Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

The only puppetfelted friend D&D I'll watch is Perception Check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Coolness Averted posted:

lol I know someone who worked on that and when they posted about it I made the :chloe: face

I have heard that that dwarf character has a crossbow he has dubbed "Assfuck."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

D&D getting in on that Lady Dimitrescu vibe

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
[Sliding my character sheet across the table for my dwarf monk named 'Knockers McJuggins']

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
apparently the puppet with huge boobs was by request of her voice actress, who explicitly asked that the puppet's boobs be as big as possible

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
did they retconn thicc lady dworfs? Letting people be horny with more races was a good step

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Countblanc posted:

apparently the puppet with huge boobs was by request of her voice actress, who explicitly asked that the puppet's boobs be as big as possible

Sure is.
https://twitter.com/TheJovenshire/status/1356660616090411008

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
It's amazing the width and breadth of boob jokes out there nowadays, just beyond your grasp.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

IMO a spinner is dice, so just make a spinner with 110 perfectly equal segments. If you don't want to have fights about whether the pointer is pointing at a line, fabricate a clicker-style spinwheel with pegs that force the pointer to always be unequivocally on a value.

Then, program a random number generator to spin the spinner, to remove the human cheating element, and you're all set!

e. alternatively, get 110 unique cards (you probably have enough board games in your closet to do this right now), sleeve them, and make a chart that maps cards to numeric values. Shuffle up and deal!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Feeling somewhat low energy this week, maybe I will get some juices flowing after I finish flying an exploding giant wyvern into my players tomorrow?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Leperflesh posted:

IMO a spinner is dice, so just make a spinner with 110 perfectly equal segments. If you don't want to have fights about whether the pointer is pointing at a line, fabricate a clicker-style spinwheel with pegs that force the pointer to always be unequivocally on a value.

Then, program a random number generator to spin the spinner, to remove the human cheating element, and you're all set!

e. alternatively, get 110 unique cards (you probably have enough board games in your closet to do this right now), sleeve them, and make a chart that maps cards to numeric values. Shuffle up and deal!

That's pretty much how the "paper dice" in Whitehack(soon getting it's third edition) works*, it's a sheet of paper with a random spread of numbers on it, then you take a pencil or something similar, spin it and you use the number it lands on

*for situations where you don't or can't have access to real dice(it'd be a great game for people in Prison for this reason)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gotta admit though: that's an A+ name. Superfluously spelled with an i but a solid idea.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

actually more like a D+ name

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

just realized she's a Dragonborn as well, I guess that's not a point of contention anymore

e: I also legitimately quite enjoy that Hatchet Hand also has a cutlass, like it's not even crossed his mind that he's already got a weapon

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 3, 2021

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

you know what. she is on her right to do so. and i'm on my right to be horny for the hand puppet

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Roll d100, and if you roll a repeat add 1.

Seriously, there's absolutely no reason to roll d110. If the last ten options on the list are your favorites then move them to the top.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's a good point. What are 10 more items on the list really gonna add to the process for your players? Throw out the 10 least interesting ones, and your game can only get better for it. Or if you can't decide which those are, roll a virtual d110 ten times.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The Happytime Murder-Hobos

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MagpieOfficial/status/1356979515420008450

On the one hand, neat, an Avatar RPG.

On the other hand, aw, Magpie.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Magpie Games posted:

Together they might protect local merchants from the Triple Threat Triad in Republic City, travel through a spirit portal to rescue a child taken into the Spirit World, negotiate peace between feuding communities within the Earth Kingdom, or pursue mysteries (and villains) that arise throughout their adventures!

The roleplaying game’s Core Book is slated for a February 2022 release with two supplements to follow in August 2022 and February 2023 titled Republic City and The Spirit World respectively.

It tickles me that the two most evocative adventure ideas they propose are to be found in the supplements.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

I have no moral objection to what they're doing, I just find the image of giant gazongas on a Muppet to be horrifying on a primal level.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

CitizenKeen posted:

It tickles me that the two most evocative adventure ideas they propose are to be found in the supplements.

Lmao the other one they pitch about negotiating a peace between feuding Earth Kingdom communities is also literally the plot of the most-disliked episode of the original Avatar series. I understand the premise itself isn't bad, but come on you could find a million better callbacks to make.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nuns with Guns posted:

Lmao the other one they pitch about negotiating a peace between feuding Earth Kingdom communities is also literally the plot of the most-disliked episode of the original Avatar series. I understand the premise itself isn't bad, but come on you could find a million better callbacks to make.
Play star trek adventures! You can: have racist caricatures try to force your crew into marriage! Find a haunted sex candle! Bajoran politics!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Splicer posted:

Play star trek adventures! You can: have racist caricatures try to force your crew into marriage! Find a haunted sex candle! Bajoran politics!

Be a part of the Temporal Cold War!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I always like the premise of "You're stuck in temporal war between two future versions of your current government," which TENET and Continuum sort of captured.

I think it would make a really neat, paranoid-laden spy game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I will probably play the Avatar rpg

honestly imo any franchise where you've got the fanbase making tons of original characters should have a tabletop game license it seems like leaving money on the table not to

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

An official Avatar universe game will at least be a deterrent from more nerds trying to recreate it using 5e and who knows, maybe they'll actually learn a new system for it. That said yeah god I agree I wish it wasn't Magpie.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I've played in an ATLA-based game using Legends of the Wulin and worked incredibly well so hopefully they bring in Jenna Moran to design the whole thing.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I've played two different PBTA Avatar games and a DITV based one. The people wanna bend some Greek elements.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
There was also a 4e hack with earth/fire/wind/water as classes for the four roles

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cortex would probably work pretty easy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
At this point I think the most obvious "why the gently caress doesn't this have an RPG" franchises are, like, Pokemon and Naruto. Or I guess replace Naruto with shonen series of your choice.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

At this point I think the most obvious "why the gently caress doesn't this have an RPG" franchises are, like, Pokemon and Naruto. Or I guess replace Naruto with shonen series of your choice.

Official do you mean? Because I played fanmade RPGs of both those series.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Blockhouse posted:

Wizco put out a Pokemon rpg for very young gamers back in the day.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Blockhouse posted:

- basically every anime
- basically any video game franchise with more than 2 games in it
- basically every book series

where's the official final fantasy the anime rpg

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'm not really invested in pokemon in specific but I do like the idea of an RPG where each player is managing a team.

I do also appreciate how bluntly artificial the pokemon universe is. Just, no attempt to make a natural seeming civilization anywhere and screw you for even asking.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Hostile V posted:

An official Avatar universe game will at least be a deterrent from more nerds trying to recreate it using 5e and who knows, maybe they'll actually learn a new system for it. That said yeah god I agree I wish it wasn't Magpie.

This is the first I've ever heard of Magpie I think. What's the problem with them?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PeterWeller posted:

This is the first I've ever heard of Magpie I think. What's the problem with them?
When people starting making noise about what a creep Zak S was, the main guy at Magpie wrote an essay saying the real monsters were Zak's critics who were engaged in a never-ending Two Minute Hate against him for saying mean things about him and that he was not going to put up with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Oh wow. Well gently caress that guy.