Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hepler got severe harassment and I regret that I did some myself back during the DA2 lets play. She said some dumb poo poo but she didn't deserve the horrendous sexist harassment for it.

David Gaider shouldn't have engaged on the forums at all, but we wouldn't have gotten his "Militant Islamic Borg" description of the Qunari otherwise.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hepler got severe harassment and I regret that I did some myself back during the DA2 lets play.

David Gaider shouldn't have engaged on the forums at all, but we wouldn't have gotten his "Militant Islamic Borg" description of the Qunari otherwise.

Gaider got run off social media entirely by pedophile fans of Dragon Age, so...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think it was on Reddit but wasn't there some mentally deranged guy who was convinced that Cassandra in Dragon Age Inquisition was transgender who had chopped up genitals because she had short hair?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 3, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think it was on Reddit but wasn't there some mentally deranged guy who was convinced that Cassandra in Dragon Age Inquisition was a transgendered person who had chopped up genitals because she had short hair?

That's bizarre and sadly believable. But Bioware DID gently caress up making Cora straight I mean come the gently caress on

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think it was on Reddit but wasn't there some mentally deranged guy who was convinced that Cassandra in Dragon Age Inquisition was a transgendered person who had chopped up genitals because she had short hair?

Can't say I remember that, but given how people reacted to Abby from Last of Us, I sadly believe it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Eimi posted:

Can't say I remember that, but given how people reacted to Abby from Last of Us, I sadly believe it.

The typical gamer gets very confused when devs dare dare to include women who don't look like unnaturally smooth skinned dead eyed sex dolls. Although even the less conventionally attractive women still fall neatly on some kind of Hollywood pretty spectrum.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I recall it being in one of the AUG threads from PYF and it started out as ranting about a short haired warrior woman and quickly turned completely crazy.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh good, May isn’t too soon or too far away. I will be done with my Andromeda replay by then with some time for a break as well

Andromeda is going well, I really like this game? Pretty much finished all the quests available for Voeld including rescuing the Moshae, and I’m about to go back to the Angaran city to fully explore that.

Started the Jaal romance with my mRyder :3:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Steam is showing the legendary edition as $60 but also offering a bundle with ME3, so I'm not sure what's happening. Are they really releasing each remastered game independently for $60 each?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Cythereal posted:

Steam is showing the legendary edition as $60 but also offering a bundle with ME3, so I'm not sure what's happening. Are they really releasing each remastered game independently for $60 each?

It would be the most bullshit way to do it so probably.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cythereal posted:

No, that bundle pops up because if you buy ME3 before the 9th you get a discount on ME Remaster. They're doing it because ME3 came to Steam less than a year ago.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Two questions:
Does Steam's version of ME3 still hook into Origin?
Can I use my steam MELE product key to unlock it in origin as well?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Imagine being psyched to give bioware of 2021 money lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But bioware magic! I'm only human after all.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1356647653413593089

Oh no. Can they unannounce this thing and pretend it never happened?

Lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1356652964820131840?s=20

Another home run bioware :bravo:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
lmao what the gently caress

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Kurieg posted:

Two questions:
Does Steam's version of ME3 still hook into Origin?
Can I use my steam MELE product key to unlock it in origin as well?

Just started playing ME3 for the first time (thanks as always to Annakie for the ME saves site).
Yes ME3 does hook into Origin, be sure and turn off Origin in game in its settings, it was causing me stuttering.

2 mods loaded within the first hour, one to make the hud larger.
It was teeny on a larger screen.
And another to enable holstering, buggy but so worth it.
I hope the 2-4mb of memory that was saved really helped the consoles by making PC controls lovely by disabling holstering your weapon.

Any other must have mods for ME3?

Dunno about the product key thing.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Arcsquad12 posted:

Quick thing - transgender is the better term

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hell yes I am extremely hype for this. I love the series, but haven't played any of the OT since original release, so I'll be coming to it with relatively fresh eyes.

