Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does anyone here actually read this strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jay Rust posted:

No time, I’m busy reading first dog on the moon.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Years ago I used to love it, but these days it's too :words:. It's a good strip but I think Tomorrow is a frustrated oped columnist.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you ban the fascists, then you become the fascists. Those are the rules, I didn't make em.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't read that strip or the one above it where the guy draws everyone extremely wrinkly because they're too ugly

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I wonder when was the last time Stantis remembered that Winslow is the liberal stand-in.

Winslow is dumb because he's a liberal. Carmen is smart because she's a conservative.

Sometimes Carmen disagrees with other conservatives because she's the smartest and truest conservative. Winslow disagrees with Carmen because he's a dumb liberal.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

why the gently caress is this guy still a free man, let alone doing poo poo in public

Jay Rust posted:

I read the majority of them. They're not the best, but they're a nice break from the Ralls and Prickly Cities and poo poo.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
What if I drew a comic... on weed??

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

If you ban the fascists, then you become the fascists. Those are the rules, I didn't make em.
”There must always be...a fasc king,” I say as I give myself a lovely undercut.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What if I drew a comic... on weed??

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Winslow is dumb because he's a liberal. Carmen is smart because she's a conservative.

Sometimes Carmen disagrees with other conservatives because she's the smartest and truest conservative. Winslow disagrees with Carmen because he's a dumb liberal.

Yeah but in the comic quoted, Wilson is asking Carmen if she's Antifa for saying she knew there would be a coup. But liberals aren't blaming Antifa for the coup, only right wingers are. So why is the supposed liberal saying
Antifa are responsible for what happened?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the reaction to Myanmar's military coup – Myanmar’s military has taken power in a coup and declared a state of emergency, hours after detaining Aung San Suu Kyi and other senior figures from the ruling party"

Telegraph:

Ursula von der Leyen suggests UK compromised on vaccine safety

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... lockdown care homes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

thank you for your service

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

wonderful.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Haven't seen Bob in awhile. Did he finally have a rage stroke at the thought of old people not dying?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Seems to me that the "heart of fascism" is marching down an American street chanting 'Jews will not replace us' and running a woman down with your car. But what do I know; I'm not a drunken syndicated hack.
We don't know if Fishman has an issue with alcohol.

Jay Rust posted:

I do, and I like it. :colbert:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

I dont know posted:

Haven't seen Bob in awhile. Did he finally have a rage stroke at the thought of old people not dying?

I think he's on parental leave. Still making an arse of himself on Twitter, though.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Seems to me that the "heart of fascism" is marching down an American street chanting 'Jews will not replace us' and running a woman down with your car. But what do I know; I'm not a drunken syndicated hack.
Man it's so easy to say "nuh uh actually YOU'RE the fascists!" when you can just ignore whatever fascism actually is and say it's whatever you want it to be.
Fascism is any kind of censorship whatsoever! That's the heart of fascism! Don't believe history books and experts, trust me, a drunk cartoonist!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Twelve by Pies posted:

"I understand how rape victims feel because a cop gave me a ticket for jaywalking" is a strong contender though.

And don't forget fat teacher saves student from tornado. Or something like that, I forget the details.

Yeah, I don't think "shaming" is how I'd describe the Nazi method of shutting down opposing voices.

Also, I'm impressed with his Gorrell-like ability to make "not drawing" part of the joke.

Jay Rust posted:

I do. Nostalgia- back around 2003, Tom Tomorrow posted on professors' doors was the only left wing content I could find. And The Daily Show, I guess.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

In 2121, Ivalo, Lapland is populated by blondes only. Presumably because fascists won and not only exterminated all immigrants but also the indigenous peoples with darker hair type. ADC, A Dystopic Cartoon.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Jurgan posted:

And don't forget fat teacher saves student from tornado. Or something like that, I forget the details.

