Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
nintendoland is crazy i hope they eventually build it in orlando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Nintendoworld looks solid but really tiny. It seems really fun to spend an hour or two in but would probably end up below either HP area or even Toy Story land for me.

Like, a whole park of a lot of small areas of that quality would be great so maybe that will still happen here.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
toy story land could really use a sit down restaurant, another ride, and shade. nintendoland looks better at the moment.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Dren posted:

toy story land could really use a sit down restaurant, another ride, and shade. nintendoland looks better at the moment.

It's getting one of those.

But I'd rather SWGE got a third ride before TSL got a 4th.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Same. I think TS land is better than most folks here but yeah, 3 rides and solid themeing all around is a good start. The restaurant will make it feel the most complete off all the newer expansions from Pandora on IMO. Star Wars getting a 3rd ride would definitely put it on top though.

I'd like see another ride at Pandora too, but that probably rides on the success of the never to be released sequel(s).

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Build some drat shade in Toy Story Land.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Nanigans posted:

Build some drat shade in Toy Story Land.

:yeah:

edit instead of double post: I was just randomly lamenting how the theme park I grew up going to and worked at recently has gone so far downhill in food. They used to have a teriyaki burger that I would get a lot as a kid. They certainly don't have anything like that anymore. Thanks Cedar Fair.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 1, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

if they added all the woody-side poo poo they'd planned to do originally with TSL (and basically did the whole concept they had) I'd probably spend half a day just in that part of the park. Shade or no shade.

like I'm a weirdo, I know, but I really want to explore that woody's roundup poo poo.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

Same. I think TS land is better than most folks here but yeah, 3 rides and solid themeing all around is a good start. The restaurant will make it feel the most complete off all the newer expansions from Pandora on IMO. Star Wars getting a 3rd ride would definitely put it on top though.

I'd like see another ride at Pandora too, but that probably rides on the success of the never to be released sequel(s).

Star Wars and Pandora both need 3rd rides too! I was recently thinking how Pandora could actually get one if the never to be released movies do well. Star Wars needs a 3rd ride because all the extra stuff to do has problems.. lightsabers are $200, Oga’s is hard to get into and not the kid friendliest. They really should have a super kid friendly simple ride on thing like the wampas where u can soak in the atmosphere and ride around. Or they should commit to doing the more elaborate live shows throughout the day like they did at media day.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Galaxy's Edge needs a proper sit-down restaurant before anything else right now. I don't know about a 3rd ride since that would give both HS and DLR 4 Star Wars rides. It would be far cheaper to just program a few different 'levels' for Smuggler's Run and randomize them like Star Tours.

Pandora could use another ride for sure and a sit-down restaurant too. Right now another of Pandora's problems is that AK closes before it gets dark out so you can't see it at night which is loving amazing. That in itself is almost like an attraction.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 1, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pandora won't be getting a third ride most likely until they see how Avatar 2: blue cat gently caress boogaloo does in theaters

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Next cardboard cutout victim spotted

https://twitter.com/vinbel12/status/1356011950459772931?s=21

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ma Ey-blaarrghhh

Don't they have a screen for her?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She’s been working hard leave her alone

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

if they added all the woody-side poo poo they'd planned to do originally with TSL (and basically did the whole concept they had) I'd probably spend half a day just in that part of the park. Shade or no shade.

like I'm a weirdo, I know, but I really want to explore that woody's roundup poo poo.

I haven't seen that stuff, but do you think the Jessie carousel that they put at Pixar Pier was from that? I never went on it because uhhhh no I'm gonna go on Incredicoaster for the 4th time in a row.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1356647484630556674?s=20
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1356647485259698177?s=20
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1356647752357171201?s=20

Distwitter sounds like the worst place istg, just absolute brain disease from people who have zero personality outside of The Brand.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Dis-social media is basically just the same as other brands with awful fan base, but turned up to 11 because of the size of the echo chamber.

couldcareless fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 2, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Disney "influencers" are the loving worst of any hobby/industry I've had any interaction or attention towards. Jenny aside, she's great.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The easy way to tell if a Disney youtuber/influencer is completely indoctrinated is if they refuse to say a single bad thing. Like the most negative thing TimTracker will say is “Eh...I wouldn’t get it again”

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Al Lutz was an inside job.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Fartington Butts posted:

The easy way to tell if a Disney youtuber/influencer is completely indoctrinated is if they refuse to say a single bad thing. Like the most negative thing TimTracker will say is “Eh...I wouldn’t get it again”

The only times Tim and Jen actually complain in their videos is when they end up paying for something or paying more than they expected. They’re so far into themselves as influencers, they expect almost everything to be free when they can manage it, and never bother with any impartiality.

This stands in stark contrast to the DIS crew. Although there’s other parts I don’t care for regarding DIS, they refuse to give a rating/review of anything that was comped by Disney, or even if they think the staff might have treated them differently by realizing they are reviewers.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fartington Butts posted:

Yeah this applies across all interests. They rely on that company connection and have zero ethical considerations like actual journalists do.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think the worst case of "never saying a bad word about a thing" I've ever seen is in the "Showing off luxury yachts" youtube videos that I get recommended every once in a while by the algorithm. Essentially people go on high end yachts and take tours, and its 100 percent clear they only reason they get to show off the yachts is as a marketing tool to sell people on how great they are.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I work in the Orlando parks. The amount of YouTubers, influencers, etc. infiltrating the parks is becoming a bit ridiculous. The other day Disney opened JUST the new bathroom area for the new Ratatouille ride, and of course hundreds of vloggers show up to document it.

I am a huge theme park nut and I do love WDW, but I refuse to be these people.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's 2035, Disney influencers and bloggers now outnumber regular guests 5 to 1. Camera blackout dates are strictly enforced on park attendees to help curb the saturation of the online people. Price of a Coke is up to $13.55 and Avatar 2 is coming out next year to a strange amount of hype. Disney finally solved the roaming droids in star wars land after they realized they can use their fleet of janitorial robots they already utilize in the rest of the park.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

couldcareless posted:

Disney finally solved the roaming droids in star wars land after they realized they can use their fleet of janitorial robots they already utilize in the rest of the park.

That reminds me, I saw some droid testing in my local supermarket.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Boxman posted:

That reminds me, I saw some droid testing in my local supermarket.

Whoever put the googly eyes on that should get a raise.

Not even kidding, it's an excellent way to make it go from 'ominous and weird' to 'people can't stop giggling when they see it'.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
I like to play spot the vlogger (Or live streamer) it's pretty easy to with the big fuzzy microphone covers and gimbals. Anything new at the park attracts them like flies. Watch one of ResortTV1's live streams and how people toss cash (superchat) at them like candy and you wonder where this will end up -- covid era where people can't travel especially. I suspect something crazy happens with these folks at some point and the parks wind up banning or severely limiting it at some point. Granted roaming live streaming is difficult to pull off well, but there's tons of people attempting it now.

I've ran into Tim Tracker alone 15 times, and wound up in several of his videos by chance. Most recently Busch Gardens and Legoland. I'm some sort of vlogger magnet.

Atricks fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 2, 2021

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I work in the Orlando parks. The amount of YouTubers, influencers, etc. infiltrating the parks is becoming a bit ridiculous. The other day Disney opened JUST the new bathroom area for the new Ratatouille ride, and of course hundreds of vloggers show up to document it.

I am a huge theme park nut and I do love WDW, but I refuse to be these people.

One a slow day in Disneyland, in the Critter Country cafe, we watched a sad-looking couple sit at a riverside table. They had a tray of desserts, pulled out a bunch of equipment from a backpack and got their scene all set up. Then they sat beside each other, turned on the camera, and their behavior changed 180 degrees. So loud, so "happy" reviewing desserts they were eating. Once the camera was off, the smiles disappeared, the equipment went away and they sadly walked away.

I sure hope the money is worth it, those folks looked miserable.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Disney will probably ban camera gimbles next as they're just non-extending selfie sticks and I've seen dumb people holding them out on rides just the same.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Nottherealaborn posted:

The only times Tim and Jen actually complain in their videos is when they end up paying for something or paying more than they expected. They’re so far into themselves as influencers, they expect almost everything to be free when they can manage it, and never bother with any impartiality.

This stands in stark contrast to the DIS crew. Although there’s other parts I don’t care for regarding DIS, they refuse to give a rating/review of anything that was comped by Disney, or even if they think the staff might have treated them differently by realizing they are reviewers.

I guess I'm not hooked into Disney Influencer culture, but wouldn't the point be to pay for everything out of pocket to provide meaningful coverage? Why would they want something free, wouldn't that bias whatever they're covering?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Chainclaw posted:

I guess I'm not hooked into Disney Influencer culture, but wouldn't the point be to pay for everything out of pocket to provide meaningful coverage? Why would they want something free, wouldn't that bias whatever they're covering?

They don't care about that. They just want to get paid for going to Disney and get free stuff from Disney.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Influencers don't care about providing meaningful coverage at all. Hence my previous post

Bottom Liner posted:

They have zero ethical considerations like actual journalists do.

Social media influence culture is about building your personal brand around a niche/hobby/industry and making money from partnership deals and the access you gain from your popularity. It's a mix of insidious marketing and preying on parasocial relationships. In the disney social media world it provides a proxy for people that can't regularly visit the parks so it makes sense that vloggers blew up in that scene.

Not to say there aren't good youtubers/instagrammers/etc but the vast majority are grossly unprofessional to outright awful people.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I only watch a couple Disney YT people now. My go to guy is 100% upfront about what Disney gives them for free, and is mostly honest about everything.

I do agree that many of them though are not good and are clearly biased.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I still want to do a youtube channel that's just like an hour of high quality shots of different areas of the park with good sound quality and no talking. Like B roll footage you could throw on an extra monitor to just see the parks and hear the sounds and music while working and stuff. Maybe I'll start that when covid is behind us.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

I still want to do a youtube channel that's just like an hour of high quality shots of different areas of the park with good sound quality and no talking. Like B roll footage you could throw on an extra monitor to just see the parks and hear the sounds and music while working and stuff. Maybe I'll start that when covid is behind us.

i found a channel that had some of that, i used some of them for zoom backgrounds

surprisingly few channels doing it though! and the guy i found didn’t do that great of a job so you could probably do well at the niche

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is it disney legal for me to throw shoes at active livebloggers I see at disney world?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Bottom Liner posted:

Next cardboard cutout victim spotted

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Bottom Liner posted:

I would be into this if only as a great ambiance addition for one when have guests over in the hopeful after times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Disney security would kick you out wouldn't you? I've thought about hiding a tascam audio recorder in a bush to get some ambient audio