Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I know very little about Hu Tao but I am having trouble reconciling what I do know with 'boring paperwork'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Clarste posted:

I thought it was tied to quest progression. It's always happened to me right when you meet Jean in Monstadt.

Might be that too and I just happened to hit a new adventure rank when I unlocked the shop.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hellioning posted:

I know very little about Hu Tao but I am having trouble reconciling what I do know with 'boring paperwork'.

She's the funeral parlor director and zhongli's boss. Lots of paperwork.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I hope hu tao's entire story quest consists of playing mean pranks on people, with no greater significance or lessons learned.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ruby Prism posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjozpa9DsZU

Gosh... the edginess is off the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBTGFtLXsTo

Here, fixed it for you.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I didn't realize that for five star weapons there's just the Skyward line and then one other per class. Seems strange.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

dogsicle posted:

it's weirdly disappointing how little feedback the Jade Spear gives you on where you stack progress/bonus is at, unless i'm missing something

guess i'll send a complaint and see if they do anything with it

The Jade Spear glows green when you have max stacks. The tip of it is like a firey green aura.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

kater posted:

I didn't realize that for five star weapons there's just the Skyward line and then one other per class. Seems strange.

I mean, the game isn't that old yet and all the Skyward weapons are universally good, if not bis for some characters.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

The Jade Spear glows green when you have max stacks. The tip of it is like a firey green aura.

yeah, it also does the green burst at max stacks but the tip aura is not really that noticeable to me. would definitely prefer something like Blackcliff or Summit Shaper have, they're very visible and look nice too.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Trihugger posted:

I mean, the game isn't that old yet and all the Skyward weapons are universally good, if not bis for some characters.

as already mentioned today Skyward Harp is bonkers in loving Yonkers on several folks. my only regret is that Childe and Ganyu have to share

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

as already mentioned today Skyward Harp is bonkers in loving Yonkers on several folks. my only regret is that Childe and Ganyu have to share

I'm having this problem with my single crit damage gladiator helmet right now

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
That pile of dead hilichurls is pretty much anyone after completing their daily missions.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

gonna roll for xiao and dunk on baddies until my hp hits zero

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Tsyni posted:

Here, fixed it for you.

The Japanese VA nails that calm detachment and apathy, selling that the edgy boy is dead inside a lot more than the English VA's teen angst raspy voice.

I think most of the English voice acting is pretty good in Genshin, but Xiao's feels like a misstep. It's not her fault, but I think she was miscast and the direction she received for the character is so at odds with the Chinese, Japanese and Korean's interpretations of him.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
They did cast the most prolific harem protagonist VA in the anime industry for Xiao in Japanese. Detached and dead inside should be exactly in his wheelhouse.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trihugger posted:

They did cast the most prolific harem protagonist VA in the anime industry for Xiao in Japanese. Detached and dead inside should be exactly in his wheelhouse.

You also get used to it as Kirito's VA (where Kirito is generally accepted as either the boss macho or as a punching bag joke, nothing in between).

Jokes aside, the VA is good, I can't deny him that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait, xiao is voiced by a girl in English? Why.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tae posted:

That's extremely common. So is Venti.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tae posted:

English Voice director wanted a young boy voice, and most young male voices are not deep. Female voice actors, however, can usually hit that range. Very common.

Nonetheless, I wished they chose the voice actor of Kirito from the SAO Abridged series.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Ruby Prism posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjozpa9DsZU

Gosh... the edginess is off the charts.

how do you say "i'm going to become the joker" in chinese

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

kater posted:

they haven't finished releasing some of the lines -- there's a Golden Majesty bow datamined and a Jade version of almost every weapon

S.J. posted:

That's extremely common. So is Venti.

And Xingqiu

Stanko-Prussian posted:

how do you say "i'm going to become the joker" in chinese

hahahha

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
First rosaria leak:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/char/rosaria/

For her E she teleports behind an enemy and hits them. Her Q puts a big spear into the ground that pulses and deals pretty good damage, comparable to pyronado. She looks like a cryo off-field damage support/q-bot. Her C2 is the must-have constellation that enables her and her C6 is super narrow and pretty weak.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 2, 2021

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

First rosaria leak:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/char/rosaria/

For her E she teleports behind an enemy and hits them. Her Q puts a big spear into the ground that pulses and deals pretty good damage, comparable to pyronado. She looks like a cryo off-field damage support/q-bot. Her C2 is the must-have constellation that enables her and her C6 is super narrow and pretty weak.

This is perfect... I can finally get rid of my valberries.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm assuming she'll be a bit worse on particle generation than Kaeya but it otherwise looks like she offers some good support alternatives to him. still doubt we have a consistent melt enabler with this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Consistent spammable fire on ice melt enabler is borderline impossible, the only way it's done right now is with really careful manual control using Bennett+Chongyun. Instead you'd use Klee/Diluc to enable reverse melt (like Childe+pyronado). It can't realistically be better than Xingqiu reverse vaporize but it's a different element and has fun aoe potential.

