Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Checking my progress in DQ7 from when I played it years ago, I apparently made it to the very end of Chapter 2 in Buccanham, which after looking at a guide I do not remember doing at all. The last thing I remember about the game is a town of angels or something. I would like it more if any of the individual island vignettes were interesting even a little bit. The slums one with the soul blade was cool I think.

DQ9 seems neat but there's a really low amount of jobs. I've seen a speedrun of it and I know about the metal slime dungeons which seem cool, but DQ8 on the DS has monsters visible on the map which cuts down the speedrun by HOURS because you can just constantly respawn metal slimes. I think I got to the Empyria fight in DQ8 before stopping for reasons that I forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

Imagine Dragons

cmon lol

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Twelve jobs doesn't seem that little to me and DQ9 also has visible monsters, but I guess if it doesn't appeal to you then it just doesn't appeal to you.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cardiovorax posted:

Twelve jobs doesn't seem that little to me and DQ9 also has visible monsters, but I guess if it doesn't appeal to you then it just doesn't appeal to you.

12 might not be little, but it seems like all the advanced jobs are just upgraded versions of base jobs (Warrior -> Gladiator, Mage -> Sage, Troubadour -> Luminary), so it's more like seven classes in a game with four party members.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Walla posted:

I don't believe in Waluigi.

:eyepop:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

12 might not be little, but it seems like all the advanced jobs are just upgraded versions of base jobs (Warrior -> Gladiator, Mage -> Sage, Troubadour -> Luminary), so it's more like seven classes in a game with four party members.
I think that's a bit oversimplified, they often do fairly different things. Warriors are more of a defensive combat class while Gladiators are all about burst damage at the cost of self-harm, for example. You also benefit strongly from switching between classes regularly, due to all of them coming with permanent stat bonuses and leveling separately.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 2, 2021

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

I don't believe in Waluigi.

:mods:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've never seen him in a real game. He's not even in Smash.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

yeah that was an obvious "buy" until I saw it was just 3D printed. i dont know why but i cant bring myself to buy 3d printer stuff. i don't have one, but like, idk always feels like i could and just make it myself i guess

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdwafYDlXtU

They're doing more than they let on for some reason

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Millions of people are wrong about what they like

Related, what's the deal with Imagine Dragons. I think they're insanely awful and all their fans are just wrong about art

:smug:

I know you're not even trying, but I'd rather listen to them than 21 Pilots or All Time Low.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ometeotl posted:

The video thumbnail will probably not elicit the response the developers want.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ive heard that some people actually pick the default characters in videogames lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

I know you're not even trying, but I'd rather listen to them than 21 Pilots or All Time Low.

I'm just giving stux a "gentle ribbing"

And also not in that way

Okay, maybe a little in that way

Half and half

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lol that's "meme jesus" levels of hilariously bad retouching

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Big "clean faces mod" energy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Simone Magus posted:

Is there anything I should know before starting Shining Resonance Refrain?

Yes, I know it's anime

It's real bland and boring. Do not play it.

e: It also badly needed a fast travel system so you don't have to pass through the same zones 9823948234 times throughout the game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 2, 2021

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

i think i'm going to pick this up. i never did any replays of the trilogy, even though i loved it so much. i think just talking to garrus again, even if he's busy with calibrations, would do my heart some good.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

radioactive

radioactive

woooaahhhaaooooaahhhh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
love when video game virtual cameras emulate the physical defects intrinsic to the specific mechanisms by which physical cameras work

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

I'm just giving stux a "gentle ribbing"

And also not in that way

Okay, maybe a little in that way

Half and half

I know. :)

I just spend 30 hours a week on the road and they're one of the better excuses for music played around here.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Stux posted:

radioactive

radioactive

woooaahhhaaooooaahhhh

Sail was the better song of that era, but Imagine Dragons has more staying power. Also the band members seem like decent human beings.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

couldnt name another song catch me over here listening to fka t wigs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've not posted about Dragon Quest I in a while and that's because I reached a bit where I need to grind for 3000 XP (and I get like 20 per fight) so it's been tough to stay motivated. Progress is going on slowly but it is happening. I really hope this is the only XP grindfest, I don't mind the gold grind so much cause drops are bigger and every now and again you get to buy new gear so it breaks it up into smaller chunks. This one right here is just a slog.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stux posted:

couldnt name another song catch me over here listening to fka t wigs

I've been wanting to get into her, can you recommend any particular songs?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Imagine Dragoons

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'd say Believer isn't bad, or Whatever it Takes and both are on the same album. It's also much improved over their earlier work. My son is a big fan so I listen to them a lot.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ometeotl posted:

For those that didn't watch, they're actually tweaking ME1 quite a bit

-No more class based weapon restrictions (still can't train in those weapons)
-Controls and shooting more in line w/ ME2
-Improved Squad AI
-Mako controls tweaked

and

(plus of course, out of the box controller support)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Imagine Dragoons

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

lol why

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RBA Starblade posted:

Imagine Dragoons

Gunners n Roses

Fleetwood Monk

Rage Against the Machinist

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rinkles posted:

-No more class based weapon restrictions (still can't train in those weapons

Now I’m like 95% sure every Shepard class could already (and had to) equip every gun type

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Now I’m like 95% sure every Shepard class could already (and had to) equip every gun type

yes but they had massive penalties and were unwieldy, which is what they're removing

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Gunners n Roses

Fleetwood Monk

Blue Mage Group

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If I were to replay that trilogy I'd probably do the turn-off-combat difficulty. I have zero memories of the games' combat sections besides wanting them to be over.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Imagine Dragoons

Dragons: Reimagined

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Khanstant posted:

If I were to replay that trilogy I'd probably do the turn-off-combat difficulty. I have zero memories of the games' combat sections besides wanting them to be over.

post-me1 vanguard was pretty good

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Imagine Dragoons

Rarity posted:

Gunners n Roses

Fleetwood Monk

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Blue Mage Group

The Black Mages