Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

That line is in fact what triggered it. That quote went far and wide in like 5 seconds across all of twitter and I imagine the algos traded on it as well.

Everything is so dumb

It's already basically recovered from a -15% flash crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

cr0y posted:

Someone tweeted something dumb about CCIV, thanks jackass

oh poo poo I sold this morning at 33 after getting in at 25 and thought I was dumb as hell. it looks like it's creeping back up now.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So I'm trying to transfer my cash out of Robinhood but it keeps saying "request throttled".

Anyone had this happen to them?

EDIT - Nevermind got it to work. Had to use a different computer for some reason.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 3, 2021

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

diamon diaper hands

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
I’ve been buying into TELL not to take away from the NDRA talk. But it’s just like a small cap biotech in that they’re either going to dilute to 0 over the next two years or be worth $100000000 a share. They’re building a big LNG terminal in Louisiana. There’s a huge disparity between US and Asian nat gas prices and the later you touch it the more of the profit you keep. Anyway this is my lottery ticket stock pick for people like my who are too simple for the science stuff.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm interested to see the NOK earnings report tomorrow

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I’ve been buying into TELL not to take away from the NDRA talk. But it’s just like a small cap biotech in that they’re either going to dilute to 0 over the next two years or be worth $100000000 a share. They’re building a big LNG terminal in Louisiana. There’s a huge disparity between US and Asian nat gas prices and the later you touch it the more of the profit you keep. Anyway this is my lottery ticket stock pick for people like my who are too simple for the science stuff.

don't touch oil &gas industry wtf

Yomofo717
Nov 1, 2020
I'm hopping on the CCIV train once my bank transfer clears. My friend just told me about it today.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

seriously. I ate poo poo on Chesapeake and all I have to show for it is the ability to write off some gains. I'm DONE with O&G

YMMV, your circus, your monkeys, do what you want with them.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Speaking of energy investments, TPIC has been amazing so far. It just keeps gaining and gaining.

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

UWMC seems to be headed back in the right direction. Am I the only one still holding on to it?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm trying to transfer my cash out of Robinhood but it keeps saying "request throttled".

Anyone had this happen to them?

Yeah when I loaned money to someone that was broke and didn't have a job.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

$GTBIF made me some money before I sold to push some GME. They seem like a solid company poised to break out even more.

Thanks for this suggestion, I bought in yesterday just before close.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Yomofo717 posted:

I'm hopping on the CCIV train once my bank transfer clears. My friend just told me about it today.

Every time I see a news headline about CCIV its price has already done the opposite of whatever the article claims.

"Why CCIV just can't stop climbing!"
*checks ticker, it's down 7%

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Space Fish posted:

Every time I see a news headline about CCIV its price has already done the opposite of whatever the article claims.

"Why CCIV just can't stop climbing!"
*checks ticker, it's down 7%

News travels slow in these parts

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Scott's Miracle Gro continuing to be a great "pickaxes for gold miners" option

Brain medicine printing the big bucks as always

Kinda sucks that good news for gut drug efficacy (9 Meters celiac treatment) is bad news for gut drug efficacy enhancers (AMTI) but that's just how it goes some times

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Man I do not envy Astra Zenica investors that were putting their hopes on their covid vaccine.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

I shoulda bought the dip on CRTX seeing how it's up 16% as of this moment :eyepop:

Oh well at least I'm back green after a few weeks of being in the red.

naughty joystick
Jun 6, 2011

devilmonk posted:

UWMC seems to be headed back in the right direction. Am I the only one still holding on to it?

I got a handful of shares, holding out that it’s gonna go back up to 12

Also bought the CCIV dip, and I can’t decide what I want to do with these FTOC shares

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Huh. I bought IBIO this morning and it's seen a nice little jump today; it's still super cheap.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
If I lose the $200 I put into NDRA I’m going to drink myself into fatty liver disease out of spite.

Diamond Hands meet Swiss Cheese Liver.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
It's nice to see AAL starting to head up some after I bought some at $17 a couple of days ago. I wonder if it's because of the announced plans for route growth with JetBlue.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

MrOnBicycle posted:

Man I do not envy Astra Zenica investors that were putting their hopes on their covid vaccine.
I'm not clear on why AZ is down on today's news that their vac is not only effective after one dose but also slows the transmission of the virus? I guess because they don't get to sell millions of second doses?

e: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/us/astrazeneca-coronavirus-vaccine.html that's the article I noticed this morning. Although I don't hold any AZN myself it seemed good not bad

a friend in need
Jul 7, 2018
What price realistically is GameStop going to settle at? It was like $4 before it surged up, is that a likely return to normality or will it end up higher?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
So the new theory from WSB is that the stocks don't even exist anymore with GME. This is the link that is getting passed around.
https://wherearetheshares.com/

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Fake stocks!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Money isn’t real, film at 11.

Out of Ftoc, that was a nice run to 14

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

But you’re all piling into early biotechs it’s not that irresponsible :saddowns:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

NDRA down to $2.22 from a high of $2.29 are we being ladder attacked???

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Huh, Souki is still at it. I think I’ll keep an eye on this.

Goon Oil sadly had bad timing, but could have been amazing to watch.

Roman Rambo
Dec 21, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

I've now lost my house and my car on NDRA. My wife is leaving me, we are homeless, and I have to eat centipedes for the rest of my life. All because you guys told me to buy.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

The Goon Oil thread for those so inclined:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590524

Goon geologists almost started a good sized company reworking old wells before things ate poo poo.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I’d buy GoPro before Gamestop. They’ve closed more than half their locations, and the stores that remain have horrible prices and even worse selection. Their inventory is so pathetic that they have game cases on display for games they don’t have in stock, otherwise the shelves would look too empty.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

I’d buy GoPro before Gamestop. They’ve closed more than half their locations, and the stores that remain have horrible prices and even worse selection. Their inventory is so pathetic that they have game cases on display for games they don’t have in stock, otherwise the shelves would look too empty.

Maybe they could pivot into mental health clinics for people who want to stop gaming.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Where, if anywhere, is the logic behind what the folks on Reddit are doing/trying to do?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I just want to advertise that since it began active trading, the Residency Evil Fund has an annualized return of 395232882749.42%, which NGL, is pretty great. Our fees are pretty steep, but I think probably pretty worth it. PM for more info.

mongeese
Mar 30, 2003

If you think in fractals...

drunken officeparty posted:

I bought at $2.28. Is this a ladder attack or are the shares disappearing?

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Syrinxx posted:

I'm not clear on why AZ is down on today's news that their vac is not only effective after one dose but also slows the transmission of the virus? I guess because they don't get to sell millions of second doses?

e: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/03/us/astrazeneca-coronavirus-vaccine.html that's the article I noticed this morning. Although I don't hold any AZN myself it seemed good not bad

It's likely both because it not being approved for people > 65 due to insufficient data from studies on this population as well as (probably) the fact that Switzerland isn't giving it the go ahead right now. But then again, Pfizer has gone down as well. Could also be the distribution problems in Europe that play their part.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 3, 2021

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My check deposit still hasn't posted so I missed out on a SAVA blitz.

gently caress you, banks. It's 2021. You can process my transaction in less than 3 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol AMC popping off god damnit