Honestly kind of fighting the urge to do a third Andromeda playthrough in anticipation...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

isk posted:

Quick thing - transgender is the better term

Yeah, good point. I changed it. I'm still trying to find the rabbit hole. It was a crazy story from what I recall.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Doctor Nutt posted:

No, that bundle pops up because if you buy ME3 before the 9th you get a discount on ME Remaster. They're doing it because ME3 came to Steam less than a year ago.

Yep, if you buy the bundle with ME3 in your library the cost of the remaster is 44.81 instead of 59.99.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

How tasty are the bowsers going to be?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao what the gently caress is this poo poo, did they just use reshade or something

I bet they did

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It legitimately looks like one of those "better more graphics" skyrim reshade mods that cranks up the graffix to 11, and ruins how the game was supposed to look lol

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Wow, what a suprise!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Liara I'll be faithful the entire time I promise please don't use your shadow broker powers to dox me.

ME3 with 4k textures: woah Ashely how are you? Yeah its been cool hey want to spend some time together drat girl the alliance fixed you right up I don't even mind your weird hunter dog bear attack racism anymore.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's all a bit manipulative how much the game wants you to to be loving Liara through all 3 Mass Effects. I still did it but that doesn't mean I can't complain!!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Male shepard

ME1: pick between sexy blue alien or space racist. Easy choice

ME2: buffet of choice, sexy human supremacist, hot topic goth girl with ~issues~, nerdy teen alien girl, also the ships therapist will do lap dances for you if certain requirements are met

ME3: gently caress it, all of them. Oh and this gay guy who just lost his husband. Also this IGN chick we face scanned into the game. Still can't gently caress the sexy robot with a cameltoe, Seth Greene called dibs already.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe the fifth mass effect game will finally let me gently caress a krogan

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

They really didn't need to add big lensflares to every screenshot, but let's not pretend that ME1 at least wasn't already chock-full of them anyway.

I do agree that it's strange (to be charitable) that they apparently made the start on Eden Prime look just like any other pretty day in the colony, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hedrigall posted:

Maybe the fifth mass effect game will finally let me gently caress a krogan

You know it’s going to be the other way round. :colbert:

Sombrerotron posted:

They really didn't need to add big lensflares to every screenshot, but let's not pretend that ME1 at least wasn't already chock-full of them anyway.

I do agree that it's strange (to be charitable) that they apparently made the start on Eden Prime look just like any other pretty day in the colony, though.

The ME1 lens flares were always those weird rectangular camera artifact ones.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I could not care less about lens flares.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

The_Doctor posted:

The ME1 lens flares were always those weird rectangular camera artifact ones.

Like the very screenshot you posted shows (is that another official one by the way, or the product of some skillful modding?), ME1 had both types, but mostly actually the type shown in the (other?) new screenshots (albeit not as overly bright).

That being said:

exquisite tea posted:

I could not care less about lens flares.
What I do care about is the Mako's controls, though. Whoever said that it's better than the Nomad doesn't have any idea what they're talking about. It's easy enough to give the Nomad a few upgrades that make it very speedy and it always sticks to the ground; the Mako is always slow and it'll bounce all over the place if you don't very carefully nurse it uphill - or even across/around small bumps in the terrain. Comparisons aside, the Mako's handling (or lack thereof) was a major complaint for many people back in the day, so if the LE improves on that I'm all for it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
mass effect: billabong t-shirt edition

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Torpedoing Joker and Edi's relationship was one of the greatest joys in ME3

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
crumpling into himself while cursing boneitis

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

pentyne posted:

Liara I'll be faithful the entire time I promise please don't use your shadow broker powers to dox me.

ME3 with 4k textures: woah Ashely how are you? Yeah its been cool hey want to spend some time together drat girl the alliance fixed you right up I don't even mind your weird hunter dog bear attack racism anymore.

the most hilarious part of that is that Ashley was right. without Space Jesus everything would have been hosed because every species was like "lol, gently caress u, glad u got attacked first so we can 'defend' ourselves."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Admiral Ray posted:

the most hilarious part of that is that Ashley was right. without Space Jesus everything would have been hosed because every species was like "lol, gently caress u, glad u got attacked first so we can 'defend' ourselves."

She's not even racist, she's just cynical about politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now if they've fixed the mako controls have they also fixed the horrendous uncharted worlds map design