Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Defenestrategy posted:

What ever the gently caress happened in the office, what ever that dude wrote is 100% not what happened. I will eat a fruit hat if multiple people confirm that any part of that bullshit is true beyond "Got through multiple security check points and met with trump and an argument about the election and fraud ensued"

He also corroborated the claim that he ate a fuckton of meatballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Godholio posted:

He also corroborated the claim that he ate a fuckton of meatballs.

I can believe he completely housed a bowl of appetizers that night.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There is so much stdh.txt in that story holy poo poo. It reads like a twelve year old writing a story where the main character beats up someone with the bully's name spelled backwards.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

brains posted:

this is one of the most insufferable things i've ever read, and i've read some fuckin' whoppers. this guy's ego may actually be bigger than trumps.

lol I completely stopped believing anything he wrote when he added in the bit about some rando security knowing who Flynn was much less recognizing the Overstock turd.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 3, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"For want of book deals, the coup was a failure."

The thing that depresses me the most is that America just had it's Beer Gut Putsch, and much like Munich, it failed because a bunch of idiots just assumed "hey, it might work!" Trump's advisors were too busy getting their close-ups on TV to advise him on how *actual* coups succeed - you find the mid-level government functionaries that actually *make poo poo work* and you promise them blood and treasure if they play along. This is anathema to Trump as his entire M.O. is loving people over who do things for him.

I've a feeling the next time, with someone even a fraction of a percentage more competent, *won't* gently caress up the "shut the gently caress up until you have things sewn up" part of any successful coup. The left should be doing everything in their power to finally rein in "superpresidential" authority, but good loving luck convincing Diamond Joe that he's not responsible enough to wield Putinesque authority.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
You mean like the bush administration just after 9/11

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Defenestrategy posted:

Has anyone considered... not means testing? So what if a dude making 500k with two houses gets some chump change, I'd rather 1 dude who needs money gets it and 10 dudes who don't need the money get it than the reverse. If you actually care about it that much, just raise taxes on those making a bunch of money to fund it?

America is a christian* nation and has made it's opinions on blackstone's ratio very clear

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

That lady was allowed to go on her Mexican retreat, by the way.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

GoGoGadget posted:

The USA won't survive the decade.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

The USA didn't survive the decade.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"For want of book deals, the coup was a failure."

The thing that depresses me the most is that America just had it's Beer Gut Putsch, and much like Munich, it failed because a bunch of idiots just assumed "hey, it might work!" Trump's advisors were too busy getting their close-ups on TV to advise him on how *actual* coups succeed - you find the mid-level government functionaries that actually *make poo poo work* and you promise them blood and treasure if they play along. This is anathema to Trump as his entire M.O. is loving people over who do things for him.

I've a feeling the next time, with someone even a fraction of a percentage more competent, *won't* gently caress up the "shut the gently caress up until you have things sewn up" part of any successful coup. The left should be doing everything in their power to finally rein in "superpresidential" authority, but good loving luck convincing Diamond Joe that he's not responsible enough to wield Putinesque authority.

I keep saying this also. It's pure comedy that Trump was unable to do anything due to the sheer stupidity of himself and his people. Anyone with the same aims and even the slightest whiff of competency would have succeeded.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

No loving way.

E: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/02/02/capitol-rioter-wants-go-mexican-vacation-and-court-lets-her/4358889001/

Richard Bong fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 3, 2021

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

And of course she thinks SHE'S the victim of her own behavior.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

As Nero Danced posted:

And of course she thinks SHE'S the victim of her own behavior.

I hope she drinks the water in Mexico. Or better yet, gets serious covid there.

Karma is a lie, wish ill on idiots all you want.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Of course they let her. And here my wife and I are cancelling our trip to mexico for the 2nd time because of you know... a global pandemic killing millions.

In any other era this person would already have their head on a spike outside the city gates.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
maybe a dozen years ago the cartels could have done that for you

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We live in a time where we are being driven to destruction by masses that would have been killed or killed themselves via their own stupidity long prior. Pretty cool.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I don't feel like digging through his poo poo, did Tucker Carlson ever reveal the Hunter Biden dirt that he swore UPS lost in some nefarious scheme to undermine his undermining of the election?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mood

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I haven't looked but feeling like absolutely not is the safe bet

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

She’s a small business owner and a patriotic American who loves her country so much that just got caught up in the moment. She’s got a bright future ahead of her and she had really been looking forward to this special trip for so long, so what’s the harm in letting her go? It’s not like someone facing her kinds of charges would be a flight risk or something.

This is of course in direct contrast to that 16 year old kid who spent three years in pre-trial detention at Rikers for the unspeakable crime of stealing a backpack.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Judges hate when someone messes up their vacation and are pretty generous about not messing up other people's. Long planned vacations are excuses used by lawyers all the time as justification for delays in court proceedings and the requests are granted almost universally.

Note this does not apply if you're the defendant and poor or a minority.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm sure if she were really antifa they'd grant it to her too

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
crime does take a vacation from time to time i guess

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm sure if she were really antifa they'd grant it to her too

She'd have gotten Michael Reinoehl'd by now.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Could this be a play from the judge hoping that she'll try to run from her misdemeanor charges, leading to more serious charges?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

As Nero Danced posted:

I don't feel like digging through his poo poo, did Tucker Carlson ever reveal the Hunter Biden dirt that he swore UPS lost in some nefarious scheme to undermine his undermining of the election?

IIRC, he had a segment shortly after that UPS bullshit where he was like “Hey guys, Hunter has been through enough. We’re gonna lay off him.”

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1356603297172500485

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Time Crisis Actor posted:

IIRC, he had a segment shortly after that UPS bullshit where he was like “Hey guys, Hunter has been through enough. We’re gonna lay off him.”

I'm sure the message was received

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

There's not a :jerkbag: big enough for this bullshit

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1356993871457247237

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I hope she runs

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How is dogecoin back :psyduck:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
We should totally get rid of the presumption of innocence!!!

I also enjoy making GBS threads on the president for suggesting that federal action on an unprecedented scale is necessary. What a buffoon!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Grip it and rip it posted:

:allears:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Maybe we could just selectively revoke people's constitutionally guaranteed rights based on how deserving they are.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
How about if you participate in an attempted coup, we just put you in a box and leave you there for the rest of your life.

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

How is dogecoin back :psyduck:

Bored meme traders while the market was closed. See also, silver.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Silver feels manufactured. There were so many fresh accounts copy pasting positive stuff about silver.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It should be illegal to arrest people because people are innocent until convicted and an arrest is an assault on their freedom of movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Grip it and rip it posted:

I also enjoy making GBS threads on the president for suggesting that federal action on an unprecedented scale is necessary. What a buffoon!

Yes let's make grandiose, pandering Twitter posts about making a difference and fixing the planet while simultaneously means testing assistance for people during a global pandemic

Hrm yes

:jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag: