Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Curious that only the Destroy Ending was shown in the trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

pentyne posted:

It's been a long time, but did ME2 also have the new game+ like ME1? I seem to remember the only way I managed to get a character to level 60 in ME1 was at least 3 playthroughs also using the Pinnacle Station dlc to grind.

The game would just stop you at 50 on your first playthrough even if you had already unlocked the achievement that let you go to 60.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This is all what I expected but not what I hoped for. Eh. I'll probably buy it, but it's disappointing all the same.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
somehow I'm still disappointed, even though its exactly what I thought it would be

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Kurieg posted:

"Includes single player content only"

Welp at least that's a confirmation.

I'd bet that a multiplayer "expansion" for $20-30 will make an appearance if the single player remaster sells well enough.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cythereal posted:

This is all what I expected but not what I hoped for. Eh. I'll probably buy it, but it's disappointing all the same.

Unless you already own it all on PC there's really no other option. And I don't think certain DLCs are even available any more.

Bust out a console 2 gens old, one of which is famous for making GBS threads the bed randomly, and hope you can get a server connection to authenticate all your sweet DLC assuming the marketplace still works? Or pay $60 for all that taken care of for you.

When they say 40 pieces of DLC, it's mostly the cosmetics right? I'd laugh my head off if they excluded certain story DLCs to save money paying writers or something but have all 10 versions of Shepard's themed armor each game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

pentyne posted:

Unless you already own it all on PC there's really no other option. And I don't think certain DLCs are even available any more.

Bust out a console 2 gens old, one of which is famous for making GBS threads the bed randomly, and hope you can get a server connection to authenticate all your sweet DLC assuming the marketplace still works? Or pay $60 for all that taken care of for you.

When they say 40 pieces of DLC, it's mostly the cosmetics right? I'd laugh my head off if they excluded certain story DLCs to save money paying writers or something but have all 10 versions of Shepard's themed armor each game.

We were joking around that the Dr pepper helmets were all counted separately

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm also loling that the terrible ME3 femshep head being back ported is a big selling point. The whole way that default head came about is still funny to me out of many things on the BSN forums.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

pentyne posted:

I own it all on PC, but it's such a nuisance to reinstall the trilogy and download and install every DLC (particularly given that some of the website stuff used to do it is no longer around) that the convenience of this will be very welcome.

pentyne posted:

ME3 had a load of DLC adding the weapons from multiplayer. A lot of which are rather broken. Should be fun.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Insanite posted:

Most importantly:

The loading times inside the lift up to the Citadel's Presidium level have been reduced from 52 seconds to 14

So I don't get to hear the elevator banter anymore??? PREORDER CANCELLED! :argh:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

I do wonder how that works. Some of that precious elevator chatter needs space to breathe.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Doctor Nutt posted:

Improved customization better mean we get some updated hairstyles.

quote:

New Shepard Customizations: With improved hair, makeup, eye color and skin tones you can create your Shepard in a unified character creator with all options available across the full trilogy, or choose to play as the iconic Femshep from Mass Effect 3 now available in all titles.

:toot:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Insanite posted:

I do wonder how that works. Some of that precious elevator chatter needs space to breathe.

I bet they just start it on the elevator and have it continue when you exit

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"The Iconic Femshep" is quite a phrase when you think about it

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

RBA Starblade posted:

I like that they at least figured out who they are selling this to and FemShep is prominent in the promo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RBA Starblade posted:

"The Iconic Femshep" who only appeared in one game and whom we changed the voted for hair color because a bunch of weird sad grognards whined about not having a precious red head instead of a stupid vapid blond whore

What a loving mess that whole thing was.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Redhead with lego hair and big fish eyes is certainly iconic.

Be funny seeing 4K Bioware models do their awkward mannequin emoting.

The vote on Femshep's was nuts. If she was blonde she was a bimbo, if she was a POC it was trying to appease the PC diversity crowd, if she had a short military haircut she looked like a butch lesbian. So she ended up focus tested into a long haired, dark lipstick and eyeshadow covered redhead with green eyes who hopped out of a horny Frank Frazetta painting and still looked bad because the mass effect headmeshes that aren't based off of pre existing people tend to be terrible.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 2, 2021

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

RBA Starblade posted:

It's actually the name of my queer sheepherder's acid jazz house band.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Cythereal posted:

I own it all on PC, but it's such a nuisance to reinstall the trilogy and download and install every DLC (particularly given that some of the website stuff used to do it is no longer around) that the convenience of this will be very welcome.
I'll buy it because I'd just like to play through it all with higher-quality assets and shaders (especially in ME1's case; that screenshot of Feros looks pretty promising I think) without any hassle, but if you don't really care about that, I'd recommend doing what I did and just registering your copies via EA's Origin. Pretty sure it even installs both of ME1's DLC by default.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sombrerotron posted:

I'll buy it because I'd just like to play through it all with higher-quality assets and shaders (especially in ME1's case; that screenshot of Feros looks pretty promising I think) without any hassle, but if you don't really care about that, I'd recommend doing what I did and just registering your copies via EA's Origin. Pretty sure it even installs both of ME1's DLC by default.

