Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Does this mean like a full calendar day midnight-to-midnight or simply when the sun is up? Like does that mean he gets smarter in the winter? And why would you measure stupidity in hours to being with, it seems like a really clumsy metric

time, like intelligence, is a social construct and perception of it is completely subjective and can be "objectively measured" only in relativistic terms so really it's the perfect analogy when u think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

good violence
* palestinian deprivation
* bolivian coups
* american working poor being ground into paste

bad violence:
* me personally feeling afraid
* people telling me to f--- myself online

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Judakel posted:

A careerist freak who interned at Vox, infowars, and just now tried to look everyone in the eye and tell them they couldn't be happy that a bunch of do-nothing politicians were scared because there was legitimate trauma in their past that was, by the nature of PTSD, linked to trauma in the present and thus rendered all fear unjust. When Tsar Nicholas II was terrified in his palace, no one should've been happy because at some point in the past he also experienced fear and the fear he experienced that night probably reminded him of this past fear. That made any joy in the moment unjust and oppressive.

huh, really makes you think. I think we all learned something today, goons

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

AOC probably was freaked out and has trauma from Jan. 6th even though she was a block away from the site of the action.

Which is fine. It shows AOC isn't going to be a revolutionary leader, but she never promised to be that anyway.

The "Left" in the US is still looking for leaders.

she also had trauma because jimmy dore yelled at her on youtube

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quetzadilla posted:

it's super weird to keep trying to pathologize me as having a parasocial relationship with politicians but since you apparently lack object permanence, this is why you're a loving dumbass:

No I have PTSD you loving moron.

You have chosen to make this about you
[/quote]
[/quote]

How does that contradict what I said? You're making about you because of your parasocial relationship with this individual and your close identification with her. Explain the contradiction, if you even can. You moron.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Alexandria Oscasio-Fartez

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol AOC was a block away from the capital building

hold on, what

like the q shaman, the crazy lady who got merked by the feds and the ziptie chud weren't anywhere near her? for real?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/beysocrown/status/1356739540468252679

https://twitter.com/beysocrown/status/1356739813853057032

https://twitter.com/beysocrown/status/1356740463236104211

"chuck schumer stan account"

also bonus succ:

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1356736603222401027

THIS LITERALLY STARTED UNDER OBAMA/BIDEN YOU gently caress

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

THS posted:

Alexandria Oscasio-Fartez

drat

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Judakel posted:

A careerist freak who interned at Vox, infowars, and

it's so beautiful. bless your heart judakel.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Everyone who at a non-Democrat approved BLM protest last summer was in danger of state violence, and thousands were victims of state violence, but no one in government is talking about addressing that trauma.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quetzadilla posted:

it's so beautiful. bless your heart judakel.

Roll with those punches, you dumbass.

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.
even if joe didn't want to lobotomize drug users he was still to the right of reagan when it came to the war on drugs.

https://theintercept.com/2019/09/17/the-untold-story-joe-biden-pushed-ronald-reagan-to-ramp-up-incarceration-not-the-other-way-around/

there's even this nugget

quote:

As they each started their new roles on the Judiciary Committee, Biden approached Thurmond privately to sort out their shared priorities. Biden brought with him a 90-page draft bill and a promise: “If you keep your right-wing guys from killing this bill, I’ll keep the liberals off the bill. And if you and I stand fast and agree on what we can agree on and just hold firm, we can pass this thing,” Biden told the committee chair.

:thunk:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the cool thing about going completely hysterical on 1-6 is that even when you’ve calmed down it’s impossible to admit you overreacted without losing face

and losing face is worse than being dead

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Everyone who at a non-Democrat approved BLM protest last summer was in danger of state violence, and thousands were victims of state violence, but no one in government is talking about addressing that trauma.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Terror Sweat posted:

haha wait what?? lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

THS posted:

the cool thing about going completely hysterical on 1-6 is that even when you’ve calmed down it’s impossible to admit you overreacted without losing face

so many people in the US have this as a core motivation for their actions

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

drat!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

is there a source on that? I want to read it and lol again

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

the 2016 lover posted:

but also Michael Tracey is a fuckin clown :)

in these trying times it is good to remember the beliefs that unite us, one of which being that michael tracey, the most assaulted man in journalism, is a fuckin clown

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Judakel posted:

Roll with those punches, you dumbass.

i've never worked/interned/met/shared air/e-mailed/whatever with anyone at vox or infowars but you keep on keepin on lil buddy.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quetzadilla posted:

i've never worked/interned/met/shared air/e-mailed/whatever with anyone at vox or infowars but you keep on keepin on lil buddy.