If Hu Tao's internal cooldowns are like Childe's she might be the natural pairing (but again, still probably not better than Xingqiu).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 2, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Her kit reminds me most of Xingqiu: and off-field Q that enables people, and a quick two-hit E for energy generation that would work great with a Sacrificial Spear.

Edit: Wait, does the Sacrificial Spear even exist?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 2, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

With the Stand By Me thing (1x free Liyue character), who's a good pick? I have everyone except for Xinyan and Beidou but I heard Beidou isn't all that great? I don't actively use any of the other characters either, though Ningguang and Xiangling's constellations are nearly full. Chongyun is the highest level one out of the ones I have but I didn't like having another Cryo in my party* with Ganyu and went with Noelle as a heavy hitter instead.

* Current party is Noelle, Barbara, Ganyu and Klee

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Her kit reminds me most of Xingqiu: and off-field Q that enables people, and a quick two-hit E for energy generation that would work great with a Sacrificial Spear.

Edit: Wait, does the Sacrificial Spear even exist?

It does not. :eng101:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
She would be way better if it did, just saying.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She's only got a 7 second CD on her E, I don't think she really needs it.

The other fun weapons coming out later in the patch are the Lithic weapons, 4* spear and claymore that become OP if 3 or more characters in your party are from Liyue (this gets insane at higher refinements, 44% atk + 28% crit rate for free at R5 with 4 characters). https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/lithic_spear/

Hard to go into them if you're low on Mystic Enhancement ore. But pretty interesting for Zhong Li.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Stare-Out posted:

With the Stand By Me thing (1x free Liyue character), who's a good pick? I have everyone except for Xinyan and Beidou but I heard Beidou isn't all that great? I don't actively use any of the other characters either, though Ningguang and Xiangling's constellations are nearly full. Chongyun is the highest level one out of the ones I have but I didn't like having another Cryo in my party* with Ganyu and went with Noelle as a heavy hitter instead.

The only thing Beidou's not great at is breaking the revive pillars on a Geo hypostasis. Especially if you've got Klee setting grass fires left and right, you can wind up for a ridiculous counter electro swing that turbocharges your normal attack, and her ult randomly pops off electro, which goes great with catalyst users to make instant reactions.

You could probably sub her in for Noelle in your existing team comp. She'd need different artifacts and wouldn't be as sturdy as Noelle, but there are castles less sturdy than Noelle.

Then again, she's also on-banner soon, so.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

To answer your question first, I would take Xingqiu, especially if you have sacrificial sword for him. He's a fantastic support DPS for anyone.

What AR are you? I think it's important to use who you have the most fun using, as you must be doing, but the way I have always thought about it is having one main DPS, two support DPS, and one healer/damage mitigator. Childe changed this paradigm a bit, and having two main DPS in a party is maybe more of a thing now. Klee is basically the main DPS in your party, because she's not a very good support compared to many other chars. If you're using her as a support I'd sub in Xiangling or something and use Klee in your second team in abyss. What do you mean by heavy hitter for Noelle? Klee also breaks rock shields/ore with her bombs. If you just want someone to give you a shield with a bit of healing then that's fine, but Barbara should be enough to keep you healed well. Obviously Ganyu is Ganyu. Great main DPS and decent support.

I feel like there is a part near AR40 where having a decently optimized party matters for certain encounters (and especially for Abyss, that's a given), and then as you get to AR50 your guys are so OP (unless you're spread thin and have done nothing with artifacts) that you could just use a random mishmash.

edit: if you have C4 Klee then she's a much better support, but if you have C4 Klee then feel my envy.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 2, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If Xiao can knock down The big Icechurls like klee, he won't be a bad pull.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
My problem right now is I want to farm Klee artifacts but I can’t do the lvl 90 dungeon solo, so I have to co-op. Which so far has been fine, except I can’t take in Klee and if I take in Razor I think he just keeps getting blown up somehow. I should probably spend some time reading mechanics. Anywho, everyone else I have is built for support and my two highest is Sucrose and Qiqi both 70. Sucrose is AMAZING but only with Klee, and when I take Qiqi people are like “lol no Qiqi” even though she will guarantee that nobody will die.

So I thought about farming up artifacts for Razor so that I can farm Klee solo. Except I guess his artifacts don’t come from dungeons so that sucks. All my weapons are 70 or 80 already, and the 8-9 characters I use all have maxed out talents (the lvl 70s being at 6/6). Klee, Qiqi, Razor, and Sucrose are 70/70, the rest at 60/60.

I blitzed through Abyss until I think floor 7 with the fatui guys and didn’t have the damage to clear it.

