Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

please do not draw this
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1352642700915449858

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

TONY MEATBALLS posted:

Is there still time to buy a book? I'd like to buy a book

I don't think you can buy any from the current run, but Twoday said that orders will be open again after the first run.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
there was a fantastic animation somebody posted a while back of the wind turbines killing birds drawning. does anybody have a link?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Sing Along posted:

there was a fantastic animation somebody posted a while back of the wind turbines killing birds drawning. does anybody have a link?

Maybe the animation I did of twoday's art? If so, I only have this one available now as I'm mobile https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJK5RSo2/

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So post trump era, I see two aspects to it

one, my anger at Trump himself, and all the bad poo poo he did

two, my anger at every motherfucker who enabled him or through abject cowardice did nothing. These people I hate just as much, but this is the surprising hate, the hate I didn't budget for

Have an illustration for a 1960s edition of The Odyssey, done by a husband and wife illustration team

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Being angry at Trump is about as helpful as being angry at the computer opponent when it beats you in a fighting game.
It has no autonomy, only programming and set responses to stimuli, and he was no worse a president than Obama, he just didn't bother covering up the horrible things he did.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Tubgoat posted:

and he was no worse a president than Obama, he just didn't bother covering up the horrible things he did.

Unironic lol there, friend. Though you are trying to argue against how someone feels, which is a laugh all by itself in at least two ways

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Nebakenezzer posted:

Unironic lol there, friend. Though you are trying to argue against how someone feels, which is a laugh all by itself in at least two ways

No, for sure everyone is entitled to feel as they do, I just think projecting sapience and autonomy onto Trump is misguided, and a distraction from the fact that he met absolutely no legislative resistance whatsoever in democrats.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Tubgoat posted:

No, for sure everyone is entitled to feel as they do, I just think projecting sapience and autonomy onto Trump is misguided, and a distraction from the fact that he met absolutely no legislative resistance whatsoever in democrats.

Well first I learn CSPAM doesn't think voting or what people think is important in politics, and now I find "ascribing sapience onto Trump(!) distracts from the important thing: demonizing democrats"

Oh and I guess "feeling are fine, but your current feelings do not conform to the one true way and therefore are not fine", the artful dodge of mansplaining, so good job there

Unless you can turn this into something about golem making via medieval alchemy (which I'd be down for), please do not go on. Post Bernie's loss CSPAM political opinions passed the same event horizon the GOP did, in that everybody's views are so stupid and terrible I legit can't tell who's a troll and who's sincere anymore, and that's when I genuinely give no shits about how their epistemological pest house are avoiding admitting fault and sticking their heads in the sand this week.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I wouldn't demonise democrats that didn't vote for evil.

Edit: spelling correction that changed the pronunciation of a word.

Tubgoat has issued a correction as of 06:43 on Jan 25, 2021

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
is this the thread about the book that days tarm truop tumpbr

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Flavius Aetass posted:

is this the thread about the book that days tarm truop tumpbr

Tirngle dormp.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shu tt the FUCIK up...BITCH

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

shu tt the FUCIK up...BITCH

astonished at this doctrine

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

that reminds me, I really need to get this avatar adjusted to more readable proportions

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i really hope my "nuke the sky and let it be eternal noon in america" quote gets in

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

cumshitter posted:

i really hope my "nuke the sky and let it be eternal noon in america" quote gets in

this is real good posting

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/1345552767297888256?s=20

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

new aquatic mammal just dropped

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

what is she thinking?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Uranium posted:

It's eyes are weird

Similarly the new duck in 2021 is gonna look like this

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

dumbass idiot whale/dolphin nobody likes you

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i love the toothy tongue swimmer

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Uranium posted:

false alarm, just the false killer whale

if my memory of those cool animal books for kids is any indication then the Archons started circulating them at least 20 years ago

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Man, a beluga whale and a false killer whale are like a muppet and an evil version of a muppet

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
two day eat the book

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Gangster Planet episode of Star Trek, but instead of a book about the mafia, it's this book.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Iron Crowned posted:

The Gangster Planet episode of Star Trek, but instead of a book about the mafia, it's this book.

I watched that episode recently with my sister, who noticed the mob boss Oxmix doesn't know how to play pool

Also I love this scenario you outlined, I've no idea how Kirk is going to just roll with it and get these assholes into the federation

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

seeing [book] kickstarter updates in my email makes me happy

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

update!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
there are two constants in 2021

joe biden owes me god drat 2000

twoday owes me a god drat book

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I'm over book 1, give me my drat book 2

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
obok!

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

waiting for book but life must goon

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
ooh a book update in my emailz

sounds great twoday I’m happy you’re pleased with how it’s going

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust_(1994_film)

I have no idea if you can find this movie or not but it seems thread aprop

surrealism, absurdism, really really weird

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
does anyone have the "agriculture was a mistake" image handy

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I wonder what Alejandro is thinking right now :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

2DCAT posted:

I wonder what Alejandro is thinking right now :thunk:

"Why can't Lady Gaga be like this with me anymore?"