Then you lied for attention. Which makes me wonder what else you've lied about.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i worked at infowars for a couple summers out of college, boxing up shipments of gently caress pills for distribution to omaha suburbs. they put em in the water supply, like chlorine

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

paranoid randroid posted:

in these trying times it is good to remember the beliefs that unite us, one of which being that michael tracey, the most assaulted man in journalism, is a fuckin clown

His avatar always makes him look like he's smelling his finger

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Judakel posted:

Then you lied for attention. Which makes me wonder what else you've lied about.

yeah no, again you're just demonstrating that you lack basic reading comprehension.

Judakel posted:

You have chosen to make this about you

Judakel posted:

A careerist freak who interned at Vox, infowars, and just now

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terror Sweat posted:

wait what

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/FARTRON/status/1356622854264139777

lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quetzadilla posted:

yeah no, again you're just demonstrating that you lack basic reading comprehension.

What about anything you quoted demonstrates that? You claimed, in this very thread, all of those things. Do you think people don't remember? Are you still lying?

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

paranoid randroid posted:

i worked at infowars for a couple summers out of college, boxing up shipments of gently caress pills for distribution to omaha suburbs. they put em in the water supply, like chlorine

weird, i worked for the downtown lincoln vox media water treatment plant and we also put gently caress pills in the water

small world

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Oops

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

THS posted:

sorry bro, shes a survivor. she wouldn't be believed if she said she was scared during a riot. please support her 🙏 also, republicans don't want to split their party/investigate the guy whose got 90% approval rating. their abusers, etc etc. lmfao

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

some Supreme Court suck

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

we didn’t send our best, in terms of Democrats.

it’s crazy to think they didnt consider that people’s employment situation has changed since 2019. or they did and really don’t loving care.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

THS posted:

I will be the leader

I mean there are probably broad parallels between declining industrial countries and both Spain and Italy now have government parties that seem to have originated around some internet TV guy. Go for it.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Torpor posted:

we didn’t send our best, in terms of Democrats.

it’s crazy to think they didnt consider that people’s employment situation is the same as 2019. or they did and really don’t loving care.

They cared. They saw it as a means to reduce eligibility.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Senator Cruz stop gaslighting our great nation, you’re in the U.S Senate not a freaking frat house!

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Malleum posted:

weird, i worked for the downtown lincoln vox media water treatment plant and we also put gently caress pills in the water

small world

Weird, I put gently caress pills in my body, which has kidneys that are kinda sorta a type of water filtration plant

We're all practically cousins!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Vim Fuego posted:

What source does footnote 38 point to?

I guess it's the wrong source tho? I dunno

Ruzihm posted:

mystes posted:

Okay, this appears to be a quote from the book Yesterday's Man: The Case Against Joe Biden. It gives the following sources in the footnote for this:

The last source seems to be the wrong newspaper; it looks like it's an article from the St. Cloud Times not USA Today, and I don't have access to it, so I can't tell where "and developing a product that would suppress not just the good feeling that resulted from drug use but any sense of enjoyment, so that 'it would in effect make life not worth living,'" is coming from exactly or whether Biden even advocated a vaccine for opoid drugs at all, but at any rate it's not at all true that a vaccine for opioid drugs would necessarily have prevent "any sense of enjoyment'" (it would presumably have to specifically target the forms the drugs are in or it would probably kill people) and it doesn't appear that Biden specifically 'advocated a vaccine for opioid drugs would necessarily have prevent "any sense of enjoyment'," so it seems false to claim that he "asked doctors to develop a medicine that would chemically lobotomize black people to prevent them from feeling physical pleasure" even if he did actually suggest developing a vaccine for opioid drugs (which I haven't been able to confirm).

That's not to say that I like Biden or that I think trying to develop a vaccine for opioid drugs is something I advocate, obviously.

Also the first source cited in that list also seem to be wrong but I can't track down what it's actually supposed to be. I would not recommend relying on a book that has this many problems with its citations.

e: oh lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

yellowcar posted:

hold on, what

like the q shaman, the crazy lady who got merked by the feds and the ziptie chud weren't anywhere near her? for real?

She doesn't work in the capital building, her office, I'm pretty sure Katie porters as well, are I'm a different building down the street. No rioters entered her building, but it was evacuated anyways