Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

They’re launching on May 14 so I guess that’s those summer vacation plans sorted out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

those will be fun to go back and play i think. i wonder if i'll be able to take all the bullshit in ME1 that wasn't so visible/obvious when it came out. probably. i am a patient gamer.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I never played 3 maybe I should play this now since I liked 1 and 2

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-acBAH6Yups

They streamlined the UI across all three games. That's all I wanted.

gently caress I'm hype again like it's 2011. Mass Effect might be my favorite series of all time it just hits me just right. Probably because I was super into Bioware out of High School and it was the first big game that I got into after becoming an adult and I pretty much enjoyed every game. Plus Citadel is right up there with Blood and Wine as an epilogue goes.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Never played any of the ME games nor I do know anything about the story etc. I think I'll get it when that comes out. I need a new game to play.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’ve played Mass Effect through 3 times and I swear each time I make the same decisions to get like version of the story. Can’t wait to do it a 4th time.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This news made me redownload ME1, because I have meant to play them individually together for years and I have an unplayed copy of ME3 on my Steam account that will gather dust after the trilogy hits.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-acBAH6Yups

They streamlined the UI across all three games. That's all I wanted.

God loving dammit they've got me again, gonna end up replaying it all for like the 5th time, even knowing how lovely the ending is (before the perfect ending that was the Citadel DLC). The high watermark remains the ending sequence of Mass Effect 2 and I cannot wait to get to that point again.

Going with FemShep in the trailer too :kiss:

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Yeah I never played through as FemShep that’s one thing I might change this time.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

Yeah I never played through as FemShep that’s one thing I might change this time.

Oh man she's way better than male shep. She has just the perfect tone of loving tired of all yall's bullshit. Especially in 2.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ME1 is the only good one, i will die on this hill

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was so depressing seeing that stat that showed that like 60% of players literally just selected "MaleShep Soldier" which was the default character creation screen - didn't even look at the various character classes or anything.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

ME1 is the only good one, i will die on this hill

I don't think it's the only good one but I do think it's the best one and the series never regained what it lost after it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

It was so depressing seeing that stat that showed that like 60% of players literally just selected "MaleShep Soldier" which was the default character creation screen - didn't even look at the various character classes or anything.

I think that's partially because there was a ton of pre release marketing videos where that Shephard was used and people got used to the look and play style presented in the preview videos.

I also prefer the first one to the other 2 it felt like a more open ended role playing game where you could explore bullshit planets and kind of do your own thing for a portion of the game and the other two were more funneling you down the story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My favorite was the second game, but ME1 felt special and different in a way the follow-ups could never quite match. The music, the setting, the characters, none of it was particularly unique or groundbreaking but they came together in a magical mix that was more than the sum of its parts, and overcame a lot of the limitations the game had on release like pop-in textures, lengthy loading times (those lifts!) and a godawful inventory system.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I loved Mass Effect but I can't see myself replaying it ever. Especially since I'd have to start with 1. And I'd be doing all of it knowing what the ultimate resolution is.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know if I can say the first one was better than the rest but I can say when I played the first one for the first time - that was a feeling I wish I could recapture. It was like the whole universe was open to you and it had such a sense of wonder. I've basically been chasing that feeling ever since. I got a small taste of it the first time I played KOTOR and Mass Effect was like that feeling times 100.

That's just for me personally of course. In retrospect I know these weren't the first games that touched on this freedom. But for me playing KOTOR was mind blowing that I could pick what I wanted my character to say. I was 17 when kotor came out.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I still listen to the ME1 score all the time when I’m working.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Doesn't matter if you're playing Paragon or Renegade, you headbutt the krogan. Every time.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My 4 year old son today: "Daddy can I play Kiryu?"

gently caress yes son. gently caress yes.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Looking forward to Judas and the Black Messiah

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

CobiWann posted:

Doesn't matter if you're playing Paragon or Renegade, you headbutt the krogan. Every time.

