Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

She's only got a 7 second CD on her E, I don't think she really needs it.

The other fun weapons coming out later in the patch are the Lithic weapons, 4* spear and claymore that become OP if 3 or more characters in your party are from Liyue (this gets insane at higher refinements, 44% atk + 28% crit rate for free at R5 with 4 characters). https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/lithic_spear/

Hard to go into them if you're low on Mystic Enhancement ore. But pretty interesting for Zhong Li.

Are these gacha or are they going to be forge-able?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Allegedly they'll be on the weapon banner. I don't think we've heard if they'll move to standard afterwards (I expect them to tbh).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

MajorBonnet posted:

Does she say "Nothing personnel, kid"?

That's much more of a Xiao line.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, her trial was pretty fun, mostly because I like a counter mechanic and her's seems great. I'd have to consider her for a Noelle replacement, but where I'm at currently, Noelle's shield and group healing really come in handy. Also, Klee's charge attack isn't too bad against the Geo pillars, especially if you have one of her lasers going which eliminates the stam cost entirely.

Yeah, no, I've only ever pulled Klee once so C0 still. :( I just got AR50 today. I do use Klee as something of a support right now since I'm doing a lot of stuff on the mountain and she's the best fire character I have, though her damage isn't all that impressive (I haven't ascended her beyond lvl 70 yet though). But she's also the most reliable and consistent source of fire I have so she's also there to set up melts and stuff. Along with Ganyu, Noelle is the best DPS I have right now, she absolutely crushes everything.

I'll have to look into how Xingqiu would fit in, thanks!

Just to sell you, and anyone else reading this, on Xingqiu more, here is why I like him: He does a lot of off-field damage. His Q makes it so normal attacks trigger rain swords that come in waves of 3-2-3-2 (if you're C0-C5). Just doing a test against a ruin guard right now I was able to do 16 waves. Each sword does base ~1400 on mine(level 80/90, level 90 r1 sac sword), and crits for ~2500. Say you only managed 15 waves, that's still ~53,000 non-crit damage over the duration of his Q, and will end up being much more when crits are included. The downside is that it only triggers on normal attacks, so for Ganyu he's still semi-useful if you mix in a normal attack here and there and freeze guys. He really shines with Klee because he lets her proc vaporize on pretty much every hit. You very much need sacrificial sword to use him to his highest potential, because his E has such a long cooldown, you need to be able to drop 2 to generate energy for his Q.

His E gives damage mitigation and mine does 6000-11000, depending on crit. It will also heal him when a rain sword shatters, or at the end of the duration.

Based on how you use Klee he might not be the best pick. I don't have Ganyu so I don't know who are her best supports. I can see Xinyan maybe being not bad? I'm sure someone else can chime in.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I cannot remember, a while back I managed to pull an Amos bow off the weapon banner that was not one of the rate up weapons (I think it was when the Childe banner was out) , does the same principle apply where my next 5* on the weapon banner will be one of the new ones?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sirbloody posted:

I cannot remember, a while back I managed to pull an Amos bow off the weapon banner that was not one of the rate up weapons (I think it was when the Childe banner was out) , does the same principle apply where my next 5* on the weapon banner will be one of the new ones?

I believe so.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tsyni posted:

Just to sell you, and anyone else reading this, on Xingqiu more, here is why I like him: He does a lot of off-field damage. His Q makes it so normal attacks trigger rain swords that come in waves of 3-2-3-2 (if you're C0-C5). Just doing a test against a ruin guard right now I was able to do 16 waves. Each sword does base ~1400 on mine(level 80/90, level 90 r1 sac sword), and crits for ~2500. Say you only managed 15 waves, that's still ~53,000 non-crit damage over the duration of his Q, and will end up being much more when crits are included. The downside is that it only triggers on normal attacks, so for Ganyu he's still semi-useful if you mix in a normal attack here and there and freeze guys. He really shines with Klee because he lets her proc vaporize on pretty much every hit. You very much need sacrificial sword to use him to his highest potential, because his E has such a long cooldown, you need to be able to drop 2 to generate energy for his Q.

His E gives damage mitigation and mine does 6000-11000, depending on crit. It will also heal him when a rain sword shatters, or at the end of the duration.

Based on how you use Klee he might not be the best pick. I don't have Ganyu so I don't know who are her best supports. I can see Xinyan maybe being not bad? I'm sure someone else can chime in.

Thanks for this. I'm on PS4 so I'm not sure which is Q and which is E but it's helpful nonetheless. I kind of skipped over Xingqiu because I got another character around the same time and still had Barbara for Hydro stuff and she's pretty much a must-have party member because of her healing, plus I usually prefer claymore and bow for DPS because of stagger/range, but Xingqiu's off-field support sounds pretty nice. With Ganyu I can see things getting pretty crazy since Barbara isn't exactly great at putting the wet status on enemies and Ganyu can freeze everyone every ten seconds so having a frequent AoE Wet would be great.

They really need to increase group size or make party switching easier. Quicker access to every element would go a long way in this game.

