Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

E: I have never let my wife live down the time she said "wax lyricaling" instead of "waxing lyrical"

My wife has a habit of saying 'Kanye peppers' when she means cayenne. It's frigging adorable :shobon:

Edit: 16 is how many Kanye peppers I'm going to put in tomorrow's curry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

big scary monsters posted:

I suppose if you're going to overwinter in Antarctica you probably aren't doing it just for the money, but the flat rate £24,685 salary +10% bonus seems pretty bad for highly skilled work, spending a year entirely cut off from the world living in a metal shack in a frozen desert. Though on the upside your food and accommodation are paid and you've got plenty of time to organise an Antarctic workers' union.

I mean, this is pretty big, yes. You're making 2 grand a month with literally nothing to spend it on, so you'll be coming home with all of that minus tax (which will be at the basic rate) in your bank account.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/MadeleinaKay/status/1356949605494255617?s=19

Lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

My wife has a habit of saying 'Kanye peppers' when she means cayenne. It's frigging adorable :shobon:

Edit: 16 is how many Kanye peppers I'm going to put in tomorrow's curry
Kanye preppers

https://twitter.com/BarryNL/status/1356959821866672132

:barf::negative:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Since we are in the chaos timeline I'm not even going to wait for a page snipe.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/CGoreham/status/1356944099136458756?s=19

Genuinely thought this one was a joke

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It is absolutely incredible that Starmer is managing to unite the left and the centrist remainiacs against him.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Comrade Fakename posted:

It is absolutely incredible that Starmer is managing to unite the left and the centrist remainiacs against him.

The competence is just to pure for any of us to handle.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The competence is just to pure for any of us to handle.

Us regular folk just don't understand the political chess Keith and his crack team of consultants are playing

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Comrade Fakename posted:

A perfect triangulation.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Wrong thread.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I doubt it's deliberate but Starmer is doing a really good job all the same of preparing the ground for a centre left candidate to be welcomed by the left and centre wings of the party just by not being such an entirely worthless neoliberal empty suit. I had zero expectations from Starmer but I still couldn't conceive that he would be this detestable

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 3, 2021

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

run a movie synopsis through google translate several times and then back into english and make them guess the movie

also: pixellate a famous movie scene and make them guess the movie (i had a round get harder and harder and to my astonishment someone guessed american beauty for the last question despite my image having 6 pixels in it)

These are both amazing ideas, holy poo poo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Red Ed Redemption.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I really wish they'd do one of those Games Workshop hack and slash games where you get to be a champion of Chaos rather than an agent of the Empire/Imperium. C'mon, RPG customisation where you get to pick your god and become progressively more mutated would be rad as hell. Let me play as a Warrior of Slaanesh and obliterate an entire screenful of enemies in a tastefully-scented murder-orgy, or a Sorcerer of Tzeentch who turns the entire enemy army inside out and then makes them eat each other.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

15 year old sub gets on and is immediately screamed at by all the players and ref and gets lifelong PTSD

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

feedmegin posted:

I mean, this is pretty big, yes. You're making 2 grand a month with literally nothing to spend it on, so you'll be coming home with all of that minus tax (which will be at the basic rate) in your bank account.

And if you're there more than 365 days consecutively you get to pay 7% BAT instead (with various caveats that require too much googling to be sure of.)

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Red Ed Redemption.

Tbh I genuinely think that Ed would be an excellent unity candidate, though on the probably very unlikely proviso that he had a damascene conversion to the left. But basically everyone likes Ed as a personality these days.

Anyway, Ash Sarkar is clearly a member of this thread, reveal yourself coward!

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1356979710866112513

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Can you call a crisp truly posh if they sell massive bags for £1?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's roysters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Salt and vinegar squares are great

The new salt and vinegar quavers less so

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure that "what if we tried ed again" is going to be a very good electoral decision though.

Also he's got a lot of baggage, not like he wrote his previous positions in stone or anything.

Also do pork scratchings count as crisps.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I think this is one of the most superbly subtle troll posts I've ever seen

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Tyrells, obviously.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

I really wish they'd do one of those Games Workshop hack and slash games where you get to be a champion of Chaos rather than an agent of the Empire/Imperium. C'mon, RPG customisation where you get to pick your god and become progressively more mutated would be rad as hell. Let me play as a Warrior of Slaanesh and obliterate an entire screenful of enemies in a tastefully-scented murder-orgy, or a Sorcerer of Tzeentch who turns the entire enemy army inside out and then makes them eat each other.

I mean it's tabletop roleplaying but that is a thing and if it weren't for y'know *gestures at all the germs* I'd be interested in running it.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure that "what if we tried ed again" is going to be a very good electoral decision though.

Also he's got a lot of baggage, not like he wrote his previous positions in stone or anything.

I mean, it's not even a little likely to happen so I don't want to be too ride or die for this idea, but I think you could make a good "comeback kid" narrative and talk about how he's changed and matured as a politician. And does he have any real baggage? He can basically disown any previously held political position. And he went through an entire election cycle and the worst the Tories could dig up on him was that he ate a sandwich weird once. I think in a post-Boris era we've crossed the Rubicon of looking a bit stupid once can sink your political prospects.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1356980180758261761

See I was gonna say that too, but they aren't cos i et them as a kid.

But I also offer this as proof of my pork scratchings are crisps hypothesis because skips aren't crisps they're prawn crackers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

I mean, it's not even a little likely to happen so I don't want to be too ride or die for this idea, but I think you could make a good "comeback kid" narrative and talk about how he's changed and matured as a politician. And does he have any real baggage? He can basically disown any previously held political position. And he went through an entire election cycle and the worst the Tories could dig up on him was that he ate a sandwich weird once. I think in a post-Boris era we've crossed the Rubicon of looking a bit stupid once can sink your political prospects.

I mean I feel like that just feeds into the idea that they'll say anything for approval, which frankly is also what I think about ed generally. He seems perfectly willing to take any position if it keeps him in a job, which to me makes him untrustworthy.

I would prefer someone who at has at least been slightly consistent in the general theme of what they want.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Petition to rename the country Captain Tom and make the UK flag blue with a captain Tom silhouette and change the words of the national anthem to "I love captain Tom". Also all poppies to have captain toms face on them

What do you mean "no" why do you hate Britain

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Comrade Fakename posted:

And does he have any real baggage?
He's got 2 kitchens and can't eat a bacon sandwich, but at least he's not a loving antisemite

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Borrovan posted:

He's got 2 kitchens and can't eat a bacon sandwich, but at least he's not a loving antisemite

But wasn't his dad hitler or something?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

I mean it's tabletop roleplaying but that is a thing and if it weren't for y'know *gestures at all the germs* I'd be interested in running it.
Nurgle campaign with added realism.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I feel like that just feeds into the idea that they'll say anything for approval, which frankly is also what I think about ed generally. He seems perfectly willing to take any position if it keeps him in a job, which to me makes him untrustworthy.

I would prefer someone who at has at least been slightly consistent in the general theme of what they want.

Eh, you could have him say that "I was being held back before but now I see that leftist politics aren't just viable but necessary" and reveal himself as the True Ed.

And as Borrovan mentioned, having a Jewish leader could be very useful!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

feedmegin posted:

I mean I appreciate that but my employers usually don't give me a raise just because my rent has gone up, so I don't see why I should get less because it's temporarily gone down. Also if you have a mortgage or family at home renting then you're still paying for that even while you aren't there.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LabourList/status/1356987461885448193?s=19

I'm going to punch Keith.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

I mean I appreciate that but my employers usually don't give me a raise just because my rent has gone up, so I don't see why I should get less because it's temporarily gone down. Also if you have a mortgage or family at home renting then you're still paying for that even while you aren't there.

I'm not a huge fan of paying people in scrip but the alternative to having accommodation provided is that some fucker buys up all the rooms available en masse and then starts charging people through the nose to rent them, so on balance it seems like a pretty good system as is

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
smgdh at the disrespect of guava not renaming the thread Captain Tom Memorial 2021

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

This seems factually incorrect as none of the guidance I'm aware of says that - a no confidence motion would only be out of order if it also referred to the other disallowed topics.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
why didn't we think of immediately banning anyone hinting at dissent, these people are geniuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm not a huge fan of paying people in scrip but the alternative to having accommodation provided is that some fucker buys up all the rooms available en masse and then starts charging people through the nose to rent them, so on balance it seems like a pretty good system as is

He's not saying that. They should pay the going rate for that job and also provide accommodation and food.