Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it doesnt require any context from the game and lots of it actively contradicts the game, what i mean is that the main draw is that it is a version of the game's plot that actually makes sense. so if you're not watching it for that idk if it has as much of an appeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just binged Anohana, and my eyes just won't stop. :cry:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd view The X as a companion piece to Berseria in the sense they both exist in response to people's reactions towards Zestiria the game's narrative failings, and even serves to displace it while going out of its way to advertise Bersy instead.

e: Or in other words it exists more to give Berseria a thematically coherent "sequel" rather than serve a desire for more Zestiria content in and of itself. There's definitely people who liked its cast in concept and wish they got a better shake, but if not for Berseria being what it was they probably would've just moved on.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 1, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AlternateNu posted:

I just binged Anohana, and my eyes just won't stop. :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJywJjwqIK8

:sympathy:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Jesus. That song's going to trigger me until the day I die now, won't it?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Play Berseria before watching the Zestiria anime. Not just because they change some stuff to make the two plots flow together more, but its just a really good game.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

AlternateNu posted:

Jesus. That song's going to trigger me until the day I die now, won't it?

Yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the big thing with zestiria the x is that the flashes to velvet and the berseria stuff are completely random and go nowhere in the context of zestiria the x itself.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

Play Berseria

I kept waiting for a Switch port, so I never touched it :-/

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm still upset they never did a Berseria anime

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I didn't see a "help me identify that anime" thread, if I should post this elsewhere please let me know. My college roommate and I back in the late 90s would grab every bad scif fi movie and anime from our local cheap rental store, some of them were still VHS tapes. The title names that stuck with me over the years were Akira, Dirty Pair, Wicked City, Project A-Ko, and Slayers. A couple of years later we'd be buying evangelion, chobits and hack//sign boxed sets and not too long after that I'd be constantly grabbing fansubs from mIRC.

But this was before I was even looking for anime websites. I don't remember much. It was a shonen I think. The main kid was younger. And all I remember about the episodes or movie is he fought with a stick and he got the crap beaten out of him constantly. With our great wit and imagination we called him stick boy and he had the usual shonen ability to get back up again after being walloped and eventually he beat up the baddies through sheer persistence and maybe some plot bullshit, saving the day. Does that ring a bell with anyone? I'll have to ask my roommate what he remembers.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah it's called ganbare stick-kun and it ran for 700 episodes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd say now and then, here and there but the stick part is like the least memorable aspect

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah it's rare to hear someone describe now and then here and there without mentioning all the rape

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

homeless snail posted:

yeah it's called ganbare stick-kun and it ran for 700 episodes

That wouldn't surprise me but the title sounds too upbeat.

Now that I posted this, of course I found it while looking at a list of anime released here in the 00s. "Now and Then, Here and There."

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'd say now and then, here and there but the stick part is like the least memorable aspect

Yeah that was it. It's funny what sticks with you over the years. I was relieved to see a couple of references to the stick in the Wikipedia article, but yeah I'd forgotten how bad it got for the other characters.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I beat Omori.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I beat Omori.

how was it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I beat Omori.

I guess you could say now there's No-Mori

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I guess you could say now there's No-Mori

Yeah she's not streaming it until Sunday

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah she's not streaming it until Sunday

ha

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

how was it?

Genuinely one of the greatest video games I've ever experienced.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
dang.. I'll have to check it out

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

/

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

dang.. I'll have to check it out

It's pretty long. I clocked in like 35 hours and still didn't do tons of side content...But it's very worth it. I lost my entire weekend to it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

as an omocat wearer i should check out the video game

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

blob-Millie cracks me up

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

forgot how good this manga is

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
It's cause the original scanlator took all his work down after arguing with mangadex staff (not on scraper sites, though), so the new scanlator's starting from scratch

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
scanlator drama never changes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
ok so I'm playing through Fire Emblem Three Houses for the first time and so far my biggest problems are running out of bait and whether I should pair Claude with Dorothea or Petra

this game is turning me into Bakarina and I love it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Discovered a neat manga about a pharmacist's daughter solving mysteries in a Chinese-style palace.
https://mangadex.org/title/21562/kusuriya-no-hitorigoto

It has some moments of man service.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

ok so I'm playing through Fire Emblem Three Houses for the first time and so far my biggest problems are running out of bait and whether I should pair Claude with Dorothea or Petra

(gonna spoiler this for people who have yet to play the game but want to get to it eventually)
  • Remember: Not everybody gets a happy ending. That's war. And war? Never changes.
  • Bad news about Claude x Dorothea, buddy. :(
  • Claude x Petra is still doable.
  • Fear the deer.
  • El barto was here

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's a trick question because Female Byleth can hook up with Dorothea.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Female Byleth can hook up with ANYONE.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Happy setsubun

https://twitter.com/rasra25/status/1356578168614735874?s=21

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
onis out

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wark Say posted:

(gonna spoiler this for people who have yet to play the game but want to get to it eventually)
  • Remember: Not everybody gets a happy ending. That's war. And war? Never changes.
  • Bad news about Claude x Dorothea, buddy. :(
  • Claude x Petra is still doable.
  • Fear the deer.
  • El barto was here

I was pretty much planning Claude x Petra anyway because their C support is too drat cute.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Is there such a thing as a moe filter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Willo567 posted:

Is there such a thing as a moe filter

No but I'm working on a Shemp filter.