Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Never read/post in a megathread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The chat threads really need to get moved to CCCC already, they're barely even tangentially political anymore. It's just doomer rage posting by people who mostly have much more comfortable lives than me, which is kind of funny in a meta sense but makes the subforum complete trash.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i like succ zone usually but yeah in a forum where autistic weirdo is the baseline there are some real gems found in some of them. this place has always had the tendency to be a self-reinforcing feedback loop of people driving eachother more unhinged. the runaway goonhouse effect

THS
Sep 15, 2017

to be fair this is seen everywhere else online too, and is just how it works now. like matt christman has said, twitter discourse has become a public nervous breakdown

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the covid thread feels like it's half full of people who spend like $900/month on takeout

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I mean I'm being a little glib but yeah it is and it's terrifying (among all the other terrors we're all on a collision course with)

I think we're also running out of... potassium? phosphorus? one of those things, as a critical component of fertilizer

Killing our waterways with excess nitrogen by overusing fertilizer, that will run out, on crops and lawns

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i say swears online posted:

the covid thread feels like it's half full of people who spend like $900/month on takeout

Our very own taintrunner posts about his $3000 VR rig in the gaming thread lmao.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

my favorite type of goon is one that gets ran out, goes to twitter until they get called out for being a rapist/creep, then rereg

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Our very own taintrunner posts about his $3000 VR rig in the gaming thread lmao.

that was an excellent political compass photoshop tho

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

succ zone has been deteriorating from ftv brain rot, hate to see it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

as long as he doesn't start litigating the ethics of scalping GPUs and mining bitcoin I'm willing to look the other way

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

THS posted:

i like succ zone usually but yeah in a forum where autistic weirdo is the baseline there are some real gems found in some of them. this place has always had the tendency to be a self-reinforcing feedback loop of people driving eachother more unhinged. the runaway goonhouse effect

we really need to commit to 100% renewal shitposts by 2030

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Did someone release a podcast about circle-jerking over how much better you are than the other posters on SA or has the thread topic wandered?

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Weembles posted:

Did someone release a podcast about circle-jerking over how much better you are than the other posters on SA or has the thread topic wandered?

I'm starting one. You wanna be 2nd mic?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

as long as he doesn't start litigating the ethics of scalping GPUs and mining bitcoin I'm willing to look the other way

What We See :

quote:

Congratulations on voting for a racist warmongering rapist who spends every waking moment thirsting for muslim bl

What Taintrunner Sees :

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

complaining about a thread being off topic in cspam......... okay call the posting police dude

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

complaining about a thread being off topic in cspam......... okay call the posting police dude

No, no. People can post what they want.

I was just hoping that not evey thread has to be either the succ zone or about the succ zone and slightly worrying about the amount of D&D style hand-wrining about content going on these days.

I'll let everyone get back to Taintrunner chat now.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Weembles posted:

I was just hoping that not evey thread has to be either the succ zone or about the succ zone and slightly worrying about the amount of D&D style hand-wrining about content going on these days.

It can also be like the gaming, anime, weed, cooking, covid or biden threads and be about cum. we have 3 options tyvm

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Weembles posted:

make the QCS thread OP

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

new war nerd was great, been a solid run for them now, appreciated the background on navalny especially since so many awful people (eg mcfaul) are claiming he’s the second coming of christ

funny that they put the ep out as this myanmar coup (?) stuff was breaking, something like this seems to happen to them a lot

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

THS posted:

the runaway goonhouse effect
i'll start the commune

also i call dibs on being commune therapist and crafts maker

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i will be chief anime appraiser, and i appraise all anime as Bad

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

THS posted:

i will be chief anime appraiser, and i appraise all anime as Bad

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

turns out the Goon Whining Potential for this thread is 80+ (when compared to the baseline of 1 CC thread)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm a few eps behind on War Nerd, but Mark Ames being terrified of wilderness in upstate New York is wonderful. We've had a whole episode about ticks, and now news about the cat eating coyotes. I feel like he's going to have an incident with poison ivy this summer.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

turns out the Goon Whining Potential for this thread is 80+ (when compared to the baseline of 1 CC thread)

when was the last time cc even made a thread here

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Weembles posted:

*chk* trump thread poster spotted, over *chk*

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

succ zone has been deteriorating from ftv brain rot, hate to see it

Cognitive dysdoreia

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

THS posted:

a self-reinforcing feedback loop of people driving eachother more unhinged. the runaway goonhouse effect

Holy poo poo. "Goonhouse Effect" lmfao, bravisimo :discourse:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Trash Ops posted:

my favorite type of goon is one that gets ran out, goes to twitter until they get called out for being a rapist/creep, then rereg

The circle of posting.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

tiberion02 posted:

Holy poo poo. "Goonhouse Effect" lmfao, bravisimo :discourse:

thanks man, i am glad to have a fan. if you see my av you should always slow down your scrolling and take a gander :)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

to be fair this is seen everywhere else online too, and is just how it works now. like matt christman has said, twitter discourse has become a public nervous breakdown

It doesn't have to be, its just that much like Twitter this subforum has a bunch of mods that think the job is running a word filter and sharing their own insane neuroses instead of telling people to stfu.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

All SA threads have a tendency to become insanely insular over time

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
lol there certainly has been a small uptick in people complaining about cspam lately, from both D&D types upset about the supposed uncivility of the posters here, to GBS types upset about the supposed sensitivity of our mods

love to see it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

thotsky posted:

lol there certainly has been a small uptick in people complaining about cspam lately, from both D&D types upset about the supposed uncivility of the posters here, to GBS types upset about the supposed sensitivity of our mods

love to see it

Trump was a font of pure content unlike anything we will ever see again. It is going to take a while for CSPAM to come down from that four year high.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

bedpan posted:

Trump was a font of pure content unlike anything we will ever see again. It is going to take a while for CSPAM to come down from that four year high.

he focused our collective will. now we will tear each other apart.

https://twitter.com/JSomm_/status/1356685856111808515?s=20

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
trueanon is good

also bring back stavvy solves your prolems

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

Turning your apolitical neuroses into a political cause ftw... My favorite type of cspam guy is the one who said pet ownership is degenerate and pets are the #1 cause for spreading coronavirus, so all pets need to be executed immediately. Also, cops wives deserve to be beaten

are we talking wives of cops. or wives who are cops (hot)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

What We See :

What Taintrunner Sees :

ive been saying this. he cant be beaten. he just drinks a bunch after and gets to be with his gf &/or his vr gf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

THS posted:

online was a mistake. shut it all down