Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Self-awareness eliminates the greatest charm of the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I, too, enjoy tugging

AV/post combo
:same:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

My friend who had the insanely complicated heart surgery just made it through! Now its a matter of recovery and whatnot, but the complicated part is out of the way!

Good for them. I’m still confused by your description of the situation and modern medicine seems like magic

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

My friend who had the insanely complicated heart surgery just made it through! Now its a matter of recovery and whatnot, but the complicated part is out of the way!

That's great news!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man that was a hell of a storm. had to bust out the snowblower and spent an hour blowing my small rear end driveway

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pron on VHS posted:

How is everyone's mental state since Feb 2020? Worsened? If its improved please don't be afraid to post, no one will shame you out of jealousy, I won't allow it

My dog got the biopsy results back this morning and turns out it wasn't a tumor but some weird rear end massive hematoma. The doc is going to send me the actual lab work so I can look at it and figure out how the hell that happened and grew out of her liver but my dog doesn't have cancer so that along with therapy for me things are looking up :toot:

Oh yeah Jackbox tonight so even better!

swickles posted:

That's great news!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

How is everyone's mental state since Feb 2020? Worsened? If its improved please don't be afraid to post, no one will shame you out of jealousy, I won't allow it

I am at the lowest I've ever been and probably need professional help

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

Hell yeah modern medicine

Take that, god!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm luck I have Addie and a good gf :unsmith:

initially read that as "gif" then started smashing f5 repeatedly trying to get it to load. i need dat Addie

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

a neat cape posted:

Post in thread or hit me up in PMs if you want to vent, but also seek professional help too

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

One thing that really knocks down my spirits is seeing other people not giving a gently caress and just living life like the only Corona they've heard of is a lovely beer. Getting rid of facebook has helped, but even on IG there will be random poo poo. A friend of a friend posted a pic of her on a plane saying "this is only the second time I've flown since lockdown started", and it was for some dumb loving professional conference.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Good for them. I’m still confused by your description of the situation and modern medicine seems like magic

Whats so confusing? They just removed his heart, repaired his aorta, then did a bunch of stuff to his heart valves and put the heart back in. Its so simple!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Very happy to hear about your friend swickles, that sounded wild.

a neat cape posted:

Not excited to hear this though, is there anything here that you would want to air out in an SA thread?

Intruder posted:

Hell yeah modern medicine

Take that, god!

Ah, a fellow Worthi fan.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

H*ck yeah, same.

I’ve had “research, and schedule, a therapist” on my to do list for like 3 weeks lol

Hard to do when I’m sad!!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blowjob Overtime posted:

One thing that really knocks down my spirits is seeing other people not giving a gently caress and just living life like the only Corona they've heard of is a lovely beer. Getting rid of facebook has helped, but even on IG there will be random poo poo. A friend of a friend posted a pic of her on a plane saying "this is only the second time I've flown since lockdown started", and it was for some dumb loving professional conference.

I gotta give mad respecc to my older brother who let his Instagram side hustle suffer because he cut down on his traveling once Corona started.

swickles posted:

Whats so confusing? They just removed his heart, repaired his aorta, then did a bunch of stuff to his heart valves and put the heart back in. Its so simple!

NASA calls this the 7 minutes of terror: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_Af_o9Q9s

but i dont think they have heard of your industry before

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 2, 2021

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
For some old timers; is CSPAM basically what LF was? Because if so; it was a good reason to kill it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
my wife has been suffering from very bad mental health (healthcare provider seeing COVID patients, also a few dead family members over the past year) and she got a therapist visit through a mental health provder (https://hellomypsychiatrist.com/ only serves the DC suburbs I believe) and got put on buspirone and hydroxxyzine and they have both helped her a ton. It's some steps to get a therapist visit scheduled which can seem daunting especially if you are depressed, so do it in baby steps (find the number, pause, see if its covered by your health insurance if you are lucky to have it, pause, make the appointment, etc.)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How are you friend? Did you sell your house? Wife find a new job?

Answer the questions, Pron!!!

E: you answered the questions Pron.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
One big accomplishment for me is that I went all of January without having an alcoholic drink. I drank way too hard (probably 15+ drinks a week) during quarantine and going the month without it really helped the dependency of it.

I had a glass of wine last night and I think I can stop myself from constantly pouring another now.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Sorry I didn’t see that, haven’t sold house yet as we are waiting for wife to find a new job, which is delayed as she is not yet a US citizen and the govt job she is hoping for sorta requires it. Permanent residents can apply but get like half the pay a citizen would. Hopeful the Biden admin speeds up the citizenship process that Trump intentionally slowed down by understaffing the USCIS

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

oh hell yes

Edit: to the bad brain crew, start with baby steps. Talk to a doctor about some meds. You don't have to dive right into sitting on the virtual couch with the doctor.

My hydroxyzine has been my savior for my anxiety but it isn't a panacea. It just helps put up a firewall to keep everything from getting in.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 2, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Ah, a fellow Worthi fan.

Wire was actually the first thing I saw, but it was so cool that I'm looking at other stuff now

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Intruder posted:

Wire was actually the first thing I saw, but it was so cool that I'm looking at other stuff now

His stuff is so drat good, the more time goes by the more impressed I get with animation work in general.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

a neat cape posted:

You are not alone in that, me and several family members are working through our individual issues with mental health professionals. Humans aren't built for isolation like this long-term, and our society drat sure isn't.

Having a place like this where you can admit it and see others who do is important.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

initially read that as "gif" then started smashing f5 repeatedly trying to get it to load. i need dat Addie

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1356704078391312390?s=21

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Well, I finished reading Streets of Laredo, Larry McMurtry's 1993 follow-up to Lonesome Dove. Here's my book report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjY4rQxhE88

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Like many overall I'm well worse than I was at this time in 2020 but way better than I was in August or so when I was just a goddamned wreck.