Team 1: Klee, Bennett (heals + fire synergy), Sucrose (sucking up bombs), Xingqiu (water sword things)

Team 2: Razor, Fischl (electro synergy + to poo poo out birds), Qiqi (healing and superconduct), Noelle/Albedo (not sure which to use)

Should I keep smashing my head against Klee’s artifact dungeon with co-op and ignore “lol Qiqi” comments, or is there another artifact dungeon that I should farm first to make things easier for solo farming? Should I ascend Klee/Razor to 70/80?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

70/80 is worth it. Also you should read the pop-up before the crimson witch domain starts.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

all you really need for the Witch domain is a hydro to put out the pyro auras/break shields. granted, the first wave being slimes means it's harder to actually put out the fire on them but everything after is not actually fire-typed to mess you up by triggering the domain's negative effects when using Razor.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

My problem right now is I want to farm Klee artifacts but I can’t do the lvl 90 dungeon solo, so I have to co-op. Which so far has been fine, except I can’t take in Klee and if I take in Razor I think he just keeps getting blown up somehow. I should probably spend some time reading mechanics. Anywho, everyone else I have is built for support and my two highest is Sucrose and Qiqi both 70. Sucrose is AMAZING but only with Klee, and when I take Qiqi people are like “lol no Qiqi” even though she will guarantee that nobody will die.

So I thought about farming up artifacts for Razor so that I can farm Klee solo. Except I guess his artifacts don’t come from dungeons so that sucks. All my weapons are 70 or 80 already, and the 8-9 characters I use all have maxed out talents (the lvl 70s being at 6/6). Klee, Qiqi, Razor, and Sucrose are 70/70, the rest at 60/60.

I blitzed through Abyss until I think floor 7 with the fatui guys and didn’t have the damage to clear it.

Team 1: Klee, Bennett (heals + fire synergy), Sucrose (sucking up bombs), Xingqiu (water sword things)

Team 2: Razor, Fischl (electro synergy + to poo poo out birds), Qiqi (healing and superconduct), Noelle/Albedo (not sure which to use)

Should I keep smashing my head against Klee’s artifact dungeon with co-op and ignore “lol Qiqi” comments, or is there another artifact dungeon that I should farm first to make things easier for solo farming? Should I ascend Klee/Razor to 70/80?

I would pick Albedo for the second team, hands down. I say that having never really used Noelle, but I think Albedo has much better support damage as well as crystal generation. They look like two great teams.

If you come to the discord I am sure people would help you run through the dungeon. I am often sitting around bored and would happily run you through 15 fragile resin's worth of domains, if you really wanted. I feel like Qiqi would be fine for that domain. Not sure what people are on about. You could bring Xingqiu and people might be happier with that.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
For the witch domain if you run to the far left corner from the entrance after activing the key, the slime with the aura will not aggro and you can just beat the rest of the dungeon one guy at a time until that slime is the last mob left. You do not need to leave that corner as every other mob will aggro you and run over. As mentioned, water can put out the fire aura as well so Barbara's E can keep your opponent wet while it is up, and you can always use a few regular attacks of hers as well. Then you just beat up the mobs as normal.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

For her E she teleports behind an enemy and hits them.

Does she say "Nothing personnel, kid"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Glazius posted:

The only thing Beidou's not great at is breaking the revive pillars on a Geo hypostasis. Especially if you've got Klee setting grass fires left and right, you can wind up for a ridiculous counter electro swing that turbocharges your normal attack, and her ult randomly pops off electro, which goes great with catalyst users to make instant reactions.

You could probably sub her in for Noelle in your existing team comp. She'd need different artifacts and wouldn't be as sturdy as Noelle, but there are castles less sturdy than Noelle.

Then again, she's also on-banner soon, so.

Yeah, her trial was pretty fun, mostly because I like a counter mechanic and her's seems great. I'd have to consider her for a Noelle replacement, but where I'm at currently, Noelle's shield and group healing really come in handy. Also, Klee's charge attack isn't too bad against the Geo pillars, especially if you have one of her lasers going which eliminates the stam cost entirely.

Tsyni posted:

To answer your question first, I would take Xingqiu, especially if you have sacrificial sword for him. He's a fantastic support DPS for anyone.

What AR are you? I think it's important to use who you have the most fun using, as you must be doing, but the way I have always thought about it is having one main DPS, two support DPS, and one healer/damage mitigator. Childe changed this paradigm a bit, and having two main DPS in a party is maybe more of a thing now. Klee is basically the main DPS in your party, because she's not a very good support compared to many other chars. If you're using her as a support I'd sub in Xiangling or something and use Klee in your second team in abyss. What do you mean by heavy hitter for Noelle? Klee also breaks rock shields/ore with her bombs. If you just want someone to give you a shield with a bit of healing then that's fine, but Barbara should be enough to keep you healed well. Obviously Ganyu is Ganyu. Great main DPS and decent support.

I feel like there is a part near AR40 where having a decently optimized party matters for certain encounters (and especially for Abyss, that's a given), and then as you get to AR50 your guys are so OP (unless you're spread thin and have done nothing with artifacts) that you could just use a random mishmash.

edit: if you have C4 Klee then she's a much better support, but if you have C4 Klee then feel my envy.

Yeah, no, I've only ever pulled Klee once so C0 still. :( I just got AR50 today. I do use Klee as something of a support right now since I'm doing a lot of stuff on the mountain and she's the best fire character I have, though her damage isn't all that impressive (I haven't ascended her beyond lvl 70 yet though). But she's also the most reliable and consistent source of fire I have so she's also there to set up melts and stuff. Along with Ganyu, Noelle is the best DPS I have right now, she absolutely crushes everything.

I'll have to look into how Xingqiu would fit in, thanks!