Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

joseph: why are they dressed like that?

https://twitter.com/Bee__Sama/status/1330240758520098816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I learned this in the Trump thread but I guess it's more succzone material

Did you know, the Democrats STILL don't control the Senate committees?

https://twitter.com/SenatorDurbin/status/1356686127370039298

Pretty sure they could vote on this at any time with Kamala breaking a tie and bulldoze the GOP, but that would be undecorous, so instead I think the GOP is just gonna control the committees for the next two years. Oops!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

*every time I see dick durbin's name* what kind of loving name is dick durbin

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
yeah, sure, i like durbin. durbin my own dick

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty sure they could vote on this at any time with Kamala breaking a tie and bulldoze the GOP, but that would be undecorous, so instead I think the GOP is just gonna control the committees for the next two years. Oops!

Actually I think you'll find that if the democrats wield any power at any time the republicans might also wield power at some indeterminate point in the future. Oh, the Republicans are welding power right now? Nothing can be done about that.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The disconnect between the Senate bickering over norms and House members smuggling in guns and calling each other murderers is a great sign of stability.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

imperialists and arms manufacturers are huge parts of the Democratic base

wait until Eli hears about the LGBTQIA outreach being performed by the MIC

I give it six months

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Maya Fey posted:

are they seriously going to spend 4 years talking about nothing but her clothes

quote:

Harris is the first south Asian, black and female vice-president. During the election she was described as an “angry black woman”; called “nasty” by Trump (who also purposely mispronounced her name); and called “a cop” by the left.

And the left called her a COP!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.
the dems can't even get their own committee seats or simply refuse to take them but will fight tooth and nail to deny them to people on the "left"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if joe biden gives me money. i will announce a moratorium on hating joe biden equivalent to the size of the check. its only fair

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

silicone thrills posted:

Hey does anyone have that clipping about Biden literally wanting a drug that makes people not feel happiness if they've ever done drugs thing? I can never fuckin find it when I need it. I should save it.

I just spent a few minutes looking for it and it's just a flood of covid stuff. I thought I saved it. Hopefully someone has it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

cenotaph posted:

I just spent a few minutes looking for it and it's just a flood of covid stuff. I thought I saved it. Hopefully someone has it.

I know. Same issue. It feels like its been wiped from the internet. I might have it saved on another harddrive but I cant get to it for a while.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PostNouveau posted:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

And the left called her a COP!

kamala harris called "top cop" by noted insidious leftist kamala harris

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

gradenko_2000 posted:

TL; DR for people who don't want to read all that: Lee Carter is calling out the DC chapter of the DSA for being abusive towards him and his family.

That chapter of the DSA is apparently lead by a former staffer at Center for American Progress

and Georgetown grad, real salt of the earth types

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
i don't have search but probably you can turn it up if you search "biden nerve staple" or some variant.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

gradenko_2000 posted:

TL; DR for people who don't want to read all that: Lee Carter is calling out the DC chapter of the DSA for being abusive towards him and his family.

That chapter of the DSA is apparently lead by a former staffer at Center for American Progress

Kind of a side thing but the person in Lee's "family" they are attacking is Violet who's one of the people who grifted super hard off the Josh Collins thing. She got paid then peaced out to hang with Lee and decided to do the Rose Caucus poo poo.

Violet told women they should also dress pretty for protests. Wear a skirt!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

Hey does anyone have that clipping about Biden literally wanting a drug that makes people not feel happiness if they've ever done drugs thing? I can never fuckin find it when I need it. I should save it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Quetzadilla posted:

i don't have search but probably you can turn it up if you search "biden nerve staple" or some variant.

Nope. Nothing on google or duckduckgo. Its wild.

holy poo poo you rule. Thanks! saving!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

PostNouveau posted:

As an Illinois voter I'm glad Dick Durbin is using one of the safest senate seats in the country to bitch and whine on twitter that his opponents aren't respecting the rules.

My man could literally call for all republicans to be deported and his seat would be safe. His GOP challenger last time was a dipshits sheriff who couldn't even get 40% of the vote. He does not need to play nice with them, other than inherent libcuckery

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pretty cool how nobody in the public-facing american left thought poo poo like was was a red line too far worth refusing to cross

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

silicone thrills posted:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2020/02/joe-biden-yesterdays-man-racism-crime-prison

quote:

The following is an excerpt from Branko Marcetic’s forthcoming book Yesterday’s Man: The Case Against Joe Biden. You can now order a copy of this important new book direct from Jacobin for only $10, with free shipping.

https://jacobinmag.com/store/product/67

quote:

Yet it was never enough. Biden’s frenzy over the issue would climb to new, outlandish heights by the end of the decade. In 1989, he suggested the new drug czar could encourage police teams to go into drug-laden neighborhoods and even schools to take on violence. Biden urged the authorities to explore the idea of a vaccine that prevents drug addiction, a fantastical idea that a National Institute on Drug Abuse official warned would likely involve targeting neighborhoods of mostly black kids — and developing a product that would suppress not just the good feeling that resulted from drug use but any sense of enjoyment, so that “it would in effect make life not worth living.”

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

remember Biden still opposes integrating schools lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

What source does footnote 38 point to?

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1356681994877435907

LMFAO

he forgot 'austerity' and 'rapist' and 'D&D'

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

okay but did you see bernies white supremacist coat

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

I don't know. This is just a capture someone else posted in CSPAM.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tiberion02 posted:

LMFAO

posting is free

actions define who you are.

eli wants to pretend the opposite is true. he is a liberal detached from material reality.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

tiberion02 posted:

LMFAO

haha he scolded for biden and even voted biden in new york

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quetzadilla posted:

apparently not!

wow you're just functionally illiterate huh? just fully incapable of parsing strings of text into words and thoughts. certainly not for the quote in the post you quoted.

ah yes as the saying goes: the personal is not political (and never shall they meet). there's definitely never a good political reason for a woman to discuss her trauma publicly, only nefarious ones. won't someone think of the poor chuds?

here's the WSWS line, which this thread loved when it was making GBS threads on the hunts point strike, on this thread's problematic fave:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2021/01/29/dore-j29.html

you couldn't pay me to watch that video and I take anything WSWS says with a shaker of salt but you asked.

lmao

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1356457875158294530?s=20

it should be completely uncontroversial to say "AOC sucks and there are plenty of good reasons to bag on her without dismissing an abuse survivor's trauma." just like, the lowest possible bar, practically subterranean, and yet...

Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean you have to explain, you moron. You're too emotionally invested in this to get that. I would love for you to try to explain what I couldn't parse and why you think that because I know you couldn't.

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
another wonderful day on the pathetic, powerless, do-nothing American left

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Quetzadilla posted:

apparently not!

wow you're just functionally illiterate huh? just fully incapable of parsing strings of text into words and thoughts. certainly not for the quote in the post you quoted.

ah yes as the saying goes: the personal is not political (and never shall they meet). there's definitely never a good political reason for a woman to discuss her trauma publicly, only nefarious ones. won't someone think of the poor chuds?

here's the WSWS line, which this thread loved when it was making GBS threads on the hunts point strike, on this thread's problematic fave:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2021/01/29/dore-j29.html

you couldn't pay me to watch that video and I take anything WSWS says with a shaker of salt but you asked.

lmao

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1356457875158294530?s=20

it should be completely uncontroversial to say "AOC sucks and there are plenty of good reasons to bag on her without dismissing an abuse survivor's trauma." just like, the lowest possible bar, practically subterranean, and yet...

https://i.imgur.com/AdeZojN.mp4

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

the 2016 lover posted:

another wonderful day on the pathetic, powerless, do-nothing American left

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Judakel posted:

Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean you have to explain, you moron. You're too emotionally invested in this to get that. I would love for you to try to explain what I couldn't parse and why you think that because I know you couldn't.

good lord you are as stupid as the day is long

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Vim Fuego posted:

mystes posted:

Okay, this appears to be a quote from the book Yesterday's Man: The Case Against Joe Biden. It gives the following sources in the footnote for this:

The last source seems to be the wrong newspaper; it looks like it's an article from the St. Cloud Times not USA Today, and I don't have access to it, so I can't tell where "and developing a product that would suppress not just the good feeling that resulted from drug use but any sense of enjoyment, so that 'it would in effect make life not worth living,'" is coming from exactly or whether Biden even advocated a vaccine for opoid drugs at all, but at any rate it's not at all true that a vaccine for opioid drugs would necessarily have prevent "any sense of enjoyment'" (it would presumably have to specifically target the forms the drugs are in or it would probably kill people) and it doesn't appear that Biden specifically 'advocated a vaccine for opioid drugs would necessarily have prevent "any sense of enjoyment'," so it seems false to claim that he "asked doctors to develop a medicine that would chemically lobotomize black people to prevent them from feeling physical pleasure" even if he did actually suggest developing a vaccine for opioid drugs (which I haven't been able to confirm).

That's not to say that I like Biden or that I think trying to develop a vaccine for opioid drugs is something I advocate, obviously.

Also the first source cited in that list also seem to be wrong but I can't track down what it's actually supposed to be. I would not recommend relying on a book that has this many problems with its citations.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lol AOC was a block away from the capital building

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

remember biden still opposes actually integrating schools:

Then:

quote:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/05/joe-biden-busing-problem-226791

Biden supported a measure sponsored by Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), a former Klansman who had held the floor for more than 14 hours in a filibuster against the 1964 civil rights bill, that prohibited the use of federal funds to transport students beyond the school closest to their homes and that passed into law in 1976. And in 1977, Biden co-sponsored a measure that further restricted the federal government from desegregating city and suburban schools with redistricting measures like school clustering and pairing. This measure won the approval of a majority of his Senate colleagues, and President Jimmy Carter later signed the provision into law, significantly narrowing legislative avenues for reform. Meanwhile, the Warren Burger-led Supreme Court, with its four recently appointed conservative members, proved less and less sympathetic to civil rights activists’ claims about constitutional violations and was unwilling to demand busing remedies.

In assessing the effect of his efforts to thwart the advance of race reforms, Biden made an astute observation about his role in cultivating a bipartisan coalition against busing: “I think what I’ve done inadvertently ... is, I’ve made it—if not respectable—I’ve made it reasonable for longstanding liberals to begin to raise the questions [about busing] I’ve been the first to raise in the liberal community here on the floor.” This from a man who subsequently supported a wide array of civil rights measures for people of color, women and the LGBTQ community; won praise from the likes of the NAACP and Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights; and developed close working relationships with black leaders in Delaware and across the nation.

quote:

But Biden also emphasized his stance on busing on his own. In a 1975 interview with a Delaware newspaper that was re-surfaced by the Washington Post in March 2019, he explained why he thought the government should have a limited role in desegregating schools.

“We’ve lost our bearings since the 1954 Brown vs. School Board desegregation case,” he said. “To ‘desegregate’ is different than to ‘integrate.'” In the interview, Biden called busing plans racist, and said the integration plans “are really just quota systems.”

Under Obama:

quote:

2007: In his memoir “Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics,” Mr. Biden revisited busing in Delaware in the 1970s. He called the matter a “liberal train wreck” that was “tearing people apart,” and said that both black and white parents were “terrified.”

And now:

quote:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1907/05/nday.05.html

BIDEN: Busing did not work. You had overwhelming response from the African American community in my state. My state is the eight largest black population in the country as a percent of population. They were -- they did not support it. They did not support it.

Ah, the people of old Mississippi
Should all hang their heads in shame
Now, I can't understand how their minds work
What's the matter don't they watch Les Crane?
But if you ask me to bus my children
I hope the cops take down your name
So love me, love me, love me, I'm a liberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol AOC was a block away from the capital building

in katie porter's office. lol