Fake edit: And here I was thinking I'd get an easy choice between Xinyan and Beidou but now I'm thinking about constellations for Xingqiu!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

Thanks for this. I'm on PS4 so I'm not sure which is Q and which is E but it's helpful nonetheless. I kind of skipped over Xingqiu because I got another character around the same time and still had Barbara for Hydro stuff and she's pretty much a must-have party member because of her healing, plus I usually prefer claymore and bow for DPS because of stagger/range, but Xingqiu's off-field support sounds pretty nice. With Ganyu I can see things getting pretty crazy since Barbara isn't exactly great at putting the wet status on enemies and Ganyu can freeze everyone every ten seconds so having a frequent AoE Wet would be great.

They really need to increase group size or make party switching easier. Quicker access to every element would go a long way in this game.

Fake edit: And here I was thinking I'd get an easy choice between Xinyan and Beidou but now I'm thinking about constellations for Xingqiu!

E is the elemental skill, Q is the elemental burst.

How do you like Ganyu with a controller?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tsyni posted:

E is the elemental skill, Q is the elemental burst.

How do you like Ganyu with a controller?

Got it, thanks! I used to have Fischl as my main DPS so bow on a controller is no big deal, though being on PS4 there's a weird lag with controls that takes some time to adjust to which is a drag, but other than that it's no different to any other shooter on a controller. I heard 1.3 helps with that too which is nice.

I'm still waiting for my PS5 to get that sweet 60fps, but PS4 does fine most of the time though it's max 30fps and boy does the framerate tank in hectic battles.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

was really hoping to get xingqiu during the ganyu banner and all I got was like 3 noelle's, rip. those will pay off someday I suppose

there'll be an opportunity for a free one later but I was hoping to get a constellation for chong or ning instead

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I've probably spent 40 wishes on the Keqing banner hoping to get either her, Qiqi or Mona and just got a 5 star weapon that I have no real use for. Before I got Ganyu I got Amber and Noelle. Sometimes the odds really are against you.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Stare-Out posted:

I've probably spent 40 wishes on the Keqing banner hoping to get either her, Qiqi or Mona and just got a 5 star weapon that I have no real use for. Before I got Ganyu I got Amber and Noelle. Sometimes the odds really are against you.

There is no Keqing banner (yet), that's just the standard banner with no bias towards any character. You really shouldn't roll on it, actually.

Keqing, Mona, and Qiqi are just decorative.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That's not a Keqing banner, thats the standard banner (10% per standard 5 star character, 5% per standard 5 star weapon). You can only pull amber on the standard banner.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Stare-Out posted:

Hate to break it to you, but there is no rate up for ANY unit on the standard banner. But Keqing will be the 5* focus of a banner later this month!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Stare-Out posted:

When in doubt, click on the "DETAIL" to understand the actual pool given to you. As others have chimed in, it was standard banner. Sorry but you toggled the wrong banner.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It is a bit confusing that they've announced a keqing banner and there's a banner with keqing's picture on it currently in the game. I'm expecting it to go back to the Diluc/Jean art this patch.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Stare-Out posted:

... Huh. Well, that's the first time I've seen someone hoping for that.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Karia posted:

... Huh. Well, that's the first time I've seen someone hoping for that.

Qiqi would be a great second cryo for a Ganyu team and Mona applies Hydro off field easily.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm sure plenty of people would love to have any of the basic 5*

diluc's the only one I have so I know I would be happy to roll any of those three

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Qiqi is neat. Good healer, can make finding violetgrass much easier, and can do some pretty respectable burst damage. I have her C1, and it's pretty nice! She's taken C6 Barbara's spot as main team healer (only partially because I maxed out Barbara's friend XP).

Mona has also been decent for damage, and surprisingly helpful in world traversal.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Any idea what the optimal artifacts for 1.3 Zhongli are? I'm looking to run him with Ning carry and Albedo sub and Google says Petra 2 + Noblesse 2 for burst/support. Unsure if the HP changes will affect that.

I'm also unopposed to building him as a carry if that turns out to be viable, those AA animations are slick

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm sure plenty of people would love to have any of the basic 5*

diluc's the only one I have so I know I would be happy to roll any of those three

I have Jean and C1 Mona. I actively don't want Diluc and I don't care about Qiqi.

Just give me Keqing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

avoraciopoctules posted:

Qiqi is neat. Good healer, can make finding violetgrass much easier, and can do some pretty respectable burst damage. I have her C1, and it's pretty nice! She's taken C6 Barbara's spot as main team healer (only partially because I maxed out Barbara's friend XP).

Mona has also been decent for damage, and surprisingly helpful in world traversal.

These were the reasons I was doing pulls for them. I get that it wasn't a specific banner, just the one where Keqing was the main focus. As for wasting wishes, eh, I haven't paid a dime to play this game so I figured I may as well go for the characters with the primogems etc. the game had given me.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

zgrowler2 posted:

Any idea what the optimal artifacts for 1.3 Zhongli are? I'm looking to run him with Ning carry and Albedo sub and Google says Petra 2 + Noblesse 2 for burst/support. Unsure if the HP changes will affect that.

I'm also unopposed to building him as a carry if that turns out to be viable, those AA animations are slick

I was trying to figure this out the other day as well. I don't see any reason why the HP changes would affect what sets you'd get for him as a support, since there's no HP scaling artifact set except Adventurer and it's not worth wearing 3-stars for 1000 HP. HP% on Sands, Circlet and maybe even Goblet are likely to be really nice, though.

Not sure on how the math works out for Carry Zhong now, my guess is that it's just a nice added bit of flat damage and you still run him as Phys/Crescent Pike but someone is going to have to run the actual numbers. If the 1.3% of his max HP gets added four times on the multihit in his combo that's going to be quite nice, though.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So let me get this right, they take the server down during prime time in the US (understandable, sucks but it’s whatever), but they added an option to pre-download the patch. Except, you can’t play and pre-download at the same time, so I skipped it thinking I could just pre-download it during downtime, except I can’t pre-download it during downtime because the options screen is only available in-game.

Cool.

So if I was sitting at 160/160 resin does that mean I just lose out on the resin I’d regenerate during downtime?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

So let me get this right, they take the server down during prime time in the US (understandable, sucks but it’s whatever), but they added an option to pre-download the patch. Except, you can’t play and pre-download at the same time, so I skipped it thinking I could just pre-download it during downtime, except I can’t pre-download it during downtime because the options screen is only available in-game.

Cool.

So if I was sitting at 160/160 resin does that mean I just lose out on the resin I’d regenerate during downtime?
You will miss out on your resin. Your launcher should have a pre-load button though.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

You will miss out on your resin. Your launcher should have a pre-load button though.

Mobile preload at the launcher level is only accessible after pressing Start Game and before pressing Tap to Enter, so the Start Game -> server maintenance pop-up prevents anything else from happening. I was gonna check and verify that the four hours I left my phone on pre-installation the other day actually meant something, but alas

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

Cool.

I remembered to log in this morning with 130/160 or so to make condensed resin - I learned from my mistake the last patch day.

Upside is they usually give out extra resin after maintenance so it takes away a bit of the sting!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

These were the reasons I was doing pulls for them. I get that it wasn't a specific banner, just the one where Keqing was the main focus. As for wasting wishes, eh, I haven't paid a dime to play this game so I figured I may as well go for the characters with the primogems etc. the game had given me.

Just to be clear, Keqing was not the main focus of the banner in any way. Your odds of getting Keqing from it are about the same as they were from the Ganyu banner, and will be from the Xiao banner. Her picture on the banner is 100% decorative and means absolutely nothing.

Also your odds of getting any character at all on that banner are lower because it includes 5* weapons.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Clarste posted:

Just to be clear, Keqing was not the main focus of the banner in any way. Your odds of getting Keqing from it are about the same as they were from the Ganyu banner, and will be from the Xiao banner.

Isn't it the case you actually have better odds on the character banner than the standard? At least for the 5* chars. Because there are no weapons on it. Can't remember how that works out.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Clarste posted:

Just to be clear, Keqing was not the main focus of the banner in any way. Your odds of getting Keqing from it are about the same as they were from the Ganyu banner, and will be from the Xiao banner. Her picture on the banner is 100% decorative and means absolutely nothing.

Also your odds of getting any character at all on that banner are lower because it includes 5* weapons.

Yeah, I worded that poorly, by "focus" I meant that she was the actual focus of the banner graphic. I know it has a chance of giving you just about everything else too.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
so this is the patch we get one of the six liyue 4*s?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

padijun posted:

That's later in the month.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

padijun posted:

Yes, but not until the event starts next week. Or maybe a little later, I can't remember exactly how the event flow goes.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

padijun posted:

You get a choice during an event that starts next week:

quote:

〓Stand by Me〓
Duration: 2021/02/10 10:00:00 – 2021/03/07 03:59:59
● Reach the Festive Fever stage "Glow of a Thousand Lanterns" and spend 1,000 Peace Talismans in "Stand by Me" to receive one of the following 4-star characters: "Exquisite Delicacy" Xiangling (Pyro), "Blazing Riff" Xinyan (Pyro), "Uncrowned Lord of the Ocean" Beidou (Electro), "Eclipsing Star" Ningguang (Geo), "Juvenile Galant" Xingqiu (Hydro), or "Frozen Ardor" Chongyun (Cryo). You may claim only one character in this way.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has anyone seen chinese text appear when a new quest pops up even though your default language is set to English?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
all the time

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Has anyone seen chinese text appear when a new quest pops up even though your default language is set to English?

I get that occasionally where there's the English quest text on the side of the screen but it's covered by the same (I think) text in Chinese. I've only had it in Dragonspine so far though.

E: Early on I also had random voice lines in Japanese out of the blue mixed in with the English VO.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

TV Zombie posted:

I've seen korean text stuck in the same place as the english quest text. it had something to do with picking up random event quests while doing commissions, I think. a restart seemed to fix it both times

speaking of bugs, does anyone else have the no character shadow problem? if shadows are set to high or medium, only the current character's shadow stops working, while paimon, guoba, etc. still cast shadows. I thought it was my graphics card making GBS threads out, but I saw a post from a couple months ago where other people get it. for some reason, shadows work perfectly fine indoors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

TV Zombie posted: