a point at which there's no room left in the fat and the THC has nothing to bind to and would then be wasted right? I wanna min/max and eat the tiniest amount of oil and just blast off

Def gonna try eating a gram!

I'm not sure that matters, after all, you could eat distillate if you wanted to, and that's just hash. You'd be brushing your teeth with coconut oil for the rest of the day, but you'd be high as poo poo

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
Thanks guys this thread has a nice ethos.

gently caress I keep forgetting to put my seeds in water. This is why my addiction holds me back, I'm bad at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

do you think the music taste that sticks with you the rest of your life was cemented when you sorta found or discovered yourself as a person in your (typically) 20s ?