The teacher was not actually fat, I believe, just to clarify. She also was protecting them from debris from the tornado, not actually preventing them from being sucked into the tornado. None of this matters to Ted Rall.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nenonen posted:

In 2121, Ivalo, Lapland is populated by blondes only. Presumably because fascists won and not only exterminated all immigrants but also the indigenous peoples with darker hair type. ADC, A Dystopic Cartoon.

It's because everywhere south of Lapland is literally on fire due to global warming, so all the Swedes reinvaded Finland.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

The teacher was not actually fat, I believe, just to clarify. She also was protecting them from debris from the tornado, not actually preventing them from being sucked into the tornado. None of this matters to Ted Rall.

Oh, what the absolute gently caress.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

RoboRodent posted:

Oh, what the absolute gently caress.
Let me guess, Rall thought the message is/would be interpreted as "marketing will use anyone and anything to try and sell you something"?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Learning about Ted Rall’s fetishes is in fact more horrible than learning about Ben Garrison’s.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Did a quick gander at Tom Stiglich's timeline since the election and because of the shittiness of it, I won't repost but highlight a few things:

- he's doubled down on antisemitism, giving all of his opponents hook noses that specifically (Biden, the mayor and DA of Philly, etc) and called Larry Krasner a Soros-funded candidate
- he both sided the capital riot, implying antifa is just as responsible as the Proud Boys
- he's done a bunch of election fraud cartoons, saying the evidence is right in front of everyone but doesn't provide any evidence himself

He's basically Garrison, but sanitized enough to be in a major newspaper.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

BonHair posted:

It's because everywhere south of Lapland is literally on fire due to global warming, so all the Swedes reinvaded Finland.

Swedes are not as light haired as Finns, though!

Though the difference is inconsequential, like a few percentage points. But Swedes invading Finland would not mean Blonderdämmerung.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Tibalt posted:

Let me guess, Rall thought the message is/would be interpreted as "marketing will use anyone and anything to try and sell you something"?

No, Rall's message is "People are stupid for thinking a teacher could protect kids from a tornado, unless I guess she was a big ol' fatty!" Here is the blog post that accompanies this cartoon:

Ted Rall posted:

According to credulous media accounts, a teacher saved her students from the Category 5 tornado that destroyed her school in Moore, Oklahoma by lying across them. While she is no doubt brave, there is – of course – no way that this is possible. Just another example of the media grasping for straws in their perpetual search for “heroes” in the wake of tragedy.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1356674466449936385

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Who again is the author of this drivel?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Twelve by Pies posted:

Good god what the gently caress is wrong with Rall

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's impressive how many years it's been since I regularly checked in on this thread and Rall is still one of the dumbest motherfuckers featured here.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Twelve by Pies posted:

What is the point he’s making with this? This is so far beyond A Thing Happened and just kinda wraps around to “I hate fat chicks and also vegans”

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Coalition heads off push to condemn Craig Kelly’s ‘dangerous and irresponsible’ comments (SMH). Craig Kelly is a Liberal MP who is continuously posting COVID conspiracy theories to social media and Scott Morrison refuses to publicly censure him despite calls from the opposition, media and medical professionals.

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Knight:

'I got it wrong': McGuire says he regrets comments on racism report (The Age). "Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has told the Magpies faithful that he 'got it wrong' when he called the tabling of the historic report into racism at the club a 'proud day', as a key Collingwood sponsor admits it is deeply concerned and disappointed by the report’s findings."

Spooner:

Scott Morrison mentioned hydrogen when he said it was his goal to set a goal to seek a goal for as close to net zero emissions as possible some time before or after 2050. I am assuming from the wind turbine staff that this is still too much for Spooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ewiley posted:

What is the point he’s making with this? This is so far beyond A Thing Happened and just kinda wraps around to “I hate fat chicks and also vegans”

The point is that everyone is bad and dumb and there are no true heroes except Todd Roll, Hero of the Revolution.