Hey now, that reporter ain't gonna punch herself. Every time, no matter how Paragon you wanna play.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kvantum posted:

Hey now, that reporter ain't gonna punch herself. Every time, no matter how Paragon you wanna play.

I never punch the reporter, not in any single one of my playthroughs, ever. That's a dick move regardless of Shep's alliance :colbert:

CobiWann posted:

Now THIS I can get behind :hai:

ChrisBTY posted:

knowing what the ultimate resolution is.

Having a kicking rad party and then stopping for a moment with your birdfriend to think about how much you love your ship? :hellyeah:

So yeah, Legendary Edition.... :shepspends:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
free idea for a good username: Female Shemp

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I love Garrus, my best friend.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The Stroker Ace posted:

I love Garrus, Wrex and Grunt my best friend.

:colbert:

I'm looking forward to a better character creator so I can finally make a sexy Latin Male Shep that cannot dance to save his life and is in a poly triangle with Liara and Jack.

We'll bang okay?

The Stroker Ace posted:

I always romance Jack which says A LOT about my relationship history.

Same, same. But I am super proud of her for growing up in 3 maturing a lot and still be a take no poo poo kind of character that makes me sad/mad she wasn't back on my crew.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 3, 2021

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Playing DQ11 for the first time, wonderful

Female Shemp

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i always romance Larry when playing as Female Shemp. the scene where he plays the violin before sacrificing himself is so touching.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Stroker Ace posted:

are you the person saying "i can fix you" or the victim

Mass Effect!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Shayna Baszler posted:

i always romance Larry when playing as Female Shemp. the scene where he plays the violin before sacrificing himself is so touching.

The saddest rendition of Pop Goes The Weasel to ever be in video games, they still say now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One thing that irritated me that I'd hope they'd fix in the remaster is the way so much character interaction got cut off if you decided not to pursue a romance. I never went after Jack because literally everything she says is,"Everybody I ever met has tried to sexually molest me and it hosed me up really badly" and then she immediately asks if you want to have sex and if you say no she just stops ever having anything to say to you. It's really goddamn weird and tone-deaf and out of place.

NienNunb posted:

Playing DQ11 for the first time, wonderful

Hell yes, literally my favorite game I played in 2020, it was so good and also the first Dragon Quest I ever played.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

One thing that irritated me that I'd hope they'd fix in the remaster is the way so much character interaction got cut off if you decided not to pursue a romance. I never went after Jack because literally everything she says is,"Everybody I ever met has tried to sexually molest me and it hosed me up really badly" and then she immediately asks if you want to have sex and if you say no she just stops ever having anything to say to you. It's really goddamn weird and tone-deaf and out of place.

I don't remember that romance, but I believe turning her down IS the path towards romancing her. Kind of like turning down Viconia in Baldur's Gate 2.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My memory was that I turned her down and every time I tried to talk to her after that she'd just say,"No offense but I'm a little busy, we can talk later" so :shrug:

At least Garrus eventually finished his calibrations!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.amazon.com/Sour-Patch-Chewy-Candy-Watermelon/dp/B0015TZVUO/

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://www.amazon.com/Sour-Jacks-Chewy-Candy-units/dp/B00BNMMTB2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=sour+jacks&qid=1612330326&s=grocery&sr=1-2

I swear if you try these you won't go back to sour patch, they're both good but sour jacks are unreal. S tier candy.

I don't know what the guy on the package is doing with his hands best not to look into it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
there should be a thread itf (in this forum) for the new tv show “young rock” which is about the rock, but he’s young.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Sour-Jacks-Chewy-Candy-units/dp/B00BNMMTB2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=sour+jacks&qid=1612330326&s=grocery&sr=1-2

I swear if you try these you won't go back to sour patch, they're both good but sour jacks are unreal. S tier candy.

I don't know what the guy on the package is doing with his hands best not to look into it.

i'm gonna find out if you're fibbing me with a big prank

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ohsome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:chast2b: :chast2b: :chast2b: