Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Soonmot posted:

I feel the same way. I have a caro emerald station on Pandora that gets done electro swing mixed into it that I enjoy, but when I tried to make a full electro swing station I quickly got annoyed

I like Caro Emerald more. It was the use of "That Man" in the Agent Carter premiere episode that introduced me to her (tying this back into comic-related stuff), then her live cover of "Bad Romance," and the rest was history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

JordanKai posted:

so I think calling him a fake leftist goes a little bit too far.
He has referred to organizations like the black panthers as "tankie ethnonationalist". He also unironically spreads the meme of "anarcho-Bidenism" or whatever the gently caress. He's also said that he says the "n-word" offline all the time. In fact, I think he screams it in one of his streams while "debating a chud".

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

void_serfer posted:

He has referred to organizations like the black panthers as "tankie ethnonationalist". He also unironically spreads the meme of "anarcho-Bidenism" or whatever the gently caress. He's also said that he says the "n-word" offline all the time. In fact, I think he screams it in one of his streams while "debating a chud".

There's a difference between being a lovely leftist and being a fake one.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There's a difference between being a lovely leftist and being a fake one.

I mean, urging that people vote for Joe Biden isn't what "leftists" do. Also trying to brand him (Biden) as being anywhere near the left is sacrilege.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jan 19, 2021

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

void_serfer posted:

I mean, urging that people vote for Joe Biden isn't what "leftists" do. Also trying to brand him (Biden) as being anywhere near the left is sacrilege.

If you're going to declare that everyone who told people to vote Biden over Trump is not a Real Leftist then that is entirely on you but is not actually based in reality and actively insults a lot of activists and advocates.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

If you're going to declare that everyone who told people to vote Biden over Trump is not a Real Leftist then that is entirely on you but is not actually based in reality and actively insults a lot of activists and advocates.

Leftist is kind of a useless term in the imperial core, to be honest. It's always diluted to engaging in electoralism or "nonviolent" protests.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

void_serfer posted:

Lol why didn't I look at your gangtag before responding.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Lol why didn't I look at your gangtag before responding.

My avatar works as well.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

You can encourage people to vote for him cause he's better than Trump, but the instant you actually think that makes him GOOD you're no longer a leftist, you're a lib, because you think the ultimate lib is good. Pretty easy distinction to make.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Love the "no true Scotsman"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Love the "no true Scotsman"

I mean, endorsing a politician who's policies are the exact opposite of the position you claim to take is pretty clearly signaling you aren't actually in favor of that position. I can scream "I'm a leftist" on Twitter all day but if I then go vote for Donald Trump and also actively talk about how much Trump rules, it's pretty clear that one of those statements aren't true to anyone with half a brain. Biden is honestly more of a conservative than even a liberal on most issues, so same poo poo with him. It's the same reason "anarcho-capitalists" get laughed at.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I feel like it's partly my fault that we ended up getting hung up on Vaush, but I'm still going to ask you all to drop it. :sweatdrop: I'm sure there's a thread in C-SPAM that is more appropriate for this discussion.

There used to be a Breadtube thread in D&D as well but it got gassed.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JordanKai posted:

There used to be a Breadtube thread in D&D as well but it got gassed.

i can't possibly imagine how that happened

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

void_serfer posted:

the new black panthers. of the old organization, he's only had good things to say. this is a factual understanding of the NBPP.

the n-word all the time thing is old Destiny drama, but Vaush did drop the hard R on the killstream, which in context isn't as bad as it sounds.

anarcho-bidenism is a joke.

e: I'll stop here cause I didn't see that other post. there's just like two leftists that I can tolerate the content of, and it's annoying how badly they get painted through strategic clips out of context 🙃

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mister No posted:

the n-word all the time thing is old Destiny drama, but Vaush did drop the hard R on the killstream, which in context isn't as bad as it sounds.

Destiny first came out in 2014. Any white person who didn't know you aren't supposed to use the n word in 2014 was either a small child or a piece of poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Destiny first came out in 2014. Any white person who didn't know you aren't supposed to use the n word in 2014 was either a small child or a piece of poo poo.

wrong Destiny, dog

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
For real, drop it. We're so far from anything having to do with the comic book industry now. Go drink a hot cup of tea and gaze wistfully out the window until something actually relevant to BSS happens please.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Apraxin posted:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/16/donald-trump-thor-hammer-artists-created-white-house-moving/

The hammer was made by some Trump-loving artists who spent three months and $4,000 worth of materials making it for him 2016, mailed it to Trump Tower before the the inauguration, and then never heard back nor saw their beloved creation again until that picture came out.

LoL! Trump saw it wasn't solid gold (plated) and gave it to Barron!

I guarantee it was too heavy for him so he just tossed it in a closet. :yeshaha:

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
https://twitter.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1353768902967214080?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I lose track of which rear end in a top hat is which, what's his connection to comics gate? Did he actually write or draw one of the terrible comics or just general online douchebaggery?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I lose track of which rear end in a top hat is which, what's his connection to comics gate? Did he actually write or draw one of the terrible comics or just general online douchebaggery?

Boyette's is/was a CG YouTuber who fell out with EVS sometime last year. His biggest claim to 'fame' was reporting he was SWATted by... whatever anti-ComicsGate is called and his proof was a police report! Except no, it was just the receipt police give to you when you report literally anything.

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology
Is he the mailbox weirdo?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Combaticus posted:

Is he the mailbox weirdo?

That was 'The Umbrella Guy' who did end up doxxing himself but I don't think it was that name.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Comicsgate has split into a number of weird factions in the past, mostly based on Ethan Van Sciver's bruised ego, who needs to kick up drama to keep the chuds interested in his live streams or his robo-toad comics.

One of the major fractures in it was when Mike Miller, a former DC artist, and Edwin Boyette, who has no actual writing or artistic talent but was simply a hype man, split off from Comicsgate because it wasn't religious enough. So now there's this truly bizarre faction of Comicsgate that does Bible studies once a week and doesn't try to hide their hatred of all things that don't fall into "white heterosexual Christian values".

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

fritz posted:

That was 'The Umbrella Guy' who did end up doxxing himself but I don't think it was that name.

That was great. Somebody mentions the actor who plays Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter movies, talking about said character and TUG is all Affleck Batman "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME."

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Do media "journalists" count? Because if so,

https://twitter.com/DerfelMacGuffin/status/1353800259948961792?s=19

I debated putting this in the movie thread but I feel maybe this is a better fit for it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A context-free shitpost from a movie blogger?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Xarbala posted:

A context-free shitpost from a movie blogger?

Not sure what context you need? In an interview director talks about how after losing his daughter he didn't have the energy to deal with the studio bullshit, and the editor in chief of a fairly large media site thought posting a laughing gif was a good idea.

Calling him a movie blogger is kind of underselling it imo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

McCloud posted:

Not sure what context you need? In an interview director talks about how after losing his daughter he didn't have the energy to deal with the studio bullshit, and the editor in chief of a fairly large media site thought posting a laughing gif was a good idea.

Calling him a movie blogger is kind of underselling it imo

I think this may actually be a better fit for the movie thread after all because I was waiting for a reveal that this weintraub guy was a chud or a sex pest or something.

He's an rear end in a top hat but considering what normally gets posted here the whole thing seemed kind of tame, in a "people scraping around looking to find fuel for an outrage machine" kind of way.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The whole “and this is what we think of you, bloggers” just makes me think that this is lovely people pointing out the lovely behavior of another lovely person.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ethics in movie blogging

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah I think "'blogger' reacts inappropriately" is kind of burying the lede here.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What was Brett Booth’s deal aside from the past Islamaphobia? (Which is more than enough, mind.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

What was Brett Booth’s deal aside from the past Islamaphobia? (Which is more than enough, mind.)

https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/01/26/why-comicsxf-is-not-covering-brett-booths-comics/

quote:

In October Brett Booth was announced as artist for X-Men #17. Booth has a documented history of encouraging harassment of women in comics criticism. You can read Janelle Asselin’s first person account of the situation here, including the threats of sexual violence. These threats were not delivered directly by Booth, but he used his platform to incite this harassment. Booth has not publicly recognized any wrongdoing.

There's links to the original stuff in the blog post.

Jackapol
Sep 16, 2007
Huh huh buhhh.
Wasn't Brandon Graham a super creep? Coulda sworn that dude got kicked to the curb, but his named popped up with a new comic of his through Image called "Rain Like Hammers". Looks generically of his style, and of what I remember from a few years ago he didn't just shot himself in the foot, he blew his whole flank off with creepy comic defense after creepy comic defense. Egh Image should be doing better, always seems like a better idea to distance yourself from theses skives dudes so as to not upset some potential money making scheme sometime down the line.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Image isn't doing a whole lot right now in terms of great comics in my opinion. I hardly have anything on my pull list from them. I might have more from Ahoy Comics at this point.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jackapol posted:

Wasn't Brandon Graham a super creep? Coulda sworn that dude got kicked to the curb, but his named popped up with a new comic of his through Image called "Rain Like Hammers". Looks generically of his style, and of what I remember from a few years ago he didn't just shot himself in the foot, he blew his whole flank off with creepy comic defense after creepy comic defense. Egh Image should be doing better, always seems like a better idea to distance yourself from theses skives dudes so as to not upset some potential money making scheme sometime down the line.

Was revealed to be a creep to trans women, made an insanely cringe "diss track" comic, ran out of community and took a pause
Image is not likely to give him another big chance and promotion like with the Island and 8house (and very few people would vouch for him this time), so whatever

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Here's WWAC on him:
https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2018/04/brandon-graham/

He put out a "diss track" comic about it that I honestly don't remember much about and don't feel like rereading.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So you might be hearing about this soon, if you haven't already, the immortal hulk panel in particular

https://twitter.com/bizmichael/status/1357067666582691840?s=19
https://twitter.com/mygoodfriendjmh/status/1357069440727339012?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh that's really bad.

And also FYI for future reference if you post the reply to a tweet, it also posts the tweet being replied to so no need to do both! (This is also handy if you wan to post a tweet thread because you only have to post every other tweet)