Oh I'm absolutely down for the improved graphics and engine/UI improvements. I recently started a new game of ME1 and yeesh.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Oh I'm absolutely down for the improved graphics and engine/UI improvements. I recently started a new game of ME1 and yeesh.

I had to recently talk myself out of doing another ME1 playthrough because the re-release should theoretically be out in a few months or less.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
with mods I think ME1 is the best looking game in the series

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
ME1 isn't blown out with bloom and filters the way 2 is and it doesn't have the grey sludge filter of 3. Of course it looks nicer. I also think the character dialogue sounds so crisp in 1 and the reverb on Garrus and Wrex's voices is so sexy.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Some more bits of info:

quote:

Gameplay Enhancements for the First Mass Effect Game: Enjoy improved aiming and weapons balance, SFX, better Mako controls, input/controls, squad behavior, cover behavior and gameplay cameras.

quote:

Visual Enhancements for the First Mass Effect Game: The game's been given a full world-building pass including environmental art, VFX and level relighting.

quote:

PC Updates: Enjoy a modernized PC experience across all three games with native controller and 21:9 widescreen support, user interface navigation improvements, and DirectX 11 compatibility.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
So if I buy the LE I can finally delete the DLCs I downloaded for bioware points more than a decade ago?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Insanite posted:

I'd bet that a multiplayer "expansion" for $20-30 will make an appearance if the single player remaster sells well enough.

Mass Effect multiplayer is all about microtransactions. People spent thousands of dollars on the lootboxes, there is no way they would take a paid expansion model over microtransactions.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm also loling that the terrible ME3 femshep head being back ported is a big selling point. The whole way that default head came about is still funny to me out of many things on the BSN forums.

Gingers are people too, with souls and everything. Representation is important.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

kilus aof posted:

Mass Effect multiplayer is all about microtransactions. People spent thousands of dollars on the lootboxes, there is no way they would take a paid expansion model over microtransactions.

Just make every one dreams come true and release it as a drat F2P Multiplayer gatcha game (but keep the credit progress for bronze/silver/gold the same) already.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
God I can't imagine grinding back to Best of the Best in multiplayer

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

moist turtleneck posted:

God I can't imagine grinding back to Best of the Best in multiplayer

Don't worry, Bioware's got you covered there.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I have zero confidence in bioware being able to do a facelift without creating awful game breaking bugs somehow

Already been burned twice, not gonna do it again

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Moola posted:

somehow I'm still disappointed, even though its exactly what I thought it would be

That's your brain protecting you for when Bioware somehow completely fucks it up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Gingers are people too, with souls and everything. Representation is important.

God I mentioned it last page but the way the masks really came off some folks when a blonde Shepard had the audacity to win the first round of votes... Definitely an eye-opening "Gamer" moment that predated actual Gamergate.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Sombrerotron posted:

Some more bits of info:

Fuuuuuuuuuuckkk. The bit about controller support and 21x9 is exactly what I wanted! This remaster is going to bet GOTY!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhC46YsFDR0&t=296s

smdh the brainstorm doc for Mass Effect 2 party members calls Garrus a dang Salarian

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Doctor Nutt posted:

God I mentioned it last page but the way the masks really came off some folks when a blonde Shepard had the audacity to win the first round of votes... Definitely an eye-opening "Gamer" moment that predated actual Gamergate.

honestly the various gamer shitfits over BioWare alone (that poor developer who they harassed because she wanted a story mode for DA/ME, the ending, etc.) feel like a direct line to gamergate

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pattonesque posted:

honestly the various gamer shitfits over BioWare alone (that poor developer who they harassed because she wanted a story mode for DA/ME, the ending, etc.) feel like a direct line to gamergate

Yeah, the connective tissue is there for sure now that you mention it. *gigglesquee, nom her head*

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

The bioware forums and the whole bioware social network (which now no longer exists right?) are a case study in how to completely botch community engagement by both letting staff who shouldn't be posting allowed to post while marked as staff and also give visible targets for the worst, most vocal members of the fanbase.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

pentyne posted:

The bioware forums and the whole bioware social network (which now no longer exists right?) are a case study in how to completely botch community engagement by both letting staff who shouldn't be posting allowed to post while marked as staff and also give visible targets for the worst, most vocal members of the fanbase.

the BSN exists, I think, as a fan-run unofficial site

but yeah devs posting on forums is a thing that has to be really carefully planned or it leads to the dreaded "broken promises" target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

kilus aof posted:

Oh, there’ll be microtransactions, too. How else will you be able to unlock the next-gen armor effects or diamond-tier elevator rides in a reasonable amount of time?