Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Hawkingbird was a good name

Anyway, Renner should be Goliath but they'll probably go the boring route of having him keep Ronin ronin ronin ronin (c'mon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Karma Tornado posted:

Hawkingbird was a good name

Anyway, Renner should be Goliath but they'll probably go the boring route of having him keep Ronin ronin ronin ronin (c'mon)

Well yeah, that's why Kate rejected that suggestion.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

mllaneza posted:

I'll say it again. I would watch hours of M'Baku chilling out in the mountains eating delicious vegetarian food.

"I didn't think I'd be down for a MCU cooking show, but then..."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

catlord posted:

"I didn't think I'd be down for a MCU cooking show, but then..."
The show is just a slice of Wakandan public TV programming.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The Great Wakandan M'Bake Off

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

hatelull posted:

Did the jump rope show up because of the SWORD guy's "transformation" after passing through the barrier in the sewer? His hazmat turned into a bee keeper's outfit for ... reasons and the monitor cable or whatever turned into the jump rope?

They talked about it with the drone/toy helicopter. The reality within the dome turns modern things from the outside into things that make sense with its continuity. A hazmat suit didn't jibe with the 60's sitcom aesthetic, so it turned him into a beekeeper. The cable also didn't fit with that reality, so it was turned into a retro jump rope.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

The show is just a slice of Wakandan public TV programming.

An Oprah style talk show starring T'Challa's mom

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

An Oprah style talk show starring T'Challa's mom
I'm thinking more like Good Morning Wakanda

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think Wakanda is enough of a degenerate hellhole to have TV. Everyone there seems to actually do valuable things with their time.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Gaz-L posted:

They've recast Cassie with an older actress for Ant-Man 3 and I think America Chavez is in Dr Strange? Oh, and there are rumours about some of the Bradley family being in Fal/WS

There's also rumors that Loki will eventually feature Kid Loki, and of course we already know Miss Marvel has her own show. There's a whole crop of kids coming. I'm curious to see it that Secret Wars thing they announced can produce a Hulkling.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I have to expect that Hulkling is gonna show up in Secret Invasion.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Inkspot posted:

Stealing that for Twitter, thanks.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Inkspot posted:

I have never wanted a show more.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Events of WandaVision notwithstanding, we have confirmed:
  • Cassie Lang already aged up and replaced with a teenaged actress
  • Kate Bishop in Hawkeye
  • America Chavez in Dr. Strange 2
  • Ms. Marvel getting her own D+ series and appearing in Captain Marvel 2
  • Ironheart getting her own D+ series
The odds that we're building to Young Avengers are basically 100%.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CapnAndy posted:

Events of WandaVision notwithstanding, we have confirmed:
  • Cassie Lang already aged up and replaced with a teenaged actress
  • Kate Bishop in Hawkeye
  • America Chavez in Dr. Strange 2
  • Ms. Marvel getting her own D+ series and appearing in Captain Marvel 2
  • Ironheart getting her own D+ series
The odds that we're building to Young Avengers are basically 100%.

My theory is that we're getting some kind of Dark Avengers vs. Young Avengers plot down the line.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think there will still be an Avengers team with Carol and the other adults. With Kang I would think we get something like the Young Avengers separated from the adults through time travel or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CapnAndy posted:

Events of WandaVision notwithstanding, we have confirmed: [list][*]Cassie Lang already aged up and replaced with a teenaged actress

And replaced again with a more known actor.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

I think there will still be an Avengers team with Carol and the other adults. With Kang I would think we get something like the Young Avengers separated from the adults through time travel or something.

Kang being in AntMan 3 is more likely to get us young vision than time travel separating the generations, IMO.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

We're probably gonna get a Wiccan and Speed out of Wandavision as well.

Edit: wait, how would time travel produce a young Vision when Vision came out of the box a fully formed adult?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SlimGoodbody posted:

We're probably gonna get a Wiccan and Speed out of Wandavision as well.

Edit: wait, how would time travel produce a young Vision when Vision came out of the box a fully formed adult?

Young Vision is teen Kang come back from the future, well his armor made sentient I guess

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That is a separate character from iron lad?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Young Vision is teen Kang come back from the future, well his armor made sentient I guess

That's Iron Lad.

The only young vision type characters are his kids that he made, and one of them died.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I got confused with iron lad and young vision.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Vince MechMahon posted:

I got confused with iron lad and young vision.

It was both, After Iron Lad left he left the suit, which then got a back-up copy of Vision installed and then he was just like, "I'm a person now!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

There was a Vision with brain patterns based off Iron Lad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

There was a Vision with brain patterns based off Iron Lad.

That's the one then. Maybe Kang has a back up body that becomes that or whatever the gently caress then.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Skwirl posted:

That's Iron Lad.

The only young vision type characters are his kids that he made, and one of them died.
Iron Lad merged with Vision's before we went back into his era. As a result there was a Vision body with the mind/experience of Iron Lad. That would be this Vision who dated Stature/Cassie. So yes there was a young vision type character related to Kang/Young Avengers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I love how everything related to kang ends up having a stupidly convoluted story

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

I love how everything related to kang ends up having a stupidly convoluted story

That's what happens with time travel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Vision was a really lovely character until his YA rebirth.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You guys explaining The Vision is making me hate The Vision.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SonicRulez posted:

You guys explaining The Vision is making me hate The Vision.
I'm stealing from Edge & Christian, way back, when he explained that Ultron is always about two steps away from doing this at any given time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLZDXWcr_Mc

Vision is Ultron's ultimate expression of that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CapnAndy posted:

I'm stealing from Edge & Christian, way back, when he explained that Ultron is always about two steps away from doing this at any given time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLZDXWcr_Mc

Vision is Ultron's ultimate expression of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gOqXTCOci8&ab_channel=christinakoul

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Here’s my prediction for the end of WandaVision:

Spectrum/Monica Rambeau confronts Wanda, telling her she’s a mutant - probably bring in either Wolverine or Professor X (Elizabeth Olson has mentioned that there’s a crazy cameo in WV season 1 on the level of the one in Mandalorian) - to help her. They tell her that she’s dangerous, can’t be controlled, and needs to come with the mutants for monitoring. She responds with, quote, “No. MORE mutants.” and Thanos snaps a whole bunch of them into existence. Then she fucks off to god knows where, setting herself up as the main/primary antagonist of Phase 4.

Tommy and Billy wake up somewhere, having been snapped into existence. This, combined with Ms Marvel Kamala Khan/Kate Bishop/Cassie Lang, plus a possible Young Loki/Iron Lad, sets up YA as a main force to combat Scarlet Witch.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

NieR Occomata posted:

Here’s my prediction for the end of WandaVision:

Spectrum/Monica Rambeau confronts Wanda, telling her she’s a mutant - probably bring in either Wolverine or Professor X (Elizabeth Olson has mentioned that there’s a crazy cameo in WV season 1 on the level of the one in Mandalorian) - to help her. They tell her that she’s dangerous, can’t be controlled, and needs to come with the mutants for monitoring. She responds with, quote, “No. MORE mutants.” and Thanos snaps a whole bunch of them into existence. Then she fucks off to god knows where, setting herself up as the main/primary antagonist of Phase 4.

Tommy and Billy wake up somewhere, having been snapped into existence. This, combined with Ms Marvel Kamala Khan/Kate Bishop/Cassie Lang, plus a possible Young Loki/Iron Lad, sets up YA as a main force to combat Scarlet Witch.

I think you misunderstood what Olson said. She meant that Luke Skywaker was going to be In Wandavision.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/1357071363073314816
Legends season seven, let's do this. Kind of hilarious this is going to be one of the longest running CWVerse shows.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Superman & Lois is gonna have to do incredibly poor numbers not to get a renewal if Batwoman got one this year.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hell yeah Riverdale! RIP Katy Keene!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gaz-L posted:

Superman & Lois is gonna have to do incredibly poor numbers not to get a renewal if Batwoman got one this year.

I have to assume they auto renewed batwoman just because they don't want the optics of hiring a black woman to fill the role and then cancelling it 3 episodes into her first season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Legends has literally gotten a 0.0 in the ratings and still been renewed. The CW is incredibly generous with their DC shows.