Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im sure everyone constantly airing their drama and dirty laundry to everyone on twitter is a reflection of how healthy the online political discourse is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

silicone thrills posted:

I know. Same issue. It feels like its been wiped from the internet. I might have it saved on another harddrive but I cant get to it for a while.

It's from Yesterday's Man by Branko Marcetic.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Kamala Harrisly: "And that little Girl... got hers. gently caress you"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

just a constant series of meltdowns and vendettas on twitter lol. dont they know this poo poo is bad for your brand?? or maybe its good for it....

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ReadeAlexandra/status/1356681743663685633

libs gonna be mad about this one

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quetzadilla posted:

good lord you are as stupid as the day is long

You have absolutely zero defense. It is hilarious. "You're stupid!" "What am I stupid about?" "You just are!".

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol AOC was a block away from the capital building

lmfao if true

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Judakel posted:

You have absolutely zero defense. It is hilarious. "You're stupid!" "What am I stupid about?" "You just are!".

nice meltdown

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
looks like its a street over than block over, if google is to be believed. but lol at being in a huge office building and giving af.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Taintrunner posted:

in katie porter's office. lol

WHAT

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Her office is the cannon building, which to be fair, they also evacuated to the underground tunnels, but is about a block away from the capital

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

most people in congress don't actually have offices in the capitol building; they are in a few office buildings scattered around it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyways these are the sorts of people that bernie and the squad tell you to vote alongside:

https://twitter.com/LtUhura2017/status/1356720987492900868

https://twitter.com/KRamelmeier/status/1356724749041238017

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quetzadilla posted:

nice meltdown

Stop identifying with politicians so closely. It clouds your judgment.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

anyways these are the sorts of people that bernie and the squad tell you to vote alongside:

i hope these people all get whatever kevin drum has.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

IMO dem politicians are like Gollum. As long as you keep constant vigilance they will listen to you, the second you stop caring they turn into evil backstabbing wretches that will kill you and your family

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

but m-m-muh trauma :qq:

*sheepdogs the left into voting for a rapist*

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
*looking at at the size of the hooting horde* they're definitely going to go door to door in multiple office buildings and not die before their low blood sugar renders them comatose

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Judakel posted:

quetz claims to be a leftier than thou with a hard materialist analysis but still simps for socdems like they are celebrities

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Quetzadilla posted:

good lord you are as stupid as the day is long

Does this mean like a full calendar day midnight-to-midnight or simply when the sun is up? Like does that mean he gets smarter in the winter? And why would you measure stupidity in hours to being with, it seems like a really clumsy metric

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

She is lying to you for sympathy, she's 100 percent doing this for her career

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Holy gently caress. I regret to inform you guys, Dolly Parton is cancelled....

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

these people are so loving evil lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i don't begurdge members of congress getting scared by a hooting and hollering horde, but it shows how disconnected from the rest of us they've become when they think that fear for life and limb is something special in this society.

fear of dying if the crazy or cruel people decide you get to die on a whim is a fairly normal experience for most americans but within the halls of power its not something they're used to experiencing anymore

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PostNouveau posted:

yeah, sure, i like durbin. durbin my own dick

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

gay_crimes posted:

but m-m-muh trauma :qq:

*sheepdogs the left into voting for a rapist*

don’t forget racist and warcrimes advocate

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

:lmao:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

i don't begurdge members of congress getting scared by a hooting and hollering horde, but it shows how disconnected from the rest of us they've become when they think that fear for life and limb is something special in this society.

fear of dying if the crazy or cruel people decide you get to die on a whim is a fairly normal experience for most americans but within the halls of power its not something they're used to experiencing anymore

it's exactly the same "nuke hitting chicago" lack of medical care violence discussion that everyone is in agreement with in this thread, except now that some people's celebrity crush got threatened, it's v problematic

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
dick derpman

that's a 2009 reddit joke for you to enjoy

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AOC probably was freaked out and has trauma from Jan. 6th even though she was a block away from the site of the action.

Which is fine. It shows AOC isn't going to be a revolutionary leader, but she never promised to be that anyway.

The "Left" in the US is still looking for leaders.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

I will be the leader

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Dick Durbin should marry Jeffrey Toobin and become Dick Toobin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1356731365862100999?s=21

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

WorkerThread posted:

it's exactly the same "nuke hitting chicago" lack of medical care violence discussion that everyone is in agreement with in this thread, except now that some people's celebrity crush got threatened, it's v problematic

don’t forget US foreign policy which appears to be winding up for a swing at Iran and Venezuela. in general the US Congress and Washington consensus really has no regard for human life, and has naked contempt of that life if it costs them money.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

THS posted:

I will be the leader

Finally, someone is stepping up

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Judakel posted:

it's super weird to keep trying to pathologize me as having a parasocial relationship with politicians but since you apparently lack object permanence, this is why you're a loving dumbass:

Judakel posted:

Quetzadilla posted:

WorkerThread posted:

are you aoc's friend or therapist or what

No I have PTSD you loving moron.

You have chosen to make this about you

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
i have empathy for AOC because its hard not to watching someone cry about being afraid of dying - but i also have empathy for all the people that don't have empathy for her because of how brutal and horrendous life in the US is. as always the people running nonstop defense for the most powerful people in the country are fuckin annoying and pahetic

aoc wont see the people mad at her or the losers defending her - whocare!

but also Michael Tracey is a fuckin clown :)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

*adjusts glasses and squints*
"just how many joe biden threwds are there?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

WorkerThread posted:

quetz claims to be a leftier than thou with a hard materialist analysis but still simps for socdems like they are celebrities

A careerist freak who interned at Vox, infowars, and just now tried to look everyone in the eye and tell them they couldn't be happy that a bunch of do-nothing politicians were scared because there was legitimate trauma in their past that was, by the nature of PTSD, linked to trauma in the present and thus rendered all fear unjust. When Tsar Nicholas II was terrified in his palace, no one should've been happy because at some point in the past he also experienced fear and the fear he experienced that night probably reminded him of this past fear. That made any joy in the moment unjust and oppressive.