Put about 15 lbs back on after losing way too much weight from just not eating and such, which makes the numbers on the scale look worse since I had plenty to lose but also makes me healthier. Guess I can worry about losing that again in the correct fashion now. I'm gonna feel a lot better when I can get my mom through the vaccination process. Well me too of course but I've been super worried about her all along because of age/health conditions.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

seiferguy posted:

One big accomplishment for me is that I went all of January without having an alcoholic drink. I drank way too hard (probably 15+ drinks a week) during quarantine and going the month without it really helped the dependency of it.

I had a glass of wine last night and I think I can stop myself from constantly pouring another now.

Congrats buddy, I did the same. It was easier than I thought. That said, I quit for a month and didn't lose a single loving pound.

GD_American posted:

You are not alone in that, me and several family members are working through our individual issues with mental health professionals. Humans aren't built for isolation like this long-term, and our society drat sure isn't.

Having a place like this where you can admit it and see others who do is important.

This. Getting help is an awesome thing, and doubly so being open and honest about it. It's not some shameful poo poo.

I had a boss (a master chief, for milgoons) who gave me and others endless poo poo if he found out we were seeing mental health or on meds. Right before I got out I saw his bitch rear end in the lobby at mental health and my first thought was "this is probably the one place I could just whip the piss out of this rear end in a top hat and get away with it."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

nevermind whatever bullshit you dorks were talking about!

https://twitter.com/mikerothstein/status/1356646175189983242

I was just thinking about it and the last NCAA football game I played (I remember abusing Darren Sproles on toss plays to the outside repeatedly) was on the freaking gamecube.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's too bad the last one we got that we had to subsist on for a decade was 14, which wasn't very good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who wants to see Elon's rocket asplode

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1356705069845069824

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Considering how bad Madden is at this point I wouldn't trust EA with a new NCAA game.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bad day for Musk

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1356588859539283971

Every Series X and S from 2012-2018 that wasn't already repaired is getting recalled

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Confession time: I haven't been interested in a sports game since...maybe the original Tony Hawk? The closer a video game is to real life, the less interested I am in it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Many friendships have been tested to the limit by games of madden.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Confession time: I haven't been interested in a sports game since...maybe the original Tony Hawk? The closer a video game is to real life, the less interested I am in it.

Maybe you should play Rocket League then

e: I see the Gamestop bubble finally burst, it's down 135 points today. Did this save the hedge fund or was it too late

Hope small investors got out but I have a feeling they're holding the bag wondering what happened

dolphan did you get out?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 2, 2021

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
This time last year I was about four months removed from open heart surgery and dealing with a lot of just ... general malaise? It's a pretty normal thing for heart surgery patients to feel depressed after their operations, and some form of it hit me without my realizing it. I was okay, but just sort of going through the motions. Once the pandemic started and we all began working from home, it flipped everything on its head enough for me to snap out of it a bit and become more productive and enjoy my hobbies and such. My job is such that some days are 12 hours long and some days are 20 minutes long, but it's all very easily done from home and I consider it a pretty fair trade.

The past year has been way harder on my partner than it has on me. I've been just fine with quarantine, because I was very much an introverted, not-very-social person before this all started. She's the opposite, and—combined with her job as a mental health care provider—it has been pretty brutal. We're making it work, which is made easier by the fact that we very much love being around one another.

One thing I'm trying to do this year is get my weight under control. The combination of two months of postoperative recovery, depression, the holiday season, and then the quarantine meant I went from 192 (already not great) to 217 (straight-up Real Bad). I've fiddled with my diet and exercise schedule to the point where I think I'm losing weight at a steady, sustainable pace. I started a week into January, and weighed in at 209 as of this morning.

Between that, my podcast, and fiddling with TMM again here and there, I'm realizing that goals and creative endeavors are just kinda what keeps me satisfied.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

My football game experience is enjoying watching people play each other in the dorms, then getting wrecked by the low-level AI and never touching it myself.

C-Euro posted:

:hmmyes:

Give me that SSX baby. We did play a shitload of Tiger Woods 04 in college, I don't know where that lands on the realism spectrum.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Toaster Beef posted:

This time last year I was about four months removed from open heart surgery and dealing with a lot of just ... general malaise? It's a pretty normal thing for heart surgery patients to feel depressed after their operations, and some form of it hit me without my realizing it. I was okay, but just sort of going through the motions. Once the pandemic started and we all began working from home, it flipped everything on its head enough for me to snap out of it a bit and become more productive and enjoy my hobbies and such. My job is such that some days are 12 hours long and some days are 20 minutes long, but it's all very easily done from home and I consider it a pretty fair trade.

The past year has been way harder on my partner than it has on me. I've been just fine with quarantine, because I was very much an introverted, not-very-social person before this all started. She's the opposite, and—combined with her job as a mental health care provider—it has been pretty brutal. We're making it work, which is made easier by the fact that we very much love being around one another.

One thing I'm trying to do this year is get my weight under control. The combination of two months of postoperative recovery, depression, the holiday season, and then the quarantine meant I went from 192 (already not great) to 217 (straight-up Real Bad). I've fiddled with my diet and exercise schedule to the point where I think I'm losing weight at a steady, sustainable pace. I started a week into January, and weighed in at 209 as of this morning.

Between that, my podcast, and fiddling with TMM again here and there, I'm realizing that goals and creative endeavors are just kinda what keeps me satisfied.

Woah it’s Toaster Beef, glad you are doing relatively well, love your comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Super Mega Baseball is basically a perfect sports game, gameplay-wise.